About LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform

LigoLab is a provider of innovative end-to-end healthcare software for laboratories, servicing 150+ facilities nationwide. As a comprehensive enterprise-grade solution, the LigoLab LIS & RCM Laboratory Operating Platform...

4.2
4.1

All LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform Reviews Apply filters

Browse LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform Reviews

Ron

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

LigoLab

The people behind the company, as always, are the answer to the incredible solutions they have brought to the marketplace.
A great team to work with

Pros

Ease of use and Functionality.
Adaptability

Cons

Upgrades, testing, and implementations difficult to manage.

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

My experience after 7 years

This is what I tell everyone. 29 days out of the month I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. On the 30th day when the bill comes, I get grumpy. Then it starts over the next month.

Pros

For anatomic pathology they have thought about almost everything. The functionality and customization with relatively little major work or overhauling is unparalleled in the industry. It seems like every time we ask, can we do this? They walk us through how we could adjust settings and make it happen. They get pathology and labs. You can really tell the folks who developed this product worked in a lab environment.

Cons

I wish it was cloud based. I wish they would apply their genius to include a scheduling module for pathologists and also a more robust means of case assignment to said pathologists.

NovoPath 360 and Orchard Harvest

Reasons for Switching to LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform

As a small business the up front cost was more manageable as a SAAS platform and they grew with us. Also, they answered every question I threw at them with thoughtful and honest answers and multiple demos. Also, as opposed to talking to someone who just did sales, many times in the due diligence I was talking with guys who helped write the program, the guys who knew it in and out.
Kela

Reviewed on 13/8/2021

Ligolab is the most adaptive LIS I've worked with

I struggled a bit to adapt to LigoLab, but as I've grown to know it, I find it ever more intuitive and it is certainly the most flexible system I've worked with. It seems to have infinite capabilities for the pathology lab.

Pros

LigoLab is easily customizable so it can be tailored exactly to your laboratories needs and even to individual physician preferences.
Their customer service team is responsive and always a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is a decent learning curve to master the intricacies of LigoLab. There are often multiple ways to do any one thing which can lead to some degree of non-standardization.

Top LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform Alternatives

Stephen

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Grossing Department Review

So far using LigoLab is easy and idiot-proof. I can easily train new employees how to use the grossing queue or generating requests.

Pros

The ease of access in grossing. With the customizations for our laboratory, printing cassettes while creating labels makes LigoLab superior to other programs. I also love that I can use Dragon Medical software with the test info tab to insert my gross without any issues. The workflow is streamlined beautifully.

Cons

So far I have not had any issues with LigoLab however, the grossing requests to return cases to the grossing queue have brought issues with the Pathologists and grossing department. Sometimes the requests skips grossing queue due to an automation trigger and the request can not be completed until the following day after the error was caught.

Stacey

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Use of Ease

Over all, our experience with LigoLab has been very good. There is not a perfect Information System, however, the customization we have been able to put into place have been very helpful in creating leaner work performances.

Pros

The software has greatly impacted our company. We are now able to easily run Quality Measure reports, better understand our daily volume, and track our current case load.

Cons

Some of the wording within the software is different from wording routinely used in the industry.

Shamim

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Long time user, couldn't be happier!

I'd say that the experience with LigoLab to this time has been excellent, can't really complain. It has simplified our daily work processes in the lab, given us a product that is easily adaptable to changes within our business, and our doctors have been able to easily adapt and utilize the system after training.

Pros

For effective LIS software, the most important thing is to have a clean user interface that is simple and intuitive to navigate and LigoLab is excellent in that regard. Training new users on how to navigate the system is simple, workflows are intuitive to follow, and the system is laid out in such a way that relevant components to a given workflow are easily accessible and view-able.

We initially started using the software in our lab midway through 2017 and have been using it ever since. We began with only GYN Cytology being processed through the system, but in the years following we've since moved over our NGYN and Surgical work as well. We've moved over the majority of our lab operations over to the program and have found it to be an excellent system with great resources available that make tracking cases and analyzing statistics on a quarterly and/or yearly basis very simple. It's simple to update existing templates, implement new lab tests, and create/review custom reports to track all the relevant statistics for orders in your system.

If we ever run into an issue or have an implementation in mind that we cannot perform ourselves, it's very easy to get in touch with someone on the development team to help push down fixes down the pipeline.

Cons

The only issue I have with the system is the speed of use. Booting up the program can take some time depending on certain machines/environments, but this is mostly due to minor updates being performed on the program whenever it is booted up as well as database connection. Once the environment has been booted up it's reasonable, but actually booting up the program can take upwards of a minute and a half.

Lisa

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Director of Laboratory Systems

During the peak of COVID, the Ligo Lab software allowed our lab to not only keep up but also take on additional testing for other laboratories. To name just a few things; we implemented high speed bulk scanning, drive through testing and many other features that allow us to keep testing in-house.

Pros

I like the flexibility of the LIS. I like that it can integrate with just about everything. The LIS has a Connect application which allows IOPs to accession their own cases and then forward to the lab for processing. This feature saves the laboratory from having to accession a case and the order is electronic. TAT doesn't begin until the specimen reaches the lab and the order is released. It's great for other laboratories that use our lab as a reference lab.

Cons

Ad-hoc reporting could be improved upon. For example, If your attempting to pull data for a 12 month period and have specific filters like test type, client name it will take some time and patience.

Kathy

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Customer Service

Pros

With the loss of our IT Manager I was sort of thrown in to doing some things that I had little to no training on. Although I am usually able to figure it out myself I often have had to rely on LIGO help. On top of that I am getting COVID fatigue and at times, as I'm with LIGO help on a team viewer session or such I will suddenly see the problem and feel like an idiot. I am normally very sensitive to 'hearing' any sort of frustration in someone's voice and either they are very good at hiding it or they just don't get frustrated. They have always been extremely kind, patient and helpful. They are truly the poster children for customer service.

Cons

If there is something about the software that is not liked they are very good at taking into consideration an enhancement.
Sometimes it frustrates me that there are so many ways to get what you need to accomplish done but having said that, I've had the same experience with other systems as well so it's more just a 'me' issue. :)

Kevin

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

Excelling at Interface Integration

I have been working with LigoLab for 4 years now and it is a great solution for our laboratory. It is leaps and bounds above our previous LIS.

Pros

The ways in which you can customize the features to suit your company's needs are endless. We have a wide variety of systems feeding into and out of Ligolab that all have their own custom needs along with our staff that like their pieces to function a certain way. LigoLab does a great job of making each part function as we need them to and more importantly work together as a system.

Cons

The ability to customize so extensively comes with a cost. That cost is that the manipulation of the software and the downstream effects that come with it become so complex that it often cannot be done by me or my colleagues and must be handled by LigoLab's support teams. Their customer support teams are well prepared for this though.

Jeanine

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Robust System

Pros

This system allows our teams to touch many aspects of our laboratory testing quickly. We are able to provide results to clients in a variety of methods and can provide many custom reports to meet their patient-care needs. We can ascertain TAT for the lab in general or for a specific test and/or client.

Cons

It is not always intuitive and you have to search several ways before you can find the most meaningful data.

Reviewed on 16/5/2020

Customization that meets individual laboratory needs

The LigoLab team have been great partners to our organization and a foundation for continued growth in our lab services.

Pros

I like how nimble it is. We can easily customize, interface and integrate for use with many applications.

Cons

Because it is so customizable, I would recommended that you have a least a couple "super-users" within your organization.

Orchard Harvest and WindoPath

Reasons for Choosing LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform

Ease of use. Java based. More flexibility

Reasons for Switching to LigoLab LIS & RCM Operating Platform

Overall better product
Jacie

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

User friendly system with a great support team

LigoLab makes training new employees easy. The systems fits into our workflow very well and allows detailed tracking to pinpoint errors when they do occur. The support staff is very helpful when a problem arises, or if I have questions about features or customizations.

Pros

User friendly, many features to help prevent errors at every workbench, ability to customize rules and reports to fit our workflow

Cons

Integrating a dictation system with LigoLab has been a challenging project for me, in general. Perhaps it would be helpful if LigoLab provided a specific guide for integrating a recommended dictation platform.

Allison

Would Recommend

I have not worked with a lot of other LIS systems to make a comparison but I have gotten very comfortable working with LigoLab. Their support team is usually pretty good but also the software is easy for us as the client to customize.

Pros

They are very open to discussing solutions with us and very rarely have we asked for something that they have not been able to address or accommodate. Also I think the system is well organized.

Cons

I would say there could be some improvements with usability especially for users that are not as comfortable using computers and specialized computer software.

Kristen

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

Outstanding Anatomic Pathology Solution with Great Flexibility

Our overall experience to date has been fantastic! We had a very aggressive timeline to meet and the LigoLab team was up to the challenge. We are moving on to additional phases to our implementation and LigoLab continues to be an engaged partner with helping us stay on track.

Pros

The system is highly customizable; there is "almost" nothing you can't do.

We are able to produce beautiful reports that are easy to read; this is a huge physician satisfier!

Support team is very well versed and able to devise creative solutions to challenging issues; pleasure to work with.

Cons

Not necessarily a bad thing, as more comfort will come over time and exposure to all of the software nuances, but there is a lot to "take in" to use the system to its fullest capacity.

Michelle

Reviewed on 1/9/2021

Independent Lab review of LIGOLAB LIS

We were utilizing Ligo very effectively in our AP lab. When we implemented Covid testing, they helped us pivot quickly to develop a LIS workflow that worked for large volumes of testing. Most recently, we are working with Ligo developers to utilize the LIS for Clinical testing in other depts. We were able to interface with all new lab equipment, quickly develop reports, workflow, test builds, etc

Pros

It is very tailored to our needs. The developer are very knowledgeable in lab processes and work hard to develop workflows that streamline our processes.

Cons

The developing is time consuming. For clinical lab, it isn't an out of the box LIS

Roxane

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

LigoLab Information System

Increased efficiencies, less errors, great staff to work with.

Pros

Very user friendly and intuitive with good workflow.

Cons

Not applicable, Not applicable, Not applicable.

RONALD
  • Used for 2+ years

Outstanding Laboratory Information System

Pros

The LigoLab LIS has the most sophisticated features I have seen in my 30 years in the lab business. I have never used a system that allows so much user customization, via parameter files, without the need for custom programming. We did not have one single lab workflow that the system could not handle. The LigoLab support team has always been available whenever the lab had an issue or needed something new. Their technical design people are the best I have ever worked with in my years in the business.

Cons

The system has so many sophisticated user-driven parameters that it takes even a strong user at least 6 months to learn how to use them. However, once this knowledge is gained, the power it represents is second to none in my experience.

Angela

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

New RCM System

I would say overall the system functionality is pretty good. As time has passed improvements have been put into place and the system continues to grow.

Pros

When I first started using the system it was fairly easy to figure out. Processing claims needing corrections, posting payments, fixing errors etc.

Cons

When updates are made to the system, we as users are not always informed. Processes which had been tried and true, were then gone and we had to recreate the wheel.

Saran

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

LigoLab for Clinical Lab

Prior to going live with the clinical use, we were in preparation for anatomic use.
As a result, the groundwork was relatively solid making the implementation easier than without prior preparation.

Pros

Easy to setup and use.
Reliable with no down time.
Accurate resulting.
Good management reports and statistical reports.

Cons

Migration from training/testing environment to Live or production environment is manual and could lead to inconsistent result.

Parin

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Robust One stop Shop System

Pros

The ease of implementation, and once you get used to it, it's pretty efficient.

Cons

Data mining. You have to go through multiple layers to find the actual info you need, and there is not Database guide available to point you in the right direction.

Abigail

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

Great Customization

Pros

LigoLab is very user friendly and allows for so much customization. It is easy to change as we grow and bring in more testing.

Cons

When it comes to the software there is not much not to like as it adjusts to your workflow very easily.

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

Very functional LIS & great staff always there to help.

Pros

I like that you can generate all types of reports and easily access results.

Cons

If you've never used an LIS before, Ligo can be somewhat difficult to navigate and get use to.

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

Admin use

Pros

Unlike full feature EMRs like Cerner and EPIC, I found getting statistics and patient information for MIPS/MACRA reporting very user friendly. It has been very helpful looking at TAT stats for the QPP 440 - Dermatology/Pathology Measure.

Cons

With our current install - the CPT codes are not part of our database. This makes it difficult to correlate with our billing company's software.

Kavi
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

LigoLab Review - OmniPathology

I was very happy with the customization available on the administration end although the pricing was what eventually swayed our organization to another option. While I feel a higher price-tag is warranted with all the features associated, price-per-case seems like an archaic way to gauge a company's use.

Pros

The deep customization that is available on the user-end. Every aspect, from the accessioning to the reporting, was able to be tweaked even in the minute details. This customization was perfect for a lab that is constantly adding new protocols and developing new tests.

Cons

The learning curve was very steep which may have been to the very crammed UI, there were few steps that would be considered obvious to a standard lab-user. This would have lead to extensive training on the lab-staff end and would create a need for in-depth user guides.

Christopher

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

Creating lab efficiencies with Test Directly

outstanding and has enable our company to grow considerably

Pros

Customizable and tremendous customer service

Cons

can be complex yet customer service is second to none