About Epos Now

Epos Now POS system is an effective business management, sales, and payment system for single-site, multi-site and online businesses. The system offers an extensive range of management and sales tools, with the option to expand...

3.1
3.3
3.4

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

We use it to run our bar

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Crystal

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.
Pierre
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Very bad service

Pros

Nothing. At all the way they treat in every way very very bad

Cons

Very bad service and the way they try to take your money

Top Epos Now Alternatives

Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed Retail

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Hidden fees, broken promises

Horrible, difficult to use, customer services horrible, constant hidden charges on sales as well as use fees $$$$$

Pros

They don't really stand out above anyone else, so nothing really

Cons

Fees, hidden charges, difficult customer service

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Fast talking lying salesman made it sound good then we started getting hidden fees and charges added
Cesar

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

Pros

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

Cons

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen.

The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Cesar.

Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities.

It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you.

Kind Regards

Replied 7/11/2018
Christopher

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Don’t Trust EposNow

Horrible! Frustrating and letdown!

Pros

Nothing it wouldn’t work for my business

Cons

It whole system was a con! Don’t invest in it! Sales person said it would work for my business and it doesn’t complete waste of time!

Vend

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Sold by sales person epos now

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Price and was told it would work for what I wanted it to do.
Joshua

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

ePOSnow and my thoughts

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider.
we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

Pros

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

Cons

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work.
Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Clover

Loyalty program
Jeananne

Reviewed on 24/1/2022

POS system suitable for small retail outlets only

Still waiting to resolve outstanding payment issues

Pros

POSTouch screen , POS customer display. If it had of worked the intergrated eftpos

Cons

Unfortunately EPOSnow is not at all suitable for medium to large retail businesses. There are many basic functions it is not capable of doing and those that it is capable of doing mostly require you to download and pay for additional apps.
We where not able to do something as basic as print off a customer invoice on A4. It does not recognise duplicate barcodes. The eftpos system that was sold with the product does not work through our store due to its inability to accept the "basic card". Salesman's knowledge of the product was very limited, they are the experts and I feel it should have been up to them to ensure this product meet all of my business model requirements. Very disappointed and have now returned to the old POS system

Yvonne

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

A few glitches

Inventory will be easier in future.
Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store.
Taking inventory is easy.
It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work.
A manual to go with the product would be useful.
It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Michelle

Reviewed on 15/9/2016

Good experience with Epos Now

Pros

Great looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.

Cons

There are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical.
Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person.
Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue.
Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them.
This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.

Kate

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

Contact the BBB and your state Attorney General

It's a PAIN! Don't pay for this nightmare.

Pros

Next to nothing! The people I spoke to at first were AWESOME! Then, once I paid, I got the WORST support.

Cons

Horrible. Most of my scheduled calls were never met. They just didn't call for our set up appointments. They kept me on hold anywhere from 10-60 min. When things started to go south, they were harder to get in touch with. They are not holding up their end of the contract and want to charge me $500 to cancel my account. The 28 page Terms and Conditions are a MUST to read. They're convoluted and difficult to understand when there's a problem so be careful before you give them your credit card info. This is a paid for NIGHTMARE!!!

Lightspeed, Clover, Shopify POS and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

qbPOS is no longer supported.

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Because it was less expensive and they said it would integrate with my website.
Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Mathew

Reviewed on 6/8/2020

Extremely Disappointing

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase.

Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide.

Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point???????

Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Erick
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Customer Service

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from Epos Now

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

Replied 15/1/2019
Zehra

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros

I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons

Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!

I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

Sheri

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Customer support was non-existent

It was simply terrible. I probably spoke or communicated through text/support with over 12 people - not one was able to get us up and running. It was ridiculously time-consuming, very frustrating, and negatively impacted my client's trust in my agency. It was such a mistake to go with a European-based company and one that made a lot of promises they couldn't keep.

Pros

It seemed reasonably priced and fully functioned from the material and salesperson. The numbers certainly seemed to work.

Cons

We were never able to get the calendar and payment systems integrated despite dozens of calls/emails/support tickets and unkept promises. Onboarding was disastrous. They couldn't deal with the time zone differences between Europe and the US and the reps seemed to not know anything beyond the very basics of the system. So we never had the system function for us and had to cancel and go through a whole other system selection process. They don't want to take back the equipment so we're stuck with their dedicated hardware to trash.

Michelle

Reviewed on 8/4/2018

Terrible customer service

Pros

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Derek

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Glitches

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The company went out of business

Cost

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

Dreadful support of a non functioning system

Dreadful and extremely costly. Possibly the worst in over 30 years of working in Epos. As a consultant advising on Epos / Accounting selections for retailers of a single store through to significant multiple site/till configurations i could never recommend such a product confidently when it fails at its its most basic level.

In very short space of time became apparent that the product did not meet its claimed functionality and was creating significant challenge for the client and a decision to halt the project at significant cost and resort to its former system.

Pros

Not Much to define it above anything else in a crowded marketplace of average solutions.

Cons

With over 30 years in the Epos industry, both supply and executive user, Brought in to effect the conversion and integration of accounting systems for existing Eposnow solution. On representation of links to Xero and with other systems integrated elsewhere to the platform in the business all attempts to link were painful. !st line support were unable to fix and any higher support was not accessible. Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem).
Then the problems really started. Transactionally the information flows to Xero were flawed and did not balance to reality. The posting of sales invoices to the accounting ledger made no reference to defined accounting structure, created spurious entries and gave no meaningful method by which reconciliation could be achieved.

Kevin

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Beware of what your told and what you get

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup
not hard to use
The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense
when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow
The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy
Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own.
'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items
I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Graham

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Avoid

I've given up contacting customer support, you get nowhere with a serious issue. It is always referred to the developers.
My issue now is that stock re-order levels are not be alerted to me.

Pros

As a retailer there is not a lot to like about this software.

Cons

Clumsy, does not integrate with apps, especially shopify.
Features are aimed at the hospitality industry, not suitable for retail.
The database is clumsy, you can only search for products on the till if they are listed as for sale on the till.
With over 2000 products in my inventory that makes the till slow.
Integration with card payments is awful.
You request a fix and it takes months, but the system is always being updated with cosmetic upgrades.
Avoid like the plague

Sherry

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

After one year

Pros

Great tech support, cusromizable software.

Cons

There is no user manual, and the "guide me" feature is limited

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Outdated software, price
Jess
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

The most horrible customer service I had experience

The experience is bad bad. We paid system to help and to make our live easier but in this case is not, we are losing money too. Take so much longer to get things fix within epos. I still can't believe how people rate this system 4.0 star. I think they only deserve 2 at best because of:
- customer service experience (When you call them, the staff also need to read the same documentation as you so you have to be on the line for at least 1 hours to get help, and even then it doesn't solve your issue. Like other says they give me empty promises too on call back and appointment, that makes they untrustworthy. so hard to trust their word)
- the quality of the software (you won't find smooth experience here as the software is so clunky. The till app does not even work on my ipad)
- the user friendliness of the system (the process flow of adding new product is not streamline, so much go back and forth make the whole experience of setting up is so draging and long. So much harder to train your staff how to add items)
- features (most of the features need to pay as add ons so don't get fool by their marketing team on the affordable price)
- Shopify integration is bad!!

In conclusion, I am not and will never recommend this system. It's a nightmare for me. If you have the luxury to choose others POS system it might give less stress and save you much more time and money.

Pros

Nothing. It's hard to like the product when the staff of the support team doesn't know what they are doing.

Cons

Customer Support is horrible! I think the word horrible is under statement. It's beyond horrible. It's so hard to get them, they never call back when they said they would.

Bhav

Reviewed on 5/5/2023

Epos THEN - Walk away - Not for a Retail Businesses

Poor, it is NOT a retail based system. They seem to have misguided many people as it really should be called RESTAURANT EPOS NOW.

Pros

Not a great deal. Oversold on the product and way under delivered in terms of software and service.

Cons

I was bombarded prior to purchasing, sales guy, tech support, literally on hand all the time BUT once you pay, GOODBYE! I was left high and dry with almost NO contact (as promised for onboarding) resulting in stores being closed for 3 days due to it not being correctly set up. PAID FOPR PREMIUM SUPOORT. - Absolute con and waste of money. Had one 'support' staff even hung up the support call as he was unable (more likely unaware) of resolving the issue. Premium support is meant to be 24/7, good luck if you manage to egt ANYTHING resolved out of hours. Don't do it.

Adam

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

The perfect solution for my business

Pros

The software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.

Cons

epos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Kind Regards,