7shifts Reviews

About 7shifts

7shifts is an all-in-one restaurant team management platform that helps operators: 1) Make more profitable decisions. You'll get the insights you need to make the best team and operating decisions every day. Hit your labor...

Browse 7shifts Reviews

1,135 of 1,135 reviews
heather
heather

Reviewed on 28/3/2019

7shifts, not just for scheduling

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules.

the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability.

the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts.

the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks.

the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Replied 1/4/2019
Tom

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

Game changing app!

Overall it’s great! Customer service is my biggest reason for using 7shifts!!!! Questions get addressed the same day! If there’s a glitch or a feature request, they listen and will try to implement on their next update. This app has come a long way. The app is ever evolving and I see new features being added from time to time. Love the support and love the evolution. Price is also fair. 100% will recommend to any businesses!

Pros

A super all-in-one app that does pretty much everything. Scheduling, to time clocking, to event calendar, to messaging, to task assigning. Price is fair and function is easy to use.

Cons

Messaging within the app is slow and unreliable. Amount of notifications received is too much and not easily customizable. Not having the ability to show a staff’s shift from another department that work multiple departments when printing is kind of a bummer (if I am scheduled to work as a manager in admin department, I will not show up in the restaurant department even though I am assigned and appear on schedule).

MakeShift and HotSchedules

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

I started with Microsoft excel. It’s free, but you get what you paid for. Workarounds after workarounds. Then I tried “when I work”. It’s great, but they charge by the employee, which gets pretty expensive after 50+ people. MakeShift was recommended by our payroll company because our time clock is sync’d with MakeShift so we can effectively use labour forecast vs actual labour. But that’s the only thing good about it. Hate the fact I need to use 3 different apps - 1 for manager, 1 for staff scheduling and 1 for messenging… price is also higher too. 7shifts’s pricing is excellent. Flat fee, unlimited employees was huge. Plus the functions available was almost perfect! It hits every check mark and then some. If our time clock data (ADP) can be uploaded to 7shifts or have an integration between the two, that would be a dream come true!

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Price was the biggest decision maker. Ease of use. And the fact the dev team listen and evolve to make the end user’s experience better is the key reason for the switch. I’ve already seen over 10 major upgrades over the past 2 years. No other products out there can do what 7shifts can!

Response from 7shifts

Tom, thank you SO much for such a detailed review with so much thought and consideration - our entire team really appreciates it and looks forward to providing your business with value for years to come.

Replied 3/9/2021
Susie

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

It’s Okay

Pros

When choosing the highest cost package, you will have access to the most basic necessary functions. They do not charge base level employees to use the app

Cons

Some functions change without first being informed (although they state that they always inform prior to a change). Their beta testing due diligence leaves something to be desired. If they are unable to duplicate an error even if you can prove it exists, they refuse to fix it saying they are incapable of doing so.

They make their customers pay for basic functions through the most costly package

I used to use 7ahifts for over 4 years. I was looking at using them again for a different restaurant. However, the salesperson I encountered was a typical salesperson and never talked to me like they cared about the company Where I’m currently employed. Instead I was told stats about how I wouldn’t find a program cheaper, that they weren’t gouging those who wanted the basic functions I pointed at, and multiple other aspects in which I was wrong. When I pointed that out, he proceeded to raise his voice at me, chuckled and attempted to carry on

I hung up on him at that point of the conversation

I would have never signed a contract with this individual. Hopefully other sales reps actually care about potential customers

Response from 7shifts

Hi Susie,

Thanks so much for your comment. We really appreciate your candid feedback so we can make the 7shifts experience better for all users, and we're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal.

As a product that is growing and evolving every day, our pricing has changed a lot since you would have first started using 7shifts 4 years ago, but we would like to see what we can do to make 7shifts work for the restaurant you are currently working in. Please drop us a line at [email protected] and we will see what we can do to offer a solution the meets the needs of your business.

In regards to your interactions with a member of our team, I have flagged this to our management team to ensure that we provide everyone the same high level of service that we ourselves would expect.

We apologize if your experience was less than ideal and really take that to heart. We hope that in the future we can earn back the trust you have placed in our business.

Replied 22/4/2020

Top 7shifts Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

ADP Workforce Now

Vaikhari

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Easy and Efficient

I had a good experience with this app. I was able to deal with all the management duties through the mobile app even when I was not at the store.

Pros

7 shift was easy to use. Especially scheduling and dealing with employee availability.

Cons

Some of the important features were not included in the basic package

Response from 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Replied 26/2/2024
Mahmud

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

All in one

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience.

User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Buddy Punch and ScheduleFlex

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

HotSchedules

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Replied 3/2/2021
Leslie

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Best Decision

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting
We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour
We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability
Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management
Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management
Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report
We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc)
Employees can access by phone or computer
Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift
Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor
Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Replied 2/12/2019
Keith

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Love 7Shifts!

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

When I Work

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

HotSchedules was to cumbersome and slow. They charged for the app. They were slow to change and very expensive.

HotSchedules

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Replied 19/11/2019
Chef Steven

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros

- Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Replied 15/11/2019
Gerad

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros

7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software.

I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons

I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant).

I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts.

Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

7shifts is really a suite of extremely well-thought-out and heavily integrated tools that work in concert to form a single application/website where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Their user and administrator documentation is great, they have mobile apps for both major platforms, and their scheduling software directly addresses common restaurant use cases in ways that just make sense for both staff and management. 7shifts integrated with our TouchBistro Point of Sale software. Finally, this was the only scheduling company I could find that applied Machine Learning algorithms to scheduling/shift data to create an auto-scheduling feature. That was the starting point of my search for scheduling software, as scheduling is a really great use of this type of AI tech.

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

We looked at about a dozen other scheduling platforms, most of which I can't remember any longer, but like I said earlier, 7shifts is not just a scheduling platform -- it is 100% geared towards restaurant use, where most of the others are generalist platforms. Out of the scheduling platforms that did focus on restaurants, 7shifts lead the pack by miles in terms of its capability (like 3rd-party integrations), robustness, and thoughtful approach toward solving problems in ways that make both staff and management happy. At the time, 7shifts was the only platform I could find that would apply machine-learning artificial intelligence workflows to restaurant scheduling, which was something I am passionate about and really want to see at our organization.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

Replied 4/11/2019
Allison

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

Still learning the ropes, but seems decent

Pros

We're interested in this app for the optimal labor scheduling feature. Unfortunately, we haven't yet used it long enough for this feature to work for us. Being able to manually add projected sales to the schedule to see the estimated labor % as you prepare the schedule is helpful. The reports seem easy to read. The helpdesk has been responsive so far.

Cons

The cost of the second highest tier plan is the same as the highest tier plan on our previous software. I don't know if this is a good value yet since we haven't been using it long enough to access all the features we need. I'm hoping the longer we use it, the better it will get. So far, myself and my team are still struggling to understand and find everything we need.

Deputy

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

We want to access the optimal labor feature in 7shifts. 7shifts seems more geared towards QSR than Homebase.

Homebase

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Deputy charges per employee.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Allison! We are confident that our optimal labor tool is going to be a game-changer for your restaurant and our team is here to support your.

Replied 8/3/2022
Kelly

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Best Scheduling App

I have used multiple scheduling tools and this is my favorite!

Pros

I love how easy it is to make my schedule. I love how the days my employees request off show up easily and I can copy and paste schedules that repeat often.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications don’t pop up consistently.

Response from 7shifts

Easy for create schedules? Cheaper than the alternative? Better experience for employees? Sounds like 7shifts is the right fit for you Kelly. Thank so much for the review!

Replied 13/11/2020
Melisa

I love 7shifts!

Pros

I love 7shifts! It's easy to use, easy to schedule, easy for my staff. I can communicate with the whole team at once, can look at the whole month of requests off, the reports are handy for seeing who has had what time off, etc. The team can trade shifts amongst themselves and everybody can get ahold of each other when needed. I also like that I have quick easy access to things like employee start dates, etc without having to go digging through their file!We do not sync this with our POS or payroll, but I do use it to double check when I have a time clock entry that seems off.It's also nice to be able to easily access the schedule from years prior!All around good product at a fair price!

Cons

I wish that some features of this product were not only available with the more expensive plan. Reminders for important staff dates would be helpful, but isn't worth the extra $$. Same with a manager log book, I'd love to use it with our business, but it's not worth the price difference to unlock these two items.I've only ever had a couple of issues I've run into. While support wasn't always able to correct them or address them head on, they've always done what they're able to &/or have put in feature requests, etc.

Sling and Schedulefly

Reasons for Choosing 7shifts

We were a brand new business and had shopped around for scheduling software. I also had previously used several other products, but wasn't necessarily keen on what I'd used before. We opted for a different product, but it didn't have the same usability as 7shifts. Glad we realized this early on! We made the switch and have no intention of changing again!
Ashley
  • Industry: Supermarkets

7Shifts Needs Ways to Search for Message Posts that Have Happened in the Past

The scheduling feature, though I do not make the work schedule, seems to work well.

Pros

The way the schedule is laid out on the dashboard is nice and easy to see and understand.

Cons

I need a way to know employee phone numbers when they are not scheduled. On the iPad app, I currently hover over their name (when they are scheduled) and their phone number appears. My coworker is somehow able to see all employee phone numbers regardless of when the person is scheduled, but we could not get access to that on another device. This brings me to another issue: the ability to use all of the features pan-device. It seems like some employees can get some information on some devices, but we cannot find/use every feature on every device, app or website. In the communication/messaging area, we need to be able to bold, underline, and italicize, just like in an email. We need to be able to search for messages, just like in emails.This software is very slow on every device I have used, and in multiple internet connectivity areas. Sometimes a customer is asking for a particular employee. Rather than physically walking around and searching our 4500 sq ft store and office space that's in a separate area, it would be nice to be able to check 7Shifts to see if that person is even working—alas, I can usually walk the entire floor and check three separate office spaces BEFORE the 7shifts Dashboard loads.

Kaitlin

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

Keep up the good work!

Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve.

Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

Pros

It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

Cons

When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day)

Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

Replied 16/11/2020
Rick

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

I never thought I'd depend on 7shifts so much

Pros

The longer we use 7shifts the better it gets. I use it for scheduling, employee newsletters, our employees use it to chat back and forth with eachother and the owners, shift swapping, time-clocking (with PUNCH) and payroll. It basically replaces the need for an HR position. Because we've used it now for a few years, I can quickly scroll back to last year and see our sales trends over time to predict sales and predict staffing requirement. Sometime I forget when we changed our hours last year, so I can easily check that through 7shifts. Also I can play around with future schedules to analyze when we need to hire a new employee or if it's worth it to add or delete days from our schedule.

Cons

Nothing I don't like...but here is an idea for a new feature. I wish I could get an immediate alert (to the owner) if the sales go higher or lower than set parameters for a certain time period. This would tell me that something is wrong (like no sales for 2 hours...uh oh...did we close? is something broken?) or the restaurant needs help (like 3 hours worth of sales in 45 minutes...oh no, we're slammed and need extra hands).

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words and the great suggestion Rick. We love hearing that 7shifts is increasing in value the longer you use it. Thanks for being a great partner and for trusting us to help your restaurant.

Replied 15/9/2021
Katie

Reviewed on 25/5/2023

Just BE Kitchen review

Overall been a good experience

Pros

It is easy to use and has made things easier with the Toast integration. We switched from Jolt to 7 shifts and have much more control over metrics and tying everything together with the Toast integration. Task lists are easy to create and use. Event calendar helps us communicate events to staff

Cons

Labor tracking and scheduling hours are confusing and dificult to determine how those numbers are calculted. They dont align with Toast, so we can never figure out how 7 shifts system is coming up with the labor numbers from the schedule. It is difficult when salaried employees are included on the schedule and Toast caluclates differently

Chelsea

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Much aloha for 7shifts!

I have been very satisfied with the customer service. In Hawaii sometimes its difficult to get answers because of our time difference. But even if I miss customer service, they always get back to me in a very timely manner and I am super grateful!

Pros

I manage a restaurant that uses Toast as our POS system. The integration was easy and I love the real time information shared between both platforms. The scheduling portion of 7shifts is my favorite and the mobile access. Business needs change on a dime in food and beverage and I need all my staff members to be on the same page at all times. The messaging feature is also very crucial, we live on an island and recently Mauna Loa volcano erupted. Some of our team members live on the other side of the island. We wanted to get work out quickly and efficiently to share information and to go over safety protocols and possible plans. 7shifts allowed for us to reach all of our employees in a timely manner.

Cons

One thing I would ask 7shifts to consider is allowing for a business to customize "flags" for the schedule. For example, if I call someone off of work I would rather leave their original schedule posted for the record and indicate that I called them off.

Tricia

Best Bang for Your Buckl

I don't know that we could function properly & in our budget without a scheduling program. We previously used Hot Schedules. It was complicated for everyone & had a lot of extra junk no one really used or needed. We moved to 7shifts & it was a breath of fresh air!!! So much easier to use, the reports it provides are fantastic & it has built in tools that guide the scheduler to meeting their labor costs. Labor is undeniably our largest expense. It is also our most important so having 7shifts help us manage that is priceless. By the way, it is NOT expensive!!

Pros

I find it to be very user friendly for our GM's that build their schedules. I also appreciate the fact that it puts our staff in charge of their schedules. If they play by the rules of 7shifts, they can really make their schedules work for them.

Cons

Customer service; chatting is not efficient & even if the tech is the one that isn't responding, you still get kicked out when the time is up.

Hannah

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

User Friendly!!!

It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pros

I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Cons

At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

Replied 16/11/2020
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

Great scheduling application for any industry

Excellent - no issues from set up and getting our account started we have had zero issues. Communication has been good through the whole process. No issues - extremely positive!

Pros

We have tried a few products and this is the best value for the money. We like the ability to text, message, and have the staff see all this on the mobile app. This is what staff expect these days and we think 7Shifts makes on-line scheduling and helps us keep managers time tied up constantly working schedules.

We use this for our 24 hour operation and it works great for us!

Cons

Not a problem with the software or the application, it is a problem with us since we own numerous companies our time clocks are on another system and do not integrate but could. We should really be using the scheduling application and more features from 7Shifts but that is us not the product.

We should explore more integration and try to push more to 7Shifts.

Response from 7shifts

Thank you for the amazing, detailed review Mark. We really love hearing about your experience coming onboard with 7shifts and the value it has provided your organization.

Replied 3/9/2021
Ciara

7shifts, great for more than just scheduling

Pros

It’s convenient the the mobile app works well to do most scheduling updates and adding of employees. The messaging also works well for getting in touch with team members and the facts that contact information is readily available to our teams to connect.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues where employees do not have update notifications enabled and they miss updates. You also can’t reactivate terminated employees from the mobile app. You don’t get a good view of hourly shift coverage in the mobile app like you do from accessing online in the browser.

Emilee
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

7Shifts saved my company!

I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pros

It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Cons

I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Reviewed on 28/6/2023

7 shifts a breath of fresh air

Awesome a great time management tool

Pros

Slows of writing an accurate schedule and the fact that it integrates with toast POS

Cons

No negatives at this time, if I could see front of the house labor broken out from the back of the house labor so I can monitor the numbers individually would be most important

Sling

Ease and pricing

Functions
Tina

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden

It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros

I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons

My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

Response from 7shifts

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

Replied 20/11/2019
Holly

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Great Labour and Scheduling Tool

Best online live chat center I have ever used. Quick, clear, follow-up emails, 10 star for sure!
It is easy for new managers to learn. I brought this program from the last company I worked with to the Hotel, it has had a massive impact on our labour, bringing labour in-line with budgets.

Pros

There are a few things that stand out for me; the ease of making schedules, having staff working at different locations schedules shared through each location, labour management tool, staff contact information easily accessible through the app on my phone. The last one is a big one for me. This means I do not need to add new employees into my phone.

Cons

There is one new update that I struggle with; as an administrator I now need to pick, and click FOH vs. BOH employees. I very much preferred the drop-down option before.

Response from 7shifts

Wow, thanks so much for the amazing review, Holly! Hearing about how 7shifts has made an impact on your labor management at Hotel Arts Group really makes our day. Thanks for bringing 7shifts over from your last company, too! Happy scheduling.

Replied 8/1/2021