About Thinkific

Thinkific is a user-friendly online course creation platform that gives businesses total control over their online course vision. Key features include the first and only app store for course creation, intuitive drag and drop...

Browse Thinkific Reviews

Gavin R. Gavin R.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 4/10/2021

Sturdy training platform

Happy, students seemed to get on wit it fine.

Pros

The way it structures lessons, with sublessons.

Cons

Fiddling to put video content in. Can be fiddly to restructure a course if adding a lesson.

Groove

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Better more robust platform, though Groove has now taken over and I'm moving to them
Claudia A. Claudia A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

Easy to use but not as complete as other plattforms

Pros

Thinkific is very easy to use, I upload two courses in a few hours and learn how to use it very fast.

Cons

I didn't like the courses landing pages, it would be great to have more flexibility on them.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Thinkific has more price options.

Kartra
Karen C. Karen C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Thinkific Learning Management System

Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

Pros

I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

Cons

I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

TalentLMS and Podia

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Capabilities, particular strengths in online learning management, ease of use, price, customer support

Top Thinkific Alternatives

Ana M. Ana M.

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Empowering me to impact more entrepreneurs!

Pros

Building the sales page was ridiculously simple. The templates kept the process streamlined and allowed for simple edits as needed.

Love the opportunity to build my course with so many options for various types of learners and delivering content in different ways to keep students engaged.

Cons

In the course management page, I would love the ability to map out the various elements within each section, even if I don’t have the content ready to upload yet (ie, I want a video to go here and a worksheet to go there, but they aren’t complete yet)

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

User reviews and Black Friday deal! I had to try it out and have been very pleased so far.
Cheryl M. Cheryl M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Great Option

I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros

I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons

At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored.

I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

Sunraj A. Sunraj A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

An all round course conducting platform

My experience has been fantastic to be honest and I intend to continue using it further.

Pros

It negates the need to spends thousands of dollars for a LMS website. You really don't need to be a software literate to build this and start using it on the go.

Cons

The users should be trained on how they can land their websites on Search Engines. Even a small fee will be justified, but training will help take this further. Also, more Payment Gateway options should be made available directly and not through Zapier.

Linda H. Linda H.

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform

We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros

Versatile, well organized, easy to learn.
Free until you get going.

Cons

- Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box).
- Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

Linda H. Linda H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 27/3/2020

Best money for value for startups

Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

Pros

There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

Cons

I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

Brian møller J. Brian møller J.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 7/4/2019

Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific

I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

Pros

I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all:

The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;)

I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

Cons

There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

Greg D. Greg D.

Reviewed on 16/2/2017

Blown Away!

The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros

Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons

None I can think of yet!

Response from Thinkific

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience.

"...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto!

Thanks again!

Replied 16/2/2017
Kingsley W. Kingsley W.

Reviewed on 24/3/2021

Great service

My overall experience with Thinkific has been fantastic and it is currently the cornerstone of our e-learning delivery.

Pros

Thinkific is so easy to set-up and has a wealth of customisation options. I like being able to rely on the platform to provide a good experience for users, even at scale.

Cons

It is sometimes incompatible for users of older browsers.

Kate M. Kate M.

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease

I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros

I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons

I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

Natalie B. Natalie B.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

The perfect platform

Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons

There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

Maria G. Maria G.

Amazing Course Platform.

Pros

In the free trial, you have a bunch of options, and you can create a perfectly working course even for free.

Cons

It was hard for the first time to personalize colours, it would have been easier to allow it to do on product page also, not only from dashboard.

Lisa L. Lisa L.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!

I haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.

Pros

I think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.

Cons

I wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.

Jessica A. Jessica A.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Not the best layout for the user

I think it is a good platform. I am in the process of building my own course and thinking of using Thinkific because of their overall design customization.

Pros

I am taking a course through the Thinkific platform. The layout of the course was easy enough to follow. I appreciate that I am able see my percentage of progress through the course.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't have an easy-to-use built-in discussion area. We have to create another login with Disqus to leave comments or open a discussion. Instead of staying within the platform, this drives most of the discussions to the Facebook group instead.

Sylvester D. Sylvester D.

Reviewed on 31/8/2018

Perfect for students

My knowledge is getting better and better with unimaginable speed

Pros

The pricing technology they used to determine my location and price accordingly. This did not affect any resource availability and provided with the best knowledge

Cons

There is no cons as such. I love the website and its user friendliness. SEO needs to be done better on the site to get more users for this.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Think no more! Great course platform!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the versatility of​ multi-media courses.

Cons

I got a little confused with certain branding things but they give great help.

Pavel A. Pavel A.

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Easy to use, even by non-technicals !

Pros

I have several courses in Thinkific and Also I'm teaching my audience how to make their own Thinkific Courses! Works Great so far, for me and for them. It does have everything that you need - Making your Course Paid, Free, Unlocking just some of the lessons, or even just make different types of lessons.

Cons

You are not able to translate every part of the course/website, however, is not that big deal.

Shannon C. Shannon C.

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Quality course building software

Setting up a course and getting started quickly is a plus with Thinkific.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to use. Setting up a course is straightforward and there are plenty of tutorials if you get stuck.

Cons

I had a tough time with the site builder. I found it cumbersome and limiting compared to other builders with few customizations. The site themes are nice but limited as well.

Constance T. Constance T.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

Wow customer service

The product did not work for my needs, after I had already purchased it. I discontinued my subscription in less than 24 hours. Most companies would not refund the payment as it was my fault, however these guys did immediately upon request. I as beyond impressed. Thank you.

Pros

customer service was outstanding and helpful

Cons

the tutorial videos don't match up to the current website

Brady P. Brady P.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Simply spend your money here when it comes to a course platform

Pros

- built in marketing capability
- dead simple to use course templates
- epic customer service
- affiliate tracking

Cons

The marketing platform can be a bit more robust but they are constantly improving the platform and so I know that it will continue to improve.

Gordon F. Gordon F.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Great for entry - level course creation. Simple, easy, well-supported tool

It works, gets the job done, and you're up and running quickly.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, and it's a hosted solution, so you're not managing your web server, CMS, LMS, etc., Leaves you time and energy to focus on course content

Cons

Simple, and limited to a few themes for look-and-feel. Payment processing charges are barely competitive.

Antonio D. Antonio D.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

the best e-learning platform

Pros

The easiest way to put your online courses and information products out there

Cons

need more web templates to start customizing your site

Yadah H. Yadah H.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

Beautiful Course Platform for Online Education

A stunning product which I would have been happy to use (even with all the workarounds for certificates, email and quizzes). The support is quick with responses and the tutorials provided really are next-level amazing. A consistent and impressive LMS.

Pros

This is an absolutely beautiful platform. Thinkific has been in the elearning industry for years and it shows - the portal is easy to navigate and set up courses. The tutorials section is robust and detailed, giving step-by-step information on how to set up various course features and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. There is the ability to issue certificates of completion, add an assignment section for students to upload their work, basic quiz functionality, drip-scheduling as well as compulsory lessons which need to be completed before the student can move on. The lessons can consist of videos, text, PDF's (which can be downloadable or not), or quizzes. You can embed videos and links from other sites too. The course analytics allow you to see how much of a course/lesson was completed before a student drops off, giving valuable insight which enables the course creator to edit and adapt the courses to make them more engaging for the students. There is also a 'community' feature which gives students the chance to chat and give/feedback away from an external site (like a Facebook group). Thinkific does not take any of the course fees and allows the course creator to keep 100% of the profits earned. There is also a free version which has a lot of features included.

Cons

The certificates are quite basic and it's necessary to be design-savvy and tech-savvy to create a certificate which would be accepted in the upload process. The quizzes are very basic and do not support time-limits, limited retries or anything more robust than true/false or multiple choice. Should you want to integrate with a more robust quiz software, their native integrative party is quite pricey! There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students. As email is becoming more popular among other learning management systems this is quite a big negative point against them. The option to whitelabel the site completely is only available on the 'Growth' plan which over and above the 'Pro' plan which is already $99.

Ruzuku, LearnWorlds and Podia

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Option to do upsells and order bumps with Thinkific. Option for assignment uploads for students. All-round more robust LMS.

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Value for money and number of features offered. It's an established product with years of market research and expertise.