MIE Trak Pro Reviews

About MIE Trak Pro

One word sums up MIE Trak Pro: flexibility. You may be using tired old spreadsheets or an ERP system that can't scale with your manufacturing company. When your organization grows, MIE Trak Pro adapts to your needs, striking a...

4.7

Browse MIE Trak Pro Reviews

Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 20/3/2023

I Love MIE-Track

MIE is an experience by itself. It can be a simplistic or powerful to integrate. It allows you to choose which modules and capabilities that are important to your organization. We currently have not integrated the accounting module because our CPA has a proprietary application. The more time I spend with MIE and the great people on the support line, I find that you are never finished with the implementation. I now know all the talented people at MIE including [sensitive content hidden] and others. They always assign my tickets to the most informative person for the subject, and the response time is very fast.

Pros

The features in MIE that I love the best are the work orders with bar codes. This allows the plant workers to easily log in /out of the various sequences. Prior to MIE we had painful hand written time sheets. Other great features is the shipping/invoicing that can generate 100s of shipping labels in minutes. The inventory module is simple and updates inventory in real time. I really love the daily back-ups so I feel our data is always secure and protected.

Cons

I struggled with the quoting module at first to allow the material cost to be nested across parts for real costing, however MIE is not a post processor and we use SigmaNest for nesting.

Response from MIE Solutions

Susan, our partnership with you and your entire team over the past four years has been a pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We hope to continue to earn your trust and respect as your partner for many years to come.

We will be sharing your amazing feedback with our entire company this week. –Scott Pierson, COO

Replied 29/3/2023
Tom

Reviewed on 18/7/2023

Correct Purchase

Overall very happy with MIETrak and how the implementation went. We compared it with global shop solutions, Proshop and E2. it was the more expensive of those options but i am confident we made the right choice.

Pros

Very expansive platform that has more features than we currently need but the fact that we get everything out of the box was a big plus for us. It also fit in well with how we were currently running our business so the learning curve was not large. but it has helped us speed up in the bottlenecked areas we struggled. We are a small jobbing shop with only 5 staff and while MIETrak seems like a product the big companies with set standard procedures and lots of admin support should use, it has fit in with our small agile team well.

Cons

The standard reports and reporting features are limited out of the box and without knowledge of SQL we rely on MIETRak to write them for us. This is not a problem but Purchase order receiving is only available in the pro user license and we plan to have all staff receiving in goods. I made an assumption it would be in the kiosk license. The work order nest feature doesn't quite work how we would like it but have found a work around that suits us. it is slow to issue materials to multiple jobs this way and a feature like log out multi work order but for BOM would be great.

Response from MIE Solutions

Tom,
Thank you very much for the great review. We are glad to hear that you still feel confident in your choice to work with our team! We also appreciate your feedback regarding features and functionality within MIE Trak Pro. We would be happy to dive deeper into that BOM feature with you. Our team will call you to discuss your exact needs for an accurate assessment and representation with our development team. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write this comprehensive review!

Best,

Replied 28/7/2023
Carlos

Better than what we had

Pros

Unbales our team to have a good overview of our production and able to integrate with third party software's.

Cons

difficult to customize reports and some are not customizable.

Top MIE Trak Pro Alternatives

Reviewed on 11/8/2023

Great ERP Solution for small or large operations.

We've been a Mie Trak user since 1996. Their product has helped grow our business and is the cornerstone of our office and ERP. They've made strides to continue servicing the client's needs and can handle almost any business I believe. The software is very well done.

Pros

I like Mie Trak's continuity throughout the software. Everything ties together nicely and is very easy to interact with from window to window. The supplemental features like EDI, mobile warehouse, Quickbooks, Auto-Emailing features, and automated backups help make this worth the investment.

Cons

My biggest challenge is keeping with the updates. Sometimes there are features implemented in the update that we do not like or use. This software is built for a lot of companies so inevitably there will be things that do not suite our operation. Then on the flip side, there may be a feature we really like or need, while minor, does not get implemented. It could get implemented, but it could take 5-6 months or longer depending on the scope.

Garrett

Reviewed on 10/8/2023

Best Decision We Made in Software!

The overall experience with MIE Trak Pro is excellent. The software is very powerful and fast. The implementation went smooth with their people helping us the entire way. We use all of the system from quoting to accounting. The customer service and support has been outstanding.

Pros

We like the flexibility MIE Trak offers in reports and quick views.

Cons

There are some bugs from time to time, but they offer updates several times per year.

Kyle
  • Industry: Maritime

MIE Trak Review

Pros

MIE Trak has continually met and exceeded our expectations. Their team really takes the time to learn your business. If they don't have a standard feature that will accomplish the tasks they have been quick to develop a solution. The flexibility and customization of the system was a major improvement from our last system. MIE Trak's customer service is top notch!

Cons

We are excited to see the future development of a CRM add on for MIE Trak.

Hoa

MIE Trak PRO - HFI

MieTRAK PRO is the complete software for the sheet metal industry. Upgrading from MieTrak 32 was the best thing that I encountered since I was a little hesitant to with new software.

Pros

It's very user friendly. It allows you to customize to fit your need. Critical information is a couple keystroke away.Can be exported to Excel for further analysis.

Cons

Annual service contractQuite expensive for adding additional user.

Response from MIE Solutions

Hoa,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. We appreciate your feedback immensely and are glad to hear that your transition from 32 to Pro went smoothly and you are happy with it. As for the pricing of support and additional users, we are always considering ways to offer competitive and affordable pricing for our services. If you feel that you are not receiving the full benefit of our services, please contact me and I'd be happy to discuss opportunities for training and additional support. Thank you again for your review!

Best,

Replied 25/10/2023
Angela

Reviewed on 10/8/2023

The software has work well and provides all our need.

A Reliable Software. Have not encounter any problems.

Pros

It Provides us with many great reports. If you knew what you wanted to keep an eye on your business, like employee Efficiency, Costing Report, Production Schedules, Machine maintenance, Request for Quote Report (to measure the success on each quote) Sales /Revenue Report then you could design all these reports for it -under “Quick View” Great BOM features- Enable you to drill down to difference level of BOM -anyone who is a Cost Accountant would love this feature.

Cons

As we are in Australia, we are not able to reach the support teams on the same day due to time difference, but we always received quick responded answer in the following morning.The system can be overwhelming for a new employee/starter as it has many features with difference functions and levels.

• Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 14/8/2023

Great ERP product - handles every need.

We are able to go through every step of the project with MIE Trak Pro - from Estimating to Invoicing and the data communicates seamlessly from Estimating to purchasing, from purchasing to receiving, from shipping to invoicing, and etc. Our guys even clock in and out on MIE Trak Pro so I can download straight to payroll. Job costing and all kinds of other reporting is super easy.

Pros

Every feature is inter-linked seamlessly, there is no separate modules that you need to perform some sync feature on to communicate with another feature, it's just all there wherever you are.

Cons

It would be nice if we could just highlight specific lines or cells (like in a spreadsheet program) and copy them without needing to copy the entire report that Mietrak generates. However, it is super simple to copy the entire report and paste in Excel, where I can then do what I want with it.

Reviewed on 24/8/2023

Best business tool that I use every day; planning, production, creates processes to increase...

I am lucky to have experience with SAP, Oracle, Access and Excel. MIE Trak Pro has aspects of all the strongest programs, delivers great performance and makes it easy to understand for people that haven't gotten an MBA in database management...

Pros

I started in the company with customer service and shipping, then moved to manufacturing and plant floor. Every aspect of the company is improved because of the capabilities of MIE Trak Pro. We pair it with the kiosk program on the shop floor and works smoothly for our business purposes.

Cons

Like a super computer, its only limited by your ability to realize it's potential... I wish the collaboration between database segments were easier to find, when using report writer.

Misty

Reviewed on 16/3/2023

Excellent Shop Software

My overall experience has been excellent. Anytime I have an issue, I submit a ticket, and one of the reps will contact me same day to help me fix it or find a better way. Every single person I have dealt with has been AMAZING! They are so helpful and knowledgeable and they will stick with the ticket until it is resolved or another avenue has been found that works better. Hands down, their customer service is the best!

Pros

MIE Trak Pro is user friendly, easy to navigate, has multiple functions that fit our industry, but most importantly, we are able to track each job/work order from start to finish. Customer service is the very best I have ever used.

Cons

The only issues I have had with MIE Trak Pro are the few times I needed something that was not part of the design...usually related to the employee timeclock recordkeeping. Thankfully, we have found ways around it with the excellent customer service team at MIE Trak.

Response from MIE Solutions

Misty, thank you for your kind comments. We really appreciate the partnership with your company since November 30, 2005. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire team during our meeting this Friday.

We appreciate your comments on the future direction of MIE Trak Pro and we will be sure to share it with our development team. If there is anything else I can do to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. –Scott Pierson, COO

Replied 29/3/2023
marc

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

Metal Integrity Review

We would definitely recommend MIE Trak to anyone in the metal fabrication industry.

Pros

For businesses in the metal fabrication industry MIE Trak is an excellent business system. All modules are relatively easy to use.

Cons

The report writing is not very user friendly.

Response from MIE Solutions

Marc,

We appreciate your review of MIE Trak Pro and are glad to hear that you find it to be an excellent business system for the metal fabrication industry. Thank you, also, for your feedback on our report writer. If you could reach out to me directly, I'd love to know what you think may help improve your user experience with that feature, so I can share that information with our development team. Also, please contact our support team if you need assistance with creating a custom report. They would be happy to help!

[email protected]

Replied 17/5/2023
Mary

Reviewed on 10/7/2017

Great value with many options and features

Great value, I spent a lot of time researching the various options out there, and this still is the best value product I've found.

Pros

Great integration between various modules; transitioning from quote to sales order to work order to invoicing is very smooth. Customer support is great, usually same day - at least within 24 hours. If a change in the system can help you use the system more efficiently, they will consider it for the next update and try to make it happen. You can pick and choose which modules you use and it integrates well with Quickbooks.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to train team members, especially those who aren't as experienced with computers and databases. Some features don't work as well if you have higher volume production runs, and if your materials are slit coil material or wire, but this can be worked around.

Lawrence

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

Powerful software for a business that wants to control a lot of information. The possibilities...

I have 25+ users so the annual maintenance and support fee is expensive. However, the support is outstanding. Any one of my users can request support directly with Mie Solutions and a tech will remote in to the user's desktop and walk them through the problem, which is usually not a software issue, but user error. This remote in feature is built into the software. Excellent support!

Pros

Powerful and feature packed. Our business has grown over 50% (coincidentally) since implementing MIE Trak Pro and the software has handled the growth without a problem. More users, more transactions and more parts have not bogged down the system. The seamless integration from accounting to purchasing to manufacturing to shipping is excellent.

Cons

A powerful package takes a lot of time and energy to implement. This is not something a busy company can do overnight and the learning curve is a bit steep. I think this would be the case with any complete Accounting+MRP system.

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Tigmasters Review of MIE Trak

We have been using MIEtrak for over 20 years and we are still finding new ways to utilize the software in our business. The product has streamlined quoting and job tracking. We can give our customers quotes in minutes or an instant response when they need progress reports. It has also made us able to find old project info within minutes, even jobs from 15 years ago. We utilize the product in our Sales, Billing, Engineering, Shipping and Accounting offices. It ties in all aspects of our business and has helped us become the place we are today.

Pros

Very knowledgeable staff. They always can solve our problems and answer questions.

Cons

We are in Michigan and they are in California. This time difference has caused us to have some increased time waiting for support. Although, recently we have been noticing them getting back to us much sooner with help.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Mietrak Pro Review

Pros

This software is very reliable and capable of generating many reports to help us with daily tasks and decisions. Most importantly the support we receive from the team at MIE is excellent.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Mietrak, however, it's only as good as the info you put in, so everyone has to be on board.

Response from MIE Solutions

Valued Customer-

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for reminding anyone who is looking for a solution that having a supportive team is key to ERP success.

Our technical support representatives appreciate your feedback and will continue to provide excellent service to you and your team!

It is an honor to work with you and we look forward to continuing this wonderful partnership!

-The MIE Solutions Team

Replied 21/1/2019

Reviewed on 8/2/2017

Adding Structure to an Agile Solutions Based Advanced Manufacturing Company

MIE Trak has enabled us to take make a huge growth transition in our business. We are an agile, design-based manufacturing company, and always found it too difficult and time-consuming to put processes around what we did on a day to day basis. We persevered with a fragmented and inconsistent collection of spreadsheets for far too long. Now, working through MIE Trak right from the quoting stage, all information is captured from sales intent right through to manufacturing then delivery, giving our people a consistent framework to work within.

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use.

Cons

The distance between us and the vendor has sometimes made it difficult in terms of support and we have had to work things out ourselves. Local support for the product would be much better.

Keith

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Simplicity .

The ability to have everyone at our company working from one system.

Pros

The ability to gather so much information from this software is just remarkable. What took hours before now takes seconds. Without this software we would be just guessing when it comes to scheduling and all other functions to run our business. There is no more guessing and our customers get the true answers based on facts .

Cons

There is not much we like least about the software. Me personally I would like to be able really understand how to make my own quick views without always asking your team for help.

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Excellent Product

Mie trak support team has always been very helpful and good at what they do! as well as their sales team.

Pros

We use this daily for shop scheduling, Inventory management of over 8,000 items. And for shipping/ Invoicing of our products.

Cons

Overall pretty satisfied with this product.

Response from MIE Solutions

Daniel, thank you for your kind words regarding both MIE Trak Pro and our support and sales teams. We hope that you have continued receiving great support over the past 2 years, since writing this review. If there is anything that I, or our team, can help with, please contact me any time. –Scott Pierson, COO

Replied 10/4/2023
Steve

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

MIE ERP software

I have used MIE for many years and have recommended the software to other companies.

Pros

The total control over our business. It answers all the questions needed to be in control.

Cons

Not checking for any issues when updating the software.

Response from MIE Solutions

Steve-

Thank you so much for your feedback and for recommending MIE Trak Pro to others. We truly appreciate your loyalty and support!
We are continually striving to fix any issues discovered in the software before releasing updates.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing; we look forward to continuing our partnership with you!

-The MIE Solutions Team

Replied 21/1/2019
Joel
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/8/2023

MIE Trak user for 20 years

Pros

All features are important to the overall quality of the parts we fabricate and operation of the company. This software has help us maintain our ISO certification.

Cons

I have zero complaints with MIE Trak Pro

Graziano
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A great software

Overall, this is a great software, offering amazing value. The MieSolutions team was always available to help with issues and customizing. Compared to other products, it's a great value and would recommend. If I had to choose again, I would surely make this selection again. Recommend the software.

Pros

Low cost. Flexible implementation. Great poeple (Joshua :) and others). Highly functional. Customisable, great functionality.

Cons

Interface can be cluttered. Can use a face lift. Would like to see a fully developped product manual.

travis

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

The software has allowed us to grow our business and meet the demands of our customers.

Increased sales, true understanding of part cost, and most importantly, TRACK-ABILITY!

Pros

Mie Trak pro has worked with us to better understand what is going on in our shop and allowed us to accurately know where to improve.

Cons

There is so many features it makes us feel we need more work in order to use them all. There could be an ai assistant that will do your job but then again thats what they pay me for.

Christian
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Fantastic program

I recommend MIE Trak due to it's ease of use and fluidity. I've had a great experience with MIE, only issues I've had are issues that aren't the programs fault.

Pros

Ease of use, accessories available to make processes all digital, fluidity of the program.

Cons

None that I can think of. There's still a lot of MIE I have yet to explore.

Response from MIE Solutions

Christian, we appreciate your kind words and hope that you continue having a great experience using MIE Trak Pro! If you need anything, please contact me at any time. –Scott Pierson, COO

Replied 10/4/2023
Andrea

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Excellent Experience

We purchased this software about 3 years ago. It is very robust and the service is top notch.

Pros

Three things stand out: Flexibility, Product Evolution, and Service. Not every shop is not the same and MIE Solutions understands that. We have a large customer that has some very unique and complicated billing requirements. MIE Trak Pro is flexible enough to accommodate this non-standard application of its product. Secondly, they are always working to improve their product. They produce quarterly updates that almost always have some new features that are a benefit to our company. And last, but certainly not least is their service. When I place a ticket with customer support they are always handled quickly and thoroughly.

Cons

They could use some improvement on the documentation available on their customer portal. Some of it is outdated and some just don’t go into enough detail to be helpful to experienced users. Fortunately, with their excellent customer service, I am able to open a service ticket and get the information I need.