Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

About Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Campaign Monitor by Marigold is a cloud-based email marketing solution that helps businesses manage new subscriptions, send email newsletters and generate reports. It caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry...

Browse Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/8/2021

Very easy to use as a email service

Pros

Campaign Monitor is one of the very effective email marketing software that can be used even for a newcomer that has never use this kind of this software before. It can be configure to sent multiple type of email marketing to find the winning email for that set of audience list.

Cons

It lacks of tools to customized the email body, and not much design that we can create for our email marketing. We can only choose from the template design that provided by the software and not all the template design is fit with the email objective. I really hope they can add more design for the template.

Stephenie
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best Email Marketing tool available

I enjoy using Campaign Monitor and will continue to use it for years to come. They are constantly adding new features and updating how things function as new technologies arise.

Pros

I have been using Campaign Monitor for almost 10 years now and I love the consistent updates available and that the software is always on the edge of what is trending in email marketing. I also love that it is super user-friendly and anyone can learn how to use it with very little training. My favorite feature is the fact that it takes the guesswork out of wondering whether your email will preview on a phone or tablet. The built-in mobile device/tablet view is fantastic and I use that every time I send an email out to make sure it looks good on desktop and mobile. I also like the reporting feature that lets you see who opened your email and who didn't and other useful stats.

Cons

As a designer, I wish I could customize the emails a little more and that CM provided more formatting options when creating the email, but I understand it has to meet the need of the masses more than my niche market.

Reviewed on 2/3/2018

Solid ESP that's like the Toyota of email solid, dependable, but not feature-rich.

It makes it easy for us to send emails to our list of 200,000+ subscribers. While the features are basic, and we want to see more advanced controls and segmentation features added, it's a stable system.

Pros

Extremely solid and reliable ESP. Doesn't go down often, and there are minimal issues with deliverability. The features are basic, but solid and there aren't many bugs.

Cons

There's a strong lack of features. For example, there are no simple ways to send emails to an unopened segment. There's also no way to easily clean/prune inactive email subscribers. And third, there are limitations on automation triggers.

Top Campaign Monitor by Marigold Alternatives

Marketo Engage

Emma by Marigold

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Svend Bertil

Reviewed on 25/1/2023

Great Email Automation Tool: Campaign Monitor

Overall, my experience with Campaign Monitor has been very positive. It is an intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows me to easily create and send emails. The analytics and customer support are also helpful.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is an excellent email automation tool that is user-friendly and easy to use. It has an intuitive interface, great customer support, and comprehensive analytics. I appreciate that I can easily customize my emails and track their performance.

Cons

The only downside of Campaign Monitor is the cost. It is quite expensive compared to other solutions. Additionally, some features are limited, such as the ability to personalize emails based on customer segments.

Tobi

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

Campaign Monitor for Email Marketing

Using the system daily, using the analytics and insights reports to make needed changes for better results in the next campaign. The software is great and really an essential tool for any business looking for email marketing

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive and has everything and more. You learn so much by using the software.

Cons

Compliance and setup can take some time, so planning ahead is vital to avoid delays in campaign sends if you a new to the software or have a large database to send to.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Mailchimp and Everlytic

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Easy to onboard, with the correct structures in place to ensure my emails land in the inbox and not junk. Great tools that come as standard and not additional such as automation and Transactional.
Zenia

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Fine - but there are better options

Pros

To be fair, it's been a little while since I used it, but I don't remember it having any stand out features. It wasn't bad, but it didn't knock my socks off either. I liked the templates quite a bit. Very clean and modern.

Cons

It's a little bland. It does it's job just fine, but I prefer options like MailChimp or Klaviyo.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Great for agencies

Pros

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Cons

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

The agency aspect was enticing as well as the self-management process meaning we weren't paying overheads for account managers.
Jon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Campaign Monitor

This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Thomas

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Creating and testing a email campaign is so efficient !

I use Campaign monitor to import my emails then test them. Once the rendering is good for me, i can send it to my mailing lists.

Pros

Importing an email is really easy and having the preview is good too ! The assistant is a good tool, helping to improve the code / rendering of the email.

Cons

Mobile preview of the email doesn't see to work on my browser (Brave), looks like it's not reading my media queries.

Sender and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

I like how fast i can create and test a campaign compared to alternative.
Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 26/3/2023

Campaign Monitor Review

My overall experience with Campaign Monitor has been positive. It is a great platform for creating and managing email campaigns. It is easy to use and user-friendly. It also has a lot of features that make it easy to customize and tailor your campaigns. The customer service is also great, with a helpful and knowledgeable team available to answer any questions I have had. and easy to use. The visual editor is simple and powerful, allowing users to quickly create and customize emails. The automation features make it easy to set up complex campaigns and the analytics tools provide useful insights into the performance of campaigns. The customer service team is also very helpful and responsive.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of Campaign Monitor. It is easy to use and understand. The drag-and-drop editor makes it really easy to create beautiful, responsive emails. I also appreciate the ability to segment and personalize emails to target different user groups. The reporting interface is also very helpful for tracking email performance. The customer service has been excellent. Whenever I have had any questions, the team has been quick to respond and very helpful.

Cons

Their templates were limited and customization of those templates was limited too. The design elements were not user-friendly and navigating the user interface was a hassle. Additionally, their support options were lacking and customer service was not always very helpful or knowledgeable. Furthermore, Campaign Monitor lacked in reporting and analytics capacities, making it difficult to measure the performance of campaigns and to make informed decisions based on the data.

Annie Guo
Annie Guo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Cons

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp
Christina
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 20/3/2022

"Campaign Monitor is perfect for our company"

We've been able to increase our email marketing and communication channels thanks to the support of Campaign Monitor. With inbound leads, we were able to conduct many campaigns at the same time without having to worry about keeping track of everything in spreadsheets.

Pros

Campaign Monitor provides a wide range of advice on email design. That it takes so little time to get here and send out a message is wonderful. It's always there for you. This is a great tool for writing and distributing email newsletters, and it's simple to use. It works perfectly with Salesforce and provides you with the finest possible outcomes. So when it comes to making a choice, I always go with Pardot over it. Email automation campaigns may be set up in a matter of minutes.

Cons

This program has nothing to complain about. In my opinion, alternative Pre-design templates that can be readily altered and that pique the curiosity of people should be made available. It's a fantastic tool. If there are any mistakes that can be quickly remedied, we will do so.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 24/2/2023

Campaign Monitor

They have a wide range of features and the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. The reporting features are also very useful and the customer service team is always available to offer assistance. I have also found their prices to be competitive and their customer service to be excellent.

Pros

I'm really impressed with the features and functionality of Campaign Monitor. It's incredibly easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to create great-looking emails and its ability to personalize each one with customer data allows me to send targeted messages.

Cons

One of my least favorite aspects of Campaign Monitor is that it does not offer an integrated analytics platform. This means that users have to use third-party tools such as Google Analytics to track the performance of campaigns.

Annie

Reviewed on 16/9/2021

Easy to use both with the email builder software and also uploading custom coded

So perfect for managing multiple clients, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands all in one place. Easy to upload email campaigns and set to different audience lists as well as different credit cards for payment purposes.

Pros

I love that this software lets you either upload your own custom coded emails OR you can use their email builder. We manage a lot of different clients and for some, we have our own, custom programmed email campaigns, and for others, we use the builder. The builder is a lot more customizable than one might think. sometimes you have to get creative with how to make it look a certain way, but it can be clean, minimal, and on-brand in minutes. I also love that when you upload your own coded emails, it checks to make sure all of the files add up and will tell you if there is an error.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the custom builder software was even MORE customizable, but I understand that in order for it to be that easy to use, you can't make it too much more complicated with customizing.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel

Reviewed on 22/3/2023

Good product

Pros

Campaign monitor is an incredibly useful platform for sending out bulk emails quickly and conveniently. It features a spell checker, the ability to create custom templates, the option to send test emails, and powerful analytics.

Cons

I have no complaints about the program - it's excellent! However, we had to settle for a different software option due to cost.

Jim

Reviewed on 21/11/2015

Campaign Monitor

If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Pros

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user.

They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading.

Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Cons

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting.

They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms.

There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Sheryl
Sheryl

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

An excellent email marketing platform that is very easy to manage

It's as good as any other top tier EMS out there with amazing templates and intuitive automation workflows

Pros

Campaign Monitor lets me create, send, manage and track eblasts with great ease. It has a high number of quality templates and automation is very easy.

Cons

The customer service is average and there's no integration with Outlook or Canva

Clare
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Email campaigns made simple

Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

Pros

Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

Cons

The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Great product for small biz, but limited capabilities

I can quickly build one template and create different versions of it. Or, I can make duplicates of an existing email, and make any edits I want. It's very easy to use for basic email creation and deployment.

Pros

There are a dozens of templates to choose from, or you can build your own campaign. Easy to get started, easy to set up deployments.

Cons

I've never been able to upload prebuilt html into the platform. Supposedly you can, but we had a designer, and two managers all sitting around the computer for nearly an hour trying to figure it out to no avail.

And a more robust search feature would be great - like the ability to search by subject line or key word.

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

Currently the best email service provider in the balance of powerful features and easy of use.

Pros

I love the email builder. That's what did it for me. But I also like Worldview, it's amazing. I also really like the reports, they are so easy to navigate and give deeper insights than I saw with other ESPs.

Cons

It's a little pricey compared to the alternatives, but I think it's worth it. One time I had a very bad issue which they apologized for and gave me a credit for, but it was really bad. Things happen, still a great company.

Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Email Campaigns made super easy

Campaign Monitor was great up until the switch. Creating powerful email campaigns for clients has never been easier, not just for admin but also for the clients themsleves.

Pros

Recenetly Campaign Monitor has improved in terms of how easy their software is to use. In the past templates were a hassle to construct. Now there are quick presets which make things quicker and easier.

Cons

No real cons, but I have recently moved to Mailchimp. I have found Mailchimp to be a much nicer tool to use

Mailchimp
Heidi
Heidi

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Has everything you need, but not for beginners

Pros

Campaign Monitor has every feature you need. If you want automated campaigns, a/b testing, api specific campaigns, it's got it all. It's got so much flexibility to fit whatever your use case is.

Cons

It can be challenging to use. It's not as simple as other drag and drop platforms. To design a really great campaign, you really HAVE to know a little HTML.

Kris

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

An expansive email marketing tool.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a full-featured, high-quality email marketing tool. My business has found success using this tool for both internal and external audiences. I find the greatest value in the analytics features of the tool. This helps my marketing team use data to plan directed communications to employees and customers.

Cons

The customer service is non-transparent. Campaign Monitor makes many attempts to defer your help requests through pages of FAQs and making it difficult to find their email contact form. It looks like they have a call-in line for premium pay customers, however I did not have any issues I needed to contact them for while I had the premium account.

Brayan Agostinho
Brayan Agostinho
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

very good email marketing application easy and convenient to use with many essential tools

Pros

If you want to highlight a good email so that your clients do not miss it, Campaign Monitor is ideal.
Campaign Monitor provides us with a large number of essential tools for an email marketing job.
It provides us with a large number of templates and a good form of easy and comfortable editing to create and develop beautiful web designs.
allows us to manage and take control to send emails. perfect for advertising campaigns with a marketing contact organization.
It also includes a tool that keeps us informed in real time and details about who opened the emails and who shared it.
a copañia very attentive to its users. offers us 24/7 attention

Cons

Campaign Monitor only offers us a free demo. I think you should give a free trial of your service for a limited time to get more customers and see everything that this application offers.
I think this application should be developed in more languages to keep growing

Artur

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

Campaign Monitor is the original mailing list innovator

Want reliable and easy to use (but very powerful) email delivery service - then CampaignMonitor is a safe choice.

Pros

When a company pays attention to design and usability its a clear sign that they care about how well their software works. CampaignMonitor is that kinds of company. I've been using their services for nearly a decade and they never seize to amaze with the quality of their features.
CampaignMonitor is very easy to use, both for creation of campaigns and for checking stats.

Cons

The price tag to check how the email design will look in different email clients. It would be nice to have this as a built in feature.