About Verizon Connect

Verizon Connect Reveal is a cloud-based electronic logging device (ELD) and fleet management platform that provides GPS fleet tracking to help businesses gain a 360 overview of all fleet management operations. High-resolution...

Browse Verizon Connect Reviews

Buz P. Buz P.

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Verizon Connect is a good product

In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pros

Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Cons

Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

Chuck S. Chuck S.

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

great product

helps manage times for deliveries and give customers accurate deliveries times

Pros

how it breaks down times speeding idle times

Cons

haven't found anything that i do not like about this

Larry A. Larry A.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

BEWARE of the Details Before you buy - Does not Interface with Quickbooks Well

Right now we are paying for the monthly as when you sign up they say " there is no stopping the payment". However, you can't see where it is going to really work, or not, until it starts getting implemented. We were "gun ho" when we started as it was "completely customizable". We test drove a system last year and ditched it because the invoice could be sent to the technicians email for data mining. They promised to make sure it didn't happen with this one and sure enough the day we started none of the pricing showed up for parts and the email feature was enabled. That means they wasted our time in the multiple data gathering sessions to set it up. WE HAVE ASKED FOR A CANCELLATION BUT WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE YEAR.

Pros

Great for the Field guys as they like the photos and dispatch features. The details get out to them faster and they can start from home to the first calls for the day. Turn by turn directions are great if all your site locations are set up.

Cons

The interface with Quickbooks is one way with parts. Changes in prices in Quickbooks have to be hand entered in both systems. We were told we would not want to use the Quickbooks after using there software. That is code words for "It doesn't work well" with Quickbooks. The time to generate an invoice is twice as long for the invoicer. The time from the techs has to be hand transferred to the invoice. There is no automatic calc from field to invoice because "they don't want to be responsible" for the techs pushing the wrong start/stop times. The time savings given in the sales pitch is diminished by the lost productivity in maintaining pricing and transferring times. Also the techs can alter the time they actually start and stop so forget using it to prove in any court when they actually arrived. For those of us managing technicians there is just as much chance for time abuse using this system. In the day of SQL database interfaces they are missing the boat in a fully integrated system. Every answer to our objections was to have us place a comment on a link button for the "developers" somewhere in the UK to "consider".

Top Verizon Connect Alternatives

Joseph C. Joseph C.

Verizon Connect Review

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Chuck E. Chuck E.

Reviewed on 16/2/2017

Good product, HORRID customer service.

I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether.
First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!

Pros

ease of use, easy to install

Cons

Customer service is HORRID!

Lawrence C. Lawrence C.

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

used this tracking system for my vehicles since 2007

See above

Pros

In the beginning it was very useful and saved me time and money , very eazy to use and train ours how to use the system

Cons

Since the new company brought out the original company, the system has gone down hill, make changes all the time , remove options that where useful to my operation and not nearly as dependable, can not rely on the systems accuracy like I use to, quite often given bad reports and have to reboot the system to check and make sure it is accurate. Also the customer service in not very good any more, when you call with a problem all they want to do is up sell, that is when you can get in touch with someone, They also make me feel like they are not interested in the smaller companies now -what to put there efferts into the big trucking companie.

Rosemary A. Rosemary A.

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Vehicle GPS tracking

Pros

I like the Verizon Connect Reveal software because it has saved our company money by showing the true hours the employees were at the job versus what they used to put on their time cards. It also saves us money with our auto insurance company. It has helped identify which employees are speeding or driving reckless to we can address the issue. We have been with Verizon Connect Reveal for almost 3 years and we are pleased with the customer service representatives because they are responsive and helpful.

Cons

The one thing that I least like about this software is that there is a delay in time. When I look at where the vehicle is located, it usually gives me the location where it was appoximately an hour ago. I would like it to be more on actual true time. It would help us when we are trying to locate a vehicle to know the exact location .

Meredith H. Meredith H.

Reviewed on 7/9/2019

GPS Services

The program is fine except above. However the Customer Service side from your agents SUCK!!! as long as you don't need anything after the initial set up you are good. Trying to order and add devices, nightmare trying to get service and install of additional devices nightmare.

Pros

The website works well for the most part and is pretty user friendly for most information needed.

Cons

searching not friendly, you must know the device exact name to find what you are looking for. if you forget to notate changes trying to locate in the website and time costly and annoying.

Nick F. Nick F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Verizon WORK Review

For the past month and a half I've been working with learning the Verizon WORK software as well as Verizon REVEAL. This software is definitely ideal for those starting a business and would like to keep track of their fieldworkers. Although i do feel that this software is not for every industry.

I'm in my mid 20's and can confidently say that I'm technologically inclined and learned this with a fast paced manner. This software can be easily learned by younger generations but I'm finding it very difficult teaching our older office administrators how to use this management system. This goes as well with the mobile app.

Pros

Has quick respond time on uploading and saving. There are multiple ways to do one specific task, so there's not just one way to navigate through the software. You can set specific restrictions on certain fieldworkers/ admin controlling their ability what to see on a specific job dispatched to them. The implementation team is very patient and will schedule as many training sessions as needed to learn the functionality of the software.

Cons

Customer support is not great. Takes long to respond back. Needs time to learn how to use for older people. The implementation data process can be tedious and is not accurate even when put in the requested form they ask. I suggest correcting any mistakes yourself through the program after all data has been imported

Dan C. Dan C.

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

Truthfully the worst customer service received in 20+ years of partnering with various...

If the notes above do not yet paint a good picture for you, and you are still considering signing a contract for this product, I suggest that you plan to throw away the monthly fee for 1 unit out of every 20 that you need. It won't ever work, nor will it be replaced by this team of leaderless lackwits, so make sure to order 21.

Pros

The ease of use and robust features of this relatively low cost option are really great. Easy, fast, intuitive, user friendly- it checks almost every box. But the utter void of customer service blows it.

Cons

The utter void of customer service. We certainly know better rationally, but it actually seems as if customer service is deliberately messing with us. It is difficult to imagine an explanation for the laughably circuitous experiences we have had in the many, many times we have simply tried to get a single non functioning unit replaced since February 2021. Not several single units, but literally the exact unit that failed to work right out of the box.

William B. William B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Fleetmatics Review

I hope we are putting safe drivers on the road as we now get speeding alerts.

Pros

It's compliant for the FMCSA ELD rule...

Cons

I have no issues with the software, it's pretty easy to use.

Jeannie R. Jeannie R.

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Beyond terrible

We purchased to be compliant with DOT.... however, they are causing us to be non-compliant due to sending wrong equipment multiple times and we still have two trucks not working at all or not working properly.

Pros

The program is good other than the timesheet reporting. The GPS portion and logs are good

Cons

This company has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I still have two trucks that are waiting for parts to be installed. One has been like this for nearly 6 months. There is no excuse for this. Whoever set up their customer service SOP has set them up for failure. I would like to know how many other companies are having these issues. I would also like to know how to get our issues resolved!

Will Z. Will Z.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/6/2019

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

I came on board in December with one of my main jobs being Admin for the Reveal Fleetmatics program. I was excited and made several attempts to contact a Rep with your company to get me up and running on how the system worked... Videos, Tutorials, etc... ANYTHING. I received ZERO response or assistance. It was so bad that our General Manager directed me to go elsewhere. I did and we found SAMSARA. We notified Fleetmatics that we were cancelling and STILL failed to get a call from ANYONE in sales or "Customer Success" other than to explain that we had missed the notification window by about 2 weeks and we were automatically renewed for another year.

The service was non-existent. ALL I WAS NEEDING was a basic work through on how the system worked and we would STILL be with you. Your people really dropped the ball and that (obviously) still bothers me as I think you have a serviceable product. Again, NO ONE called... NO ONE asked why we were leaving, NO ONE, EVER other than to explain how much we owed.

Pros

IFTA works well... easy to build a list of applicable vehicles and states needed to look at

Cons

your service, or lack thereof. Actually, that isn't fair... I can't possibly rate something I've never experienced.

Mitchell C. Mitchell C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

Frustrated

You guys have been milking us on pricing and tech for a while. Not that we are interested in other company you are willing to reduce to try and keep us. We even have to ask about features we do not have. If we could drop our service without penalty we probably would but your contract does nothing for the customer. If you had superior service and equipment at a great price, you would not have to worry about contracts.

Pros

Can't think of any right now but you require 40 characters on this section.

Cons

I cannot color code the icons on the map so that when we look at it we recognize specific groups. The names do not stay up on the icon on the map so you know what specific unit and or driver it is. We are always dealing with units that are not reporting.

Karen B. Karen B.

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

ok for tracking

I do not like that when your system has an update, that the previous version does not work correctly. The laws did not change, so I am not sure why the system does not work!

Pros

I like to be able to see where everyone is in the morning or if a customer is looking for that shipment.

Cons

The customer service only knows what they are taught in Verizon's classroom no real experience. The customer service personnel think they know the law and they do not.

Michael H. Michael H.

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Great Product!

Pros

this software is easy to use, easy to navigate. We have had 0 problems with out units and are looking to add more in the future.

Cons

This product has no Cons that i have found as of yet.

Jennifer K. Jennifer K.

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Veriszon Connect Reveal is great for tracking company vehicles!

My overall experience is very good! I really like this software, it is so easy to use and makes everyday tasks simple.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. We use it daily and it makes our jobs so much easier. There is no longer a need to constantly be asking employees where they are, or where they are panning to go throughout the day. We can just track them on the computers at work, or on our phones. It's great!

Cons

I wish it would update more often, I realize it updates quite often, but sometimes I need to know minute to minute locations of vehicles.

Angela D. Angela D.

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Tracking our Vehiles

We have been doing business with Verizon for quite awhile.. Very happy with it.

Pros

I like the fact that we can track each truck individually. It shows the street the truck is on which is a plus.
I use this when doing payroll. Can check and see what time the trucks leave In the morning and return
in the evening.

Cons

We noticed that if the men put their paper work on the dashboard, it doesn't track the truck. Unless this is just a coincidence. Really don't have anything at this time to share.

Alexander B. Alexander B.

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Accurate, reliable worker tracking for all business sizes!

Quick and accurate gps records!

Pros

We love how easy the interface is, how flawless the updates are, and how accurate the location feature is. With reveal we can accurately track how long one of our service guys is a t someones house, which helps us out with time allocation and billing.

Cons

They used to run off of AT&T satellites, but I believe now it'[s Verizon. Basically it means sometimes you can lose your gps view completely if the satellite you're on goes down or is out of range.

Laurie B. Laurie B.

Reviewed on 10/11/2010

love this product/service

i love this product, the fact that it is consistantly upgraded and tweaked. i really never have taken advantage of any training because it is so easy to use, even a dummy like me can utilize it, and my other managers get the reports they need.

Pros

user friendly, helps to identify where our drivers are. it's the first thing i open up on the computer every morning. also helps that it can be used from another location (home on the weekend). also many vital reports, from verifying time cards to service alerts. really helps rescue drivers when lost, especially with the new upgrades, where you can see satelite images of the area they are in. just yesterday we helped out agian with the use of this tool.

Cons

hate that is a 4 year committment, but don't know what i'd do without it. that's the thing about a product/service it sells itself and shouldn't need to have a 4 year commit. my committment is coming up soon, now i have to decide whether to remain with Verizon REVEAL or shop around. i'm defenitely sold on the concept, performance and ease of use.

the one thing i really dislike is the property tax that the third party vendor attaches to these units. i don't know if it happens in any other state, but in the state of michigan equipment that is in a vehicle is not subject to property taxes. i know this as we used to run with radios in the vehicles to dispatch our drivers. this was never part of a property tax bill, even though those units ran around 1K each.

Dawn S. Dawn S.

tracking software

the problems we solved was time management, our drivers putting extra hours on their time sheets, when you look online and can see when the truck is cranked up or moved.

Pros

We are able to track our trucks, see where they are sitting and most time catch them when they say they are somewhere they should not be.

Cons

When we first purchased this software it was confusing on how to track, customer service didn't really know how to explain what I needed to do. but we finally figured it out.

Regina S. Regina S.

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Best Features

Pros

We use this product daily. Reporting features are generally good. Tracking for fuel usage, safety, and travel/stops very good. Overall would recommend.

Cons

Wish the Dashboard was more user friendly. Updates have made navigation less user friendly compared to previous version. Also wish we received regular updates when our account rep changes. Has made ordering or replacing new units difficult.

Diane D. Diane D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Vehicle Tracking Review

My overall experience with Verizon Connect Reveal is very positive. If I have questions about any part of this product I simply call customer service and they are all very knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the Verizon Connect Reveal is that the software is very user friendly. You can see where all of the company vehicles are at all times and how many stops were made and the duration of each stop. It is also useful when documenting the hours that an employee spent on the job.

Cons

There really isn't any negative thing that I can say about the software. It does everything that I expect it to do.

Adrienne F. Adrienne F.

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Pleased with Verizon Connect

We used a detailed report for court purposes (in which they said we were speeding, and was not) and accident situations in which were not our fault.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to use for informational purposes and for reports.

Cons

The devices do tend to stop working from time to time. Verizon Connect should have the techs come out to service to make sure they are all working properly.

Anna D. Anna D.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

A decent and simple to use GPS tracker

Pros

We use the program to track our six trucks. It is simple to use and straight forward. The real time updates are helpful.

Cons

Occasionally the web pages don't update very quickly. I also found that it was not easy to tag locations that are used regularly. (ie employee homes and suppliers). It would be nice if you could set it up to flag whenever trucks were certain places, or when they were travelling at certain times.