About Really Simple Systems CRM

Really Simple Systems is an easy to use cloud CRM system designed for small and mid-sized organizations, yet also perfect for larger teams. There’s a customizable Sales CRM, plus options for Marketing and Service tools and...

4.2

Browse Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

Bruce

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Easy to use CRM

If nothing else the audibility of customer interactions, this allows us to see any \ all communications with the customer.

Pros

Only pay for the functionality you need. Some other CRM's include marketing, systems management, financials, etc. but if you don't need them don't buy them.
Its a very easy system for users to pick up, comprised of a core architecture:
Customers \ Companies = Accounts
Contacts = the customers name, email, telephone
Tasks = To Do list
Activities = records the history of what you've done with that customer
Opportunties = Won or lost sales records

Then there's the reporting, where anything you put into Really Simple Systems can be interrogated, not just the content of certain restricted fields.

Cons

We're looking to do some integration and other CRM platforms easily allow this through API services, such as IFTTT or Zapier, Really Simple Systems only provide an API. You can of course code this into whatever you want, but will require time.

Helen
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 28/3/2022

Good software for smaller companies

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Support is excellent

Cons

as the company grows it is becoming an expensive CRM, so may not be cost effective for much longer

Mabs

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

RSS easy to navigate

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate through. I love the fact that it can be tailored to meet your specific needs as this was very important to me and one of the factors that played an important role in me choosing RSS. Functionality is great and there are a lot of extra options that are available that I can switch on and off as and when I require them.

Cons

The customer service/support is slow at times and this becomes very frustrating. I have scheduled in calls in the past and the client service level has been poor where on occasions I have had to chase support for help. In terms of the software it is great that you add extra features but there are some extras which I feel should be included within the standard packages.

Top Really Simple Systems CRM Alternatives

Monica

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Really Simple Systems CRM review 2022

RSS CRM has really helped me to keep track of my day to day activities and to keep all of our contacts and projects in one place. I am able to get to each project quickly and to review notes to see what is going on with each client.

Pros

What I like most about this software is being able to easily have all the information for each client in one place and being able to quickly figure out what is going on with each client. I also like that I can set up task for each employee to make sure that things are being handled and I can check to see if the task was completed.

Cons

Integrating with our business was kind of difficult because our business is different and we do things different than others but RSS was very helpful in helping us set up for our needs.

Andreas
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

One of the best CRM tools out there!

I really like it's simplicity.

Pros

Really Simple Systems was recommended to me by one of my clients and having used Hubspot and Soffront before I found it really easy and straightforward to use. The layout is intuitive and it doesn't need much explanation to get to grips with the features of the software.

Cons

Would be great to have an extra page for the accounts that have bought, so they can leave the pipeline and it just leaves the prospects on the accounts page.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 28/3/2022

A good product

Like I say we are a growing SME business so we find really simple systems is ideal to develop a system to manage our customer relations and to develop new customers.
Over all it has been a rewarding experience to use then product.

Pros

It is very easy to get to grips with compared to the likes of Hubspot. We are a new company so are just starting to grow and organize our client list.
We find the email advertising features for the emails really good and we have produced some good quality results using the system.

Cons

we have not used it long enough to be really critical and any issues we have had support has sorted really quickly

Stephanie

Reviewed on 11/4/2022

Lives up to its name

Fantastic account and support team and great product.

Pros

Love the simple, intuitiveness of the user interface and benefit greatly from all the custom configuration options available.

Cons

Would like a bit more flexibility with selections of data sources available to create custom reports.

Freshdesk and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Really Simple Systems CRM

Intuitive user interface, flexible and easy self-serve customizations, HIPAA compliance, and good price
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Easy to use but could be made more streamlined

RSS makes it easier to have data in one place on a simple CRM. If you have any degree of IT knowledge you will easily pick up working on it and can use webinars to increase knowledge.

Pros

Easy to set up and upload data to. Email campaigns are quick to set up and very easy to add content to. Adding your own customer fields is simple to do. Support is good and helpful.

Cons

Everything is too long winded. To add something to an existing contact you need to find the contact, click the contact, click edit, make your change, save. And the system isn't fast so all of that loading time to add in. It would be easier to be able to edit once you are in a contact then just save changes not start editing separately! Lists and reports being the same would also be better. You view a report for data then have to make the list separately to send email campaigns. Can't copy email campaigns easily.Everything just seems a bit complicated and not so simple!

HubSpot CRM

Price

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Easy user-friendly system

Easy user friendly system with great support when needed!

Pros

Easy to learn the system and adaptive to our specific needs

Cons

For the package we on, the software is perfect!

Zoho CRM
Helen
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

Reliable CRM system

In the early days customer support in setting up was fantastic. Because it was so personal and speedy and effective I've not had to check in with customer support for years. That was a great customer investment from RSS and has insured I've remained a loyal and low-maintenance customer.

Pros

I've used RSS for years and it's the cornerstone of our business in terms of contacts and business management. As we're a consultancy having individual files for each client is vital so we can track their progress and writer development.

Cons

That we can't search key words to bring up a file. For instance, if I can remember a title of a book but not the author's name, or I met someone at a trade fair - so I have some context - but I can't remember who, or I've worked on book genres with some agents (so it could bring up several files) it would be a game changer if I could just type in key words and it would search through the files in activities and bring up the files rather than just being able to search source, name or email. This is the greatest limiter for me.

Clair
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Ideal for Our Needs with Lots of Hidden Treasures Still To Uncover

It has been very simple to grasp and exciting to see there is so much more which can be done with the system. It provides us with a vital reference log of all activity we undertake with, for and on behalf of our 250+ member businesses. Technical support has also been very good too - we reported a time-stamp bug and it was fixed within 24 hours.

Pros

I am new to the organisation and new to this particular software. However, in my daily use of the program, I can see how it easily solves our basic contact data-base requirements. It's straight-forward, user-friendly and logical. Its user interface is easy to follow and it has become an invaluable piece of software in my working day to ensure our smooth running of our organisation - supporting the 250+ businesses across the industrial estates we serve. There are lots of additional utilities and functions which we need to explore further to fully appreciate the wider opportunities it offers - this in itself is a further 'Pro' as it highlights the comprehensiveness of the system.

Cons

Very little to criticize. The only negative experience I have had was regarding the automatic email integration option. We thought this would be an ideal solution to avoid us having to copy/paste email correspondence as separate activity entries for the relevant contact. Unfortunately, for our specific reporting/logging needs, the automated option didn't present the emails in an appropriate manner - formatting was lost, previous messages were included and the end result was cumbersome to navigate. As a result, we switched this option off and reverted back to our manual approach which better meets our layout and quick reference needs.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Clair, thank you for your review of Really Simple Systems. I am very pleased to the CRM it is working well for you.

If you would like to investigate other features in the system, you might be interested to set up a call with our Technical Customer Success team. Do get in touch on [email protected] and we will send you a diary link to book a date.

We can also take a look the email integration problem you have described and get this working for you.

Kind regards

Replied 13/4/2022
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

The Best CRM System Out There!

Excellent!

Pros

Ease of use is very important to our organisation and RSS CRM scores very high in this regard. The system is also very intuitive to setup and edit on an as neede basis. The marketing and sales funnel tools are really helpful to the entire team.

Cons

Maybe the email integration could have been designed a little better and easier to use.

Oracle Marketing

Reasons for Choosing Really Simple Systems CRM

Better value for money

Smarter, cheaper, better!!
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/3/2021

I think it is absolute quality and value for money, and easy to use

I think they are an impressive team with a great product.. As I said, they got all the core elements right to make it a fantastic choice, especially for the SME market..

Pros

Superb CRM for doing the basics really well and giving you a lot of power for your pounds/Dollars. Support is quick and efficient, I have set up, integrated and modified and added data to an account and had it up and running inside 48 hours... How's that for ease of use!!

Cons

having sat here trying to think that one out, I don't have a con... or at least I haven't found one yet!

Abby
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Excellent relational database

We have found it invaluable that we have been able to transpose information previously held on our own systems or within our heads on to the CRM. with the information that we are now recording in one place and the subsequent reporting that this facilitates, we have been able to glean valuable insights into various areas of our business. It has also allowed us an overview of business performance

Pros

We have valued the ability to build our own accounts screen so that we are able to record and report on areas specifically relevant to our business. The reporting function has been game changing for us, providing new insights into our client base and referral activities. The software is so easy to use which has made embedding it into our operational practices an easy task. The ability to link accounts has proved very useful too.

Cons

We would value further fields on the accounts screen so that we can increase our use of the reporting function.

Danna
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Really Simple Systems Review

Overall I like the software to manage my territory and keep track of my activity. Just with the system would track with our quickbooks and there was an app for phones.

Pros

I like how simple the formatting is. Easy to search accounts and create reports.

Cons

Quickbooks does not link to the CRM so we cannot track sales automatically. There is also not an app for RSS so can only access from a computer. Hard to use iphone broswer.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Really Simple Systems CRM

Cheaper than other softwares.
Bradley
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Really Simple Systems - Really Great for a Startup

Really Simple Systems was just what we needed as a SaaS startup who was lean, but with lots of prospects and really needed a CRM that was affordable, easy to setup with the potential to scale. We definitely got that with Really Simple Systems. They've been great to work with. Strongly recommend them.

Pros

Very easy to setup, especially the CRM portion. One of my partners had never used a CRM previously and was able to start using it and be productive (really productive) almost immediately.

It was very affordable for us to get started which combined with the positive reviews that we saw it made it very attractive to us.

Their support is great! Really responsive. You never feel like you're talking to a black hole. Really important for us.

Cons

They have some work to do on the marketing module. There is an update coming, and it will help a lot. This module is just clunky at the moment, especially the email editor.

• Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

Lives up to the label!

We've used this product for 9 years with minimal drama. It's the lynch pin of our business. The support team in Aus & the UK have been great to work with.

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive, minimal training required for new users, good support when required (not often!).
Easy access to your data, can be downloaded in seconds and analysed in excel/MS Access if the excellent report writer doesn't cover your query. Easy to create and distribute/manage EDM's. Far more flexible than Mailchimp.

Cons

I would like more control over screen layout.

Matt
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

Fantastic, customer focused support

Pros

By far the best part about RSS is the team - they're very focused on helping us with what we want and looking at creative ways to get the job done. We've worked very closely with them over the years on a number of projects, and they're by far one of the best software teams I've worked with.

The system is simple (surprise!) and it's never taken long for us to train new staff on it.

Cons

The upgrade to version 5 took quite a while, however has been much needed and the new software has been regularly updated - far more regularly than previously, so the wait was worth it. There are a few times that we've needed a bit more complexity than the system offers - however the team have been good at exploring different ways to approach what we want.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Glad to have a straightforward system, which just about covers all my needs.

A compact place to store all my customer sales information.

Pros

I am able to contain all the relevant information about my customer in one place. I have been grateful for the prompt responses from the support team when I have had some issues.

Cons

Not being able to attach actual documents into the customer account. Not a big fan of cloud base systems. I have not worked out how to put alerts and reminders against specific customers, therefore I would like to be able to find this out alongside other applications, either by webinar or video link. Also just been advised that we have been upgraded from version 4 to 5. Layout is very different from the previous one. Not sure the change was necessary unless it substantially improves the ease of use.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Hi David, thanks very much for posting a review.
You mention not being able to attach documents to a customer account. You can attach documents - there is a specific field for this on the company account page, if you scroll to the bottom. You can drag and drop a file or click to search. If you have any difficulties do please contact our support team for help on [email protected] Best regards

Replied 12/7/2017
Amanda

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

A really functional and reliable resource

We have had a very positive experience with this software

Pros

The ease of use made it very easy to roll out across our locations
Drag and drop option makes it very easy to upload documents
All Customer information is on one page and easily accessible
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked with the team to customise a solution that would work for us

Cons

We needed a very detailed Financial Area would would require a fully bespoke solution

monday.com

Cost and customisation options
Charlie

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Brilliant service and flexible system.

Managing our client database and recording enquiries into our service. Really simple to use reporting.

Pros

This is software that is not designed for our business; however despite this we were able to tailor parts of the system to help us move from paper based files to managing an electronic system. The service from RSS has been outstanding and they help to provide solutions and alternatives quickly and as best as they can.

Cons

As it wasn't designed for Social Care use, there are functionality and data protection issues that have resulted in us moving to a specifically designed system.

Gary

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Really Simple Systems CRM Review

The research and selection period was made so much easier because the support is local to Australia, but mainly that the contact was genuinely interested in assisting us find the best system for us. There was no hard sell and we have a system that is set up and tailored for us prior to starting subscription.

Pros

The software is very simple to navigate and can be used in a small capacity or it is adaptable to larger and more encompassing business use. The ability to tailor make the system to fit in with existing business is a real bonus. I found the RSS contact incredibly helpful, articulate and interested in what we were looking for in a CRM system. Perhaps the biggest single advantage this system has over it's competition......the demonstration was all inclusive and interactive, and delivered with true support. No request was too much and between the two of us we achieved our objectives before purchasing the product. Most impressed!

Cons

We have everything we need at this stage so I have not come across any cons

Neil

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

Excellent UK based and GDPR Compliant CRM System

1. Created a single CRM database for all my sales and marketing records built up over the last 20 years.

2. Brilliant email/campaign marketing module with excellent dashboard view of all email campaigns.

3. Simple web based CRM system based on a low cost SaaS pricing model backed up by an excellent support team.

Pros

Replaced all my old Excel worksheets built up over the last 20 years with a single web based CRM application available to access on my Laptop, iPad and iPhone and giving complete flexibility of access to data.

Easy and intuitive to use with an excellent dashboard view, task management, sales pipeline and built in reports and excellent dashboard widgets.

Good simple annual pricing model based on users and modules required and simple and easy to use CRM system.

Cons

Data import was not a simple as it looked to be and needed support team to import my CSV files, this was done quickly and efficiently by the support team.

Victoria
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Really Simple Systems CRM

Pros

Having trialled many systems we find Really Simple to be really simple. It is straightforward and intuitive to use, and for a small business it is a very cost effective tool that really makes a difference to our operations.

Cons

When we are stuck the support team are always on hand and very efficient in helping us out

Steve
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Feature Rich and Simple to Use

We really like the simplicity of the system.

Pros

We like the fact it is based online so our staff can use it wherever they are without having to worry about VPNs, deploying software, maintenance of servers etc.

Cons

No cons really. Features are constantly being added. We wanted Google Maps integration which wasn't readily available but after speaking with customer support, they have now added this important feature.