About Yodeck

Yodeck is an award-winning cloud-based digital signage solution that helps organizations of all sizes create amazing digital signs in minutes. Voted #1 easiest to use, it’s a breeze to upload and schedule all types of media,...

4.8

Browse Yodeck Reviews

René
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

So easy!!

Information is easy shared.

Pros

Easy to setup using low cost hardware.
Easy to maintain

Cons

In case you show a website it is very hard to answer cookie policy questions remotely so the popup is showed.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Remote setup Freedom in setting up shows
Phylliss

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

Lots of Options and Very Affordable

I'm so glad that I decided to use Yodeck for my media advertising. I have a monitor in our lobby and one in our sauna room, so clients can learn about new services, special deals and events. Super efficient. I am saving so much money compared to what I was using before and getting so much more for my $$$.

Pros

I love that Yodeck let's you customize your playlist with your photos, video's and even has widgets for social media including Facebook and Instagram. It's easy to download files into your account and they also have their own layouts that you can use to customize and create what ever you want.

Cons

It did take me a little time to figure out the scheduling process. Making a playlist was a breeze, scheduling it to run was a little more involved, especially if you are running multiple playlists on one media screen. Might just be me.

Orane
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Good Product

It is a good product

Pros

East of setup. It was very easy to get it on our network.

Cons

Device storage is limited. Storage on the device is relatively small.

Response from Flipnode

Hi Orane,

thank you for submitting a review of Yodeck! Yodeck Players come with 16GB storage, out of which around 12GB is available for Media. Storage is automatically managed, caching files until more space is needed. If you need more storage, you can reach out to our support team and you can order a 32GB upgrade, making available Media storage ~27GB, or even larger SD cards. Of course, you can always upgrade storage of your Players yourself easily.

If you need any help, do reach out to support - our team will assist you any way possible.

Vangelis

Replied 24/2/2020

Top Yodeck Alternatives

Grassfish IXM platform

XOGO Decision Signage

Barry
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

A very simple-to-use, affordable, scalable setup for display screens

I've had a great experience with Yodeck and it was an easy sell for our organization. The cost is affordable, the customer service and tech support are FANTASTIC (even if only available via email), and we are very pleased with the 11 screens we have implemented thus far with Yodeck.

Pros

I love how easy the Yodeck app is to use. Tagging and scheduling content is EASY EASY EASY and works great!

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the security with some of the widgets. I don't want to provide my login credentials for SharePoint, PowerBI, etc. to be able to use some of those widgets. There has to be a better (more secure) way...

ScreenCloud and Screenly

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Managing PCs, Windows, Office, etc. was expensive, time-consuming, and a pain.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Price, simplicity, Raspberry Pi players included
paul
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Yodeck - a great solution and price

Overall, after looking at different solutions, Yodeck was the best option for our brand. There are other solutions that we looked at, including some free solutions, but none of the other solutions offered the value that Yodeck offered. In 2+ years we have never had a media player fail and they run 24x7.

Pros

My company has been using Yodeck for over 2 years and currently have 79 media players and i am able to manage the players without help. Its easy to use and sends you emails if a player goes down. Easy to use and fast customer support.

Cons

The only con that I have is sometimes I received a media player that is not working. OF the 79 media players I have received I have had 5 that did not work. 3 of them I was able to fix by re-flashing the SD card and 2 I had to replace the SD card.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

Yodeck the ultimate digital signage software

You set it and forget about it, that´s how software should run.

Pros

The software is working 100% of the time even without internet connection. That is what business needs: reliability.

Cons

Wifi set up process should work even simpler. You always need a keyboard or a LAN cable to connect, but every IoT Device out there can perform that via smartphone.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Easy-to-use Internal Display and Dashboards automation make this a charm to use!

Support and service on initial setup, ability to use our own Pi's and ease of use interface make this a simple choice to be up and running within minutes.

Pros

Simplicity, cost and ease of changes. Ability to use our own Pi's was the quickest way to get going on day one.

Cons

We have not found a negative for our needs.

Reviewed on 18/1/2023

No More Paper Signs

Great. Does all that we need, and is allowing us to grow in screens without a big increase in the licensing.

Pros

It helped clean the Campus University from paper and create more digital content, easy to update and manage on the daily basis.

Cons

Just that we cant use the Schedule feature because of the price upgrade.

Gabriel

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Great Product for the Price

We had a minor issue with one of our 9 Raspberry Pi Players but we contacted support and it was easy to resolve. Overall it was an extremely easy deployment the Raspberry Pi Players even came preconfigured with the WIFI information which is awesome.

Pros

Price and features. Yodeck is a great signage solution for the price and with the free Raspberry Pi Player included with the annual subscription, it gets even better. The feature set is huge with many widgets to connect the screens with live data.

Cons

The Content Scheduler is not easy to use and I wish that Yodeck has phone support instead of just chat.

Pete
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

A great digital signage solution for a low price

The best feature is the support. They are quick to respond and will often create custom scripting for free.

Pros

We were most impressed with the low cost of the solution combined with a large number of features. It was also lovely to create an I.T. dashboard display that was very reasonably priced, as most competitors charge a high price for the ability to display content from secure websites.

Cons

Currently, you cannot have two YouTube videos running on the same layout/display. Not a big deal and I'm sure future versions will allow this as an option.

Louis

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

Top tier system

Pros

The documentation, layout of the system and ease of integration makes the system really practical in a busy environment where there are lots of systems to manage. I have implemented Yodeck at both schools i have worked in, and from when I first started using it, I have consistently seen updates to the UI and features.

Cons

I think there needs to be better diversity in Widgets. I think they hold huge potential to really standing out the system from the rest. For example, we are a Microsoft school so would benefit greatly from those features. Other custom API widgets would also be amazing so we really can personalise it.
The layout system can be improved with integration with widgets too. For Example, the weather widget is hard to fit correctly in the top right hand corners as the grid limitations of the widget is greater than the size of the widget, so it makes it difficult to be precise with positioning.

ScreenCloud and OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Price and experience with the system previously. The raspberry Pi integration and use also benefits us rather than a webos verison.
Richard

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Digital signage for large secondary school

Support is excellent, always prompt and friendly.

Pros

All cloud based to simple to update and sync to players. We've replaced our entire digital signage screens with TVs running Yodecks behind them. We've also managed to create one incorporated with a free to air setup TV box so staff can enjoy TV whilst we overlay important messages.

Around the school site we use them to display messages for students, live feeds from Twitter, the weather, time and news. Very powerful and very easy to use and manage.

Cons

Nothing. Every works well for us. Plenty of guides online helping if you get stuck too.

Screenly

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Wanted the ability to use normal TV screens and update remotely.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Trialed YoDeck and worked brilliantly for us.
Rich
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

Perfect for our needs!

The best part about Yodeck is that I can get a message out to our employees in under five minutes. I can't imagine a better system for our needs.

Pros

We are a small manufacturing plant that needed a convenient way of passing messages along to all of our staff that work at all times of the day. I simply create slides in PowerPoint and quickly upload them to Yodeck. The software is extremely easy to use and fits our needs perfectly.

Cons

I have tried implementing some of the widgets and they don't always fit the screen, and sometimes don't work so it is hard to depend on them enough to use them.

Screenscape and EZ Screen

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Free monthly option for using only one screen. Hardware is a Raspberry Pi, which I have prior experience with.
Richard
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Good easy to use digital signage solution with low cost hardware

Pros

That you can roll your own players from raspberry PIs which we had many on a shelf from other projects. We lover the birthday widget for our younger members

Cons

Occasionally we've had an odd issue with visual noise on uploaded videos, but never had the time to investigate if it's our problem or Yodesk's.

Frank

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

Fantastic Solution for Video Displays at our C-Store Chain

We have been quite happy with YoDeck. They have been quite responsive when we had questions, and were a huge help as we worked to set up our first store with 15 monitors and 15 Raspberry Pi units. We are overall very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease and speed of updating our content at will is the best part about YoDeck and our Raspberry Pi video units. I can update from almost anywhere...can even do most content updates from my phone.

Cons

We had sought a solution that would allow us to sync 10 - 15 monitors in our stores. Unfortunately the only way to get that right now is a system that is way out of our budget for the size stores that we have. YoDeck and Raspberry Pi video units were as close as we could get - though they don't sync up as of yet - they were well within our budget.

FirePoint

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Quality of the product and price of the service & video units.
Ian
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Easy & Affordable

Pros

Super easy interface with lots of features, but not at all complicated.

Cons

Limited player options- RPi players are main option with less robust web player option.

Rise, Mvix Digital Signage and OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Best feature set with easiest interface and lowest cost.
Tim
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

Yodeck is a no-nonsense digital signage solution with powerful features and simple players

Yodeck is a great experience! Customer service has been very responsive during the purchase and implementation process.

Pros

We like Yodeck's intuitive user interface and simple, Raspberry Pi based players. Yodeck also presented as a great value when compared to similar signage solutions.

Cons

We have not found any significant problems, and rollout has been smooth.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Yodeck was the best value for the features we wanted.
Rok

Reviewed on 27/1/2022

Great digital signage for anyone unwilling to use own hosted solutions

We wanted a digital signage solution for a school. We have two screens only, which were run by two old desktop PCs running Powerpoint presentations, which was a chore and a hassle (windows updates, restarts, errors,...)

Pros

Easy to use, simple to implement, light on resources and works as it should.

Cons

It gets expensive fast if you have more than one screen.

Xibo

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Xogo didn't offer all that we wanted and was more expensive.

XOGO Decision Signage
Christopher

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Response from Flipnode

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones.

The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Replied 4/11/2019
Pete
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

User Friendly

Other than some hiccups with initially receiving our players, and again with ordering some more, we have enjoyed using Yodeck a lot. It's easily accessible from any internet connected device, updates and changes can be seen within a minute on the screens, they were very easy to install, and have very user-friendly software that is updated a lot. Out of our 30 players we have only had two that began to crash and with a simple software flash we had them back up and running in about an hour and they have had no problems since.

Pros

We integrated Yodeck into our arena quickly and easily. From set up to daily updates and changes, it has been a very easy system to use. Adding graphics, changing schedules, building layouts are all very easy to do compared to other media players we have tried and if we have had any problems they are very quick to respond.

Cons

There were a few issues at first with their software being user friendly, but they are constantly updating and almost everything I had a problem with at first has been fixed. The scheduling can take some time to get used to, and the way the stored media is displayed when building a playlist can get sloppy.

Sam
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

Yodeck - All you need for digital signage

Pros

I was searching for a digital signage in order to project trailer and show scheduler for our cinema.
Yodeck was the optimal solution. Based on Raspberry Pi, cheap hardware that you can manage as you want, Yodeck gives you full remote configuration of you system: you can upload any media (audio/video/image) or you can also link directly youtube videos or webpages!
What I most liked is the possibility to create diffent playlist, mixing layouts with different kind of media, and scheduling the playlist whenever I want, switching automatically playlist in various time of the day.
The update from the portal is very simple and the monitor will syncronize with the contents scheduled in very short time.
Very nice also the alerts that notice you that you monitor is offline, so you can check the status with very short downtime.
The installation is very easy: yodeck gives you the os image for the raspberry: the only thing you have to do is install the image and follow the instructions.
So, I am very satisfied with this solution (we have been using it for more than 3 years and we never had problems) and I advice it for who need a simple but powerfull system for digital signage.

Cons

Maybe is not very intuitive the part about making a layout on the screen and then checking how it comes on the monitor, but with but with a few attempts everybody will manage to configure all

• Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Yodeck - A Gold Standard for Digital Signage Solutions

For us here in public library land cost and reliability matter, and Yodeck makes it easy to remotely update my signage from home in minutes. I'm able to get my library director the results needed in real time.

Pros

The feature set is rich, reliability is amazing, and price point is incredible. As an IT professional I crave solutions that never let me down and that I never have to worry about. Yodeck delivers big time on these key needs!

Cons

At first it took a little getting used to that the "Playlist" is really what you are showing as opposed to a "slide show" as in other solutions but then you realize its actually better and more customizable so its really just a terminology difference.

Tom
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Pros

This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Cons

Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

Dennis

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Absolutely Amazing! Don't look anywhere else... it should start (and end) with Yodeck!

We run a small retail establishment and I needed the ability to use digital signage as an employee message board (while controlling content remotely). Being small, we don't have the funds to throw at problems/solutions... which means I'm a DIY owner. I've tried other providers, but became quickly frustrated since they didn't work (or didn't work as well as I'd like).

I'm glad I stumbled upon Yodeck... this was exactly what I needed and more! Very easy to setup, very intuitive, and very reliable (I waited to post this review since I wanted to be able to speak to up-time). I am amazed at how quickly I was able to setup the system (using a Raspberry Pi) and I'm impressed by how reliable it has been. We're going into our second month of use and we're experiencing 100% reliability, while constantly updating the Playlists.

But where Yodeck really stood out... I was contacted by a customer service manager the second we signed up for the service and had someone on standby who was willing to help where and when needed. I was shocked! A very nice touch and I can't say enough about that approach. I'm sold and will look to Yodeck for future projects when the time is right.

If you're in the market, or are unsure about where to turn for digital signage, I can't recommend Yodeck enough (especially for the beginner on a budget). Great product, great service, amazing reliability... well done Yodeck! Thank you!!!

Pros

How simple it was to get up and running. Ease of use a big plus. And reliability has been 100%... I expected downtime since we're running this on a Raspberry Pi, but we're amazed it's been 100% reliable.

Cons

Nothing... honestly... nothing! I'm really trying to find something negative, but it has been a great product with amazing reliability.

Panos

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

Reliable and continuously getting better!

We have created a product with a mix of shared and custom content for our clients. In Yodeck we found all the features we needed as It does almost everything we want and the support is awesome. They even contacted us to ask if they can help in any way!

Pros

Excellent support, regular updates/upgrades with new features, flexible prices and low cost for the players as they use Raspberry pi.

Cons

Few widgets, with poor design. But this was not a big problem for us, because we created our own widgets.