About CAKE POS

CAKE provides an easy-to-use POS that owners will learn like a pro in a short amount of time. The restaurant management system takes care of everything in one place with integrated online ordering, curbside pickup, reservations,...

4.7

Browse CAKE POS Reviews

Leo

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Cake is great!

A little hectic at first. After [sensitive content hidden]
took over everything was repaired promptly.

Pros

Like the ease of use and functionality. Customer service was great, thanks to [sensitive content hidden]
, as he is very knowledgeable about your products and software.

Cons

Overall functionality is great. Customer service could use some work in areas.

Response from Mad Mobile

Hey Leo,
Thanks for the review!
CAKE POS Team

Replied 18/1/2024
Kevin

Reviewed on 28/9/2021

CAKE is simply the BEST

A++++++++++++++++++ System and customer service!!!

Pros

The accessibility, functionality, storage and speed of the system in general. THE SEARCH BAR OMG!!!!

Cons

The chip readers inconsistency. The inability to be able split items more than 1 in a time.

Aloha EPOS, Clover and TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing CAKE POS

Honestly... The tipping point was the card fee. But since then it has been awesome. Why we are staying put!!!

Aloha EPOS and TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to CAKE POS

Everything said in the comments before
Vangjel

Reviewed on 10/4/2021

If you don't want features that will help your restaurant grow this is it.

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic.
Issues - many, but do get resolved.
Features - literally almost nothing. you get basic reporting.
We switched to Toast.

Pros

Its useful that this POS offers 3 party features to install, to bad you gotta pay of them.
Reports are easy to understand, what comes in and what your taxes are.
Easy point of sale to use for your staff.

Cons

Alright after 2+ years of using Cake here it is for you guys.

1. On the phone with customer service probably 4 - 6 times a month. This is from reporting / dashboard issues, POS issues.

Reporting issues: about 2 times a month we have to call about some kind of labor reporting issue and takes the engineers around 1 to 4 days to fix. Note - same issue occurs, another day or so for engineers to fix.

Dozens of times we will be on the phone with a customer service rep, and both them and I will be having issues loading the reports to examine them. One time we were literally both waiting over 25 minutes for it to load.

As a restaurant one of the best reports you could have is when the system literally tells you the cost of EVERYTHING.
Ya, you won't be getting this with cake. Sure, you can add the cost of a single item to you (why even have this feature if it doesn't deduct it for you) but it wont deduct it for you at the end of the day. You'll have to do this on your own to figure out what it actually cost you.

Cake takes into account on recommendation that their customers give them, I think and thats at least what they say except their features are almost non-existent. No marketing, No rewards, very basic reporting.

Their hardware is super expensive, our kitchen printer stopped working and they quoted us like $450, I found it on amazon for $115.

Just remember the 2.50% + $.10 a swipe, will actually really be costing you 3.50%. I could go on but I'm limited on characte

Top CAKE POS Alternatives

Tara

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Rhop/Uhop

Very nice

Pros

It's pretty easy to use, definitely easy to maneuver with help from customer service

Cons

The payout print out is TOOOO SMALL! I've requested that a few things be tweeked with no resolution to requests

More up to date service

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate the continued support. We will let our success team know about your concerns. And as always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Replied 17/10/2023
Matthew

Reviewed on 3/2/2022

We’ve used Cake for 2 years now

It’s been very good overall. Great customer service.

Pros

It’s user friendly. Once my employees use it for a couple hours they pick it right up.

Cons

We were unable to set up our online ordering from the table. There were too many steps for the clients to take.

It was too slow

Restaurant Systems Pro

Reasons for Switching to CAKE POS

Our food purveyor Sysco set us up with cake.
Jodine

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Best System Yet!

The rep, our contact person at Cake, is AWESOME!!! :)

Pros

User-friendly, love that we can make changes off-site, looking forward to using their Guest Manager program and online ordering!

Cons

We wish the pizza part of their system was easier to use. Half & Half pizzas are almost 50% of our orders, and it is not the easiest to enter on this current version. The only think we liked better with one of our former systems, is that it showed an actual picture of a pizza and we could click and drag toppings from one side to the other. Much easier and better visually. We are hoping Cake implements this in the future. :) (Hope that helps).

Reasons for Choosing CAKE POS

Referral from another restaurant owner, and I actually used their system before making the decision to switch.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to CAKE POS

Strictly on our referral. We never tried Toast. And, we primarily use Sysco, who is the food vendor who supports Cake.

Response from Mad Mobile

Best System Yet?

Thank you for your kind words Jodine!

Glad to see that you are using Guest Manager and Online Ordering.

Replied 10/1/2020
Tommy

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

Cake POS

Very user friendly

Pros

I love the fact that I have a POS system and I do not have to have a separate CC processing

Cons

Really haven't had any bad problems. We normally call support and it is handled quickly

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing CAKE POS

Changed locations and my Sysco rep told me about it

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Wanted something different
Amy

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

You won't regret this business partnership!

Very impressed with everything - the hardware, software and team of staff have all been great

Pros

We went thru a total of 7 product demos before selecting CAKE. Hands down was the most inclusive and best reporting features for our Bar / Restaurant / Bowling Alley. The couple times I have had questions, I've had great support and resolution very quickly. I'm not a tech person, and this was a super easy install and implementation for me to do with the rep over the phone. My menu build was very quick and the questions I have had since original upload have been answered quickly.

Cons

The only issue I have had is occasionally something will disappear that I know I have added as a modifier. Unsure if its a glitch, but it's been so minor that we haven't been inconvenienced at all.

Reasons for Choosing CAKE POS

Purchased the business and knew we needed a better system for accounting and order flow.

Reasons for Switching to CAKE POS

Overall had the best fit for reporting and user friendliness. Customer Service and our demo were what put everything over the top
Mary

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

Been using CAKE since we opened in October 2018! Staff and Owners love the ease of use.

I use the timesheet management(Clock in/out) for payroll. This is a very crucial point to Box Office Brewery and makes payroll much easier to manage. If an employee forgets to clock out, it is easily managed. Thank you.

Pros

The ease of use! Ease of setting up menu.

Cons

The reporting can sometimes be tricky. Overall great product.

Square Point of Sale, Clover and POSitouch

Reasons for Switching to CAKE POS

Positouch was very confusing and not easy when given a demonstration. Clover used too many apps! Square was too small for our quantity of sales and transactions.
Scott

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

A promising work in progress

Cake is a perfectly adequate system that has served our needs but as we grow we feel like we need to search for a more robust system with all of the features that we need.
Customer service has always been responsive, even if to tell us that the features we requested aren't available.

Pros

This system is user friendly and has all of the BASIC features you need to get going. The customer facing hardware is attractive and functional. Back end programming is fairly easy to use once you are familiar with it. Online ordering has been fairly easy to implement and has all of the BASIC functions you need.

Cons

After working with this system in multiple locations for a few years, we have come to learn of some shortcomings - reporting with the system in difficult to navigate and hard to generate more detailed sales reports. It is not an intuitive reporting system. The basic snapshot functions are great, but digging deeper to get more detailed reports is cumbersome. Also some basic functionality on the restaurant side is still missing. Tickets in the kitchen print up items in random order and there is no way to address this in the system. Most other systems have the basis functions to group and prioritize items on tickets for the kitchen and bar printers. You don't realize how important this is until you don't have it on a POS system. There is still no way to offer discounts or accept gift cards online either.

Kristin

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Cake support and management assistance

Overall the system has assisted in staffing better, seeing trends with sales, reports are continuously being improved. Easy to update menu pricing and item changes. Great system for table waits, using text to notify guest table is ready is easier. Monitoring table times allowing us to see where weaknesses are. Up to date information regarding the sales, labor and comp, refunds, voids, staff errors. Everything is in one easy report.

Pros

Easy to use, 24 hour support, customer services is exceptional, constantly working on improving the system and uses the customers feedback in assisting to redesign and implement changes

Cons

With the support team so far away it is sometimes difficult to pin point the base of the system problem. Especially through phone conversations. Recently we had a Pos terminal go and it would enter things units own. It was extremely difficult to capture the incidents while it happened. Sometimes you can't capture the problem through a video or it just would stop when on the phone with support team. The problem went on for a month. Cake was outstanding and replaced the terminal free of charge for a one time customer courtesy.

Response from Mad Mobile

Hey Kristin, thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our ease of use and we continuously look to improve our Point of Sale, so thanks for noticing!

Also, glad to hear that you are putting our Point of Sale and Guest Manager to great use.

Replied 10/1/2020
LYNN

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

POS

Overall, we love this product, especially the support we get from the friendly staff. Anytime we have an issues, we call and it gets fixed. We have also been able to troubleshoot and fix items ourselves numerous times. It's an easy system and we recommend it.

Pros

Our customers love their screen. They like that they can see their order. It's easy to read and understand. We love that we can use the system from home on the laptop and not just in the shop. I make changes to the menu mostly from home. I love having the itemized close cash receipt every day. I love all the reports that I get for tracking my business.

Cons

I don't like that all the buttons are the same color. It makes it very difficult to find buttons in a hurry when you have 40 different syrup flavors and 34 different teas. We need colored buttons that we can use as groups, for example, I could make all our sugar free syrups green and all the syrups that start with an A, blue, etc... It helps your eyes to find things quicker. It is really stressful for new employees to find buttons when training and the customer is standing there staring at you. It's better as a trained employee, but it would save us time at the machine when we could be making their order. Colored buttons are highly needed. Also, ever since the last software update that affected us directly, it is harder for me to add new products to the menu and put them in the right place. I can't put my finger on what changed, but i have trouble adding new products under existing categories. They come out as new buttons on the main screen. Not sure how to fix that.

Carrie

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Easy to use and a definite asset for restaurants and bars!

We had a wonderful experience overall with our system. I would still be using it if our business had not sold and would use again if we ever open a similar business in the future.

Pros

The CAKE POS was very easy to use and I loved the detail it provided for us. As a restaurant and bar, we needed a lot of detail in orders and the ability to print to different stations was amazing vs. having to walk each order back. The reports were easy to use as was the changing of the menu and adding/removing items. It was also great for training staff because it was very straight-forward and step-by-step.

Cons

Table numbers being required would be great. The signature pad being a little more sensitive to picking up finger signatures. Split checks were sometimes burdensome and could use a little improvement to speed things up when it's busy. I would love it if the creating of subcategories would be easier (say you have several of one brand of wine so you have less tabs to have to look for items).

Carmelle

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!

The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

Pros

This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Cons

Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day.

We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red.

Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

Replied 26/4/2018
Katie

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

Cake has been such a positive experience.

Cake saves us time with customers and employee training. It is very user friendly and the support team is very friendly and helpful.

Pros

We switched to CAKE because we were launching a bigger location and with an expanded menu, this was the better option for us. We were previously using Square which didn't have a lot of the functions we needed as a bigger business. It's much easier for employees to work now because CAKE allows them to do clocking in and out in one convenient location, all the menu options can be put in the system which saves their time entering and hunting, and overall it's much more organized. We can also easily change the menu from our laptops on a regular basis because we've been adding a bunch of stuff, and it's much easier from our computers. The reports help us keep records of what sells the best during each season and we can decide then to bring it back or not. A lot of our customers are really impressed as well, it's very easy for them to use and they tell us on a regular basis. It's really user friendly and it all comes down to the ease of use. We just have no complaints, and whenever I need support it's easy to get to.

Cons

The screen will freeze from time to time but it is easily fixed by restarting the machine. I also wish we could find receipts by card holders last name, it would be easier to go back if we need to find a receipt for different purposes.

Response from Mad Mobile

Your CAKE Point of Sale shouldn't be freezing, please reach out to [email protected] if you'd like some technical assistance troubleshooting this issue. CAKE is happy to hear Mishmash Eats is saving so much time by switching to CAKE POS. We hope you and your customers continue to have great things to say about CAKE's support, please get in touch if we can help you get more out of your CAKE Point of Sale.

Reviewed on 31/5/2017

Drastically improved our order efficiency. Responsive Customer Service.

Pros

We had a system before CAKE for several years that we couldnt upgrade, which was our biggest issue. It was becoming slower and slower and features werent very robust, even though it was very expensive. CAKE is very responsive from a customer service perspective, and theyre always very helpful. We feel very comfortable calling when we have issues, which dont often come up, whereas before we incurred service fees every time we needed customer support. The reporting is helpful from a record-keeping and costing perspective and does what we need. CAKE is always adding new features and improving the software aspect of it which is great because theres always something new we can take advantage of to improve our business. We were able to process more customers per hour because of increased efficiency, ease of use, and speed of the system. Its an attractive piece of hardware that fits in seamlessly with the rest of our aesthetic, and because of the customers ability to interact on the other side of the screen, its been a great benefit for our employees as tips went up substantially.

Cons

You have the ability to choose your owner credit card processor, but you have to purchase separate processing hardware. Running cards this way ads a layer of inefficiency to the transaction process, increasing service time.

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you for choosing CAKE, Chris! We're excited that you can see increases in tips, and we're thrilled that you're getting the most out of CAKE by using all the features we offer

Ashley

Reviewed on 2/4/2021

Super user friendly! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a POS system!

The rep that installed the system and trained us was helpful and informative. The system is easy to use and customer service is excellent. We have had no issues with the system, but if there is something you don't know how to to do- call them and they will walk you through it. Hold times for customer service are short or non-existent. Also, they update the system frequently, so if there is a feature you would like to change or add just submit a suggestion to them. As I said before, they are extremely helpful and accommodating.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Easy to change user permissions, access reports, and update menu from system, back office, and from any computer or mobile device even offsite. Reporting is clear and easy to use as well.

Cons

No major issues. Easy to access reports- could have added features to make it easier, such as the payroll hourly reporting feature- it would be better if it had an option to click the employee name to see all of the daily hours listed for each instead of having only the timesheets function to see the list. Also, on the item sales- listing the add-ons or upcharges for side options would be extremely helpful- could be a drop down similar to the categories. Otherwise, reporting is great and as easy to use as the rest of the system functions.

Steven

Reviewed on 4/4/2022

Cake as a POS solution for restaurant or small business

Support was excellent the first year or so and during negotiation of renewing our contract but has completely fallen off since then. We have had a few issues in the last week and calling their emergency number just put us on hold for 10 minutes and then automatic disconnect more than 5 times. One of those times was when credit card processing was not working at all which was a huge impact to our business. I did eventually figure it out but a support person probably could have helped fix within a few minutes.

Pros

Company was very supportive helping onboarding and setting up. Pricing was reasonable for equipment (and discounts to start up). Setting up the system is a little complex but fairly intuitive.

Cons

There is no easy way to re-use different items where you can change a "master" which updates all of that item. Also, reporting is complex (or even non-existent) without very knowledgeable person to download to excel and spend hours manipulating. Cake does not allow third party payment integration (although was one of their selling points). Many features like inventory management, gift cards, etc all come with extra fees and some substantial. Porting to Quickbooks is too complex as well.

Brian

Reviewed on 7/8/2017

Owner of 2 bars for 5 years.

Pros

We were iPad based with our old system which made us slaves to wifi and it went out all the time. There were daily complaints and we had too much revenue for that kind of system so it just didn't work out for us. A POS should just work and CAKE works. It's been about two years since we'e switched and there are never any complaints from the staff anymore. As an owner, I'm a report guy. The backend reports are self-explanatory and extremely comprehensive. It makes it easy to check out what's being given out in discounts and comps, online orders, sales by category, sales by employee, sales by quarter hour, sales vs labor costs, pretty much anything you'd want to know. It makes tax and bookkeeping easier, which is very important to me. The whole system is easy to use, the interface is simple, and as soon as I can I'm going to switch my other bar to CAKE too.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it only reports cash closed on the back end instead of what is actually opened. So I don't get the true sales we are making until the very end of the night.

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review Brian! We love reports ourselves, and we're glad the CAKE Point of Sale gives you the reporting you need to run your bar your way.

Thank you for your feedback on reporting. We hear you, and the issue is on our radar.

Caryn

Reviewed on 20/5/2017

Efficiency on so many levels....

loss prevention, reporting

Pros

We have seen an increase in profits, customer service and the reporting ability has helped to make our business better. Both in the front and back of the house. We had been operating on old-fashioned handwritten tickets, implementing this system has benefited us in so many ways. I love the ability to be able to log on from home and see the sales at any given time. In addition, I have been so pleased with the quality of personal customer service I have received from the lead sales manager. He has helped with the initial start up, set up and functionality of the system has provided attention to detail and any hiccups that have ever arisen he has all problems solved quickly and efficiently. I, as well as the staff, find the system pretty intuitive. We have decided to implement online ordering now, and I hope to see an increase in sales. Overall, I am pleased with Cake.

Cons

I am not thrilled with the credit card processing company that we must use, I would prefer to someone else.

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experiences, Caryn! We do offer the option to choose a different credit card processor, although the problem is we can't offer support if issues should arise. If you'd like more information about a 3rd party processor, please contact [email protected]

alicia

Reviewed on 8/6/2017

Restaurant

It helps a lot by keeping track of your sales.

Pros

The CAKE system is a lot more convenient than using a little old-fashioned register. It's a very helpful system. Keeping up with orders is way more convenient and we love being able to have a count of what you're selling at the end of the day. We can see what's being sold and what's being given away and at the end of the day, you can really see a breakdown of the profit. Any other system can't really do that. It's definitely helped us see what things are popular and what's not great sellers so we can give our customers more of what they want, and it makes it easier to see what staff is not selling and giving away for free. It's just a very convenient, helpful register and I've seen other businesses using it and there are so many different settings in the program for bigger facilities. If someone doesn't have this program, they don't know what they're missing. It just makes everything so much easier, and I've dealt with plenty of registers before. This is as simple as it gets. I'd recommend it to anyone

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you Alicia for your great review of CAKE! We have to agree, old-fashioned registers are so last century. CAKE is glad Anthony¿s Mediterranean has the information and tools you need to streamline your operations and improve your business. We appreciate your glowing review and we¿ll keep working hard to earn your praise.

Replied 14/2/2018
George

Reviewed on 22/3/2022

CAKE Review

I was hesitant to switch to a totally different POS. I was introduced to CAKE and still was not a 100% when I decided to switch to them. I am so glad I found them! This POS system rocks! So easy to learn and train employees on. I even set up 2 POS stations with with 6 printers. That was a piece of CAKE also!

Pros

The ease of changing and adding items/prices is extremely fast and easy. New employees learn CAKE extremely fast which helps speed up training.

Cons

As an owner I would like to see a dashboard of Sales/Labor at the touch of a button. I do not like typing in my email password for this. I just would like to get a quick glimpse of Sales/Labor.

Reasons for Choosing CAKE POS

Cloud Based. Easy to change/delete/add menu items.
Steven

Reviewed on 18/5/2023

Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

The system is awesome with very few issues and the support received is very good and quick. I have had the system for over 2 years and are extremely happy with it.

Pros

As the owner I like the analytics and reporting. Easy to find and easy to understand. Everything I need to help make educated business decisions. As for the employees using Cake everyday, very user friendly and they love it!

Cons

Occasionally there are random little silly things that come up but there is literally nothing that we don't like about the system.

Shonna

Reviewed on 3/5/2017

Best POS system I have used in my 20 year career.

Easy to use, fast and reliable.

Pros

We're coming up on our one-year anniversary with CAKE and I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it. Before CAKE, all of our systems were really hard to upgrade or make any changes. With CAKE, I can do it from home, review reports, and it's so easy for the servers and chefs as well as our customers to read and use. The set up was so easy, we've hardly had any problems, and unlike other places where we've had to make tons of calls and emails without even hearing back from anyone, the CAKE team gets us back up and running immediately, they have never missed a phone call, and they walked me through step by step in a way that was easy to understand. We looked at two other products before choosing this one and have absolutely no regrets. I feel really tied into the core of the restaurant, and they have a lot to do with it. Thanks for making my restaurant run better!

Cons

We had some trouble with splitting tickets. After help from CAKE and their customer service department we implemented additional training in house and the problem has been solved.

Response from Mad Mobile

Thank you Shonna for your wonderful review of CAKE! We're happy things are going so well at the Old Soul Cafe, and we're delighted our customer success team and support have kept things running smoothly for you

Juanita

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

Pros

CAKE is our first POS system and it has made a huge difference from pen and paper. Orders are less complicated and we have easy access to all the information we need for both the restaurant and catering sides of our business (receipts, signatures, credit cards, customer info.) Adjustments to the menu take seconds and there's no paper to lose. Online ordering has increased a lot, orders are going out faster, and of course in restaurant operations efficiency is key. On top of that, we have great reports so we don't have to do math for trends, and it's so easy to learn for new staff. We're really happy overall and would definitely recommend it!

Cons

When the system updates, it will revert back original settings after updates. Some options aren't customizable.

Response from Mad Mobile

Juanita, we thank you for your honest and thoughtful feedback. We're thrilled to hear online ordering is doing great work for you, it sounds like your efficiency is way up and we're way excited to hear that! We are sorry your settings reverted back after updating, if that ever happens again, please contact [email protected] so we can get you up and running again as soon as possible!