About Acuity Scheduling

Acuity Scheduling is a cloud-based appointment scheduling software solution that enables business owners to manage their appointments online. The product caters to the needs of small and midsize businesses as well as individual...

Browse Acuity Scheduling Reviews

5,001 of 5,001 reviews
Rashidat O. Rashidat O.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Checks all my boxes

I’m managing my time for multiple groups of needs and Acuity is allowing me to do that all in one place. I can manage my personal needs, my life coaching needs, and my nonprofit needs all in one place and still keep my hair (because I haven’t pulled it out trying to keep myself afloat). I look forward to continuing to use the software as it has room for me to expand and handle other needs that I foresee in the future. For me, Acuity is a great one stop shop to manage and connect people to the services provide.

Pros

I switched from Calendly because I was having people make appointments at the last minute and back to back. I really appreciate that Acuity has functionality to account for my preferences in both situations.

I really enjoy the ability to personalize my different scheduling links since I set up scheduling for a few different scenarios. I tend to use the specific appointment type scheduling link, which is great to have separated from the overall link so that there is no confusion in booking.

There is so much other functionality that I haven’t had a chance to use yet link the intake forms and billing, but I’m looking forward to using it.

Also, I really enjoy the emails and correspondence that I’ve had with organization. I haven’t even submitted a help ticket, but every email is funny and engaging and it feels like someone is personally attending to me!

Cons

I had a little bit of confusion with the set up of my calendars. It took some searching to figure out how to combine all my appointments to one calendar. All in all I figured it out and still love my account.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

The ability to add buffer time between meetings and to disable the ability for a last minute meeting to be scheduled overnight without giving me time to prepare for it. In addition, I use Squarespace as well. I love that product and wanted to maintain fluidity between both products. Both are made well and make my life simple so I can do what is most important to me rather than spending all my time on designing a website or figuring out scheduling.
Keyara C. Keyara C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

I love Acuity!

I have had a very positive experience so far & hope to continue loving this software for my business!

Pros

I love that I am saving time by not having to manually schedule appointments for my clients & send out reminders. I also love that my clients can save their payment method on file to create an easier check out process.

Cons

I have not come across any features that I did not like.

GlossGenius

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Square was difficult to use.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Acuity was more in my price range & seemed easier to use.
Jim W. Jim W.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 23/10/2021

Perfect for zoom meeting scheduling

During the lockdown of Christmas 2020 I was able to use acuity scheduling to book virtual meetings.

Pros

This works flawlessly for clients and collects dat from them, creates meeting link, takes payment, and sends details to me and confirmation to the client.

Cons

There really isn't much I would change. It works well for my needs.

Top Acuity Scheduling Alternatives

Heather J. Heather J.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

NO customer service

Product is great. Customer service is terrible.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to use. My clients have mentioned that they like the ease of the software when scheduling.

Cons

You will never be able to speak to a customer service representative. Ever. They want to you to email and set up an appointment for someone to email you back and discuss your issue via email. It will take forever and when you are a small business owner, very frustrating to not be able to chat with someone and deal with an issue very quickly and get it resolved. Instead, it will take several days and because you just don't have the time to sit at your computer all day, you will just move on and never get your issues dealt with. They say that they do not offer phone support at all. To me, this is very poor customer service. Also, very frustrating when you have been paying the company for over five years and they can't even do you the curtesy of having a human call you.

Also, if you have different types of appointments you will be offering. You will not be able to only allow a certain appointment to be scheduled only next to another already scheduled appointment. So this will leave you with big empty windows of times between appointments. If you want to only allow customers to schedule next to already made appointments, you can do that. But that only is a convenience ,if all of your appointments are of the same type and time duration. If you have 30, 60, and 90 minute sessions, this will not be of use to you. It is very frustrating and negatively effects my business every single week. Again, you won't be able to talk to anyone to see address your issue.

Nancy G. Nancy G.

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Will not use any other Scheduling software!

I would be lost without this program. It is exactly what a scheduling program should be and not trying to add on things it doesn't NEED.

Pros

I have been using this program for years and it has never failed me. Even when I had an issue it was resolved promptly. It has all the features I need as I have multiple streams of income in my business and it satisfies the scheduling needs for all of them...from coaching to website design strategy sessions and training

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this program although I do wish at times I didn't have to use another 3-party app to integrate.

ScheduleOnce and Calendly

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Vcita didn't have all that I needed.

vcita

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Price, ease of use and features
Viktor N. Viktor N.

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

Best scheduling tool ever

Been using Acuity for several years (3+) and continue using it for schedule consulting meetings, strategy sessions, meetings with customers, etc. It would be a lot more difficult to run my business without Acuity. Sure there are other tools, but none of them compare to Acuity in easy of use and feature set. I could've gotten a lifetime deal for $50 to one of their competitor recently and save hundreds/thousands of dollars over the next few years, but it had terrible UI and wasn't worth it. Continue paying Acuity monthly, it's worth it.

Pros

It has everything you need for scheduling. It integrates seamlessly with my Google Calendar, so it pulls my availability from calendar and updates calendar with appointments when they get scheduled. Makes my life extremely easy. Plus, it sends out reminders to people - email and SMS - to make sure they show up for the meeting. I have multiple calendars for multiple things, all work well together with my Google Calendar. The scheduling page the users see to book an appointment is by far the best one out there. It's easy to use and understand what's going on. I don't like scheduling meetings with other people that use other scheduling tools, so convoluted.

Cons

Only thing that I thought would be nice that I haven't seen done yet is being able to specify a number of appointments available per week. So I have time available from 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri, so anyone can book an appointment. But I would like to limit bookings to 10 appointments per week, regardless what day/time they get booked. So after 10th appointment is booked, the whole week becomes unavailable. Other than this, everything works great.

James D. James D.

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

Sometimes it’s easier to let them schedule.

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There’s been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn’t pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Pros

By far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I don’t often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when I’m free, and then put themselves in wherever it’s convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet don’t want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.

Cons

Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that it’s overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. It’s also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way I’m not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.

Shawn O. Shawn O.

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

Good for new... but quickly outgrow

For the record, I really like Acuity Scheduler - and while the customer service is only during the week, for the cost/value makes it understandable of why that is, and honestly - its never been a problem to wait to hear from someone till Monday. I have been using it for our studio for the past year. Started from scratch with very little capital to open our doors, and Acuity made it possible to be in the 21st century and keeping our schedule clear, and concise.

Pros

If you're a small new business, you can not go wrong with Acuity Scheduler! It is easy to get started, book appointments, make gift certificates, add in discounts, connect it to apps such as Quickbooks, MailChimp, Constant Contact - and many others. If your a wellness worker, THIS IS the only low cost small business scheduler that offers HIPPA compliance! Our clients like the view of the site, intigration tools and SEO markers for web sites - its all there!

Cons

There are going to be problems with every program - but having a small studio that we share, it would be nice to see a wait list for clients when we are totally booked out.
I needed a program that was HIPPA compliant - which is why I went with Acuity - but the forms are chunky and hard to manage. Clients don't like the way that they read - and I know that they are long - but acuity makes them seem even longer - which equates in people only doing half of the health intake forms. Also, they limit how much you can put into a section. It would be nice to expand a section, make it a little longer to read, but a simple yes or no question at the end to make the document seem less lengthy.
It is hard to make a change to an instructor if they have a sub come in to teach the class - while it does not happen all that often, attaching the proper instructor to the class at the last minute would be a great benefit so that the participants know who is teaching without having to pretty much re-write the schedule and re-book clients into the changed class.
Better integration with our book-keeping system - while it transfers over fairly well - differentiating tips, the use of passes (Acuity uses 'codes' for passes) showing the discounts as line items would be extremely helpful.

Jack H. Jack H.

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

Fantastic scheduling software with great customer assistance

I switched from Ovatu to Acuity just over a year ago. Both are fantastic bits of software but Acuity fits my business model better. The support I have received has been fantastic, also the walkthrough articles are clear and easy to follow if you want to set up integration with other software.
The pricing for Acuity is great and I have been able to add users without a massive hike in price paid.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Great support if needed
-Reminder emails and texts not charged extra
-Fantastic price compared to other scheduling software

Cons

Only a couple of minor points;
-A better method of tracking where the customer is in a block of sessions.
-Slightly easier to navigate customer profile page

ClubWorx, Cliniko and Mindbody

Ovatu

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Originally found through Capterra, then tried the free trial and preferred the set up and layout
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

Learn to Love it!

This really lays a great platform for any business needing an appointment scheduler. It is very customizable and offers you plenty of options to fit your business needs. I really am falling in love with this one in particular (and I have used several others before)!

Pros

I really enjoy all their appointment and scheduling options. Not only can you set appointment types into groups (I set mine as clients and prospective clients), but you can also set each calendar & type with their own hours. I found their variety of options available for your availability, calendar settings & limits, block timing and ability to attach forms to any or every appointment type. There are definitely plenty of options to choose from to make it unique to your company.

Cons

For me, I found this to be a little bit of a learning curve since they do offer so many options. It was a bit intimidating at first. But, I took my time and worked through each section being able to conquer them all in the end. I must say though, whenever I ran into a problem or had a question during this process, I reached out to Acuity Support. They are so helpful and helped me out with each and every question that I came across! I even had to kindly tell them that I didn't have enough time to use and they were nice enough to extend my trial for 2 additional weeks so that I could try it.

Zoho Books, Zoho Meeting, Zoho CRM and Zoho Desk

More options

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I love the way it lays out and looks.
Reena D. Reena D.

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

Acuity is the best!

My experience over the years has been excellent. Whenever I have questions about how to use various tools I get very friendly and very quick replies.

Pros

I love the flexibility it offers. I can schedule both classes and individual appointments, have separate calendars for each type if I want and have automatic reminders and more.
The price is fantastic, especially when I compare it to the usual fitness/yoga studio software.

Cons

I think the only thing I don't like is that there's no customer app.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

The price is a big factor for me. I started with the free version, moved to the Emerging entrepreneur when I decided to schedule classes through Acuity as well. I just upgraded once again so I can have separate calendars for my coaching and yoga/fitness classes. I find it does just about everything that Mindbody does (actually it does some things better) without the huge price tag that isn't reasonable for a little business like mine.
Jessica C. Jessica C.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Excellent scheduling platform

Overall, acuity is the best online scheduler I have used in my salon.

Pros

Acuity has so many different features available. For example, the ability to be able to show only 50% of available appointment times to make the business appear busier.

Cons

I feel like, for the price, I should have access to every feature including the text reminders. It would be nice if they were included.

Envision Salon & Spa

Better value and features

SalonIQ

Better quality
Sarah R. Sarah R.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

I love Acuity!

Pros

Acuity is fantastic! It is intuitive, easy to use, and there are so many settings that cover a wide range of needs. I love how customizable it is, everything from the appointment options, automated reminders, confirmation / intake emails, to the payment options and interface you can customize with your branding. I also love how responsive the customer care team is. They are nice, funny, and have even implemented some new features that I (+ others) have requested, and updated me when the new features went live.

Cons

It does take some time to set up initially if you want a lot of custom options. It might not be the easiest to navigate for those who aren't tech-able. But, if you just want a simple set up, or don't mind taking the time to create exactly what you want, it should be fine!

10to8 and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

Better price value and functionality.
Erica B. Erica B.

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

The Most Bang For Your Buck

Really, this is the absolute best scheduling software out there. I have tried several of them and I always come back to Acuity Scheduling. It has everything that you need in order to schedule, update, take payment, meet virtually, etc. Really, there is nothing bad to say about this software and I would recommend it to anyone over all of the others.

Pros

-Multiple integrations
-Multi Calendar Sync
-Can block off time across the board without having to go into each different scheduling option
-Can show specific booking types to specific groups (i.e. from Facebook only so you know where they came from vs your website)
-I work with clients on health and wellness issues and I can have them complete their intake form before I ever meet with them
-You can set up multiple online meeting spaces within the software instead of having to post a link in the description of the appointment
-You can see your entire calendar of appointments on the home screen as apposed to another software that you have to look out your linked calendar for the information or go into each appointment type

Cons

-The navigation takes a bit of getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's easy to maneuver

Rebecca S. Rebecca S.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

Best scheduling software

I emailed actuity to ask about how to set up multiple locations and received an email back SO QUICKLY. I was so impressed. Also, not only this, but the support email bounced for some reason so your support team emailed me I think through a different email address rather than just leaving it - I was so impressed. Based on the fact that this program meets my business requirements, fits the budget AND has such amazing customer service I have decided not to look further.

Pros

Ability to cater for multiple locations factoring in cost /affordability of solution

Cons

In order to set up multiple locations I need to duplicate all services. It would be much easier if setting up a location was part of the native setting as part of the creation process. For example, you can add in address currently but it doesn't appear to have any relevance to booking at multiple locations as in order to do this I needed to set them up within the services section.

Tanesha F. Tanesha F.

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Lifesaver

Pros

This platform offers the support for this new initiative along with providing additional areas of opportunity for future endeavors. I’m now able to seamlessly track class packages, Students can now see how many spots are remaining for each class, Confirmation emails for all purchases, my students can Reserve classes at their leisure and remaining balance from package stays on account. Gift certificates available for purchase. My students can save login information, so information doesn’t have to be reentered during each class registration and also the Ability to register for multiple classes at once. This program has been a timesaver and has allow me too practice great efficiency.

Cons

No cons at all! Wish there was a waitlist option after group capacities have been reached

fitli

Picktime

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

This is the only program that satisfied all of my business needs
Shannon T. Shannon T.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

A MUST HAVE for any business!

Fantastic. I even refer Acuity to my consulting clients to use. They are always apprehensive to try but once they use the free for a bit, they get really into the idea of the upgrades and all the features. It works REALLY well for companies with multiple salespeople and can event round-robin the leads based upon priorities. WAY more advanced that some of the other options out there.

Pros

My clients are on the go all the time. They don't have the time for multiple back and forth emails or text messages to find common times for scheduling. I offer them two times and link to see my entire calendar and they LOVE this capability. It makes me look super cutting edge and saves SO MUCH TIME!!!

Cons

I didn't realize when I started using Acuity that I could accept payments through the bookings which would have been helpful as a revenue stream and a skipped step. But that was mostly my fault on the set-up side.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

The extensive features and overall look.
Bryan B. Bryan B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Great Calendaring App

It is a top 3 contender and has a really good chance of becoming my goto scheduling app. I like it better than anything else I have tried so far.

Pros

Acuity has one of the best-looking interfaces that I know of. As I was researching scheduling apps it kept coming up in my research.

Cons

I couldn't figure out how to sync Acuity with multiple calendars. I have 2-3 Gmail accounts that I need to sync. It's possible that the free trial doesn't allow this.

ScheduleOnce

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I really like 10to8 also. It has the most options for a free account on the market. I like the Acuity app for iPhone and the embed features for websites./

10to8

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I haven't decided for sure, but it will likely be the iPhone app.
Craig T. Craig T.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2/9/2019

Impressive

I think it adds a level of professionalism into offering clients dates for a meeting/chat, rather than firing out some dates to them on email & even when on the phone, easy to share quickly & discuss on the phone.

Pros

Main point that swayed me to try Acuity over some others I checked out was the general ease of use, clean feel to the layouts & most importantly the setting up your calendar availability in a calendar format.

Some extra bits I found that liked was the finer detail of your availability, such as being able to make the system remove a % of appointments to help make your calendar look busy (where it's not already) -- which in my mind is a great tool because it may be daunting for clients to see so many free times.

Also like how you can add some tick box questions to the detail capture section when someones booking an appointment and that you can also create different links for different booking types (for me it's a good feature because for prospects I'd use slightly different wording).

There's also the feature to only let people see a certain amount of days into the future (i.e: I've put mine to around 60 days, so they can see options in the next couple months). Thats great so you can restrict how far ahead people can book you.

Cons

Be great if you could change the booking template design a little more (for instance I have a large list of tick box choice options for clients to tick the range of equipment interested in & it'd be better to be able to have two or three columns of these, over one long coloumn).

When you use the feature that hids a % of slots to make you look busy, it'd be good as the admin/user to be able to book a slot yourself thats hidden (rather than have to play with the days times) because I've had a few instances where's I've agreed a booking with a client or internal meeting & can't find the timeslot on my schedualer.

I'd love if you could figure how can embed the schedualer into an email body on outlook - it's was I was really looking for as feel people more likely to try it when functional within an email, than have to follow a link.

Anita A. Anita A.

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

It does what is says on the tin!

Setting up forms has been wonderful as has being given the option to set up group options and packages with the choice of private links, and I can see that I will be able to evolve, improve and increase my business with this software.

Pros

with the Covid19 impact and needing to change business practice to move intake forms, booking and consultations online, Acuity was recommended. I have previously used another Sytem, which served me well but unfortunately were and are still slow in adding the important and now necessary features I required to keep my business working. Acuity is ready and waiting for you to set everything up that you need, with fantastic helpful hints, easy to understand and use menus and formats. It has produced a small oasis of calm in a somewhat frazzled and stressful time for Therapy businesses. Thank you!

Cons

I couldn't find a way of importing my services that are already set up on my old booking system, it would make life even easier to be able to do this, rather than have to set up each service all over again, from scratch.

Sarah O. Sarah O.

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Fantastic for scheduling client meetings

Overall Acuity has been fantastic in multiple company settings. It doesn't have much of a learning curve to figure out how to work the back end, and I like the aesthetics of the calendar and appointment options on the front end. If you can handle the bill, Acuity is one of the best scheduling/appointment setting software I've used.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling has helped me in multiple jobs. When I worked for a Yearbook Photography company, we used it for students and schools to schedule Senior Portraits and other special photoshoots. It was great to be able to set up multiple schools with appointments in multiple locations. I have also used Acuity in a few other jobs where we need to schedule client meetings. The scheduling feature is easy for anyone to use, and helps take the appointment setting task off of our plates. It's easy to set up on the back-end and great to use from the front-end.

Cons

Acuity is a bit pricey, especially if you're using it for a small company. However, if you are scheduling a lot of appointments, the price is worth it because it'll save so much time. We have also dealt with a few glitches in the past which can be frustrating, but the issues were quickly solved by the fantastic Acuity tech team.

Kelli G. Kelli G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Amazing system but lacking some features

Overall we were initially excited by the options and features with Acuity and would have been proud ambassadors for it until, unfortunately, the lack of features above meant we had to choose another booking system.

Pros

The ease of use was great. The team helped to import my client and service lists which was a huge help and saved time.

Loved the coupon function which would allow us to put offers online for clients as and when.

The interface was aesthetically pleasing and modern.

Cons

The system lacks the option to shorten appointment lengths therefore allowing us to compact treatments and fit other clients in.

It also doesn't allow ourselves or clients to book multiple treatments at the same time. Huge drawback when trying to encourage clients to book more than one treatments per appointment.

Ovatu

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The fees charged by shedul/Fresha became very expensive and they lack some of the features that other systems offer.

Fresha

System aesthetics App
Tracey A. Tracey A.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

It might not be pretty

It took me a little while to figure out how to do things like "block" time out so people couldn't book, but I'm a wiz now. I found the user interface to be easier to navigate with the other scheduling apps I tried.

Pros

I officially launched my business this past month, I sent out an email campaign to my list that included a booking link so clients could pick their preferred time and date, even if it was a face-to-face or zoom call. I blocked off times and days I was unavailable and it off we went. All of my clients have begun booking their appointments and I've had zero complaints about usability. It made everything seamless and easy. I love that I have the iPhone app and the website to work from.

Cons

It's not really aesthetically pleasing. It would be better if the client's details were included in the header/subject line of the booking. I can't add a Zoom meeting link directly into that type of booking option, and that would save time and emails.

Zoe G. Zoe G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Acuity streamlines scheduling for salons

great, I would recommend to anyone in the beauty service industry!

Pros

this scheduling site is super easy to use and set up. It is customer friendly which drives more appointments that are client driven. I am trying to get away from manually scheduling appointments , and this site makes visiting our services so easy! Love being able to categorize all of our services and trainings.

Cons

the only part that I didn't like about the software is I am not technically savvy and still haven't figured out how to move from my old scheduling software vita, to acuity. my site was created with Wordpress.

Booksy and Schedulista

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

It was very confusing for clients .

PM Vitals

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling

I didn't like the app for booksy.
Felicia H. Felicia H.

Reviewed on 23/7/2021

If you don't currently use Acuity-You need it!!

Acuity is an amazing platform, if that one change of multi logins can be implemented, it would bring it to the ultimate booking software.

Pros

The whole software is easy to use, to set up. It's a very robust system.

Cons

The only thing I would add to Acuity is the ability to have multi login, especially for those who manage diaries for other clients, you don't want to have to keep logging out and logging into another account. The ability to toggle into different accounts would be amazing.

That's the only reason I use another provider for my other business