About PatientNow

patientNOW is a hybrid integrated Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) solution for aesthetic medical practices like plastic surgery, medical spas and cosmetic dermatology. The solution can be deployed...

All PatientNow Reviews Apply filters

Browse PatientNow Reviews

Mareena M. Mareena M.

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

WARNING!!!! Patient Now & Aesthetic Now are the same, fraudulent claims & terrible support

I would not recommend Patient Now, Aesthetic Now, RxPhoto, Payrix, or Crystalclear Marketing. They are scam artist and have the worst customer service and support staff. I am now switching over to Aesthetic Record, and unfortunately I have to set everything up again. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I would not want anyone else to go through what I went through.

Pros

Would not be able to state a pro since the company falsely advertises the EMR's capabilities and so far it has been nothing but a nightmare working with them.

Cons

Patient Now (PN)is merging with RX Photo and Crystal Clear Marketing to create Aesthetic Now (AN). But when they sold me on AN, they never mentioned that they were merging or that they are in the process of figuring things out. They are still advertising AN and PN as a system that can create packages, manage inventory, collect payment, do marketing, and so much more all for $414.00/month. I have been with them for about 6 months and they are still working on internal errors and software issues. The inventory management does not work and when I submit a ticket it goes to crystal clear marketing, but no one ever follows up with you. Rx photo is a photo software and they do the medical charting, but they are limited on their charting and have useless templets. So, I had to make my own. I also had to make my own consent forms and treatment directions. They use Payrix for processing payments and they are still working on fixing the glitches. I have reached out to Stephen M from Patient Now and CrystalClearMD since he is the one in charge. He and his colleagues are always out of the office or on vacation and I have to email them multiple times for them to get back to me (which is several weeks). Stephan calls and states that he will follow up with me weekly and will refund me 50% of my monthly fees, but they keep charging my account and refuse to pick up the phone, refuse to call me back in a timely manner (weeks), refuse to email back (weeks). I would not recommend these people.

Kim H. Kim H.

Reviewed on 20/9/2021

Keep looking

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

Josh S. Josh S.

PatientNow

Pros

Very well thought out and comprehensive software. PatientNow allows its users to perform all necessary functions for a medical practice.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about patient now

NexTech EMR & PM

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

Less costly while offering the same features and with an easier to use interface.

Top PatientNow Alternatives

Rachel R. Rachel R.

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Neil C. Neil C.

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Our experience with PatientNow for 7 years

Charting and record maintenance. Analysis of performance data.

Pros

Designed particular for esthetic surgery and medi spas. Very easy to set up and to use. Excellent tech support. Cloud storage eliminate the need for a local server and concerns of backup security. Easy to use at multiple sites.

Cons

Since transition to cloud storage, annual cost is higher. Still a good value.

NexTech EMR & PM

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Need for a esthetic friendly program.
Theo G. Theo G.

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Good product

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.

Stephanie D. Stephanie D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

PatientNow EMR System

I think PatientNow is a great option for practices wanting to implement a general EMR system that is easy for them to switch over from charts.

Pros

The EMR system was easy for a team that was just leaving charts, you can limit permissions for them so they can feel at ease navigating the system.

Cons

Support is a drawback. I often see updates that roll out and only learn about them after I see something new as I am using the system. Rarely do I get a live person to talk to when I want help and often get a ticket with a call 1-2 days later after I have figured things out on my own. Support is also not too helpful, if I ask them a question they will not always have the answer and tell me that something is not possible and then I learn on my own it was.

Louise C. Louise C.

Reviewed on 5/4/2021

Considering EMR system

It been a good experience they do provide a lot of webinars and help if you ask for it. It has been easy to work with PatientNow and there are helpful when you do reach out.

Pros

What I like about PatientNow is that it's an easy to use software and great features that can opt in for. Also, there is a new feature that I just recently tried was the CareCredit link directly in our software easy to use and it was quick and fast transactions VS logging into our CareCredit portal.

Cons

I feel at times that PatientNow can operate slow, we recently upgraded to the Icloud version to use some of their newer features that it provides. And in hopes that the software will be faster.

Hope S. Hope S.

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

DISHONEST AND DYSFUNCTIONAL. Do NOT downgrade to cloud based version until they fix big bugs!

I ran out of room above; but there are multiple other problems with PN and their support and capabilities. The report and data analysis are a joke--if you really want to know, for instance, how many of a specific surgery you book from a certain city or area code to know which of your ad campaigns are actually turning into booked cases you can not. If you want to know how many of a specific type of surgery you've done within a specific time period you have to just print all cases for that time period and count them yourself, and on and on.
As I write this my nurse is on the phone with a PN technician for what will literally be her 12th hour trying to solve the loss of scanning capability which accompanies the cloud base version we, and other PN clients, are being pushed into using. Yes, with every change or upgrade prior functions are typically lost, the techs completely BS us by saying that it is a fault of our office, or something our IT guy did, etc., before finally admitting (after two weeks of this crap) that other offices are all having this same issue.
This is absolutely standard operating procedure for PatientNow. They deny the problem for a while, we waste multiple hours trying to work around a technical issue ourselves with no help, I finally get angry and push it when what they are telling us makes no sense and finallly they admit that there is a problem on their end which they do not know how to fix; and do not know that they will ever fix.

Pros

My patient records are all currently stored in this EMR. That is the only pro. and the only reason we still have it.
Will likely be switching soon.

Cons

Multiple misrepresentations and technical issues. Will list just a few :
1. Before and afters are crucial to a cosmetic surgery practice. PN has multiple issues with photo management .I put in an "enhancement request" July 2015-still pending. Issues include: You can create a before/after montage but CAN'T SAVE IT. Yep. You have to screen shot, save to your desktop, and then import back into the chart. Second, the before/after you create is not in a form usable for your website, ads, soc media, etc. It has a crude border which separates the photos and the right and left borders have dotted lines and arrows on them. Finally, if you want to do a 3x3 grid instead of 1x1 or 2x2 the photos can not be put in any specific order so you can not really show "before" and "after".
PN salespeople are dishonest even if you pointedly ask a about a specific capability or if there are any extra charges, etc. PN administration will NOT back up what their salespeople promise and just tell you they don't know why you were told [fill in the blank].
Prime example: I thought long and hard before buying the software in 2012 and asked specifically if I would own the software, what kind of tech support I would have and whether there were ANY additional charges at all with the exception of add-ons discussed. Imagine my surprise when I was hit with a $5,000 annual "support fee" which has increased steadily in price since then.
3. Almost every capability they you would want is an additional charge.

Christine K. Christine K.

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Easy to use with a lot of features

Our staff is very happy with Patientnow. We have used it for several years now, and are still discovering ways to streamline our practice. Technical support staff from PatientNow are very nice and helpful, sometimes it is hard to get a hold of them, but they do respond back in a timely matter.

Pros

Patient now has lots of features, automated emails, inventory system and reporting that helps our practice run smoothly. We have multiple providers and we use Patientnow throughout the day. The dashboard is very user friendly, and it is easy to teach to our staff.

Cons

There are some limitations, and many add on packages that are not included. For the yearly price, it would be nice if all add ons were included.

Sam G. Sam G.

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Went from Server to Cloudbase

Over the years PatientNOW has really grown in the reports. Which very helpful. They are intergrating more and more which is a plus.

Pros

The software does a great job of capturing Patient info from contacts, scheduling, reports. It does what there company states Capture, Sustain, Grow! The New Features in the Cloud are way better then Server.

Cons

The communication is sometime slow or misleading. Cost more in operation then Server base. More internet and higher bill then Server clients.

Adriana V. Adriana V.

Patient Now Review

For what we need PN for, it's working. For more complex duties, reporting, etc, we may have to switch to another program, or continue to use other forms of reporting.

Pros

For the most part, it is user friendly. The ability to customize everything is great and the coloring is easy on the eyes.

Cons

Reporting overall is terrible. There are too many functions. More general options would possibly lead to better reporting. Not being able to use PN on an iPad or tablet is inconvenient. Especially when trying to go paperless.

Kyle Y. Kyle Y.

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

PatientNOW for a plastic surgery practice

Not using paper has been great. Communication between users has been helpful. Easy to pull reports and collect data on patients, marketing, etc.

Glitchy online portal and some basic note templates has been frustrating.

Pros

Designed towards cosmetic practices. Reports help track patients, referrals, and marketing efforts well. Relatively quick to complete charts.

Cons

Online patient portal is very glitchy. Some basic changes to templates should be easier to change. Billing software is difficult to use.

Tonya B. Tonya B.

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Amazing EMR

Amazing experience overall and one that I would recommend to anyone!

Pros

This system is great for a smaller business like mine or larger surgical practices like my husband's. The actual software is easy to use and easily learned by even new employees.

Cons

The constant updates can be frustrating as there are times that updates do not go through completely and then you have the system that is not running at peak speeds.

Anna B. Anna B.

Reviewed on 24/1/2018

PatientNow has a few glitches, like all of these platforms, but works for the basics.

Daily ease of use is appreciated.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and patient notes. We are easily able to scan in paper documents to e-charts and organize those once uploaded to a patient.

Cons

The reports are tricky. Our issues tend to stem from how the system was set up, then things changing and the change not occuring in PatientNow. Best advice is to set it up how you will always want it, otherwise it's very difficult change. Once you have historical data set up a certain way, you can't change gears.

Ethan P. Ethan P.

Reviewed on 15/9/2017

Patient Now functionality review

Be responsive. Get a cloud option promptly.

Pros

I like the reports I can run with the system for tracking and financial purposes. It is fairly straight forward to work in, as well.

Cons

It does not have a cloud option and is based on our server which takes up a lot of space. Also, the patient portal for patients is always giving us trouble. The plug-in for outlook isn't available with the new update and so we cannot update because that option is vital in our daily demands.

Jan S. Jan S.

Reviewed on 25/9/2018

Best software for Plastic Surgeons

Pros

Easy to use. Support and trainers are always helpful and available. The program is easily customized to our needs

Cons

Some restrictions with documents and layout can be frustrating. If we have a complicated issue it may take several days to get an answer back.

Dawn K. Dawn K.

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

I LIKE PATIENT NOW BUT IT IS ALWAYS A CHALLENGE TO GET A HOLD OF ANY REP

Pros

IT IS ABLE TO COMPETENTLY KEEP TRACK OF FOLLOWUP COMMUNICATION WITH PATIENTS

Cons

IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY, TAKES A WHILE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THE FUNCTIONS OF IT.

Tonya B. Tonya B.

Reviewed on 25/9/2018

My Patient Now

A+++ Positive

Pros

Ease of use. Many helpful features. Great Support.

Cons

Would be nice to have trainings in a format that they can be accessed at anytime.

Valerie B. Valerie B.

Reliable Service

overall experience is positive

Pros

Large platform with technicians that really know it

Cons

it is not easily integrated with other systems

Edrick C. Edrick C.

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Patient Now Review

Pros

The different features and options with the patients and the marketing aspects.

Cons

A little out dated and sometimes slow when it comes to searching history photos.

Erika S. Erika S.

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Medical Spa

Pros

Easy to navigate between tabs and user friendly.

Cons

Refunds and ability to link to outside clover system. batch emails very confusing to navigate

Michelle W. Michelle W.

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Patient now has a great support service. The support specialists are very nice and helpful

I think patient now is will to always work with you and help as much as they can to make the software work for their customer. The chart info has been very difficult to move into the patient now from another software. They have not been in very good communication with us

Pros

They have some features that make things easy for the patient demographic we have.
We like the texting features

Cons

We have had trouble integrating the software from an old software They have not communicated the issue very well and Touch MD is not integrated yet so that has made things challenging

Dr kathy D. Dr kathy D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/10/2021

Laser medical condition

Extremely annoying where not to look for help. Medical situation.

Pros

Finding medication to filled cosmetic laser issues problem.

Cons

Hard time not finding cosmetic laser physician right away.

Parag D. Parag D.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Do your research!

Pros

Marketing pitch was well put together. The onboarding team was responsive.

Cons

Operationally inefficient system that did not connect with my practice needs.