JobNimbus Reviews

About JobNimbus

JobNimbus is a CRM and project management software wrapped up in one application. The platform is an end-to-end solution designed to help contractors (roofing and construction professionals) streamline their communication and...

Browse JobNimbus Reviews

Jason
Jason

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

I have been using JobNimbus for a few years and am very happy with the service, price, and...

Pros

Support, and that they are striving to make the product better. The automation feauture is great, saves a lot of time.

Cons

If you lower your users you have to change the subcription separately. Some learning curve on the system.

Response from JobNimbus

Jason, thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience. We love that some of our favorite features have been useful, and thank you for noticing our keen interest in improving the experience each day. That is our goal, and in that spirit, if you've run into any roadblocks as far as users or subscription settings, we're standing by to help at [email protected] or (855) 964-6287. We'd also love to help troubleshoot custom solutions or training options if that would be useful. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Training Manager Ronnie Smith at [email protected]. Thanks for being part of the family!

Alex

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

JobNimbus, simple but powerful CRM

A great experience overall, I've been able to synchronize other software that the company works with seamlessly and without issues.

Pros

JobNimbus is easy to implement and it has integrations with much other software out there, I have been able to integrate with Leap, CompanyCam, Quickbooks, etc.

Cons

The pipeline management is not that fluid, it's still a work in progress. Another thing is that the Support is not that good sometimes.

Salesforce Service Cloud, AccuLynx and Leap

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Mostly because Acculynx was not robust enough or fully compatible with all the software we were trying to integrate to.

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

It was the most "economic" one and compatible with all the software that we were currently using.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Replied 18/5/2021
Jose
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

JobNimbus is budget software with many bugs. Sign up to be guinea pig!

Ive used JobNimbus overall for a year- I still continue to use it because Ive already set it up and transferred my sales force over here. The customer support is quick to help when you need it on anything simple. Anything over low level complexity is not going to get fixed and you'll have to deal with it. Some issues I have, if you are in an area with reception issues, you will have zero ability to pull up contact details or address. You better make sure you have the right information before you go to these job sites. No notes, no phone number, nothing will be available. The downtime, there's lots of it. Enough that if you're in the middle of typing up a long estimate with lots of details notes and pictures, if anything crashes you LOSE ALL YOUR DATA. Remember back in the day before autosave? Kids lose term papers and everything. Well job nimbu does you worse than that. You'll lose entire sets of work you did if the system goes down or you have an internet issue. The other HUGE ISSUE i have is that the software constantly prints a SECOND PAGE on estimates an invoices for customers and subcontractors. Their software was written by third world countries (probably the same guy who wrote the Boeing airplane trim level software) If you write too many lines it will kick a blank second page out. So you print this, it prints two pages. You send it to a client, it sends them a two page PDF, which the second is blank. Its unprofessional. For the last year the company has said, just mak

Pros

The software works overall to manage many different areas of your business. However, it does none of them well. It does a good job of keeping everything in one place but what good is that if it still has lots of bugs that the company refuses to fix?

Cons

BUGS! Lots of Bugs!!! No offline version. This is a cloud software. It routinely goes down and locks you out of your customer data and job information. If you are doing jobs in rural areas or areas that lack reception you will be unable to access your job nimbus in ANY capacity. The other HUGE ISSUE i have is that the software constantly prints a SECOND PAGE on estimates an invoices for customers and subcontractors. Their software was written by third world countries (probably the same guy who wrote the Boeing airplane trim level software) If you write too many lines it will kick a blank second page out. So you print this, it prints two pages. You send it to a client, it sends them a two page PDF, which the second is blank. Its unprofessional. For the last year the company has said, just make it print one page. Well even if you do that, it still says 1 of 2 pages and the customer asks you where the second page is. They want to know what it says on the second page before they approve an $40,000 estimate.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Jose,

The issue with the estimate on two pages should be resolved now.

Thank you for your feedback we will take it into account.

JobNimbus.

Replied 25/1/2023

Top JobNimbus Alternatives

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Dc’s Contracting LLC JobNimbus Review

Overall I love the product and I am glad it is linked with other products to make running a business so seamless.

Pros

The efficiency, ease of customization, integrations make operations more fluent. The overall functionality and details built in helps my business tremendously keep organized.

Cons

At first I did not like how I was unable to know if emailed invoices, estimates, etc were delivered or opened by the end recipient.
After communicating the issue to tech support it was resolved a while after.

Other than that I would like to see a “select all” or “multiple select” feature for pictures after attached to custom file where a mass delete can be done.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

It is linked with beacon who I worked for and now do business with so with that integration alone helps out a lot not having to double the work when estimating and ordering roofing materials. Also, as a contractor the overall set up, functionality, and options are more suitable for out type of business/ industry.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, David!

If you haven't already done so, please submit these ideas to jobnimbus.uservoice.com so we can make sure our dev team can consider those as they build out new features and improvements. Thank you!

Replied 19/11/2019
Angel

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Simple, Affordable and Easy

I don’t feel the need to look for other systems. This one has all I need and I can easily look past some quirks

Pros

Simple to set up
Quick
Always improving
Easy to navigate
Easy to teach others

Cons

Need easier integration with Quick Books
Sending emails is not user friendly
Reports could be easier to set up and use
Some naming of sections are not intuitive

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Jobber has too Many restrictions for what I need.

Jobber

Cost

Reviewed on 23/9/2019

Excellent CRM Company and More!!!

Jobnimbus has saved me a lot of time with homeowners when I am needing to sign a homeowner up.

Pros

Jobnimbus makes it extremely easy to add contacts, write estimates and convert them to invoices or work orders and then to email them to you customers.

Cons

I am unable to remove the price totals from the current system which makes the customer see a really large number when you are giving a good, better or best type estimate.

Started my own company.

Dataforma

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Other roofers told me this one was better even with the flaws it does have.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, John! We're glad JobNimbus is help you out!

We have a "Good, Better, Best" system on our radar and want to build it as soon as we can. If you haven't already done so, please vote on this idea at jobnimbus.uservoice.com to help move it forward in our development queue. Thank you!

Replied 1/10/2019
Brad

Reviewed on 5/9/2023

Keep developing...needs improvement but great tool.

Great so far

Pros

Ease of use and ability to manage information is going to correct people in our organization

Cons

Tasks on a timeline/visibility for one assigning it.

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Ease of implementation and usage. Have a lot of old field employees moving into different roles that have no experience working on a computer and this is/was so simple it was easy for everyone to learn.

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Great tool

It has been great the team is great and working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
has been a blessing.

Pros

The ability to track everything and pull reports on everything. Tracking clients, AR, job source and where we are at with the job we are currently working on.

Cons

It was a little confusing to get set up but other than that I like the functionality of it. App needs a little work but that is expected with updates etc and nothing is perfect.

AccuLynx and Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Because of the customizability and price and their team was more than willing to help.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Paul!

Replied 2/12/2019
Melinda

Reviewed on 15/1/2020

Job Nimbus brings staff together

Solving the issue of who is doing which tasks and when they are completed. Also having the client information readily accessible is great. Love the note section so everyone knows what is going on with a client or a job

Pros

Everyone knows their tasks when they need to. The software is very easy to use. Everything we need is in one place

Cons

I havn't really found anything yet. Some staff say it would be nice to have an estimating part and/or an invoicing part

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Buildertrend cost more and was a bit confusing

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Melinda, we are so glad you are finding JobNimbus so helpful. Thank you for your review!

Replied 22/1/2020
Tyler

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Happy Customer

Pros

Provides an easy and effective way to streamline your business to be the most productive and efficient as possible .

Cons

No cons at this time, it may take some time to get everything setup but once you have your workflow everything falls into place.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Needed a CRM that would help streamline and manage company.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

JobNimbus was more geared toward our needs and works well with our other suppliers and integrations.
mark

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

A guy who needs everything to be simple

8-10 cant bitch too much

Pros

the integration of pictures & the way the initial estimate can "create" more documents that we use. the uniformity is great.
I live the estimate process software... I'm always busy and i can prepare a quote very quickly

Cons

I absolutely hate how difficult it is to actually set the date and time for a lead appointment with the mobile app. It sucks.... the way you select the date and time is really a pain in the ass.. try it you'll see what I mean

Richie

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Helps organize customers per need and service

Organization. Knowing where we are with each customer. Example: Customer was sent an estimate through email from Job Nimbus. The program records the actual estimate, when it was sent and price. Customer calls looking for an estimate and we have an answer for the customer. Job Nimbus also provides a pop up list while typing partial information which is helpful at times. Example receiving a check in the mail from realtor which usually has no info from actual address or customer but invoice # is provided. Job Nimbus allows you to type in just the invoice number or just the address, or partial name to find the job. I am so thankful for this program and would highly recommend it to anyone with a high volume of customers to stay organized.

Pros

This program organizes customers point of service from lead to paid and closed. Job Nimbus keeps track of payments and allows notes to be put on each customers profile. It also allows pictures and notes to be shared by email to the customer-providing a record for both the company and customer.
We work with a lot of realtors-Job Nimbus allows us to list different jobs under the same name to keep order to the many properties they service. I find Job Nimbus to be user friendly. It saves templates for estimates and allows changes to be made when needed for specifics per customer. It keeps track of accounts receivables, the age of opened account, it shows categories of work in progress, and work that needs scheduling . We have become more efficient as a company since we've started using Job Nimbus.

Cons

After taking payment or clicking into anything in the financial section of the program, you always have to refresh the account. The program does not allow you to make multiple payments unless you refresh and go out of it.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks for your review, Richie!

I wasn't aware of this refreshing issue on the financials area. Have you reached out to our support team on this? If not, please send the details of what you're experiencing to [email protected] and they'll investigate to see what can be done.

Replied 12/11/2019
William
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

I like JobNimbus so much that I depend on it for my entire business! Great easy-to-use program.

JobNimbus has optimized my business and allowed me to bring in all my leads from various sources into ONE SINGLE PROGRAM that can report to the desktop version of Quickbooks or the online version of Quickbooks (our main accounting software). This is HUGE for my business and I intend on using this product for many years to come!

Pros

-Easy to use
-Friendly staff
-Ability to track all customers, products, services, etc.
-Able to add Spotio leads directly into program
-Open programming allows for flexibility and customization
-Customized documents for customers
-Calendar program that implements to Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.
-App available for mobile access
-Superior reporting features for managers
-Low cost to add additional team members

Cons

-Every time I call them, it takes days for me to get a response (if ever). Granted, the online help videos are quite useful, but I expect a response when I have questions.
-Training tutorial is a bit steep for the product. Worth it, but expensive.
-Document designer is lacking customization... needs improvement and/or additional document design programs. (Side note: current document designer add-on is horrible.)
-No route planning/mapping software which would make this the ultimate program...
-Too attached to the roofing industry still. Works fine for other industries, but its obviously tailored to the roofing industry.

Response from JobNimbus

William, thank you for your considerate and honest feedback. We love serving customers like you, and we definitely regret that you have waited to hear back from us. This is very helpful feedback, we've notified Support, and we will study this to make sure our intended availability is true to customer experience. We know you have a lot going on, and we want to be available for your questions. Thank you for the feedback on pricing as well. We strive to keep everything affordable, from our low monthly user prices to our optional world-class training. Most of all, thank you for your time, and please know we love having you in the JobNimbus family!

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Overall solid, but real opportunity to be excellent

Great people. On the right track. Need to HYPERdrive the next 12 months. I would recommend outside investor if cashflow is an issue to begin solving the long list of requests given by users.

Pros

Ease of use and monthly fee. Good value for the spend

Cons

1. Estimating needs work ... integration with 3rd party might be best
2. App can be glitchy
3. support is pretty weak .... can almost never get anyone on the phone. When you do, often get conflicting answers
4. Sales reporting needs a lot of help - ROI, individual sales reporting, goals etc. Should integrate with a ZOHO or similar
5. Financing needs built in
6. Needs integrated with ABC asap!
7. No real demo tools at all
8. Digital signature needed.
9. No real contract tools

Response from JobNimbus

Daniel, thank you so much for the detailed review! I'll try to address each point:

1. Estimating is getting some work already, but we'd love to know the specifics that you're having troubles with so we can be sure to address them!

2. App updates are coming!

3. Support team is growing and building efficiencies, so you should see big improvements soon!

4. Sales reports are on our roadmap for this year, stay tuned!

5. We're in talks with some financing companies and hope to bring solutions in the near future.

6. We're focused on building out an awesome supplier experience with Beacon right now. We will definitely let you know if we're able to integrate other suppliers when the time comes.

7. We just integrated with Leap to Digital, which might help with demo tools.

8. Signatures are on our list to improve very soon.

9. We're integrated with naturalForms and looking at other solutions to meet your needs.

Dev team is working non-stop for you, stay tuned!

Replied 9/4/2019
Waleed

Reviewed on 19/2/2022

An easy-to-use application for organizing all records, appropriate for all corporate purposes

JobNimbus lets the organization to handle supply chains, sales, and warehouse activities efficiently and correctly. JobNimbus reports can also be used to prepare accounting and tax records. JobNimbus has helped organizations get rid of vast amounts of paperwork that used to burden salesmen and accountants. With JobNimbus, all client records, data, and orders are safe, and preparing sales reports and tax records has become much easier.

Pros

All firms need JobNimbus to organize the process of providing their own documents, especially receipts and receipt vouchers. With JobNimbus, the company will have an integrated system that contains all records and papers, eliminating the need for vast amounts of paper records and the hassle of archiving them, especially because organizations have many paper forms that require extensive checking and searching for. One of JobNimbus's most notable features is its ready-made templates, which allow you to create custom invoices in the company's name and use the same format for all customers. She has the need. Its reports and analyses will help you arrange your finances and prepare budgets efficiently.

Cons

JobNimbus is simple to use and helps the company eliminate significant volumes of paperwork and records. JobNimbus has an incredible interface, it is really easy to operate, and the company reps can handle it promptly.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Waleed,

Thank you for the feedback!

-JobNimbus

Replied 17/1/2023
Brandon

Reviewed on 11/1/2017

Great program, easy to use, awesome support team, and constantly improving!

We are one of those companies that started with pen and paper alone. As our business grew, we started falling behind because we spent so much time doing what is now accomplished with JobNimbus. This program is absolutely a game changer for us. It brings almost every aspect of our company into one place. Everything in a customer file (or any other "contact type") becomes searchable by nearly any piece of information pertaining to that contact. Any number of contacts can be made "related", making all correspondence between related parties available in one spot. That includes contact information, emails (yes, emails!), attachments, estimates, invoices, budgets, material orders, etc. The way that the estimate/invoice/material order system is set up allows you to create separate templates for quick, easy, and all inclusive documents. You can even create different price lists for different suppliers and/or locations. They eliminate the need to write multiples of the same information (i.e. you can turn an estimate into an invoice, material order, or work order). Work orders can be assigned to any sub-contractor and placed onto a board that is categorized into a workflow that you can completely customize by whatever steps of the job your company has. It's extremely versatile in that regard, and once you determine how you want your workflow to operate it is very functional. You can use the budget feature to track costs on a job and calculate commissions. I could spend all day ranting about all the features that JobNimbus offers, but it boils down to this: JobNimbus offers tremendous value to your company. One more note about their support and development team. I had a TON of questions during the implementing of JobNimbus into our company and was on the phone with support a LOT. They were always very accommodating and patient with me, providing me with answers and resources at every turn. Over the course of the past few months alone, there have been MANY updates, both web version, and mobile app. They have a great feedback section on their website and they DO listen to user input. I am excited to see how far they will go from here and have enjoyed watching them grow into an industry leader.

Pros

Several integrations with major programs (EagleView, Quickbooks, Sales Rabbit, naturalForms, Accurence)
Mobile App
E-mail integration
Low cost
Ability to create custom reports to help your business monitor

Cons

There are no cons.

Matt

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Just use JobNimbus

Excellent. Just get set up & use this CRM. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Love the support & options to make this fit exactly what we want.

Cons

A few little tweaks, but the support staff is aware & working on them. Thank you.

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

More robust. More what we needed.

Microsoft Excel

usability

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Matt!

Replied 11/10/2019

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Almost there...

This has helped us track our project exponentially better...as long as everyone enters the data.

Pros

I love the ability to track communications and all files for a client through the project lifecycle. Especially when it is paired with Company Cam for tracking changes/photos.

Cons

I would love to see this integrate with .xls document exporting better. It would be an amazing step if I could export an estimate or Invoice into an excel format for further breakdown and project tracking. This would in turn give much better opportunity for profitability and ease of use. As of now, I have to double enter everything OR use a completely different estimating suite....which I would rather not do.

Buildertrend and CoConstruct

Most bang for the buck.
Eric
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Good program as long as every person in the company is devoted to using it.

Pros

The best part of the program is the job board section. It comes in handy for every department in the company. Each employee can see where a job stands and you can set notifications, so they will know about a job they need to pay attention to. Being able to import customers from previous CRMs is great. It means you won't have to do a lot of data entry of past customers to catch up your Job Nimbus database.

Cons

The only downfall, which really isn't the fault of the program at all, is if one person doesn't update a job along the way, the job could get lost. To make Job Nimbus a successful CRM in your company, every employee needs to use it every step of the way. An example is if your production manager forgets/fails to update a job as complete, the accountant would never know they are supposed to bill the customer. I'm sure there would be a workaround, but we ended up deciding it wasn't worth using this program because some employees would skip crucial steps, resulting in jobs getting lost.

Response from JobNimbus

Eric, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We love hearing about how some of our favorite features worked well for your team. It sounds like you ran into some issues around human error among your team, and we're wondering if using Days in Status on our Boards view might help. Also, additional automation and customization may help. Our team would love the opportunity to help you troubleshoot that. At your convenience, please contact our manager Ronnie Smith at [email protected]. We want to help your team get the right solution for what you're doing!

Samantha

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

Thank You JobNimbus!

This is has been a great tool to keep track of projects and to track my employees. Thank you!

Pros

I loved that it is SO user friendly. This is very important to me as I have some team members who are a bit dated in their usage of computers and software. This is very user friendly and easy to maneuver. I love how you guys are constantly updating, there are many ideas floating out there and since you are listening to them and doing what you say, its a huge incentive to stick with you. You're not afraid to grow and we love that.

Cons

It's difficult to get someone on the phone to help. I honestly don't have the patience or time to wait for emails all the time. I need help and a response immediately, so having a call service that is immediate response would be VERY beneficial. Please keep our ( the consumers) wishes in mind for more growth. I am YEARNING for the capability to edit my font in the email platform and to be able to add a second email.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks so much, Samantha! We're so happy JobNimbus has been a great tool, and we're glad most of all that you know we're listening and always tryin to add value to your workflow.

You'll be pleased to hear that our support team is working on some big initiatives to tackle those wait times. We've had a ton of growth so they're working to handle that volume and have some new ideas coming soon which should make them much easier to get ahold of! Please keep trying when you need help and each time should get better and better.

Replied 25/4/2019
Heather

Reviewed on 13/5/2021

JobNimbus Keeps Us Organized

It is amazing to go from the folder world to having all of the information electronic. We still keep folders but the need to keep them over time will diminish the more years that we use the Nimbus. Also with the Nimbus being able to be accessed from the jobsites if something is left at the office it is able to be retrieved.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use. The app is good for looking up information on the go and uploading job photos as the salesman is on the job. The invoices and forms are very professional looking.

Cons

There are lots of places to do the same thing which can get confusing from time to time especially new users. I know it is not accounting software, but it would be nice to be able to send an invoice off of the Nimbus with payment options that would integrate with QuickBooks. The invoices generated from Nimbus are much nicer than those from QB, but because the ability to do that is not integrated we are forced to send online invoices from QB.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Heather,

We appreciate the review, thank you for your time.

Replied 18/5/2021
Brenda

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Easy to use software

Creating reports is awesome. We can get our information immediately and understand the state of our company and to know what decisions to make.

Pros

User-friendly, easy to use and to teach people how to use it.
Reports

Cons

Don't like how the notes don't follow a thread. Each time that someone replies to a note it goes to the top instead of under the note that they are replying to. This is annoying because there can be 10 notes between the note you are replying to and your reply so following is confusing.

Jim

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Nimbus

Tracking our customers better than pencil and paper.

Pros

Ease of use and easy to get team members trained on it

Cons

When sending estimates and invoices to customers the system does not allow the sending of a custom email message. One has to select from templates and for our remodeling business, these change daily. A work around that we use is; we send the estimate to our email, then we customize it to fit the situation then email if from there. We have learned that out customers do not recognize the jobnimbus email address and sometimes discard it.

Quickbooks does an amazing job at allowing COMPLETE customization of an email when sending estimates or invoices.

Joshua

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

Jobnimbus helps us accomplish vital tasks every day

Pros

We've been using Jobnimbus for about 3 years now and the built in functionality with payments, Quickbooks and job tracking have made our lives so much easier. All photos and documents get uploaded directly from our phones out in the field for sales and invoicing made simple.

Cons

No functionality for e-signatures... Like, we can let customers pay their bills right thought a huge green button on the email, why not have a huge blue button saying "approve estimate." Make it easy for people to say yes to us, then store that on the cloud with everything else...

Response from JobNimbus

Hey Joshua! So glad JobNimbus has been able to help you do some pretty important stuff in your day. We want to keep making that happen, and approving/signing estimates is one of the ways we want to help better.

While you can get your estimates signed directly on our mobile app, the e-signature experience is lacking and our dev team is working to take that experience up a notch. Stay on the lookout for updates to the mobile app and web experience!

Replied 2/4/2019
Ahmed

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

The best tool for partnerships to perfectly organize invoices and customer records

JobNimbus has helped companies get rid of large amounts of paperwork and records that used to be tiring salespeople and accountants with sorting and keeping them. With JobNimbus we no longer need that, as all customer records, data and orders are kept in a safe place, in addition to that, preparing sales reports and tax records has become much easier.

Pros

The most part I love about JobNimbus is the ready-made templates that it provides, which gives you the ability to issue custom invoices in the name of the company and has the same format for all customers, and I also like how all data is stored in the system and how to extract reports and budgets with ease and in an organized manner.
With JobNimbus, you will have an integrated system that contains all records and documents and eliminates the need to prepare and store many forms that are difficult to understand and find when needed.

Cons

Everything in JobNimbus is organized as required, there is nothing unwanted to mention, JobNimbus has an amazing interface, it is very easy to handle, and the company reps can handle it efficiently.