About JobNimbus

JobNimbus is a CRM and project management software wrapped up in one application. The platform is an end-to-end solution designed to help contractors (roofing and construction professionals) streamline their communication and...

Browse JobNimbus Reviews

Jason

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

I have been using JobNimbus for a few years and am very happy with the service, price, and...

Pros

Support, and that they are striving to make the product better. The automation feauture is great, saves a lot of time.

Cons

If you lower your users you have to change the subcription separately. Some learning curve on the system.

Response from JobNimbus

Jason, thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience. We love that some of our favorite features have been useful, and thank you for noticing our keen interest in improving the experience each day. That is our goal, and in that spirit, if you've run into any roadblocks as far as users or subscription settings, we're standing by to help at [email protected] or (855) 964-6287. We'd also love to help troubleshoot custom solutions or training options if that would be useful. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Training Manager Ronnie Smith at [email protected] Thanks for being part of the family!

Replied 26/3/2018
wayne

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

ReHome Review

Overall, we are pretty happy with it. We will continue to use it and build it out. So far, JobNimbus staff seems really eager to listen to the needs of their customers and work toward solutions. That is a big plus for us. We don't mind growing with the software as long as it is continually improving.

Pros

Ease of Use. JN has most of the features that we need as a remodeling company. Good support if we run into something we need assistance with.

Cons

Phone app needs to be a little more robust. Need to be able to see contacts in board view in the phone app and be able to navigate from that view. This is a huge disadvantage when working on the go. With large number of products it would be much easier to find contact in the appropriate workflow- filtering is too cumbersome.

Jose
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

JobNimbus is budget software with many bugs. Sign up to be guinea pig!

Ive used JobNimbus overall for a year- I still continue to use it because Ive already set it up and transferred my sales force over here. The customer support is quick to help when you need it on anything simple. Anything over low level complexity is not going to get fixed and you'll have to deal with it. Some issues I have, if you are in an area with reception issues, you will have zero ability to pull up contact details or address. You better make sure you have the right information before you go to these job sites. No notes, no phone number, nothing will be available. The downtime, there's lots of it. Enough that if you're in the middle of typing up a long estimate with lots of details notes and pictures, if anything crashes you LOSE ALL YOUR DATA. Remember back in the day before autosave? Kids lose term papers and everything. Well job nimbu does you worse than that. You'll lose entire sets of work you did if the system goes down or you have an internet issue. The other HUGE ISSUE i have is that the software constantly prints a SECOND PAGE on estimates an invoices for customers and subcontractors. Their software was written by third world countries (probably the same guy who wrote the Boeing airplane trim level software) If you write too many lines it will kick a blank second page out. So you print this, it prints two pages. You send it to a client, it sends them a two page PDF, which the second is blank. Its unprofessional. For the last year the company has said, just mak

Pros

The software works overall to manage many different areas of your business. However, it does none of them well. It does a good job of keeping everything in one place but what good is that if it still has lots of bugs that the company refuses to fix?

Cons

BUGS! Lots of Bugs!!! No offline version. This is a cloud software. It routinely goes down and locks you out of your customer data and job information. If you are doing jobs in rural areas or areas that lack reception you will be unable to access your job nimbus in ANY capacity. The other HUGE ISSUE i have is that the software constantly prints a SECOND PAGE on estimates an invoices for customers and subcontractors. Their software was written by third world countries (probably the same guy who wrote the Boeing airplane trim level software) If you write too many lines it will kick a blank second page out. So you print this, it prints two pages. You send it to a client, it sends them a two page PDF, which the second is blank. Its unprofessional. For the last year the company has said, just make it print one page. Well even if you do that, it still says 1 of 2 pages and the customer asks you where the second page is. They want to know what it says on the second page before they approve an $40,000 estimate.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Jose,

The issue with the estimate on two pages should be resolved now.

Thank you for your feedback we will take it into account.

JobNimbus.

Replied 25/1/2023

Top JobNimbus Alternatives

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

JobNimbus: A CRM And More For The Modern Contractor

JobNimbus allows my company to run more efficiently, with powerful tools for analytics and customer tracking. Every person in the administrative team in my company uses it every day, with no major complaints or issues. The customer service is excellent and there is a lot of content online published by JobNimbus in order to make the admittedly steep learning curve feel a lot better.

Pros

JobNimbus strikes a good balance between user-friendliness and power. While initially, the software can be overwhelming, it is easy to learn after spending a few minutes to really get to know the program. Additionally, there are training resources available online which make the process even easier. This means that you are able to use the extremely powerful tools that JobNimbus offers after a few hours of training and working around in the software. It allows you to do everything that you would want a CRM software to do, and then some. Additionally, there is a sales pipeline functionality that I personally don't use, but our sales team does, and it allows them to stay on top of every incoming lead.

Cons

There are several areas that are still (to the best of my knowledge) in development, including integrations with other apps - specifically Zapier. Zapier is an essential integration, and as of the time of writing, JobNimbus does support it - just not with custom fields. I believe that this is a big missing feature, and the only significant issue I find with the program.

Response from JobNimbus

Thank you so much for your response, we will consider your feedback.

Replied 17/1/2023
Gary

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Work order and sub-contractor management.

Pros

Overall it is pretty simple to use. I 've actually figured out some of the support issues that your support team couldn't figure out. Also figured out a couple of work arounds to make the system more useful for my company.

Cons

Your sections in the estimate templates. Currently I click on the section link to create the section but I then open up my notepad to enter the description so I can see the entire thing in order to proof read it. I then copy and paste it into the description field.

Workiz and FieldPulse

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Automations, work order and sub-contractor management

Tradify

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Although the other products had some features that JobNimbus doesn't they also lack some of functionality that JobNimbus provides. So JobNimbus won.

Response from JobNimbus

Thank you, Gary!

For those Estimate line item Descriptions, you can actually drag those fields to make them bigger. Just click the little lines at the bottom right of the field to expand each one as necessary.

Our support team can help guide you if you need additional assistance, and we hope to make these auto-expand in the future, as well!

Replied 6/11/2019

Reviewed on 23/9/2019

Excellent CRM Company and More!!!

Jobnimbus has saved me a lot of time with homeowners when I am needing to sign a homeowner up.

Pros

Jobnimbus makes it extremely easy to add contacts, write estimates and convert them to invoices or work orders and then to email them to you customers.

Cons

I am unable to remove the price totals from the current system which makes the customer see a really large number when you are giving a good, better or best type estimate.

AccuLynx

Started my own company.

Dataforma

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Other roofers told me this one was better even with the flaws it does have.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, John! We're glad JobNimbus is help you out!

We have a "Good, Better, Best" system on our radar and want to build it as soon as we can. If you haven't already done so, please vote on this idea at jobnimbus.uservoice.com to help move it forward in our development queue. Thank you!

Replied 1/10/2019

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Great tool

It has been great the team is great and working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
has been a blessing.

Pros

The ability to track everything and pull reports on everything. Tracking clients, AR, job source and where we are at with the job we are currently working on.

Cons

It was a little confusing to get set up but other than that I like the functionality of it. App needs a little work but that is expected with updates etc and nothing is perfect.

AccuLynx and Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Because of the customizability and price and their team was more than willing to help.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Paul!

Replied 2/12/2019
Melinda

Reviewed on 15/1/2020

Job Nimbus brings staff together

Solving the issue of who is doing which tasks and when they are completed. Also having the client information readily accessible is great. Love the note section so everyone knows what is going on with a client or a job

Pros

Everyone knows their tasks when they need to. The software is very easy to use. Everything we need is in one place

Cons

I havn't really found anything yet. Some staff say it would be nice to have an estimating part and/or an invoicing part

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Buildertrend cost more and was a bit confusing

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Melinda, we are so glad you are finding JobNimbus so helpful. Thank you for your review!

Replied 22/1/2020
Tyler

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Happy Customer

Pros

Provides an easy and effective way to streamline your business to be the most productive and efficient as possible .

Cons

No cons at this time, it may take some time to get everything setup but once you have your workflow everything falls into place.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Needed a CRM that would help streamline and manage company.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

JobNimbus was more geared toward our needs and works well with our other suppliers and integrations.
Tom

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

JobNimbus Review

It is a CRM that is specifically suited to what we do.

Pros

The ability to phone, text, email, and note from the app and see an immediate upload to the web version. Great way to document the communication flow with a client.

Cons

Nothing of any consequence. Keep up the great work.

Response from JobNimbus

We are glad you are finding JobNimbus so helpful!

Replied 3/1/2020
JIm

Great job tracking functions

Prior to using any sort of job management software, we created proposals in word and invoices in excel. This made for double data entry, clerical errors, and invoices going unpaid due to inability to easily track progress.

Pros

The ability to quickly and easily create, modify, send, and track estimates and invoices. There are a TON of other functions that our office does not make the best use of, but it's nice to know they are there if we decided to change our procedures.

Cons

I'd like the ability to further customize the estimates and invoices general templates. The way the items lay out on the page isn't always ideal. Also being able to change font, bold or underline within an item description would be great.

Kate

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

JobNimbus--An app with heart and great potential

Pros

The best thing about JobNimbus is the staff behind it. The customer service is outstanding. They listen, have common sense and follow-through. They set reminders and get back to you even it it's a lengthy matter. Because of this, JobNimbus can't help but succeed. As far as the app goes, we love the way it syncs with our sales reps mobile phones in the field.

Cons

Our company does not take advantage of the capability of syncing with Quickbooks. Because of this, many automations that would be available because of the syncing are not. As a result, I have to do a lot of manual status updates. I've run into several bugs which staff has quickly addressed.

mark

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

A guy who needs everything to be simple

8-10 cant bitch too much

Pros

the integration of pictures & the way the initial estimate can "create" more documents that we use. the uniformity is great.
I live the estimate process software... I'm always busy and i can prepare a quote very quickly

Cons

I absolutely hate how difficult it is to actually set the date and time for a lead appointment with the mobile app. It sucks.... the way you select the date and time is really a pain in the ass.. try it you'll see what I mean

Blaine

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

I am very happy with my decision to use and implement JobNimbus into my company

The best benefit is better oversight of everything going on in the entire company, and making sure that nothing falls through the cracks. It completely eliminates the communication mishaps that occur when you are handling lots of jobs.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and flexible. You can make it do whatever you need or want it it. After learning the software, it is very easy to use. I would recommend to anyone considering the program to go ahead and get the training. That made a huge difference for me and my staff. We tried going without the training at first and I did not feel that we were using all the capabilities, and we struggled to implement the software fully. After the training, it was a complete difference. We had a excited staff who saw the value in all it could do and completely bought into keeping it current and updated, which is the key to its usefulness. The trainer was excellent at quickly teaching everyone and showing how easy and helpful the software actually is. He was terrific- very knowledgeable, professional, and experienced with both the software and teaching it.

Cons

You can't zoom into the pictures that you take without a few extra steps that are a pain, and you can't view them easily when you want to show a customer a particular photo. I feel like the mobile app has glitches that can be frustrating but its nothing too crazy. I recommend using the desktop version on a tablet when your in the field and that resolves all of the problems I deal with using the mobile app.

I thought it was a little difficult to learn to use without the training. After the training it was a breeze. I cannot stress enough the importance of the training if you are inexperienced with a CRM.

Response from JobNimbus

Blaine, so glad to hear JobNimbus has been a net positive for you and your team. It's wonderful to know that your day-to-day hasn't been interrupted by the issues mentioned, and we do try to minimize those, but this feedback gives us even more insight into how the app and desktop versions have worked best for you. Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working toward these improvements and will notify customers when they are available. Also, on behalf of our Training Manager Ronnie Smith, thank you for the kind words about our training program. We aim to deliver world-class training, because we know you're busy! Thanks again for making our day.

Replied 26/3/2018
Waleed

Reviewed on 19/2/2022

An easy-to-use application for organizing all records, appropriate for all corporate purposes

JobNimbus lets the organization to handle supply chains, sales, and warehouse activities efficiently and correctly. JobNimbus reports can also be used to prepare accounting and tax records. JobNimbus has helped organizations get rid of vast amounts of paperwork that used to burden salesmen and accountants. With JobNimbus, all client records, data, and orders are safe, and preparing sales reports and tax records has become much easier.

Pros

All firms need JobNimbus to organize the process of providing their own documents, especially receipts and receipt vouchers. With JobNimbus, the company will have an integrated system that contains all records and papers, eliminating the need for vast amounts of paper records and the hassle of archiving them, especially because organizations have many paper forms that require extensive checking and searching for. One of JobNimbus's most notable features is its ready-made templates, which allow you to create custom invoices in the company's name and use the same format for all customers. She has the need. Its reports and analyses will help you arrange your finances and prepare budgets efficiently.

Cons

JobNimbus is simple to use and helps the company eliminate significant volumes of paperwork and records. JobNimbus has an incredible interface, it is really easy to operate, and the company reps can handle it promptly.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Waleed,

Thank you for the feedback!

-JobNimbus

Replied 17/1/2023
Jessica

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

A real review from a real consumer

Pros

The software puts your entire customer and job log in one place. JobNimbus has been a vast boost to our company. The mobile app alone!! 5 STARS! Sales Reps had all of the information right in their pocket, they were able to upload pictures of the jobs while they were onsite plus calls to the office reduced drastically which always makes for more efficient work for everyone. The ease of use has helped every aspect of our business, even the older project managers have no complaints as far as learning the system.

Cons

When an update happens for one company it affects every company. Example: When the update occurred for the reports so only the creator of said report could make changes such as date range etc. < This caused some issues which we then had to create work arounds for.

Matt

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Just use JobNimbus

Excellent. Just get set up & use this CRM. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Love the support & options to make this fit exactly what we want.

Cons

A few little tweaks, but the support staff is aware & working on them. Thank you.

AccuLynx

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

More robust. More what we needed.

Microsoft Excel

usability

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Matt!

Replied 11/10/2019
Samantha

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

Thank You JobNimbus!

This is has been a great tool to keep track of projects and to track my employees. Thank you!

Pros

I loved that it is SO user friendly. This is very important to me as I have some team members who are a bit dated in their usage of computers and software. This is very user friendly and easy to maneuver. I love how you guys are constantly updating, there are many ideas floating out there and since you are listening to them and doing what you say, its a huge incentive to stick with you. You're not afraid to grow and we love that.

Cons

It's difficult to get someone on the phone to help. I honestly don't have the patience or time to wait for emails all the time. I need help and a response immediately, so having a call service that is immediate response would be VERY beneficial. Please keep our ( the consumers) wishes in mind for more growth. I am YEARNING for the capability to edit my font in the email platform and to be able to add a second email.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks so much, Samantha! We're so happy JobNimbus has been a great tool, and we're glad most of all that you know we're listening and always tryin to add value to your workflow.

You'll be pleased to hear that our support team is working on some big initiatives to tackle those wait times. We've had a ton of growth so they're working to handle that volume and have some new ideas coming soon which should make them much easier to get ahold of! Please keep trying when you need help and each time should get better and better.

Replied 25/4/2019
Gary

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Job Nimbus

This software allows us to manage all of our clients and projects from one seamless platform, either from Desktop in Office or Mobile Ap in the field.

Pros

Flexibility - We can adapt much of the software to meet our specific needs as we go.
Learning Curve - This is fairly easy to learn software, and the online tutorials are good.
Support - The support team is exceptional, they are knowledgeable and quick to resolve issues.

Cons

Speed - The system is overall acceptable, but slower than I would like, especially the Mobile Ap.
Mobile Ap still needs some work, but they are always improving based on user feedback.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Gary! We've been working hard on the mobile app and have actually released performance updates that increase speed by over 10x in several areas. If you haven't tried the latest version, please update your mobile app now and take it for a spin!

And, we're actually working on even more improvements to both the speed and the UI to make things even easier and more pleasing for you, so stay tuned for more updates coming soon!

Replied 26/9/2019
Alexis

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Job Nimbus is very beneficial!

Everyone having access to online files negates a lot of unnecessary questions and gets everyone one the same page a lot faster then everyone having a different part of a very large paper file. Over all communication is easier and also open for all in Job Nimbus, it benefits us greatly when referencing different segments of our daily activities.

Pros

This platform is easy to learn, use, and incorporate into everyday functions of business. Helps keep an ever lasting digital file for customers and assists in communication amongst team members. Admins are able to edit features to fit our needs as a company and this helps us to optimize how we do business. All around I think Job Nimbus has a great over all design that has helped get away from paper files and has helped to increase communication between team members.

Cons

While Job Nimbus has taken steps recently in this direction, I don't like how jumbled the notes become in a log format its easy for things to get lost in the mix. Job Nimbus has categorized notes which can help to sift through to find the information you need.

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

JobNimbus Daily Use

Job NImbus keeps all of my files in one place which solves an efficiency issue. It allows multiple users to be able to access the files which stops the time taken to hunt down a file. It also helps us to create and monitor the completion of tasks and to keep jobs on track. It is our one stop file for all workorders and invoices.

Pros

Job Nimbus is a one-stop database for all of our clients. It allows us to place/file all documents in on online filing system. It also allows us to use the scheduling and tasks to keep projects on track so they can be completed in a timely manner. This helps to prevent items from falling through the cracks.

Cons

I am not a field/mobile user so much, but do hear that the upload feature of photos and documents from mobile/tablet devices can be problematic. Sometimes the files can upload fine, but then the next 3 files (all photos) cannot be read or upload as an unknown format.

Response from JobNimbus

Thank you for your review! Our dev team is working to resolve the photo issues as we speak and have already released updates to improve the functionality and performance. Stay tuned for more, you're definitely going to start hearing great things about our app after those updates!

Replied 13/5/2019
Christina

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Excellent Product and Customer service

It has helped become more organized. Also, it syncs with Quickbooks!

Pros

What we love about JobNimbus is that has helped streamline our customers and our projects. It captures all the information, estimates, invoices and payments easily. It's easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app isn't as user friendly as the desktop version. It's not as easy to view.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

This fit better with our business model.
Charla

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

Very User Friendly!

We have become very organized since implementing job nimbus. I can pull warranties of reports from years earlier now with ease. That makes it all worth it.

Pros

I love the ease and customization that it provides. It’s a very easy program to pick up, and training new employees is very easy.

Cons

While I enjoy the new features the updates bring, I also get irritated at the constant changes and almost daily updates that have to go in before using the program. I will find myself in a hurry to log on in the mornings from time to time, and have to wait due to an update.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Charla!

About those updates, the web update should occur instantly, you shouldn't have to wait for any updates to occur. They should be ready when you log in, and if we push an update while you're already logged in then a refresh on your browser is all you need.

If you have to wait for any update, please contact [email protected] immediately so they can see what the matter is and get you up and running.

Replied 13/5/2019
Joe

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Refreshing and uplifting

Smoother operation and the ability track maintain and review statuses within the company and help better train our salesman

Pros

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of using this software is the ability to track statuses with reports and of course have a smoother way to documenting and storing customer information

Cons

One of the things that bothers me the most is when looking in a specific job trying to read the notes other jobs that may or may not be related to that job will appear in those notes and I understand by checking and unchecking the related box is what changes that it's still isn't issue in my opinion also a way to integrate Xactimate estimating into it would be useful just my opinion

Response from JobNimbus

Joe,
Thank you for your feedback, and we're so happy to hear about the features in JobNimbus that are working well for you and your team. We also love getting your insight on other points like the notes and the possibility of additional partnership opportunities. We really value insights like these and refer to them when scheduling our next steps and improvements. We appreciate having you in the JobNimbus family! - Emily

Replied 3/4/2018
Alicia

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Operator Friendly

From day one: The initial demo video sold me and my boss instantly!
From there our experience with our rep was another selling point. He was far more patient than he needed to be while walking us through this experience.
I have grasped the functions and creating tools so quickly that I am able to start teaching my co-workers how to use JobNimbus. It is user friendly!!!
We have been able to start implementing the software right away and plan to fully launch 4/1/2019!
JobNimbus gave us the freedom to grow our in house production, easily.

Pros

You meant to ask me what I LOVE most about this software, right?
1. It is user friendly, not complicated at all to use.
2. The training videos are easy to follow, short and to the point. I did not feel that I sat through an entire video and came out learning nothing.
3. Customer service is fantastic! Every person I spoke with (Mostly our rep) was so helpful, and unbelievably patient while myself and co-workers asked a million questions.
4. Saves me from double/triple entering information.
5. Navigating the program is easy.
6. Creating specialty boxes was super easy.

Cons

1. Mapping the spreadsheet was not as easy as the video made it out to be. Especially if there is an error translating the information over, there wasn't a video to help with that. It was left to me to figure out what the error meant and what I needed to do to fix it.
2. Doesn't stop creating duplicates
3. Some of the standard, built in fields should be optional. We didn't some of them and now they are there taking up space in the contacts fields.