About MicroMD

Henry Schein MicroMD provides on-premise or cloud-based practice management, electronic medical records, or standalone e-prescribing solutions that help healthcare professionals streamline workflows and manage practices. With...

All MicroMD Reviews Apply filters

Browse MicroMD Reviews

All MicroMD Reviews Apply filters

Garrett W.

Reviewed on 6/1/2016

Easy to Use, Lots of Flexibility

Pros

You can customize things yourself on the fly without having to call support or pay extra fees. I'm not sure what some of the negative reviewers are talking about, but I'm guessing they didn't pay attention during training. You can easily create your own templates and even separate templates for different doctors/conditions/types of visits if you want. We are a subspecialist and there were really no specific products tailored to our practice and that is why we ultimately selected this EMR because there is so much flexibility and you don't even have to use the same templates for every provider. Some of our doctors like check boxes, while others like to free text in certain areas of the encounter. You don't have to pick one or the other with this product. Also, we evaluated several EMR's before implementing MicroMD in June 2015 and we felt this was one of the easiest products to train staff on. Much less complicated than hospital-based EMR systems we considered.

Cons

Like any EMR product I am sure, there are some quirks and added functionality you would like to see. But, as another reviewer mentioned they allow users to submit suggestions for improvements. Despite my colleague's skepticism, I can vouch that even in only a little over a year and a half that we have been using the product there have already been several upgrades that have been made with updates to new versions. One other point for practices to consider is that this is a server-based (as opposed to cloud based program), we were already running our practice management on a server through VPN's for multiple offices so we were fine with this. But something to consider if you are thinking you would like Internet based login without owning a server.

Lynn H.

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

User Friendly & Customizable

As a billing company, we're able to customize every practice according to their scope of practice, and provider preference.
From ease of being able to break down a report to the most specific detail.... to color coding their schedules.

Pros

Very user friendly, and the ability to customize EVERYTHING, is great.

Cons

It tends to get a little costly, as you're charged by user.

Tagreed A.

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Henry Schein MicroMD provides simple yet powerful EMR and practice management solutions that...

Pros

The EMR has a great deal of customization. We are able to adapt to multiple workflows and needs. The company also tries hard to adapt the software based on user feedback.

Cons

Have used Henry Schein software for years, easy to use robust and updated consistently. The only software you'll ever need to buy

Top MicroMD Alternatives

AMS Ultra Charts

InSync Healthcare Solutions

Nicole M.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Easy ordering!

Pros

I have been with at least two practices that order from here and have never heard a complaint in regards to ordering and they will always keep you updated if something is on back order or delayed.

Cons

I personally did not order from them but other staff members have and did not hear one complaint from them.

Jennifer S.

Reviewed on 5/1/2016

Adaptable software makes my life easier

Pros

Cons

I wish that customer service response was a little faster.

Steve S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Physician who uses it at the hospital.

Pros

This program makes my day easier. It allows me to get work done that would normally take me longer the previous way.

Cons

Not much to dislike. Tutorials are weak. More utube videos would help. Background colors are kinda boring.

Leonard V.

Reviewed on 22/1/2015

Maddening.

Pros

The entire experience is "user-surly."

Cons

The entire experience is "user surly. " When issues come up, customer service says to upload your issue to an issue board and then it will be voted on to see if they will fix it. Or, that it cannot be fixed.

Nicole B.

Reviewed on 13/2/2017

MicroMD EHR review

This product is not user-friendly at all. The reporting systems are so antiquated and not easy to use. The reporting is not geared towards reporting outcomes for CMS (UDS reporting and meaningful use). To print reports Micro-MD requires you to use plus signs and equals signs, it is 2017. It should be a lot easier than that to print reports. Not UDS friendly, you cannot filter reports any way you want too. Micro-MD cannot build interfaces (flat-file transfers) with companies to streamline reporting and sending patient encounters to insurance companies.

Pros

Support is okay they respond to request quickly.

Cons

Cannot build flat file transfers (interfaces with other companies). Reporting is antiquated. Micro-MD does not have the ability to scrub invoices which create more work for our billing dept. We are an FQHC and have very specific billing and reporting requirements, Micro-MD has not been helpful with any of this. The PM and EMR applications are not well integrated. When we asked them about UDS reporting and flat-file transfers they informed us that they could not do that it would take to many hours of work to create these interfaces. Their solution was a new add-on they creating might be able to help but it would cost extra and still would have the information we needed at our fingertips. And no one from the company even discussed what this new software add-on would do or presented it us to see if it was something that could possibly work to resolve our issues with Micro-MD.

Daniel Q.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

With family members it has been very useful, it adapts to the needs

It is good but it can be improved a lot, I trust it

Pros

I really like the fact that any questions we have had have answered us, and are patient with any suggestion that is made either of interface or functionality of the application

Cons

It is very slow at times and sticks, in case of an emergency I think it would not be the fastest option and therefore makes it a bit tedious

Emily L.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Great System and Functionality

Pros

The system for products was easy to use and very user friendly. I do not use often but when I do I found it easy to pick up where I left off.

Cons

I do not have any specifics that would be classified as negative. I found that the system was easy to use.

Mary S.

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

Micro Survey

please go back to your customers being able to have a human contact in place, instead of entering and putting in a ticket and feeling as if they are a number.

Pros

the reports- if you want specific detail, you have it. if you wish to make new CPT codes and add something to them for reporting you have it.

Cons

the reports. some do not make sense. when you enter- no credits and credits appear anyway. this is frustrating

Carol H.

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

MicroMD for Pediatric Practice

Overall, the software serves our purpose but it has very limited reporting for benchmarking or population management reports without running several reports to obtain the data you need. We have family charts and accounts and it is unable to print the entire family balance on the encounter form so it can be collected at the time of service. It will only provide the balance on the patient/child who is being seen. This presents a problem because another child in the family could have a balance but not be being seen on that particular day. Therefore, we have to check the entire balance in advance and write it on the encounter form in order to collect family balance. Very manual system that is labor intensive.

Pros

Cons

Antiquated reporting and limited ability to obtain data.

Brad B.

Reviewed on 28/2/2017

Awesome software

Pros

ease of use but full of features.

Sue L.
2.5

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

extremely cumbersome

Pros

flow of patient visit is logical, other than that I don't like much about this product.

Cons

To create a phone message from a lab result screen requires ELEVEN clicks!!! Transition from ICD9 to ICD10 has been terrible - codes are not accurate and specific wording from the ICD10 coding book is often nowhere in the EMR. Unable to minimize current screen to look at other information in the patient's chart

Mark L.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 28/8/2016

Is not user friendly for clinicians.

Pros

Not much positive to say. I dread coming to the clinic to use this system as do other staff members.

Cons

Lack of versatility. One dimensional with limited ability to modify data. Painful drop down menus without ability to comment or text past history information.

Dorothy M.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

GREAT PRODUCT

. Certainly worth looking at in trying out. Very good for specialty care and specialist doctors

Pros

This is a great company and the support is helpful hintEasy to use online.Company has been around a long time.

Cons

Just the usual problems of connectivity into downtime in the Internet. That's really more issue with the Internet locally and not the service used by the software company

Amy B.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

Very frustrating product

Very frustrating product. Not able to find patient's main information on the same page. I have to close current notes in order to review previous charting. The area for typing notes is really narrow and letters are tiny - which is very easy to generate typo. Trouble to find accurate ICD 10 code. Many different buttons have same function, but not easy to located them when you need them. Has been using this product for 2 years. Just find out some new "tricks" to access patient's info quicker. Not user friendly.

Larry C.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Trials and tribulations of usuage

Pros

The drug history interface is useful. The memo note is helpful to keep track of interoffice private comments, but thats about it.

Cons

You name it. There's no real flexibility to note. Every request for template changes has been unanswered. I'm unable to produce any practice-specific templates.

Rachel L.

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

Positively affirmed of choosing MicroMD daily

Pros

I researched and met with a variety of EHR and PM software vendors before deciding on MicroMD. This was a difficult process because I have a multi-specialty group practice, and wanted to find an application to properly support 2 specialties. I have been live on both software applications for over 3 years. The applications are very user friendly, and support is always available and helpful. The transition to ICD-10 was seamless. I have also successfully met Stage 1 and 2 of meaningful use plus successfully passed a pre-payment audit. The PM software is user friendly, and any new employees are easily trained to use it. My previous vendor was Medical Manager, and MicroMD was able to successfully transfer all of my Medical Manager data into their system. I didn't have to work on 2 systems like most practices have to do in the beginning. The PM billing applications are also user friendly. The multiple financial reports that can be generated are extremely helpful.

Cons

Annual support and maintenance fees are costly, but I don't know how they compare to anyone else. This may be an average cost of doing business with EHR to meet government regulations. The hourly fees for training are also a little high, but due to the product's ease of use, the amount of training needed may be minimal.

Dean S.

Reviewed on 21/3/2015

Teview of software

Pros

It fits our clinic's needs for quick charting. I also like the interface with billing.

Cons

It's a little pricey on monthly fees for everything. The fees add up if you have multiple providers.

Annie J.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

Overpriced

Was only used for a very short time but it did have all the things we were looking for to use in our practice but it was just a charge for everything. I don't want to say it's not a good product to use but if you feel that it would be beneficial for your business go for it. But for our small practice, we would not use all the features that they offered.

Bonnie H.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Convenient

Pros

Very competitive prices compared to other local medical carriers. Fast shipping and flat rate over a specific amount order.

Cons

The website itself is not too user friendly. I can be changed a bit to wear it can be more user friendly. Product names must be pretty specific in order to locate them correctly.