About Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do (formerly known as Wunderlist) is a task management app that allows users to create daily to-do lists and share them with others. The app is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices and can also be...

4.7
4.7

Browse Microsoft To Do Reviews

2,667 of 2,667 reviews
Angelo

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

Best app for handling all your tasks and easy to use

Great experience overall I can track my daily/weekly/monthly tasks and it is synced across all my devices no matter the platform. I liked being able to setup notifications and reminders and able to check off as I did them or keep keep them going of not completed.

Pros

The software unlike others was easy to use and didn't have a bunch of stuff I didnt need and also I could have my students use it and they weren't confused asking me questions and they were up and running quickly and managing tasks.

Cons

I would say add more features or Integrations with other sites but that's also why it's good because it's simple and it just works!

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Because I didnt have to waste time learning how to use everything it was self explanatory and I liked what it did.
Avash

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

A Light To-Do List for Daily Use

I have been using Wunderlist for quite a time now and I am completely satisfied with Wunderlist. I love the fact that it responds much faster than other apps and doesn't consume resources as others do.

Pros

The thing I like most about Wunderlist is that it's very lightweight. It is really easy to work with and runs fast. I use Wunderlist on android and I have a widget on my home screen. I see my list whenever I open my phone and can add items to list easily. I know there are many apps available online which can do this but Wunderlist doesn't consume resources as other apps do.

Cons

Wunderlist was accuired by Microsoft in 2015 and then planned to kill it - so the future of Wunderlist is confusing. So it maybe better to use other apps which have secure future. There are many apps available online which have better features than those available in Wunderlist. So it maybe better to use other apps than Wunderlist. However, I am still using Wunderlist as I am used to it and it isn't resource intensive.

Mitali

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

A quick way to add tasks and reminders on-the-go.

My overall experience with Microsoft ToDo is great. I use it daily for my tasks or the little things I want to remember. I have tried a lot of to-do list apps, however, this one has so far been my favourite and I don't remember ever uninstalling it from my phone.

Pros

I like the widget and the simple interface a lot. Also, the fact that I can add my tasks without actually having to open the app is really efficient which would have been tedious if the app opened everytime I wanted to add a task. The widget is well adjustable and the options to view either 'My Day' or my important tasks are in the widget itself.

Cons

The interface could be even more smooth. Instead of having the little window for adding tasks pop up, the task could be edited in that row itself.

Top Microsoft To Do Alternatives

Kubilay
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Planning

Pros

It is an application that is easy to use. My favorite feature is the prioritization.

Cons

Its interface could be more functional and inwardly detailed.

Naina

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

User friendly task planning app which keeps you on track

To Do is a great option if you need a basic task management tool that you can use for free. However, there won't be as many business functions available as there would be in a full-featured task management programme.  I need a detailed list of tasks so that I can set deadlines for my online classes and related projects. I have been using this platform for more than a year now, and during that time I have never forgotten to complete any significant task from my to-do list. I regularly receive alerts and notifications about the tasks. It is really user friendly and simplified.

Pros

Helps me list my pending and upcoming tasks and keeps me focused. I wanted a simple yet straightforward software. To Do has exceeded expectations, and now I find it difficult to function without it.

Cons

The app's restricted third-party integration as a negative. Microsoft hasn't provided much to connect the To Do app with its other apps. The best action you can take right now is to mark an email as a task in Microsoft Outlook(opens in new tab).

Graeme

Reviewed on 30/1/2023

Get Things Done with Microsoft To-Do

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is my go-to app for task management and organization. The clean, intuitive interface makes it easy to add, prioritize, and complete tasks. The app's ability to integrate with my Microsoft Outlook tasks and to-do lists is a game-changer. Microsoft To-Do also offers features like reminders, due dates, and lists for different projects, making it a comprehensive tool for managing my to-dos.

Cons

I have not encountered any negatives with this tool.

Nazar Mohammad
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 25/1/2023

Microsoft to do review

Overall I love using Microsoft to do , it keeps my tasks up to date, and make us more productive

Pros

The part I most like about Microsoft to do it very easy to use and integrate with devices

Cons

Task progress tracking needs to be updated

sateesh
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Microsoft To Do

gud but microsoft need to check on the bugs of the software

Pros

setting goals,helping to prioritize tasks. managing important tasks timely. excellent customer care

Cons

sign-in issues needs to resart the device .app crashed momentarily

Mirza

Best Option

I used on daily basis to while distributing the work load to the team.

Pros

Best option to track your tasks daily basis and mange the time.

Cons

Easy to handle daily work load and handle its handling time management.

Abner
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

I use it a lot where I work, I get better results.

Pros

I use it a lot where I work, I get better results, in the beginning I didn't have much affinity nor could I move it right, but now I use it well in my company, and it has helped me a lot

Cons

The easy access maybe, at first I didn't even know about this tool, and I had a little difficulty, now it's more good, I've been using it for about 3 years, I have nothing to complain about

Syed Sohail
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Microsoft To Do.. An ultimate organizer

I sarted using it after Microsoft lauched it as a replacement of wunderlist. It is better than majority of other similar apps due to its ease of use. I use it to remember and manage daily tasks both social and wrok related.

Pros

I just love the simplicity and list making speed of Microsoft to do. You can keep a track of all of your tasks and organize them into various categories according along with setting reminders or due dates to them. Its simple and intuitive interface makes is easy to use that other similar softwares. Being a web bases software it enables you to access it from any where in the availability of internet on any device and synchronizes an changes in real time. Apart from an schedular, you can also use Microsoft To Do as a field note book to organize and wrotes thoughts and ideas easily. It also allows you to make sub tasks and create notes for each part. You can easily share your lists with other through sharing a PDF or the incorporated email support which is very useful frature to share agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs with the concerned persons.

Cons

Microsoft To Do is designed primarily as a to do app, thus it often lacks deeper features which would have been nice. It has limited team collaboration features, but is an excellent choice for simple projects and manage daily tasks.

Randi
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Flock, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Was looking for something that worked better to lists w/ multiple levels.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It was clean & uncomplicated - didn't take a lot of training & was intuitive - great for our staff as we have college students involved who are able to use it as well and jump right into using it.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Great for keeping on track.

Since we introduced Wunderlist to our business, we really seem to stay on top of things. If you remember something needs to be done, you can easily open the app and add it to the To-Do list and assign it to the proper staff member. As the owner, I can easily track what has been accomplished or the amount of progress that has been made on an assignment. It seems to motivate everyone to quickly get things checked off the list and move on to the next task. It has definitely been an asset to our company.

Pros

This app is wonderful for keeping tasks organized and on track. What we love most is the ability to assign tasks to others, share information, and make notes, and work together to finish tasks quickly and efficiently. It's a bonus that you can use it not only for business, but personal tasks as well, while keeping all of the "to- dos" separate. We love that it works equally as well on our laptops, tablets, and phones.

Cons

I tried to find something I dislike about this app, but I could not. Maybe they could add a larger selection of backgrounds.

Allcal

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist seemed to be easy to use and the right fit for our company.
Gaurav
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

The best To-do out there

Pros

Everything about the app is top notch - from the UI to functionalities. After acquiring Wunderlist; Microsoft launched their own To Do app back in 2017. I'm using their app since then for keeping my life organised. I track all my To-do lists from it. The 'My Day' list in the app is a lifesaver to keep yourself organised. From adding sub-tasks to reminders to adding notes and attachments to the task, this app does it all. The integration with Microsoft Outlook is another highlight feature where you could pin and flag your email and it will be converted into a task automatically inside the app. Overall, Microsoft To Do does it all and is better than most of the paid alternatives out there right now.

Cons

The missing feature of Calendar is a must. Its been in the roadmap for quite some time but it there's still no update about it still.

Joseph
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

Microsoft To Do is a Must Have Productivity App

I had used Wunderlist for a while before Microsoft acquired it and evolved it into Microsoft To Do. Initially, it was a bit of a disappointment, as many of the features that had made Wunderlist great were removed. Over time, however, the features have been reintroduced, but updated to work well with Office. I have ADHD and have tried many other task management apps, but Microsoft To Do is my must-have app. And did I mention that it's free?!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the tight integration with the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, as well as the ability to seamlessly use it across multiple platforms, devices, and operating systems.

Cons

Some versions allow for categories, but not all, which I would prefer. While this is certainly not a deal-breaker for me, it does leave me wishing that I could rely on setting categories to further organize and view my tasks across devices.

Eric

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Wunderlist is a simple and elegant to-do list app that will be sorely missed

I will sorely miss Wunderlist as it approaches its last days in 2020. I will struggle to find another List app that keeps it as simple (yet functional!) as Wunderlist.

Pros

I loved how it kept my to-do lists and grocery lists easy to organize and add to. It was stellar for keeping simple things simple. Sharing my lists with family and friends was a real breeze. My whole family uses Wunderlist and we can't complain at all, it's really that predictable, reliable, useful, and great!

Cons

It may be too simple for some people. I find that it is best used as a grocery list and checklist app as opposed to a to-do list app (which many may find Trello to be a better alternative in that regard). The biggest Con for me is that I've used Wunderlist for years now and they are shutting down. So I can only recommend it until they discontinue the service.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist is a beautiful and simple app, and it does its job tremendously well.
Jeff
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Keeps me on track!

I needed a simple app to help me keep track of all my tasks and keep things from falling through the cracks. To Do has over delivered and I couldn’t imagine functioning without it.

Pros

To Do keeps me on track and helps me juggle a variety of different tasks for Carlos roles and jobs all in one place.

Cons

I love it! No complaints at all so far! Highly recommended.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

I wanted something a little easier to use and something that played well with other daily solutions I use.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It was the easiest to use and most efficient.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

A robust & useful task list app

Pros

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Anli

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Microsoft To-Do Review

I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated.
I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient.
Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application.
I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day.
It's exceptionally strong and has numerous highlights, however I appreciate the consistent experience of utilizing it on both my telephone and my PC.
I love Microsoft items and this is another victor. Exceptionally basic and causes me to feel like I can deal with my plans for the day easily. Furthermore, cool update highlights.
I utilize a PC at work and a Mac at home, however have discovered that To-Do is very simple to use across various working frameworks. It's absolutely a stage over the updates application on my telephone, and I value having the option to get to it (just as get notices and updates) across my numerous gadgets. I like having the option to rank undertakings by request of significance and the capacity to add extra parts like documents or update notes. In general, overly helpful and simple to utilize.

Cons

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do.
The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks.
Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 4/6/2022

The Smartest Daily Planner You'll Ever Use - Set yourself up for success with Microsoft To Do

The Microsoft to-do app is simple and easy to use. It has a clean, minimalistic design that allows you to get to the task at hand rather than be distracted by stargazing animations or an overabundance of interface elements. Bottom line: Microsoft To-Do is a solid task manager, but it faces stiff competition from Jorte and Todoist. Which one you use will likely depend on how deep your Microsoft Integration is, and what other features you're looking for in a task manager.

Pros

The app is designed to be a personal productivity companion so you can focus on what matters most. It helps you plan your day with the best features of any task manager, while keeping you up-to-date with what's happening now and what's coming soon. The app is simple and easy-to-use, with an elegant design that lets you focus on what matters. All your tasks are stored in one place so you can see them at a glance, set reminders so they're never missed, and add details like attachments and notes.

Cons

There are some missing features that would make this app even better — including the ability to sync across devices, integration with other services like Google Calendar and Dropbox, and more customisation options for when reminders are triggered - location-based reminders (e.g., "when I arrive at work" vs "when I arrive at home")

Rhean

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Microsoft To-Do Review

To keep track of things I need to work on, I use Microsoft To do on all of my Windows PCs, my Android phone, and my iPad. It's a fantastic and simple method for me to keep track of the key tasks on my daily to-do list. My wife and I also use it to make joint shopping lists for household things, birthday cards/gifts that need to be picked up, bills that need to be paid, and so on. Unlike a calendar, which only serves as a reminder, this one allows us to check off each job as it is completed, so we always know where we are. Microsoft To Do is a fantastic tool for both business and personal usage. Give it a go!

Pros

In my line of work, I've always required tools that allow me to quickly build a list of pending assignments. Many programmed provide a plethora of alternatives that are ineffective and make completing a task a pain. I've found the answer with Microsoft To-Do. It offers the greatest user interface out of all of its competitors, which is what I like. Creating a task is really easy, and I can accomplish it in a matter of seconds with only a few clicks. Another aspect I appreciate is that it is incorporated into my computer's operating system, that it is readily connected into the notification system, and that I can immediately access it. Furthermore, Microsoft To-Do offers a smartphone app with the same high quality as the desktop version.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. I could integrate integration with other platforms and maybe a new widget to make it more accessible. Aside from that, the app is excellent.

Marina
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Great For Making To-Do Lists of Any Kind!

This is a great app if all you're really looking for is a fairly basic list-making software. I really enjoy using it for packing lists, shopping/grocery lists, and general to-do lists. But if you're looking for a more collaborative or robust project management software, this might not be the one for you.

Pros

Wunderlist makes it quick and easy to make lists of any kind. I like that you can easily switch between your different lists on the left hand side of the program, while managing the contents of those lists on the right hand side of the program (the majority of the screen is dedicated to this purpose). I also really appreciate that you can quickly churn out many list items in a row- all you have to do is press enter and you can immediately begin typing the next item, without having to click anything extra. This is a great time-saver. Also, if you click on any list item, the screen will split so that you can see/create additional information for that list item, including notes, due dates, reminders, and sub-items. This has really helped me stay organized. Wunderlist also has a really nice, clean design that's pleasant to work with. Another big plus: it's great at syncing across devices!

Cons

Wunderlist is great at what it does, but it's probably not as robust a task management softwares as some others that are out on the market. But considering it's free, that's not necessarily the worst thing. One thing that does occasionally bother me is that any list items that are checked off are removed from the list, rather than being crossed out, moved to the bottom, or dimmed. While this can be nice for some things (like grocery shopping), it's more frustrating for recurring/unchanging lists (like a general packing list) since it means you either have to keep re-making the list every time you need it, or fish the crossed off items out of the "completed" tab every time after you're finished with it.

Kristin
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 18/1/2022

10 out of 10! You will be missing out!

Overall this is a great product, super user friendly, and great for those that like a VISUAL of where every project is. You would be missing out on so many awesome features if you skipped this And to go a step further within the task you can even have your own "to-do" check list where you can check off each item to show progress within that item. The only small down side is that when the email notification come through, they are a a bit drab- but everything else is amazing! This program gives an great visual of where your projects and makes it really easy to get tasks assigned to others within the item. The tag feature helps you easily look and identify which items are related to which products/items. If you a re a visual person and like to see the items progress, this is for you!

Pros

This product has so many awesome features!! One of my favorites is the tags, you can customize so much in the program from the tags themselves, the columns/boards you have, you can even have steps listed with in each step!! For example I had a large project that I broke into 4 pieces, all assigned between two people, not only was I able to add a special tag, add notes per meeting that apply to each section and it notified all the parties linked to that section.. but I was even able to add a check list within the section so each section had its own steps varying slightly depending on who got which piece.

Cons

The only feature that I do not like on the program is the email notifications that you receive are a little bland for a Microsoft program, they tend to be a little visually overwhelming, but bland, lots of text in a generic font. I know this is a silly thing to dislike but they are not what you expect to see when you open an email from a Microsoft program.

Ernesto Enrique

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

More than what I was looking for.

With Microsoft To-Do I can now have all the pending tasks organized and always at hand so I never forget what I have to do in my work and my personal life.

Pros

In my work I have always needed applications that help me to have a list of pending tasks easy to create. There are many applications that offer many options that are not useful and create a task is a headache.

With Microsoft To-Do I have found the solution. It has the best user interface of all its competition and that is what I like the most. Creating a task is very simple and I can do it in seconds with a couple of clicks.

Another feature that I like is that it is integrated into my computer with the operating system, it is easily integrated into the notification system and I can access it quickly. In addition, Microsoft To-Do has an application for smartphones with the same quality of user interface that allows to have always at hand my list of pending tasks, I simply love it.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to criticize about Microsoft To-Do. It is fast, elegant and fulfills its function perfectly. Highly recommended.

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 24/6/2018

To-Do And Task Lists Should Be This Easy

Wunderlist is a great tool with no complex features or complex functionalities. A true simple to use To-Do List that serves not only people for personal needs, but also businesses. In fact, Wunderlist can even be applied to small businesses to get work done. With its sharing capabilities, mobile access and conversation capabilities, Wunderlist is possibly the easiest task manager out there. It may not track things like time and other critical metrics, but for businesses that revolve around the premise of getting tasks done regardless of those other variables, Wunderlist might very well be the answer.

Pros

Wunderlist is the simplest To-Do and Task List out there. Period. No extra bells and whistles: just a list. And it makes getting started extremely quick.

Login with your Facebook, Windows or Google account. Don' t have these? Create a user account with your email and a password. The first thing that comes up is a simple wizard with a few pre-defined list names to get you setup fast and start using your list.

Using Wunderlist is simple. Add an item to your list. You can set a due date and even a reminder. Make the task a one time deal or a recurring schedule as needed. No longer need the due date? Simply remove it. And mark it as started so you have a visible indicator of what is in progress and what is not. You can also add a voice message to your task.

Wunderlist recently added a new feature where you can create folders to group your to-do and task lists. And if you want to see all your completed items, a simple button lets you do just that.

Want to share your list? You can do that, too. And even start conversations around your To-Do and Tasks. Connect your calendars to Wunderlist as well.

Wunderlist has an app for your smartphone and even allows you to integrate it to your browser via an extension

Cons

There are absolutely no cons with Wunderlist. It is a To-Do and Task list with the most straightforward approach I have ever encountered. It does not get easier than this.