Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn provides cloud-based CRM solutions for relationship-driven businesses. The solution offers automated data capture and customer insight technology to help companies win customers and keep them engaged. Bullhorn’s CRM...

3.7

Browse Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

1,063 of 1,063 reviews
Jesica
Jesica
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Great for recruiters

This platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it’s a lifesaver.

Pros

- A truly simplistic layout
- Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database.
- Efficient tasklist and search
- Managing client and talent leads has become much easier
- A real time saver
- Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate
An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM’s I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools.
- Customizable, with lots of functions
- Compatible with tons of other software

Cons

- Some problems with user interface, like popups
- Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time
- Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action
- Speed – data transmission could be much faster
- Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware)
- Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities

Martin
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Change request take too long

Pros

There is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.

Cons

Time scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long.

It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.

Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Profile was no longer fit for purpose and lacked many new features.
Megan

Reviewed on 11/7/2020

Disappointed - All Talk & No Follow Through

I rarely leave poor reviews. However; I was so thoroughly taken in with a software I want to share my experience for future potential users.

The customer service is great from the tech team- they get in touch with you quickly. However; I was often finding work arounds myself, or being advised work arounds instead of having issues resolved (example- The DPA/Non DPA issue- an excel spreadsheet can do this, yet a CRM cannot?)

I was debited on the incorrect date & then when I requested they refund until the due date, I was re-debited again on the correct date. The communication was poor- their billing team are based in the US and there was no acknowledgement of the mistake. My initial consultant chased them down for me, and advised me of their error. Lucky.

The product was oversold. For example; I was advised their 'merge docs' feature would allow me to bull data directly from the 'Overview', 'Work Histories' which later proved to be false.

Finally, when I requested to end my contract & transfer my data (I advised a specific date I needed it, when my CRM would be ready) they advised it would take 15 business days & I was to put no further data in my system during that 15 days, and then gave me my data after 3. I now have no CRM for 4 weeks.

It's just a complete lack of regard, or care about individual customers once you've signed. There is no continuity of care & it's extremely disappointing for me as a customer, & their sales team who did a great job in the beginning.

Pros

- The ability to hashtag consultants, client contacts & candidates
- The appearance is user friendly
- The ability to customise individual views at the consultant level
- The availability of training online
- The ability to customise yourself without the help of the team.

Cons

- It's old & clunky with attempts to modernise its appearance & features.
- The search uses boolean so consultants require training to know how to search, build lists & find candidates & contacts. EG, you write 'Bob' into search, & it won't appear but you'll add an asterisk & it will appear. If you had 'Bob Jane' in the first name, it also won't appear.
- The filters don't work correctly. EG, we have 'DPA' & 'Non DPA' - BH did not have the ability to differentiate between the two using the filter, because they both said 'DPA'. We had to either change the terminology (which is industry standard in the medical field) or use the advanced search rather than the filters.
- The updating of the custom fields is clunky & not intuitive. Adding in multiple job types was limited to 3 (i.e. salary, contract & temp - we have additional types)and each one required individual customizing (fair) which the played havoc if it didn't match up to the master file which overrode the other 3. EG, ALL custom fields were required on the master, and then you'll match up each in the individual job type as required. You'd then just include what was required in the individual job type.
- The migration from our old CRM was poor. One Example- We ended up with thousands of files that were 'New South Wales' which got turned into 'New South Western Australiales. We were refused assistance in fixing this
- It's slow to load
- Clear your cache daily- or things will break
- No ability to add locations.

Salesforce Sales Cloud, Vincere and JobAdder

Reasons for Choosing Bullhorn ATS & CRM

I needed a full ATS, and SalesForce was too expensive to customise to work for me.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

The sales rep was on point, the price was reasonable and it appeared to check all the boxes to grow my business.

Top Bullhorn ATS & CRM Alternatives

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Bullhorn ATS - Is just the best

I recommend Bullhorn to many of our staffing clientele, I always go back to all the features Bullhorn provides, all of the integrations we use (Indeed/LinkedIn) to name a few. The ease of use is a big one for us and it just works so well with our business!

Pros

Bullhorn is so user friendly first off! When i train new employees on the use and flow of Bullhorn I have never had an issue with them not understanding. There are so many training videos that show step by step instructions on how to move throughout Bullhorn that are so helpful!

Cons

There are sometimes latency issues, but this seems to get fixed quite fast! Other than that, we typically do not have many issues within Bullhorn that are worth complaining about.

PCRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Bullhorn won in all categories for our business plan, and we are very happy with our decision.
Jon Ryan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

Bullhorn - Overall Quality is excellent

Overall experience using this tool is Excellent. Highly recommended and you will surely won’t regret it.

Pros

Bullhorn is very user friendly and very convenient to use specially when you are familliar to any CRM tools.

Cons

Whenever there is an update I need to clear cache my browser to refresh the Bullhorn settings.

LinkedIn for Business

Reasons for Switching to Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Has much higher capacity of storage and great latency for users.
Scott

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

Good Platform

This is a good platform that is trying to continuously improve its product to keep up with the evolving industry.

Pros

The product is easy to use and navigate from the start. There are some good reports generated once you figure out the "behind the scenes".

Cons

During my time there were a few acquisitions by Bullhorn that were meant to help with automation. The roll-out of the new tools was slow and clunky.

Karanjeet
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Thomas Thor Review.

So far it has been good

Pros

User friendly, has potential and support is very reliable

Cons

Limitation on few important features - it is not fun to always be referred to 3rd party (cost a lot of investment)

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Could be better, not interested in the smaller accoubts

I found bullhorn a deterrent to recording information in the main & tended to rely on email & memory. Only when the connection speed was at its very fastest did I find it functional to use.

Pros

Compatibility with broadbean & cv preview.

Cons

Distribution lists, coding, speed, intuition.

Wyatt
Wyatt

Reviewed on 8/6/2022

Mostly good, with fixable needed improvements

It's been mostly positive. I've used TEKsystems' internal ATS and CRM, and I've used Greenhouse. As a staffing company, I don't think Greenhouse is the right tool. Bullhorn definitely hits the must-haves, but there are many ways it could improve that don't seem like asking too much.
If my complaints with the product are just my lack of knowledge of the product offering, that would mean they could do a better job of teaching the best use-cases and practices of their product.

Pros

The 'Last People Contacted' is a very useful tab to have auto-loaded. Finding candidates can be difficult without it considering you need their number memorized, if they have a common name, or their profile name is different than the name you call them (Charles vs Chuck).
The moving across stages from 'Connect' to 'Placement' is aesthetically pleasing and well designed.

Cons

Tracking which candidates are in play and submitted should be front and center on "My Dashboard". The cards available on "My Dashboard" are nearly all irrelevant to the recruiting lifecycle, making it fairly useless apart from "My Activity" if the admin sets some goals for you. Even the "Recruiting Manager" dashboard report is fairly useless as it only tracks candidates who's stage hasn't changed in 5 days. It is still important to track candidates within that 5 day timeframe so it should be easier to see that.
The Last Note should show up on "Latest Comment" on the candidates profile page. There's often 'one-too-many-clicks' instances or journeys that should be trackable by a ML engine, or just customer surveys, and then make those changes to the product, introducing a one-click suggestion button, or just making those actions easier to find via the profile.

Adam
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

An OK CRM but there are better

I used it when I was managing existing accounts. It did a good job in tracking activity and mapping sales.

Pros

It gets the job doneReports are easy to pull When you are used to it, it delivers everything it needs to It is a very relaible platform

Cons

It's pretty dated looking and takes some time to understand and get the most out of - especially when compared to some of the alternatives out there

Danielle

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

Extremely time consuming and not user friendly

Horrid

Pros

Nothing at all. It was a very cumbersome system to work with.

Cons

The entire system. Nothing was easy to use. We constantly had to find work arounds for everything.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 9/12/2016

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business.

The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage.

For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need.

But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.

Pros

It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Cons

It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Reviewed on 18/5/2016

Good but not perfect

We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes.

They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out.

We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this.

We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good.

Pros

It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Cons

down times/issues do come up
could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)

Casee
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Not great for corporate recruiting

My experience with Bullhorn as our internal ATS has been less than stellar. Overall, I do think it's a good product, but I do not think it is for the corporate side of things. I think this system is much more beneficial for recruiting agencies who are hiring at multiple clients. However, for recruiters that are only hiring internally, it is extremely clunky and very difficult to use.

Pros

One of the main pros is the cost, it is definitely an affordable system that fit well within our budget. Also, it does look appealing to the eye when looking at a first glance.

Cons

Unfortunately, I have many more cons that pros for this system. First, the training during implementation was horrible. The person that was training me clearly was not trained herself and made it very difficult to pick up on the different areas of the system. Then, the entire implementation process has been a nightmare. It was extremely difficult for my tech team to even get the system up and running, which months later it still isn't. During the implementation, I was told several times by the trainer that we had no Account Manager or sole point of contact at Bullhorn, but that everything had to go through the help desk. About 5 months into having access to the system, I found out that not only did I have an Account Manager the whole time that I was never told about, but it was actually the person who sold me the system in the first place. Also, it has been extremely difficult to integrate Bullhorn with Indeed, which is where we get a large portion of our applicants from. Lastly, I do not find this system user friendly at all. It is very clunky and hard to navigate, there are just too many moving parts. You need to go to several areas to do one small thing in the system which is very frustrating when you are pressed for time.

Response from Bullhorn

Hi Casee,
I'm extremely sorry to hear that Bullhorn is not fitting your needs. We strive to provide useful and meaningful training and services, and I'm sorry to hear that we have not met that goal for you. Please feel free to connect with me via email ([email protected]) if you would like to further discuss these issues and how Bullhorn can improve to meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Best,
Emily Saquet
Customer Marketing Specialist

Replied 11/10/2016
Ghaz

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Customer Review

Customer Experience Alert: Like any customer, we gave our notice to Bullhorn and reduced our number of users to 1 to adhere to the terms of the contract and ride it out with our 60 days notice. We followed their rules, kept the customer service reps informed and got the OK to reduce down to 1 user. Soon enough I look at my billing statement and they had charged us for more than 1 user. I called their front line billing staff and they said it would be reversed. To my surprise, I receive a call today where the front line billing staff said that even though we have not used more than 1 user, we will still be charged for more than 1. This tells you how the senior management thinks, where their ethics are and how low they can stoop. A few dollars won't break the bank but when you treat a customer that is leaving with such low ethics. That shows your true colours. You can continue acquiring other companies but as you grow bigger, your problems get magnified. I'll be sure to mention this to everyone in the industry considering an ATS never to bother with Bullhorn especially with their limitations on the system and ridiculous policies. By the way, we were loyal customers for 2 years and only left due to the inability to resolve repeated issues with their system.

Pros

Ancient product with very slow response on system and with staff. Be sure to explore other options before signing up with them

Pratham

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

System for tracking applications for candidates efficiently

Pros

Bullhorn provides you the opportunity to gain experience tracking different clients' movements, positions, and prospects. Find the person you're looking for by calling the number. Bullhorn can link to Sense and send pre-programmed messages for first-day checks, end-of-week checks, etc., allowing me to keep in touch with my staff and learn about any problems they are experiencing as well. You may choose multiple tabs based on your needs and designate one as the default so that it always displays the relevant information. I also appreciate having the opportunity to record notes for each sale or hiring discussion and having the flexibility to amend those notes to keep both you and your coworkers informed.

Cons

A candidate must first be manually created, after which notes and modifications must be added. Speaking about job advertisements, I believe it has to be resolved. Additionally, for the workers I deal with, Pridestaff's broadcast messages occasionally arrive at the wrong time. If/when we entirely close the tab, we have to reopen it. These days, the sidebar is likewise outdated.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 11/5/2023

Streamline Your Hiring and Sales Processes"

Praising the system's powerful tools for candidate sourcing, resume parsing, and job posting, as well as its intuitive interface and customizable workflows. The system also offers strong reporting and analytics capabilities, allowing users to gain insights into key metrics and make data-driven decisions.That being said, some users have noted issues with cost, complexity, and customer support, which may make the system less attractive for certain businesses. However, overall, Bullhorn ATS & CRM is a solid option for companies looking to streamline their recruitment and sales operations and improve their overall efficiency and effectiveness.

Pros

Bullhorn allowing users to tailor the platform to their specific needs and workflows.Additionally, Bullhorn ATS & CRM provides powerful reporting and analytics capabilities, enabling users to track key metrics and gain valuable insights into their recruiting and sales operations. The system also integrates with a wide range of third-party tools, such as job boards, social media platforms, and productivity apps, making it a versatile and flexible solution for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

Cost: Some users have noted that Bullhorn ATS & CRM can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses with limited budgets.Complexity: While many users have praised the system's user-friendly interface, others have found it to be overly complex and difficult to navigate, especially for new users.Customer support: Some users have reported issues with customer support, citing slow response times and difficulty in getting their issues resolved in a timely manner.Lack of integrations: While Bullhorn ATS & CRM does offer integrations with many third-party tools, some users have noted that certain integrations are missing or not fully functional, limiting the system's flexibility and adaptability.

Joshua

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

Easy to use / pricy but worth it!

Bullhorn is helpful and I love being able to access it from anywhere - the pricing is high but again this is the easiest of ATS/CRM that ia available to consumers - which is a good thing!

Pros

Bullhorn is a super user friendly CRm compared to other ATS or CRM software available. We are able to easily integrate job boards and this list of available integrations seems to be growing by the month! My favorite feature is the texting! A lot of people respond to text and the convenience of having it on BH is easier than trying to find other sources (even though integrations are available)

Cons

Bullhorn offers a matching feature and several filtering systems to help identify candidates. I find these to be lacking with room for improvement. You can go to filter out candidates for a warehouse role but could end up with a variety of admin and blank resumes. It is hit and miss but that could even reflect how our data is parsed into the system. I personally have not had much success using this feature.

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

Powerful tool, mid level complexity

Pros

- Great enterprise implementation team
- Intuitive layout
- Useful data integrity features (ie. any field can be made mandatory)
- Automatic Email inclusion
- Good support (within local AU support scope, US support has been underwhelming)
- SalesDuel

Cons

Built-in reporting is non-existent with two addon options available, the first being a third party who can create reports for you, and another called Canvas - BullHorn's solution to the overall lack of reporting.

Cavnas:
Canvas is an in-house rebuild of Cognos Reporting suite however it has a lot of key features disabled, such as the ability for report creators to Cross-Join when required, edit SQL code to enforce certain report behaviour and some minor inconsistent functionality behaviour.
Any raised issues are handled well by our local AU support, however, the US Canvas development team are rarely able to provide long-term solutions.
As of 1/5/2017, I can't endorse Canvas as a complete or entirely functional product.

Training:
If you are moving from a system like JobAdder where the entire concept is around making the process as simple as possible and are making more fields mandatory, you'll need more than the basic BullHorn supplied training for your users to ensure the transition is smooth.

Data Display:
Some overarching data is unavailable in any form, such as "Last Contacted".
You can find "Last Note Added" and "Last Edited", however, neither of these take into consideration the Outlook Email integration they have in place. Which makes it difficult to determine the last time a contact was actually contacted in any way.
The solutions around this are poor.

Alissa
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

Bullhorn Review

I do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager.

Pros

As noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.

Cons

As noted in my review, the biggest con is the small glitches/quirks that the system has. It seems in every functionality I could name some sort of glitch that I have experienced.

Brian
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

The best recruiting ATS/CRM I have experienced!

This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend. It is on the cutting edge of recruiting, and is a must-have for people looking to take their organization's talent acquisition efforts to the next level.

Pros

Bullhorn is very intuitive, and I love that it passively tracks email conversations through email formats like Microsoft Outlook. It has powerful reporting capabilities, and makes sourcing passive talent much easier than with a traditional ATS product. It is reliable, has a nice, modern user interface, and is great for when there are multiple recruiters or teams working on the same projects. There are nice branding and marketing options available as well.

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve involved, depending on the system that people switch over from. Also, some of the options and customizations can only be accessed, managed or implemented at the enterprise level, which can sometimes be frustrating when there are multiple organizations and operating companies utilizing the technology under a broad set of circumstances.

erik

Reviewed on 30/9/2017

BH User since 4 years

never try to get things fixed
dont expect customer friendly behavior
be prepared to get ripped by the license model

Pros

nice UI
was working ok before the new release "novo"
easy to use
easy to admin and customise
integration in outlook was working (before novo), since novo it does no longer work

Cons

• no real workflow function
• full of bugs since novo (the new release)
• tickets take for ever to get solved
• basically, zero SLA commitments, you pay, they do what and when they want
• zero sales coverage
• no ability to test new products (apart of on power point)

• license model is absurd, you can only increase number of users, you can never reduce number of users

• typical corporate BS, zero ownership, even on VP level, zero customer centric thinking

mobile version is not proper working

BI and reporting is siple in existing (stoneage)

matching never worked

Courtney

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

The Simplicity of Bullhorn

I have used Bullhorn for many years and would absolutely recommend it to a staffing firm who is just getting their feet wet in the industry. It can be a great candidate database if you maintain it well.

Pros

Bullhorn is very user-friendly and perfect for a staffing/recruiting firm who is just starting out and in need of a candidate database.
I loved the Distribution List feature, where I could group similar candidates and then mass mail them within minutes.
I also appreciated having the ability to see a candidate's entire work history, submissions, interviews, and placements all in 1 page.

Cons

Bullhorn does not have the greatest interface. It also does not have the ability to text candidates.
If you are not active in Bullhorn, it will log you out after a few minutes and constantly require you to sign back in.

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Would be lost without it...

Pros

Bullhorn has helped us streamline considerably. It tracks everything from texts to emails by user and candidate/client.

Cons

There are so many features that are "so close" but not quite there yet. I do believe they will get there but it takes longer than anticipated for improvements to be implemented.

Sajithkumar
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

ATS Review

The product was bulky, slow and not very user friendly. Moreover, support wasn't top-notch.

Pros

Popular
Have most features required by an ATS

Cons

Not very suitable for small organizations
Customer support lacks the expertise required
Search was not very reliable