About Fishbowl

Fishbowl is the #1 manufacturing and warehouse inventory management software! Its powerful inventory control system gives your small or midsize business the exact tools needed to transform your inventory management and scale your...

4.2

Browse Fishbowl Reviews

Yuji

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Great Extension for QB userrs

It provides more than enough capability for small & medium size manufactures & distributers with fraction of cost of regular ERP. If you are QB users and you have inventory, order or purchase management, this is what you need.

Pros

This software is easy to use and easy to deploy. Great extension for QB users. It can also connect Shopify, Amazon, Ebay, Shipping management such as Shiprush, etc.

Cons

In Inventory, you have 2 types of materials: Part and Product. This is somehow confusing.

Bernui
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/4/2022

Fishbowl Inventory Review

Pros

Integration with our manufacturing process was easy. Purchases, Receiving, Bill of materials and Work Orders fulfilled our needs.

Cons

Reports provided are too basic, no help documentation to create your own reports. If you need a detailed or custom reports you have to purchase them apart.

BatchMaster ERP

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

ERPNext didn't fulfill our needs preparing work orders.

ERPNext
Nicole
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Horrible-run!

The salesteam was great however they will tell you everything is possible until it is too late to be reimbursed - beware!

Pros

What I liked most is what the salesman told me was possible until I went to implement and found it really was not possible at all

Cons

If you are a public warehouse with many customers, this soft ware is not for you. This software only allows 1 product to belong to 1 customer otherwise you have to give it a completely different name. We deal with customers who all sell to each other and it was a nightmare to find this out the day of deployment after 1 year of upgrades

Top Fishbowl Alternatives

Oscar
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Fishbowl Review

Pros

Accommodates your daily tasks with reliability.

Cons

You have to really understand it to avoid flaws in the system.

• Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 22/6/2022

Good Value and performance

Fishbowl has been key to our organization. This is where we maintain all inventory and create sales and purchase orders.

Pros

Controlling inventory and sales management

Cons

Creating customized reports can be cumbersome

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

The ability to create complex bills of materials and maintenance of all inventory. In addition the ability to talk to Quickbooks for all billing.
Jarod

Reviewed on 18/6/2022

Fishbowl

Pros

Ease of use. Seem to make updates from requested ideas.

Cons

They don't currently have an online version, only through hosted.

Agiliron

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

Agiliron support is horrible. Worst company I have ever dealt with.
Kasie
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/4/2022

Fishbowl

It is easy to use and has some great features

Pros

The ease of using and tracking our inventory

Cons

It still is not 100% accurate- there were errors in our set up -not sure if it was internal or with the software.

Shatonia
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

Clear my fishbowl

Pros

I really enjoy this software and the order tracking

Cons

I haven’t experienced any issues with this ordering software

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Inventory done well

Pros

Integration of various areas of business done very wellMaintaining the data is simple

Cons

Sometimes the interface gets slow, which needs to be changed

Margot
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

Fishbowl Review

I loved my overall experience, as it improved my online business

Pros

I loved that this made me look at tracking my inventory in a new way

Cons

I thought there were a lot of features I ended up not using very much

Michelle
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/2/2022

A Great All Around Product For Inventory

Fishbowl has helped us save money by being able to control everything from inside and not having to hire multiple 3rd parties to make connections. Fishbowl continues to add and upgrade the software to what consumers ask for.

Pros

Fishbowl software is easy to use. I like that you always have step by step instructions and some videos to help guide you. If you don't find what you are looking for, all it takes is an email, and support helps you as quickly as they can.

Cons

The only negative issue I have while using Fishbowl software is with the reports. Even though they have multiple reports to choose from, I feel as some of them can be upgraded to include more than one product a t a time. Example, when searching for a product that was sold on a particular day, and you have more than one size of the same product, it would be nice to be able to select as many products as you want to look at versus one at a time.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for this review, Michelle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has been satisfactory and will take your suggestions into consideration while we continue to make improvements.

Replied 17/3/2022
Jessi
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/5/2021

Fishbowl has been great for us as a small food manufacturer

Overall, good experience - we needed a tool like this and it meets our needs for being SQF and USDA Organic.

Pros

Fishbowl helps us maintain all lot tracing records, re-order points, and sales and purchase orders. It makes audit time much simpler!

Cons

There aren't as many reports as I would like and it isn't very intuitive to setup - we had to hire an outside expert.

Wherefour

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

It was too difficult to prepare for an audit.

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

Customer service and overall capabilities

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our company, Jessi. We appreciate your feedback! We are glad to hear your experience has been satisfactory and will look into improvements based on your suggestions as well.

Cindy
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

Fast and Easy to Use!

Pros

Integration with our accounting software. Able to save documents to the drive for later recall. Multiple users in the system without slow down. Get ship quotes while staying in the sales order. Able to email customer estimates from sales order.

Cons

Updates sometimes cause issues with the software and need to be addressed by customer service. Customer service is only open 8-6 mountain time. Our third party forms are easily broken when major updates are needed. This slows our processes down.

Miriam
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Works great for Small Manufacturer

I love the ease of analyzing each piece of our manufacturing process.

Pros

Ease of Quickbooks Online integration, ease of cost analysis

Cons

Reports are not as easy to manipulate as some programs

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for your review, Miriam. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to give us some feedback.

Christy

Reviewed on 18/7/2016

Using Fishbowl for a year

I've been using Fishbowl for the past year. I bought it for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons for me was because it can allow me to save credit card information for clients who continually order through our company. Another reason I liked it, is because I could place orders from anywhere using one of the plug ins. But the biggest reason I purchased it is because of it's accuracy in inventory, and because of the depth of the software features, I know that when I expand and have more than one location, a warehouse full of vases, ribbon, and potentially open a wholesale location for a facet of the industry in addition to the flowers, I'm not going to outgrow the software. I'm not even using all the features right now, but I can't wait until my small flower shop is big enough to have 3-4 locations, and use the reorder points! I know that sounds silly, but the software has been so nice because I can scale it for what I need now, and grow into it. And it's PAID for. That always feels nice :)

Pros

Encrypted credit card capture to charge recurring clients
Stores pictures of the products that we sell
Easy to add parts and products
Lots and lots and lots of reports--- I don't think I've even opened half of them yet!
I like how many features it has even though I don't use them all... it makes me think "When I get that far, then I can use this software to {fill in the blank} it's nice to know I literally have no limitations

Cons

I haven't found anything yet!

Leanne

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Very tough start, but once up and running, seems much more friendly.

Pros

Search function is amazing! Really like Fishbowl for the most part. Ordering, inventory tracking, automatic updating, etc.

Cons

1) Can't look at a part and see how many times it was ordered easily. Have to go in and out of the purchase orders. Would like to look at a part, see how often it was ordered and from whom, how many were ordered and how much we paid in a simple list form. Right now I only see the PO/Vendor without any of the important details like quantity ordered and cost.
2) I also think the Revision for an item should follow the part. It does not. There is a revision field that shows up on the purchase order, but doesn't print anywhere AND is not the same field from the Part Detail screen. In a manufacturing environment the revision for any given part should follow the part around the database, including onto purchase orders so the vendor knows what to fabricate. Right now I have to manually enter the revision on the vendor screen. The revision from the Part Detail screen should automatically populate on the Vendor screen for said part so that when the item is ordered, it appears on the purchase order .
3) I find the documentation sometimes lacking detail.
4) I'd also like to be able to create custom reports myself and without turning back the hands of time and forcing Java to use an old revision (required for iReport). A report creation function in Fishbowl would be awesome! Even my archaic old Parts & Vendors software allowed me to do create custom reports.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017

Fishbowl Good For SMBs Wanting An On-Premises ERP, But Prepare To Outgrow It.

It provided a decent ERP for the price but is definitely geared to low transaction volumes.

Pros

Fishbowl is relatively easy to use (by nature, ERP systems are complex) and is relatively reliable for companies whose transactions number in the low hundreds per day. Their support is quite effective but may be slower than you like -- if your business is effectively down due to an ERP issue, the last thing you want to get when you call support is voicemail. Unless things have changed in recent (2017) releases, one must update the local client with each system update, and that can be problematic for small shops that do have centralized software management and have restricted local rights on their PCs. They did change from FireDB to MySQL late last year, which improved performance drastically, but the database still requires a lot of optimization, care and feeding in order to get peak performance. Eventually, the company I worked for decided that it had outgrown FBI and migrated to NetSuite.

Cons

* Slow support response
* Relatively slow performance
* Cannot cancel running batch jobs
* They recommend(ed) running Quickbooks and Fishbowl on the same server, which meant an extremely expensive server was required. The alternative was to split the two apps onto different machines and experience super-slow batch updates (some ran hours)

Emil

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

Positive. Fishbowl performs its functions efficiently

It replaced a very old and unreliable product. By integrating with QuickBooks, we greatly expanded the candidate pool for our accounting department. We were able to grow our business with lower growth in staff.

Pros

The user interface allows new users to become proficient quickly. The ability to incorporate bar codes and product images is helpful. It is a great substitute for the Inventory module of QuickBooks if you need to do a lot of kitting and assemblies as well as calculating landed costs for imports.

Cons

Report writing/modifying is cumbersome. End user is captive to Fishbowl or 3rd party authors. There should be more flexibility akin to Quickbooks for users to add/subtract columns of data as well as filtering by multiple criteria. Most filters are all/everything or just one Customer, Vendor, Part Number, etc. We also had to have custom reports created for some very basic inventory management reports - FB's main purpose. More end user input should have been/should be sought
EDI implementation is possible, but through 3rd party providers and automating order processing is limited.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

The Way Software Should Work

If you are a small business manufacturer, this is the system for you. Don't even question the price. It is 1/10 the price of "enterprise" systems with all the features you need. If it sounds like I'm a fan-boy, I am. I love it when software works the way it should.

Pros

The program is intuitive and extremely in depth. We a food manufacturer (coffee roaster) and we invoice through Fishbowl. We are not yet using the mobile app, so I can't talk about that. Unlike our accounting system (brand Q), one module smoothly integrates with the next. It is easy to administer and our users just get it. It is the standard by which other database systems should be measured. The integration with Quickbooks is painless. Fully automated and has never, never failed. I have not had one single

Cons

Their chat support isn't the most knowledgeable. They do have the option of custom fields, but there isn't the option to make some fields visible/invisible. The server occasionally locks up, however, all you need to do is restart. No fuss.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Top Notch Support

Our company has used FB for many years now and rely heavy on its capabilities to run our business. From a support standpoint I rate it A+

Pros

Fishbowl is a simple but robust solution and meets our requirements from order entry and order fulfillment at our Headquarters and manufacturing facilities. It integrates with Salesforce via a API and is continually improving. The Fishbowl Plug-in team specifically Jacobi Sardoni is great to work with as they focus on the problem, help you resolve it and educate you on the way. Over all very professional in their efforts. Thank you!

Cons

From a sales perspective, the Salesforce API was initially limited but has gone through some major revisions to become a more robust API we can trust. Their are still some features that need to be improved relative to fulfillment.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for this review, Michael. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us, here at Fishbowl.

Replied 31/1/2022
Tonya
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Company Review

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use but especially the customer service. the employees are very knowledgeable of the product and how it should be used.

Cons

I really do not have one . If there is a problem I can always count on customer service to assist.

NetSuite

Price

Response from Fishbowl

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this kind review, Tonya. We are so glad to hear that your experience with our customer service team has been satisfactory. Thank you for your business.

Replied 8/11/2021
KATHY
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

Good, Solid WMS

Fishbowl is a good, solid warehouse management system. It has all the functionality needed to manage our inventory and warehouse (over 1500 bin locations and 5000 sku's in a 25,000sq ft whse) . Customer support is always helpful and friendly.

Pros

Cycle Counting Functionality, Lot Traceability, Can track customer specific fields like Country of Origin, Carton Quantity, any specific as needed. The activity report is very detailed to track parts and what user touched them last. We import and are able to easily hold the product in our inventory for dollar value but as 'in-transit' (not sellable or pickable) once it sails until it actually hits the door. Inventory dollars between FB and Quickbooks are very accurate.

Cons

Does not have an EASY way to handle 'outside processing'; It can be done with transfer orders, but it is a bit time consuming.
Currently, the Activity Report is losing user ids.

Sandra
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Fishbowl Tech Support

Pros

A knowledgeable support team and a WMS with many advanced features needed if an inventory management system.

Cons

Overall, all good. But, plugins could be a bit more affordable to purchase.

NetSuite

Affordability.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Sandra. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Morton
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

Materials Manager

One thing that I am most grateful for is that we chose a software package that is actively being improved... constantly... that is a real plus.

Pros

The company is continuously improving the product. They listen to their customer's suggestions... and also keep abreast of changing ways in which businesses function in our changing world. When they detect 'bugs'... they fix them!

Cons

As with most all software packages... the reports are not the most robust... However, there are 3rd party programmers who partner with Fishbowl. I run our entire business relying on reports that I have designed and then paid the 3rd party programmers to produce... the cost is very reasonable. This isn't really a 'con'... as almost all software has generic reports due to the fact that there is such a diverse user group.

J.D.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/6/2021

Dive In

It was helpful to "listen" to others share their experiences, whether it be the profession as a whole (educators, nationally), within the state, or in my various subject areas. Being able to go specific which bowl I was reading or posting to really helped the conversations and information be specific to my needs.

Pros

It was nice to be able to connect with various chat groups that reflected my interests and needs, both personal and professional. The anonymity it provided allowed me to share more frankly within each group.

Cons

I found myself repeatedly checking back on my posts to make sure I wasn't identifiable to others. My account would show a lot about me but luckily my posts did not. It would be nice if there were an option for each post: IDENTIFY ME or POST ANONYMOUSLY.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for your review, J.D. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far.

Replied 25/1/2022