About Salesforce Service Cloud

Service Cloud from Salesforce is a cloud-based customer service management solution that is designed to initiate customer service activities from anywhere. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Service Cloud works to centralize and...

4.1
4.2

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Matt

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Service from Salesforce

We have never had issues with support since implementing the service cloud and have freed up time from our CS department.

Pros

Integration to our sales cloud, RingDNA
Ease of use and easy tracking of tickets
Both Sales and Service now have a better understanding of their customer and both need to ask each other all the time.

Cons

Felt the cost of both Sales and Service cloud does become pricey but you can get both a little cheaper together.

ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

With us using Sales cloud didn't make sense using anything else.
Krishna

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

It's fantastic that it's adaptable and customizable

Use this in my store to run my firm, and it provides a lot of amazing options and friendly customer support as well as an excellent program. Although the pricing structure can be a bit of a challenge to stomach at times, the customization and integration options are practically limitless, so that alleviates my concerns.

Pros

The most appealing aspect of Salesforce Service Cloud to me is how simple it is to use. You don't need any support managing Your Salesforce environment after only a few minutes of training and a few tips. If You don't have the time or inclination to learn how to write difficult code, this tool will allow You to accomplish Your aim in a few of mouse clicks.

Cons

Sales and Service cloud might be expensive, but buying them both at once can save you some money. Unless a former colleague serves as a mentor, it is difficult to learn the ropes.

bri
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

salesforce review

Pros

This software is extremely impactful when you are a small business and wanted to connect with new clients that come across your website and fill out the contact form or that just want more information. this software alerts you immediately which allows you to catch the new client at peak interest. it also lets you track what stage of communication you are in and is easy for marketing to send out these potential advertisements to the right people.

Cons

there is a lot going on when you first get the hang of it but once you start investigating the software a little more its easy to get in the groove of things.

Top Salesforce Service Cloud Alternatives

Govindraj
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Complex customer support software

We tried our best to customise Salesforce and for a year we used it but we found that the kind of features we needed it required a Salesforce consultant team to build it however with an extra cost with a dependency so we moved to Zendesk because they provided exactly what we needed at a much less cost and without needing a consultant. Mid-size companies should never use Salesforce cloud unless if their requirements are very high which cannot be fulliled by a out of box customizated product like Zendesk.

Pros

Only reports. They have a very good Reports which can be used to build a Dashboard which are very easily customised.

Cons

It is highly complex and it doesn't come with out of box customization. For every single feature implementation u will need a. Consultant. It is only suitable for big call center provided if they maintain a Salesforce engineering team to create and implement all the features as per the Support departments requirements.

Emilio

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

Powerful and Customizable: A Review of Salesforce Service Cloud

In conclusion, Salesforce Service Cloud is a powerful and customizable customer service software that can help businesses manage customer interactions and improve their customer service operations. While it may be more complex than other options, it offers robust features and reporting capabilities that can help managers track performance and identify areas for improvement. If you're looking for a comprehensive customer service solution, Salesforce Service Cloud is worth considering.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud is a customer service software that offers a wide range of features for businesses to manage customer interactions, including case management, knowledge management, and self-service portals. The platform is highly customizable, allowing teams to tailor it to their specific needs and processes. Additionally, Salesforce Service Cloud offers robust reporting and analytics capabilities, which can help managers track performance and identify areas for improvement.

Cons

One potential con of Salesforce Service Cloud is that the platform may be more complex and harder to navigate for new users compared to other customer service software. It may take some time to get familiar with the platform and its features.

Theresa
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

One of the Best

10 out of 10, this tool is very useful for reporting productivity and csat scores, track and keep everything in place.

Pros

I've been using Salesforce for quite some time now and this really helped me with a lot of things. Reporting and ticketing system. Very easy to use and very essential.

Cons

Nothing much, since SF is improving with updates and fixes bugs and glitches.SF is also not that hard to manage.

Alberth
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

Simply the best tool to log tickets and provide support.

The best, it has really growth throughout the years, we have managed to integrate some tools such as Nice In contact, VRA, and even LucidChart flowcharts.It deploys and works above and beyond.

Pros

Amazing tool to receive incoming calls and chats and log interactions.It has improved the way we provide information to a customer and the way we create and resolve incoming tickets.

Cons

It sometimes will take a bunch of time to load a stored document from past years.

Larissa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 7/1/2023

Integration of systems and ideas for salesforece resolution

is an extremely user-friendly tool, but it can facilitate other tools for the administrators and thus make it easier for the users as well. Everyone will benefit.

Pros

Well, the software leaves updates according to the key users for the service, and depending on the problem it is solved quickly.

Cons

But still lack communication between adm and user to confirm whether it was resolved or not.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

A Quick Review of the Salesforce

I enjoy Salesforce. It is user-friendly and there is a lot of information at your fingertips.

Pros

I like that this software allows you to do many different things with it. I like how there are knowledge-based articles that are valuable resources to those who utilize that feature. As a user of Salesforce, this is gold.

Cons

I think that when logging a call the call reason and call issue need to be more defined.

Jahnvi

Reviewed on 21/1/2023

Helps in Knowledge Management

Pros

This software has helped me a lot in knowledge management

Cons

This software can never be used without training, so that is a short coming

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Complex, but worth the learning curve

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has made it so much easier to customize our frontline agents' experience, with integrated knowledge hubs, tooling, and more.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve, but ultimately I feel that the benefits are worth the time investment that the team had to make.

Patrick

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with...

I really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.

Pros

We are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.

Cons

I'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.

Barkha
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Exceptional customer engagement tool

It is a very unique cloud-based help desk tool which is different from many other traditional softwares. We have been working on this platform for more than 2 years now and we have been able to complete our assigned tasks on-time with the help of advanced features of this tool. You can validate customer details and generate business reports as well through this cloud-based software. Overall, it is a very nice application and I recommend it to every organisation.

Pros

This tool has multiple helpful features to connect with your clients remotely. It has got the best ticketing management system. The live chat features provided by Salesforce are super awesome and put your work at ease. The best thing about the live chat is you can see what the client is typing on their device so that you can be prepared for their question well in advance. Apart from that, you can also set automatic replies for faster resolution on the live chat. Customer Engagement becomes effortless with the help of technical features provided by this platform.

Cons

Sometimes, it becomes too slow and we face performance issues. I think they can make this software even more faster and responsive. Apart from that, the chat panel becomes slow when there are more than 3 active chats.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

New Business Owner Tool!

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

Richard
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Timeless Timesaving

Generally very positive. It's expansive and customisable so with some planning and time you can get it to do just about anything.

Pros

To be able to create your own fields, tables, and custom code calculations is a wonderful boon. It means your wish list can actually be catered for, and better you can keep adding or taking away as your systems develop and refine over time.

Cons

It can get quite complex to integrate multiple third-party systems, but when it's done, and there is support, you have a fully integrated system that provides ALL the information you need on a client account and project at your fingertips.

Travis
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

Good case management, but customizations are going to cost you

It's been reasonable. The service has tiered packages. This does not allow for certain items to be addressed without a higher tier of service.

Pros

The case intake and knowledge base are the best parts of the service cloud.

Cons

Salesforce's slogan is "clicks, not code" but to get anything that fits a brand that already exists, involves code. You can click through configuration s but customizations come at a price.

Freshdesk, SugarCRM and Zendesk Suite
Nadia
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management!

It's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!

Pros

I fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.

Cons

The set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )

Kirsten

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

A Great Software For Team Collaborations

Overall, I think Salesforce is great! It’s an amazing multi-purpose tool!

Pros

It’s super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It’s always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It’s a great multi purpose tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I’m not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren’t involved, chattered, or following an account.

Sal

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Best CRM tool available right now

The overall user experience depends greatly on how the system is set up from the beginning by architects and developers. For example, if there is a company merge, which Salesforce paradigm will the company use if both designs were efficient for the users?

Pros

The Salesforce Sales Cloud product provides clear visibility to the status of sales revenue. I really enjoy the Chatter feature so I don't have to necessarily have to explain to another colleague where to find the account or opportunity. They also provide a Sandbox called Trailhead that allows anyone to learn how to best utilize the product for their business purposes.

Cons

It is not a BI tool Software. When you look at the reporting features available, it does not have the ability to manipulate data like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Qlik products.

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

Salesforce Review

Massively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.

Pros

-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything.

-The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard.

-The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time

-Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.

Cons

- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning

Desirae
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

Salesforce for all

I have worked with Salesforce for a number of years, both from a support side as well as an admin side. It is very nice out of the box and very easy to customize where needed. The automation features were always great. I have watched them evolve into some truly amazing features and become easier to use for the masses. I have recommended several companies purchase the platform, including but not limited to the company I currently work for. Each time they make the investment and see all that it can do for them, not just in sales and marketing areas, but also in HR, Project Management and so on, they are amazed and thrilled with their decision. The app exchange just adds the cherry on top of this magnificent sundae.

Pros

I like the flexibility it offers in customizations and configurations. The appexchange also is a huge plus. You can find just about any addon you may need, and often times can even find a suitable solution for free.

Cons

The two biggest drawbacks I have noticed are the following:
The inability to use custom fiscal years in the new forecasting.
The inability to keep the side panel open when choosing a new contact in the lightning version of Salesforce for Outlook.

Reviewed on 29/9/2018

The best CRM on the market for a reason

very good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.

Pros

Really more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.

Cons

If anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.

Katherine

Reviewed on 18/8/2017

Short learning curve, good basic service

Overall, it's a great program for managing all of the emails and social media requests from customers (except instagram).

Pros

The user interface is attractive and easy-to-navigate making on-boarding new customer service reps easier. Also (unlimited?) macros make it easier to answer frequent questions/comments in minimal time. They can even be answered in mass. With labels, you can track types of comments and concerns.

The program also integrates with LiveChat, however, the execution is cumbersome.

Cons

When there are technical issues, they are large technical issues. In the few months that I have used the program, I have experienced issues with facebook messages from the last 3 years suddenly reappearing in my inbox. This has happened twice. I've also experienced where the program stopped sending or receiving messages. There is a daily (or hourly depending on setup) desk event notification. However, it does not have any useful or actionable information.

Also, I've called Customer Support a few times when I could not find an answer to a problem. Each time they asked me to go search for the problem in their help articles. That's not very helpful.

I like the reporting function so I can get a view of how busy the group is. However, I wish there was a way to compare the metrics to others. In other words, it gives me a lot of data but it's not easy to turn that into information.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers

Salesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!

Pros

The best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Price might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.

Loren
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

Salesforce Service Cloud

Generally positive as far as helping to make us more professional as an organization, e.g., retaining sales projects status and contact information.

Pros

Access from the cloud and data retention is great. When a salesperson left our company, we were able to easily see what the employee was working on, including last e-mails, quotes and buyers' contact information.

Cons

It was problematic with our accounting software to achieve an efficient integration, e.g., pulling sales data from our system into Salesforce. It also was a bit complicated as far as integrating Outlook with Salesforce to link e-mail correspondence.