About Loc8

Loc8 is a cloud-based platform that allows users to create and send quotes, manage their jobs and their teams and gain financial insights about their operations. With Xero and QuickBooks integrations, all invoices can be created,...

Browse Loc8 Reviews

Lois G.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Excellent for tracking records for a smaller business.

Ability to track our jobs and material.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to download documents. Ease of access for other users to track your information. Professional quality. Easy to print documents. Holds large files.

Cons

Would like an easier way to search jobs. Multiple search tools. Times out quickly have to sign in again. Will freeze frequently.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Lois,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we appreciate and value your feedback.

We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our product! Customer experience/satisfaction is at the epicentre of our business strategy!

Reedwaan I.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Loc8 software

I use it for work applications but find it can be complex to use at times. Sometimes it's difficult to update applications, not sure if it's server issues or software problems

Pros

Can use it on mobile phone

Cons

Not as responsive

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Reedwaan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our software!

We understand your frustration regarding certain aspects of our platform and we couldn¿t agree more with some of the points you raise.

As a result, we have been working hard to develop an advanced version of our platform in order to thwart these issues that you and other customers have faced using the previous version of our software.

We encourage you to take advantage of the 14-day free trial so you can take note of the significant improvements. Our support team will get in touch with you and they will do their very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Even though you have experienced some inconveniences using our system in the past, we can assure you that customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy!

Your feedback has helped us to improve our system, so now let us return the effort and see how we can help you improve your business too!

Replied 4/11/2016
Ben M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2/4/2018

Software has really changed direction in the last couple of years and gone away from asset mgt

The original versions were great for letting us inventory our items and allow external access for clients....but since the upgrade it has made it extremely hard add items in a quick and timely manner.

Pros

It is online and hosted. Support in Australia. Extremely knowledgeable support. It's ability to create logins for external users is very useful

Cons

painfulness of importing items with pictures, it can not deal with assets with images in a user friendly way and has caused a lot of issues with out clients.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Ben,

Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help you improve your Loc8 experience. We could easily get one of our Support team members to call you!

Replied 5/4/2018
Jessica B.

Helpdesk operator review

I do enjoy using Loc8 as i do find it easy to navigate around, but we do experience it going slow quite frequently

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

I'd say 45% of the time we have problems with it going slow

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we really appreciate and value your feedback.

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so we will keep on working hard and do our very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Edo D.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Loc8 is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. It has all the features I need. Service...

The ability to manage the warranty period on new builds in a more efficient manner.

Pros

It has all the features I need and the screens are easy to follow and are not crowded. They have both the desktop version and the mobile phone version for both Android and Apple.

Cons

There was a bug in the system that is currently being addressed. They got onto it as soon as I made them aware of it.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Edo,

We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our product! Customer experience/satisfaction is at the epicentre of our business strategy and we will keep on doing our best to make Loc8 an intuitive and user-friendly platform.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

Ive had a great time using this software! The only thing is glitches I can't fix in beta...

Pros

I love that I can quote and dispatch to workers the jobs and keep the time management! Love it! Shows me my efficiency. Freaking rocks. And that it's all pretty darn simple.

Cons

I hate that I can't send an invoice! Like what the heck! I can quote, manage workers in/out times, dispatch. But when it's all said and done, I can't get paid. I have to outsource that. Lame.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

We are glad to know that in overall, you are satisfied with our product! You'll be happy to know our QuickBooks Integration is not far off, and Xero integration is already working. In the meantime, don't hesitate to get in touch with our Support Team if you have any questions.

We are here to make your Loc8 experience pleasant and seamless!

Loc8 to QuickBooks Online Integration ==> http://help.loc8.com/using-loc8-browser/integrations/loc8-to-quickbooks-online-integration

Ian C.

Reviewed on 13/8/2010

ARA Group - Premier Building Services Company

I highly recommend that organisations (large or small) looking for enterprise grade asset management, CMMS, and helpdesk functions neatly packaged into a single on-line system, take a good look at Loc8. You won't be disappointed.

Pros

Template driven asset library which can be customised to suit any type of asset.
Very functional Helpdesk with good SLA management and notifications system based on both incident and workorder status.
Web based application, providing quick and simple access to users anywhere, anytime.
Fully integrated Mobile applications that eliminate paperwork, enhance field workforce efficiency, provide real time asset/maintenance feedback and speed up invoicing.
Asset-centric system that provides historical maintenance data down to the asset level, including individual faults and fault rectification status.
A very flexible set and forget planned maintenance scheduling system that auto creates/dispatches workorders when required.
Excellent dashboard reporting tool. Many other really great features and benefits I don't have time to list.

Cons

Reporting is easy to use and functional but can't produce comprehensive custom reporting.

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Good software for the right business model

We were looking For an easy to use software for scheduling technicians and completing quotes out in the field. We are a small company but are growing quickly and are hoping to find a software that will help us expand and grow without breaking the bank

Pros

Great customer service, fairly easy to use software

Cons

Cost and it just wasn’t the best fit for our business

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback!

We are pleased to know that in overall, you are satisfied with your Loc8 experience. If you require any assistance with your Loc8 system, we would happily get one of our Support Team members to get in touch with you.

Simply let us know!

Replied 7/8/2018
Phillip B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Phil B review

Overall Loc8 is a easier app to navigate once I had a few goes at it. There are some issues at times where the app shuts down midway through inputting data and the ability to search by the serial number of an item would be helpful, currently I only know how to search by the barcode/id #, if the item I have lost its barcode I have to input it as a new item which then doubles up that item on the register. Also if I am in an area with no mobile reception and creating a new item and task I can't access the area to input the whole description of that item in "view". Other than those issues I like the app.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Phillip,

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so we will keep on working hard to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Tim V.

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Hi I like Loc8 and been able to incorporate the Application into the contruction industry.

I work off a Tablet & the screen does not rotate! Notes only hold 120 characters. We need to hold more ! ! My trades have limited notes when they carry out the tasks and it chews up my time emailing and calling them to complete the tasks correctly and in turn they are required to return to the property using more of their time.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Tim,

Lindsey K.

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

Concept is great, need to work on execution

I think once all the bugs are fixed Loc8 will work for our business. Currently it is only able to preform half the job we anticipated. It is creating a mountain of overflow work as our Techs are not able to add new assets, this is a huge administration expense.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Lindsey,

Nick A.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

This had made things more organized for us!

Went from paper to digital.

Pros

We went from a paper to all digital system with loc8. We are more organized and ready for the future!

Cons

Still lots of growing to do for loc8 but I see them eventually becoming a solid application and system if they keep pushing.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Nick,

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with your Loc8 experience!

Don't hesitate to let us know if you would like further assistance with your Loc8 system. We are here to help!

Replied 18/7/2018

Easy and handy

job management

Pros

Ease of use
inputting customers
assigning technicians
setting up jobs
maps integration
very quick uploading photos to jobs with camera integration

Cons

occasional crashing on android app
long load times
no calendar yet
free version is a bit limited but hey its free

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

Matt W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Not bad; room for improvement though

I am only using the free version, so great value and unbelievable customer response time (do you guys ever sleep? :-)
I definitely would like to see some improvements in functionality :
1) the ability to change job priority after creating the job
2) the ability to add or modify the job priority system/scheme
3) the response time is very very laggy ... it takes too long for the screen to update after you do something
4) even for the free version, why not let a user select from a drop down Corrective or Preventive maint,
5) reporting features could be enhanced (more custom reporting would be nice)

Thanks

Pros

- assigning of unique job #s
-responsive support

Cons

- lack of features, functionality
- laggy webpage updates after edit

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Matt,

Vaughan H.

Good System

Good system to work with. Easy to review at a glance. Robust operational procedures and great technical support

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Vaughan,

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so we are very pleased to know that your Loc8 experience is a success!

Bruce H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Good value

Loc8 is a very useful tool. Still needs some tweaking but very valuable in assisting in regular maintenance and asset listing

Pros

User friendly

Cons

touchy paging down on some screens

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Bruce,

Brandon F.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

Great Field Service App

So far its been great. I switched because my last FSM software increased the pricing and/or changed the pricing structure. Since I am a very small service company specializing in life safety inspections, I don't always need the routing, GPS tracking, auto emails and SMS, etc. Many programs now days either lump the few options I need (tasks, subtasks, portal, branding, etc) with numerous functions I would never use. This usually prices it out of a reasonable range.....

Pros

The , most important feature, to me is the ability to create a job from within the app, on the fly. Many FSM apps force a user to go to the website via browser to add certain information. I realize that's on purpose, to limit junk information being input into your system, however for smaller companies like me its critical to be able to perform all functions within the app.

Cons

It appears there are certain features that are not in the freemium version. I would like it if there was a way to perform an extended demo of those items. also, It would be great if items not included in the freemium could be on a menu based subscription.
Lastly, where most of these softwares fail, in my opinion, is bulk export of everything. I.e. - if I ever cancel for any reason, I should be able to bulk export all of my pictures, files, notes, contacts, work orders, invoices, etc …. most either have very limited export options or require manual export per job, etc.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your feedback and review. We will get in touch with you soon regarding a demo of the premium features!

Regards,

Replied 8/10/2018
Corwin D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Straight Forward and User Friendly

It's so simple to use that I can refer associates and colleagues to open jobs, they can do the job and I get a finders fee. I don't even have to touch the job technically, I can get paid.

Pros

During the start-up period of my business, I went through the trial periods of several task management and technical dispatch programs. Jobber, Housecall, Thumbtack and then Loc8. While Jobber and Housecall are over complicated with hidden fees attached everywhere, I found Loc8 to be very intuitive and very affordable in the long run and the trial is completely free. All of those programs require you to modify and manually tweak the settings at some point so the easier a program like Loc8 is to use, the more time you can dedicate to developing your business and getting projects done.

Cons

Being entirely cloud based can have it's downsides in the field when connectivity is spotty.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Corwin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review about our software, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback!

We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with your Loc8 experience as we are continuously working on ways to improve our platform to make it always more intuitive and effective.

Replied 9/10/2018

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Fairly easy to navigate, some changes required to tailor it to my liking.

Quickly and efficiently manage multiple jobs.

Pros

Much more open and navigational than V3. Able to have more control over jobs and the information within them.

Cons

When opening a job with 1 click, small window opens with brief details, Good! but the bad part is when double click - window opens fully, then < to exit back to the list of jobs, the page refreshes and it starts at the top of the list of jobs instead of where I was when I clicked to open the job. As a result I have to scroll down through over a 150 jobs to find where I was before I opened the job in full. This is a tedious task as I have to wait for the information to re-download. If this is done multiple times per hour I am losing time.
My suggestion is, when the job is opened in full then closed, the list of jobs remains the same as when the job is opened with one click for a brief view. Or, open in full view as a separate window so the job list is not affected and remains at the same location.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

We are glad to hear that your experience with the new version of our platform is satisfying. We are constantly trying to improve our solution to make it seamless and intuitive to all our users.

We take note of the feedback you've listed in your review and we will make sure that this information gets passed onto our Product Team.

In the meantime, if you need any assistance to navigate your way around the new Loc8 system, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We are always happy to help our customers!

Willoughby P.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Every Field Serviceman’s Must-Have

Running a handyman company in the Las Vegas desert became much easier with the application and it’s dire and communication between clients, technicians and dispatch. We still need more help setting up our system, however we have had great reviews from our team and users on awesome confirmation notifications of both appointments and status updates! Greatly looking forward to trialing properly and integrating new customers into this easy to operate program! It would help if there were 24/7 customer service to aide in the setup outside of Australian timezones.

Pros

Seamless run from app to website. Team and customers can see and communicate in real time, in one place!

Cons

The limited abilities of tutorials or guidance without reading hours of text... more videos on YouTube would even work. We have also noticed that we need to be able to customize more texts & e-mails between clients, customers and technicians.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Willoughby,

We are continuously working on all aspects of our apps, user interface included, to provide a good and seamless user experience. If you ever need assistance with your Loc8 system, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, one of our Support Team members will be happy to help!

We are working on some better documentation and tutorials, you should see that release over the coming weeks and months.

Replied 11/10/2018
Adam M.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Worth It!

Excellent customer service, Very helpful with queries, Easy to setup, Easy to use, Good functionality.

Pros

Loc8 is very easy to use once you have gotten your head around it, i've managed to get all our customers uploaded by a simple upload tool and got everything setup and ready to go. handy feature for users to see where other users are providing they have checked into the sites they visit. Very helpful support, managed to get any queries sorted easily.

Cons

Not much to say that's bad, The only down side for me was that Loc8 is based in Australia and i'm in the UK so the time difference makes a big impact on support questions. This cant be helped so doesn't pose a problem for me.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Adam,

Replied 11/10/2018
Tony N.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Have been less than impressed with this latest version. The application continually hangs.

Pros

The application is good in principle, but required the android mobile app to be fully functional before this was released!

Cons

The android mobile application continually causes the phone to hang, requiring a complete shutdown of the phone. The previous version was fully functional from the outset. This version has been overthought, less functional and has taken a backward step in user friendliness. It's more time consuming in completing processes than the previous version.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Tony,

We are aware of the fact that you are currently required to use a restricted portal of Loc8 as part of your contract with a larger organisation.

If you would like, we could organise a call with one of our Support Team members to present you the actual features and benefits of the Loc8 platform which are dramatically different from what you are currently experiencing with this portal.

Do let us know when you have time for a call, we would be pleased to continue this conversation with you!

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

LOC8 Review

Overall, yes I liked it if it was free, but having to pay for it made me feel like it’s more of a hassle when compared to other easier softwares.

Pros

I actually love that the customer can accept or deny my estimate sent to them by email. I also like that it turns your accepted estimates into jobs!

Cons

I don’t like that on some occasions my customers reported having to get a LOC8 app of some sort just to open my estimates. It may have been my having a setting on or something but that leads me to another point of the software not being as user friendly as I’d like. I wish there was some tutorial for how it’s supposed to work.

Rodney T.

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

Difficult to get paid

We have a dozen devices with Loc8, many with multiple daily jobs, so we have a very good feel about the software.
I suppose accountability is the big plus for with photos and comments our admin certainly knows what is happening, in real time.
The one problem we gave us when there are several different jobs in one work order which often is completed by different teams .... ie fencing and clearing fencing line( trees etc) are done separately. Because we cannot access charges our end of Loc8 we end up doing a lot of manual book work which in today's world shouldn't happen.
We have approached you about this but result.
We have also enquired about our own Loc8 for work other than HNZ .... we still wait after 2 years
My Accountant can explain our problem better ... talk to Sam on 04 5286007
Thanx
Rodney

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Rodney,

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so our support team will get in touch with you and they will do their very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Charity W.

Reviewed on 31/5/2018

Straight forward and easy to use software

Management of field staff

Pros

It can integrate with other accounting software. It is also very straightforward and easy to use. Also very affordable.

Cons

The software has some downtime which is very inconveniencing. It would also be good if the word technician is customizable to make it usable across the field service industry.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

We are glad to know that in overall, you are satisfied with our product! We take note of your feedback regarding the word technician and we will make sure that this information gets passed onto our Product Team.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you need assistance with your Loc8 system.