About HelpCrunch

HelpCrunch is a customer communication platform combining live chat, email marketing automation and a help desk in one solution. The solution helps support, sales and marketing teams to acquire, convert leads and support their...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse HelpCrunch Reviews

Leonardo

Awesome Value for the Money

Pros

If you deal with customers, you need a system in place. Emails are a way to lose customers, because the conversation get lost in the way.

We had this problem before, and we started to look for a system that could help us with our communication with customers and a central dashboard for our articles.

Helpcrunch helped us to solve this problem. We installed the widget in our site and started to deal with customers support in a centralized manner, and also helped us with lead generation.

The app also provides a knowledge base that you can use to keep your customers in the loop, on how to use your app and solve small issues without the need to reach out to support.

Helpcrunch also packs pro-active messages, that you can use to interact with people who visit your site.

It's easy and pleasent to use. I highly recommend

Cons

I can't say something bother us, I like the app and is easy to use.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your review, Leonardo.
We're building HelpCrunch to help businesses like yours to solve the exact problems you described.

Glad that you're able to centralize customer support and generate more leads for your business with the tool.
All the best!

Reviewed on 2/9/2019

Good but app can be better

I like the chat and the history of the chat by user/contact. If the mobile app could show me the meta data when a chat comes in, that would be perfect.

Pros

I use HelpCrunch because i needed a more advanced chat solution. I use the chat to support my logged in users. I do not want to aks them name or company (meta data) as i have this info as they are logged in already. It was important the chat had a mobile (iOS) app, so i can give support on the road and as soon as possible.
Looks nice and professional.
I do not use a lot of the other functions, like the Knowledge Base.

Cons

I have asked support multiple times to improve the mobile app. As a chat comes in, i can only see the name and none of the meta data, which is very important to me. I don't understand why this is not in the app, as it is an important part of the help solution.
The web application in the browser is a bit heavy. I could not (or very slow) load it on slow (hotel) internet connections. (working in Safari)

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey there! Thanks for all the feedback.
Our support team received your request regarding user data in mobile apps.
We've already added this to our backlog and we'll see how soon it will be implemented :)

We'll also look into the slow app loading on low internet speed.
Stay tuned! If you want to receive updates on those, just ping our team and we'll be sending you updates on periodic basis.

Replied 3/9/2019
Justin

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Good Live Chat and Knowledgebase Software with Affordable Pricing

Nice UI and easy to use interface. Easy setup. Affordable pricing.

Pros

Knowledge base accessible from Chat Widget. Auto messages. Bulk email. Mobile apps.

Cons

Mobile app notifications are late or sometimes did not appear.

Top HelpCrunch Alternatives

Bhushan

Sales Acquisition and Retention With HelpCrunch

Initially, we tracked our user behaviour of users coming on to the page. With this we tried to figure out what time most of the user are active and online, this helped us to followup with the user effectively and also helped us to improve our conversion rates to 12%.
Now, we are trying to send multiple follow up messages from the start with strong CTA's and have seen significant growth in sales.

Pros

Iam a noob developer and i have a responsibility of finding better customer relation management chat bot which improve my sales, i was on hunt for chatbots which is easy to use and customise, this is when i came across helpcrunch as i saw it gives me many integrations like mail and text where i get notified when an user has any concern. Along with this i also liked the customisation menu which is properly structured so that every entity can be changed with ease. As it also give 14 day free trial, this will altogether will get a customer and retain them effortlessly.

Cons

I liked pretty much everything, only thing i feel like can be improved is widget customisation along with the sizes and colours, this will make completely handful to the user.

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

Main reason of choosing helpcrunch over intercom is pricing as helpcrunch gives same features like intercom for the best price and affordable.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Bhushan!
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HelpCrunch.
Seeing those conversion, sales and retention metrics improve is what it's all about.

As to the widget customization, we've looked at dozens of other live chat solution and couldn't find a more customizable chat widgets.
On HelpCrunch you can change widget size, colors, and there are many other customization options to play with.
Nevertheless, we're constantly adding new exciting tweaks and features to the live chat. Feel free to reach out to our team to share your suggestions.

Replied 5/9/2019
Peter
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Excellent chat software for your Wordpress site!

Pros

Helpcrunch is very easy to setup and configure. They offer a very low cost (free) entry level so you can evaluate as long as you want. Helpcrunch has very low impact on the site performance, which is very important to me. Helpcrunch has an app on tablets and mobile phones which is extremely responsive. I hardly ever miss a chat because the app is so fast.

Cons

I can not think of anything I don’t like about the software. It is technically ok, and the developers are not harassing me with commercial mails like many other do. It is friendly software, made by friendly people.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate the kind words, Peter!

Petr

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

Itegrated cost effective solution very suitable for SMB

Pros

Great integrated solution suitable for SMB, easy to deploy and manage, no complicated ticketing system and features uselfull only for enterprices.
Knowledge base and chat integrated in one solution.
KB default design is modern and nice, not necessary to customize too much (compared to Freshdesk for example).
Full KB/chat customization is included (Freshdesk will ask you additional up to 40 USD).

Cons

Support can be faster. In „rush days“ you may wait a few hours for response, but then you’ll get professional answers that help you solve your problem.

LiveAgent, Freshdesk, Freshchat, EngageBay, Crisp and LiveChat

Reasons for Choosing HelpCrunch

HubSpot Knowledge base is available from Professional license, too expensive (>350 USD). Help Scout have issues with chat availabilty in SPA (need page refresh). Freshdesk and Freshchat are overcomplicated, for full KB customization you need to pay +40 USD (default KB design is ugly old style, full customization is necessary)

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

Met all requested features. Affordable price. Best quality / price ratio.
Juan

Excellent Tool For Your Customers

I honestly stayed because of the awesome customer service that I received before I was a customer, and after. If your customer service would have been subpar, I would have stayed with the product I used before.

Pros

My customers can reach me with any questions they have about something I offer, or something in general on my website. Like the instant message I get on the app, and the ability reply to customers, even when they have left the site.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is the fact that we can't change the suhdomain. I have my widget on multiple sites, but can't change the suhdomain.

BirdSeed, JivoChat and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing HelpCrunch

Was offered a lifetime deal with Help Crunch and the customer service was top notch.

BirdSeed

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

The quick and responsive customer service.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Juan! Thanks for your review.
Glad that you're now able to easily chat with your customers in real-time and reach them even after they leave your website.

Your feature request regarding subdomains is well taken. We should start working on this soon.

vincent
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good overall

We have seen a dramatic rise in the quality of our communications with customers during business hours.

Pros

Good solid connections with customers. Feel comfortable to know they have received some information.

Cons

Off hours are very hard to manage. Customers done seem to know they are not online with agent and are leaving s message. No online list of customers on website browsing before chat to give better view of who is going to chat and why.

Formilla.com

Reasons for Choosing HelpCrunch

Slow and unsteady. Would need updates or major issues would flurry.

LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

Range of customizable feature set.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Vincent! Thanks a lot for the review and the feedback!

Have you tried putting up an offline form & message? This helps your customers to clearly tell if your team is offline or not.
Feel free to reach out to our team via chat, we'll be happy to help you with that or any other questions.

• Industry: Consumer Services

HC runs our business!

Pros

Tribute is a business that directly interfaces with customers every single day on a very detailed level. HC helps us manage, organize and effectively communicate with every customer on time.

Cons

The UI has been improving over time which is great! A slightly more modern feel would be awesome. Functionality is much more important to us though

Response from HelpCrunch

We're very glad to have Tribute team with us, John!
Thanks for the kind words.
We expect to roll out a small UI update to make the chat look even more modern already this month.

Adam

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Best price-to-performance ratio helpdesk software!

Overall experience with HelpCrunch has been really good and I think it will really help us with our business.

Pros

I like the ways you can customize this product to your needs/themes and the easy of use. Literally everybody would be capable to write an article in HelpCrunch and the changes are global instantly.

Cons

Only thing I didn't like that much is securing a custom domain helpdesk with SSL on different server than apache or nginx - they don't have instructions for our kind of server.

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

They seemed as the best solution and so far they are.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HelpCrunch, Adam!
We'll be sure to update our security instructions for various servers.

Replied 9/10/2019

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

The Bread and Butter for your digital support team.

Pros

UI, Design, UX and features. Helpcrunch delivers value by focusing on communication. Sure you can have all the other bells and whistles it provides but for the price and plan you subscribe to it will do the job effectively and efficiently.

Cons

More integrations would be great and there are some 'limitors' based on plan but its only ever an issue if you're an enterprise. For the average startup or small business, helpcrunch is awesome.

Drift, Intercom and Zendesk Suite

Better Design

LiveChat

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the review!

tijan

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

My experience with helpcrunch

I have tried virtually most of the customer service software out there, zend desk, helpcrunch, freshchat and name it. I tried all of them for more than a year before deciding that HelpCrunch is the solution we need. I can begin to list the Pros and Cons of all of these software but I wont go into that.

HelpCrunch has a fantastic customer service team. Thumbs up particularly to Constantine, a great guy who is always on hand to assist at anytime. They treat you like a family. They continue to allow me test their software even when my trial has expired.

Like I said above, the only issue I see with this software is the shortcut on mobile and I hope it is resolved soon.

Pros

The software is easy to use and have some great features you wont find in the others.

Cons

The safe responses are not working on mobile. This is the only downsize I see to this software and the team has assured me that it is been worked on. This shortcut is essential

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Tijan!
Thanks so much for such kind words, passed this to the entire team (you made Konstantine blush btw).

Also, be sure that your feedback regarding saved responses on mobile is well taken - we will take care of this soon and notify you when done.

See you inside HelpCrunch!

Replied 30/7/2019
Puneet

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Easy to Use.

We are trying to automate the email communication to be sent to our seller base based on actions they perform on our platform.

Helpcrunch offers a great way to achieve our marketing as well as business goals.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and it's auto message functionality lets us connect custom data variables in our backend to theirs. And we are getting good email open rates so far.

Cons

We are expecting some features around:

1) Connecting a custom email domain.
2) Reports for auto messages.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review, Puneet!

We're pumped you're seeing success with your marketing automation campaigns.
We're definitely looking to add more features to our marketing software pretty soon which will help you in increasing your user engagement.
Stay tuned!

Replied 5/7/2019

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

Good alternative to Intercom

Pros

Feature packed and with good support, HelpCrunch is a great alternative to Intercom. It has chat, notifications, emails, and targeted data triggers which helps you improve both product and onboarding users.

Cons

It can get pricy too if you have a lot of users (operators) answering the chat.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you very much for your review. I'll forward your thoughts on pricing to our product team for review. Of course there're some services that are somewhat cheaper than HelpCrunch and even free, however comparing to Intercom we're more than affordable :)

It would be really great if you could share your thoughts on other services that provide the same functionality as HelpCrunch does while being cheaper. This will definitely help us.

Replied 23/1/2020
Tyler
  • Industry: Sports

Best Intercom Alternative

I started out on the free trial and loved it. Ended up getting one of their deals and stopped for a little while because our company was going through some issues. As we got back up, I bought an LTD and am so happy to use them again!

Pros

They have every function you need and are constantly adding more features

Cons

I wish the widget had more features to customize the view. Such as the company logo

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks, Tyler!
By the way, you can definitely put your company logo inside the chat widget. It's the first setting you will find in the widget customization options.
In case of any questions, you can always reach out to our support team via chat.

Matthew
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Switched over from LiveChat

HelpCrunch were really helpful (no pun intended). Set up a custom pricing plan for my needs within an hour.

Pros

Better value for money for the features I needed. For me it was important to have different customised widgets for different domains. I've been a LiveChat customer for a number of years but the pricing for the customisable widgets drove me away in the end. Software is super easy to use and personally I prefer the simpler and more modern appearance of the widget and the admin interface.

Cons

With HelpCrunch the price you pay is per agent that you set up. With some other systems the price you pay is per logged in/online user. I wanted to set up more users but only have a smaller number logged in at any one time. In the end, I calculated that I still made a significant saving compared to the same features on LiveChat and better still I was able to talk to HelpCrunch and they set up a custom plan for me.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Matthew! We're really glad to have you with us.

Replied 3/6/2019
Sasha
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

HelpCrunch and solving business problems

Pros

- multilingualism. The language can be changed directly from the app in real time. This was one of the main criteria for choosing a service for us.
- Customize css via admin panel. This makes the widget very flexible
- Real-time support communication. Within 10 minutes you will receive an answer to your questions and try to solve problems

Cons

- This is more a wish, not a minus, but I would also like to have official support for react-native.

Pratik

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

10 on 10 design, Easy Integration, Competitive Pricing

Satisfactory. although, I noticed that the conversation rate was very low if compared to the current service I am using.

Pros

The Design and Flexibility the Customize your widget, Widget Integration, Registration.

Cons

Nothing Out of the box. Pricing is same as many companies, however they are into a very competitive field with multiple alternatives having way better features and even cheaper for multiple agents (Jivochat, Zendesk Chat). I did not find any API for easier integration. Free Version is not at all recommended, Better software are there if you need it free.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Pratik.
Thanks a lot for your detailed review!

As to your comment regarding our free live chat version, we've analyzed lots of alternatives prior to launching our free plan.
From what we saw, it's hard to find any other free live chat solution that would allow to:
- store that many free contacts in your customer base (up to 500)
- create auto messages with lots of rules
- talk to your users with in-app messenger and integrate your custom data.
- customize your chat widget with such a decent number of options.

If you have any other feedback regarding the free plan, please don't hesitate to contact our support and share your feedback.
We always strive to improve our product for all categories of users from one-man bands to enterprises.

The info about our APIs is easily accessible in our Knowledge base.
Feel free to ask us any questions about the APIs anytime, we'll be happy to assist you with the integrations.
- Daniil

Replied 26/2/2019
Avo

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Simple, fun, works like a charm!

Pros

Very easy to set up with very nice support, using the same agent chat I use on my own website

Cons

IOS version lacks a few features, as I understand should be fixed in the next IOS update.

pricing and support

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Easy way for me to keep track of customer support and general help.

It has been positive. I can definitely see my traffic generating more visits and I am able to help others much faster.

Pros

It is a one stop shop for me to chat with customers or visitors at my website AND it also includes email integration. All of this comes at a reasonable price.

Cons

The Android app is still very buggy. It has become a little more stable, but it still needs work as others have mentioned.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the fair review. We are working on our Android app to improve its overall performance. Stay tuned, there is an update coming soon ;)

Replied 11/3/2020
Konstantin

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Easy to set up and send marketing messages

We were looking for a reliable communication solution for a reasonable price, and we got what we wanted.

Pros

We had no problem sending targeted messages to our customer audience through HelpCrunch toolset, it's easy to easy and offers a bunch of beautiful templates which we were able to customize as to our needs.

Cons

We are quite happy with HelpCrunch features and the seamless way it integrated with the other tools we are using.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for taking time to leave the review!

Replied 30/9/2019

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

Inexpensive alternative to Intercom

I would recommend Helpcrunch to all savvy sales/marketing/customer experience execs who are looking for a less expensive alternative solution to cover customer communication needs.

Pros

Helpcrunch doesn't break the bank unlike the major players like Drift or Intercom, yet it provides and extensive suite of functionality, very comparable to those two.

Cons

Nothing specific that I dislike - more native integrations would be nice though.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your thoughts, David!

Replied 22/9/2020
Lewis

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

A good value-minded customer chat app

HelpCrunch lets us focus on customer chat

Pros

HelpCrunch is a great solution when what you really want to focus on is chat-based support and conversion. It is easy to create lead popup magnets, send onboarding emails, maintain a knowledge base, and establish conversations with multiple operators. This covers most of the things we want and are happy that there is a value-based tool like this without the bloat of other tools.

Cons

It is a simplified system so you won’t find some of the more advanced features you’ll find on more expensive tools.

Elena

Reviewed on 14/2/2018

Great tool for chats and emails

It's much easier for our users to contact us via live chat, and for us, it's great to see all the history of communication

Pros

Helpcrunch allows us to engage with our users both via chat and email. All the history of communication is gathered in one place, so it's easy to see all the info.

Cons

It would be great to see some kind of a knowledge base to let me quickly deal with all the features. Anyway, support team is always ready to help me.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

Needs more work

Pros

has a lot of features such as online chat and emails

Cons

the icon is not customizable and we can't make it fit out brand

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review and the feedback! Would be great to know which icon you're talking about.

The live chat widget button is totally customizable - you can adjust its size, color, and even choose between various button types.
The amount of customization options available to you depends on the pricing plan you're on.

Hope to see you back on HelpCrunch sometime soon!
If any questions arise, don't hesitate to contact our customer support team via chat. Have a great day!

Replied 29/1/2019