About Insightly

Insightly is a SaaS-based CRM solution targeted at growing mid-sized businesses. More than 1.5 million users worldwide use Insightly to securely manage all their customer data in one place, build customer relationships, accelerate...

3.9
3.8

Browse Insightly Reviews

Susan

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Replied 16/8/2019
Joshua
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

Brings all record-keeping together

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Salesforce was not transparent in their pricing. Also, my colleague told me that she heard Salesforce is difficult to set up.

Response from Insightly

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Replied 30/12/2019
Iain

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied.

Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box!
Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues.
Good simple project lists.
Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility.

Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent.

No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to [email protected] and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied 9/10/2016

Top Insightly Alternatives

Jonathan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

8- year customer still finding ways insightly can improve our efficencies

Insightly has replaced our Outlook contact lists entirely. It also manages and tracks our teams progress on projects, events, and programs much better than using spreadsheets or other options we looked at.

Pros

CRM and contact management is fantastic. Our entire team has the mobile app and we can update info on the fly and everyone gets it at the same time. We use the Project Management tool daily to track and organize our work in a variety of areas. Pipelines ensure we don't miss any steps in our standardized processes.

Cons

The learning curve was steeper than we expected. With customer support's help (which has been very good) we are now in a place where the software is saving us time and continually making our work more efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The seamless integration of the CRM part of the tool with with tracking our work in other areas such as projects, events, programs, workshops, etc.. in the project management part of the tool.
Denise

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

Insightly developed to enhance our feeds

In my experience using Insightly, I haven't run into any serious issues. We used to utilize a strange CRM that was built out of sheets and required us to constantly switch between windows. Using Insightly, we can have all of our data in one place, neatly organized in custom fields. In my opinion, the project page may benefit from more fields in which to provide pertinent data.

Pros

Insightly is how I keep track of all the initiatives we have in the works right now. The management of our company's 5,000+ open positions is a major challenge. Insightly makes it easy for us to keep track of all the moving parts, which would otherwise be difficult to do in a secure manner given the project's multi-stage nature.

Cons

In most cases, the newly opened Org or Project tab doesn't take up more than half of my screen following a search. I can't figure out how to make the page larger. For some reason, the columns on the Relate and Activity tabs don't remember my saved column width. Every time I use it, I have to resize it.

Tarek

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Insightly : a good option to start with cloud based CRMs for Small businesses

Insightly helps entrepreneurs and small businesses like most of our clients to get to the digital space and excel in no time. As a Technology expert, I highly recommend it to entrepreneurs beginning with tech and online platforms for their business.

Pros

Insightly Helps small and mid business manage their leads and projects online, through a fully fledged cloud based tool that provides an abundance of smart features, including customer insights from internet sources, and structured project/opportunity management platform.

Cons

It is probably requiring some advanced knowledge from our end, but integrating Insightly with e-mail services, social media and other 3rd parties seemed to be complex. We've been using Insightly in its early times, and I'm sure that things went better afterwards with the continuous improvements by Insightly amazing teams.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

In its first launch, Insightly shown more functions for small businesses that attracted me, especially for individuals with no previous experience of online software CRMs. Nevertheless, each of the other competitors on the market has its competitive advantage, and addresses the needs of a particular niche. Each consumer needs to know first what features make sense to their business before choosing a CRM.
Michelle
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Allows us to grow into our needs

Great! It suits our needs perfectly.

Pros

It can be used in simple form or allows us to enable more features as our needs grow.

Cons

There are certain limitations with customizability, but Insightly often addresses these and rolls out features updates.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Cardscan was outdated and no longer able to flex to our needs

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Since we don't use a traditional sales pipeline, insightly's system allowed us to either utilize or not utilize certain features. All other systems continued to push us into a traditional sales pipeline process.
Jaysen
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great easy to use CRM

Overall the company is very responsive to suggestions and fast with technical support. The price is better than some other larger CRM platforms out there. For a small to medium sized organization this enables you to focus on your business and not on tons of technical resources to support.

Pros

Unlike some CRM platforms that require robust training or certifications to customize to meet your business needs, Insightly is very easy to use platform. Implementation is a breeze with customer success managers who dive in to help understand your business and how the platform can be leveraged.

Cons

They are a great company to work with for your CRM and business needs.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The price. Ease of implementation. The Insightly team was always able to help with any questions. Setup and Billing is very easy.
Clayton

Reviewed on 20/8/2016

Google Sync Does Not Work

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not.

You can also not export / import events records.

We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

Cons

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data.
Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Insightly

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync:

Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to [email protected] and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team.

If you feel that our pricing is too expensive, feel free to use our free account - there's never a better price than free!

Replied 22/8/2016
Nicola

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Good tool but lack of integration with other business processes

Pros

It allowed to store information in one place and have it homogeneous across the country

Cons

It can hardly be connected with other tools used internally - Google sheets

Mike

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

Very versatile CRM

I can access my data on the fly with their app, send emails from within, track documents, import/export contact info and more. I like the ease of use and expansive custom field options and ability to create tags enabling grouping of contacts or leads.

Pros

Able to connect relationship between different contacts. It has the ability to create reports on a whim. Price is fair for the functionality and ability to customize to fit your industry's needs.

Cons

Not specifically geared towards the real estate industry.

LionDesk

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

I chose Insightly for the ability to customize fields, tags, and reports.

Response from Insightly

Mike thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Replied 3/9/2019

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

Aaron

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

OMG!!!

My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software!
Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER!
Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

Matt

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations

Our small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information sharing. Still, upon installation, the Insightly program did a fair job. Where there was friction and frustration was having to devote the time, and align our thinking with their software designers, to implement the software on different Windows platforms we had among our small team. (Our problem, we know.) While the newby on the team found she could use Insightly after some (time consuming) tutorial watching, the guy with more CRM, contact management and project management experience found Insightly to be less intuitive and more clunky when it came to smoothly integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar. Take all of this with a grain of salt, please, because we loaded the free version. Still, before paying for any upgraded functionality, we are looking for a product that behaves as intuitively as it should it it was designed by busy agency professionals who need to switch functions on a dime, just after a client contact, or integrate easily with other packages.

Pros

Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.

Cons

Not particularly business-like, visually. Cutesy. Not as intuitive an interface as expected. Glyphs and symbols are not immediately intuitive. More clunky when it came to integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar.

Krystal
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Insightly is a CRM with a very clean interface that is easy to navigate

Insightly is my favorite CRM. I love the app version, and I am able to connect Insightly with other apps. It offers great value for the product, and customer support is good, and responsive.

Pros

I love Insightly because it has a clean look that is easy on the eyes, and it is a very intuitive CRM, unlike many others that can overwhelm or be confusing.

Cons

Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM. Sometimes I wish the community pages and discussion boards were more lively.

Tracey

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros

It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons

Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.

Pros

The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click.
Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Cons

It is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses.
I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

Response from Insightly

Thank you for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit.

Thank you!

The Insightly Team

Replied 16/10/2017
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Wasn't right for our org, could be right for you.

Overall, the system is good for a smaller organization that is not putting large stresses on their CRM. We ultimately outgrew Insightly in many ways, and often overwhelmed the system with our integrations. Developing tools and processes internally to accommodate for this was less desirable than just moving to a new product.
Definitely worth considering for a smaller organization or one that fits neatly into Insightly's wheel house.

Pros

Insightly was highly customizable and for the price a very capable tool. Flexibility in terms of object and workflow customization. Very easy to connect to third party or self-developed integrations via API.
Loved being able to email to any specific record

Cons

API changes caused fatal errors in several of our integrations over the course of our time with Insightly.
User interface was never the prettiest

Phil
  • Industry: Legal Services

So far fantastic.

Pros

It is really easy to customize to your needs.

Cons

Does not have accounting features, such as running invoices and integrating with quickbooks.

Rabab

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Great CRM for a Small Business

Insightly made it easy to manage our contacts from within Gmail and sync to other apps. We found it helped us boost the productivity of our team. However, in the end, it was too simple for our needs.

Pros

Insightly is easy to set up and quite intuitive even for new users.

Cons

It didn't offer the robust features that other more specialized CRMs offer so as much as we liked it, we had to shift to something with more options. The project management features were also less useful as compared to some of the other options we tried out.

Rachel
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Pretty Good Product

My overall experience is really good. When I am working with AppConnect, I feel I get limited support on what issues I am encountering.

Pros

I like that Insightly is improving. In the time that I have used the product we are able to use Workato to compare dates, being able to search the workflows, and be able to see the field history (pull reports based on this).

Cons

I don't like that reports are not able to update in real time anymore. I also do not like that we cannot identify which workflow is updating a certain field (this would help when an incorrect field is marked, being able to easily track the issue).

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Great CRM tool for small and growing businesses

Great for tracking and progressing sales opportunities and general business development

Pros

The option to create custom fields was a real hook for our business as we require a great deal of specific data and capture it in specific ways.
The pipeline feature for defining custom workflows is a great feature which allows us to carve out our own procedure and modus operandi.

Cons

The UI feels a little outdated at times. The important date reminder feature is not as user-friendly or functional as hoped. We really require projects/workflows to auto generate on a defined schedule and struggled to make the best use of this software without addressing that need.

Gordon

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Insightly has grown with us quite well.

Pros

When we first decided on Insightly back in 2016 we fumbled around for a month or two importing leads and creating pipelines that no longer exist now two years later. Insightly now hosts a massive data base of our clients and is our first go to when interacting with them. Our company now depends heavily on Insightly every day and through the years has become ever more familiar and easy to use.

Cons

Just the initial start up and launch as Insightly has many many functions to utilize and improve your customer relations management process, but through trial and error Insightly now easily makes up for the rough start.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Exactly what we needed

After using for three years, I'd go back and do it all over again without hesitation.

Pros

Ease of use combined with affordability - a winning combination. The tiered pricing levels allow your investment to grow with your business. The pipeline features where tasks can be assigned to certain project types is a phenomenal timesaver as is the ability to associate emails with records of organizations or individuals while still using your email client.

Cons

A small learning curve, but a minimal inconvenience for the power Insightly delivers. And the help menus are incredibly easy to locate and helpful to implement.

Rachelle

Reviewed on 26/1/2017

Nice product - especially if it is a first CRM for you!

I highly recommend Insightly for small to medium sized businesses. I first got to know Insightly several years ago. Our company was established but was doing business all around the country off of spreadsheets! We needed a CRM. We looked at several other options (including SalesForce), but Insightly was right for us. I'm with a new company now and within two months of my hire we ditched Infusionsoft and went with Insightly. Transferring the data from one database to this new one was easy for a non-tech person to do. A good mobile app that goes anywhere with you. Good report generating functions. Great tutorials and videos. It doesn't have all the advanced bells and whistles that some of the big programs have, that's not what these businesses needed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Has plug ins that are very helpful, we use it with MailChimp and QuickBooks Online. Very affordable and has lots of functionality. It helps us keep track of all we need to get done.

Cons

It takes a while to learn some of the more advanced features. Plug ins could be more seamless, but that will come in time, I'm sure!