CYPHER Learning Reviews

About CYPHER Learning

NEO is an award-winning intelligent learning platform used by schools and universities worldwide. The platform is known for delivering a great user experience while incorporating all the essential tools K-20 institutions need to...

4.2

Browse CYPHER Learning Reviews

Alphie
Alphie

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

Blended Learning Made Easy

My system of teaching the lessons and assessing the students changed when our institution adapted NEO LMS. Before, I am always worried of the suspension of classes and its effect to the flow of the lesson to be delivered but having NEO with me it eliminated the fear of not meeting my class in a face-to-face set up. NEO brings me closer to my students whether we go synchronous or asynchronous.

Pros

NEO LMS is very easy navigate. Lessons can easily be done even without the users guide or manual. I really like the customer support because of its efficient and quick response. In terms of grading assessments, I find it easy with the use of its Rubric feature. Before, I used to have a lot of papers to bring whenever I go but with NEO LMS, I just need to pull out my tablet to check the submissions of my students. Lastly, my students are more engaged and they enjoy more because of the gamification feature which other LMS don’t have.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about NEO LMS. Its the perfect LMS for me. I have tested and tried other LMS which are complicated to use. But with NEO, everything is easy. If there is one thing that needs improvement, it would be the mobile app specifically for android devices.

Response from CYPHER Learning

Hello Alphie, we are glad that you had a good experience with MATRIX! Thank you for your trust and for selecting us as your institution's LMS provider. If you'd like to talk about how we could have improved your experience even more, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative.

Teacher's partner amidst Pandemic

Overall the partnership between LMS and Teachers or Berkeley, in general, is a blessing amidst the chaos, for we were able to find a partner that help us solve most of the issues and difficulties that we and our students had during the pandemic where face-to-face is suspended, they gave us a platform where we could ensure that students are learning.

Pros

Neo LMS or Blink as we call it, have had been with Berkeley during the pandemic up until now that helping us to ease the learning gap between teachers and students. With the use of the LMS, it is easier to embed videos that we use in our lesson, where we could check if they watch it or not with the use of different assessment tools.

Cons

There's no particular least favorite part on my end, for I appreciate every tab, every function of the LMS. What I would suggest is to train us on how to use gamification so we could utilize this part more.

Cailee
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

Response from CYPHER Learning

We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you've had using our mobile app. Your feedback is very well noted, and we will ensure that it reaches our Engineering team to fix the issues in our app. If you're still with us, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative about this.

Top CYPHER Learning Alternatives

NEO LMS Review

Pros

There are various kinds of assignments that can be given to students and they are easy to keep track.

Cons

The attendance cannot be modified according to what the school needs.

Response from CYPHER Learning

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for NEO. We are taking note of your feedback for future improvement on our attendance feature. A quick attendance tip that you may find interesting: you can add attendance as an activity and award points and badges automatically based on the students' attendance. This is a great way to motivate them to be present in your classes.

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Terrific Flexibility, Affordable, but be prepared to invest learning time

Very Good!

Pros

Flexible pricing plans that are reasonable. Has terrific add on features and customization. The tech support is very responsive, thorough, and 24 hours on weekdays. Love that there is an App as a learner choice. Frequent updates enhance my administrator experience regularly.

Cons

1) Training aids will get you started but you have to spend a great deal of time, and trial and error in learning to manage your LMS, build courses, etc. 2) I lost some completion data records where there should of been a hard stop warning that this could happen before I made the change. 3) There is no weekend tech support which I would likely use only occasionally. 4) I can't configure slides to move horizontally in a single slide click through fashion. Rather, I have to either load them individually or leave it as a vertical scroll through of the entire deck.

Daria
Daria
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Beautiful platform

Stress free experience. I’m always emailed about new assignments, grades and comments. Submissions are easy.

Pros

I like this platform more than others I’ve tried. I’ve used Moodle for many years and recently changed schools. Neo is much more user friendly, has beautiful design, and is easy to navigate from desktop or phone. I also like that it allows Face ID to log in.

Cons

Didn’t notice any cons except i’d prefer more options for editing text in the discussion.

Phill
Phill

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

Awesome next gen digital learning

With a world class solution, the super responsive & customer focused support function make Matrix LMS best of breed!

Pros

Beautiful interface - ease of use - mobile responsive - inbuilt gamification - social community - Inbuilt Apps - automation of everything with innovative rules engine - this solution has it all!

Cons

Copyright attribution feature would assist with government focused applications

Travis

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

NEO LMS is great for teachers who have online assignments.

I have been using it for years now and love it.

Pros

Tech support is supreme.
I can give online and offline assignments.
I can update/edit projects anytime, anywhere.
They are constantly adding new features and refining others.

Cons

Navigation is sometimes awkward. For example, getting to 'Notes' for a student, there is only one route.

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

NEO LMS helped ease the checking of learners assessment. I am able embed my lessons and materials easily.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Most features are helpful in the teaching learning process

Cons

Attendance feature, needs to add some features like breaking down the dates into grading period.

Manal
Manal

Reviewed on 26/8/2017

The best student interaction platform

Pros

It inculcates many features that transfers the real life classroom into an LMS portal. The last seen sessions of students, the various assignment formats and clear grading system are what I love the most.

Cons

It is very complex to be used, it needs a lot of practise and support to get the actual knowledge of.

Majoe

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

Ok but could be better

Pros

Cheaper than Moodle.
Faster to load
logical connections are ok

Cons

Integration
Slow resolution with our question on uploading bulk questions.

Response from CYPHER Learning

We value your feedback very much, this request is already added to our in-progress task list. Alternatively, you may try a QTI converter to convert questions to QTI, this will allow you to bulk upload quiz questions. Our ACE Team is in communication with our Engineering Team and they will provide you with an update on the progress of this request.

Thank you! CYPHER LEARNING team.

Catherine

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Neo LMS as our new face of our future

Pros

Neo LMS helps us to cope with our new setup now and it also helps us to adjust from our traditional teaching to our modern teaching in an easy way.

Cons

I like everything about NEO except the fact that in the assignment section the system is too sensitive.

Response from CYPHER Learning

Thank you so very much for your review and feedback! At CYPHER LEARNING, we strive to work closely with our customers to resolve their concerns and will continue to be responsive to your needs. Do not hesitate to contact your ACE Representative directly, as they are always happy to assist in any way they can.

Kind regards,
CYPHER LEARNING team

Replied 27/9/2022
Robelei

Reviewed on 23/9/2022

Neo Lms

Pros

The gamification, activities, and assessments help move away from the traditional pencil and paper activities.

Cons

Errors like http errors appear from time to time. Night mode is still buggy.

Response from CYPHER Learning

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on NEO! We will make sure to keep you posted on further improvements and product updates in the future. If you'd like to discuss how we could have improved your experience, please contact your dedicated ACE representative.

Annie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 22/8/2017

This has worked GREAT for our Church's Religious Education program!

It allows us to connect with students who otherwise would not participate in Religious Education.

Pros

This allows us to offer an alternative to our gathered program. It gives the students an experience that might even be better than the kids have in class, while still connecting with people from the parish who are responding to and commenting on their work. Making the classes really fun, involving and creative was much easier than I had expected!

Carol

Reviewed on 22/8/2017

We explored other options but chose NEO LMS a few years ago. It was the right choice for us!

One place for all our curriculum assignments, resources, etc. and easy access (at home & school) from different devices.

Pros

Customer Service is excellent. They are responsive to suggestions and customer requests. It is customizable for the school, and it has served our students and teachers well.

Cons

Would be nice to have a drag-n-drop capability for some of the pages. For example, I can easily add a new web resource but it won't necessarily be in alpha order.

José
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

Best LMS!

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Gladys

Reviewed on 22/8/2017

Students and teachers both find this LMS very easy to use, and to be able to customize is...

The price is perfect. Students and Teachers advise me of the ease of use and the aesthetic appeal of the LMS.

Pros

The ease of use, the visual appeal and the ability to customize the LMS to reflect individual schools.

Cons

It would be wonderful if discussions could have peer reviews and liking. In addition, if there were more options for the type of test questions such as drag and drop.

Mark Anthony
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Matrix LMS

Great experience

Pros

This LMS provided us the opportunity to continue to provide learnings to our users

Cons

That there is a cycle that limits the number of days the learners can use the LMS.

Response from CYPHER Learning

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for NEO! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you more frequently. We're also glad to see you happy with our Support team!

Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING.

Ciara

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

NEO LMS Review

It was great and light because NEO is easy to navigate and very convenient specially in giving assignments and scoring them.

Pros

Easy to navigate. The features can be learned in minutes without difficulty.

Cons

Assignments from the mother/parent class doesn't sync properly (seldom)

Response from CYPHER Learning

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for NEO. Your responses will assist us in better serving you and other users in the future.

Nicole

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

It’s been a user friendly site where we can constantly update our workshops with new and exciting content

Pros

It allows my students to access their workshops with ease

Cons

I have no cons at this time as the site is exactly what I need for my small business

Ahmed Tariq

Reviewed on 28/8/2017

Highly customizable LMS that works well for administration and academics management.

Pros

- Flexibility of how much of the entire systems potential you want to use.
- Pleasant interface is easy to use for people of all ages.

Cons

- Mobile App is virtually equivalent to using a phone browser and is not always very mobile-friendly.
- There's still a general clunky feeling to the whole interface (even on desktop). Slightly improving the aesthetics can go a long way.

Filbert

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

NeoLMS Review

Pros

Ease of use. Customer feedback is fast and accomodating.

Cons

Can not customize grading scale and gradebook to college requirements.

FERNANDO

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

my OPINIÓN

AMazing, very goog

Pros

ther is a full intetration of all the task as managers.
Reply students, invocing, reply questions.

Cons

It is realiable as it runs over AWS
Never goes down
IN ADITTION TECHNICAL SERVICE AND ADVICE TO USE THE SOFWTARE IS EXCELLENT, RELY ALWAYS, ALWAYS , ALWAYS IN MINUTS, !!!!!!

Roland

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Great Function and Support

We have been able to meet all of our LMS objectives within an affordable platform.

Pros

This is a robust LMS platform with relevant support and improvements.

Cons

I wish the administrative dashboard was more customizeable.

Kris

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Great LMS with lots of functions and customizations.

Pros

Good software for the money, good GUI that is straightforward with where you are what you can do in the module. Ability to setup of tests, paths of learning and fun stuff a plus.

Cons

Can sometimes be difficult remembering what you can and can't do in certain roles and where you need to be to make changes. There needs to be a better way to manage and add content.