Nextiva Reviews

About Nextiva

Nextiva brings customers and teams closer by connecting conversations in one AI-powered platform. We connect businesses to all of their conversations, helping them understand their customers in real-time to create personalized...

Browse Nextiva Reviews

Suzi
Suzi
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Great communication tool with good customer service.

On the whole, I couldn't be happier with how well Nextiva has worked out for me. In spite of the uncommon platform troubles, I have no hesitation in recommending Nextiva to businesses who are looking for a reliable method of communicating with their customers and employees

Pros

Nextiva's support team is available 24/7/365, including holidays and after hours. Members of the support staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. The best part about getting help is that they will work with you to find a solution, rather than just handing you a set of instructions that you may or may not be able to follow. The phone system and service are reliable and available at all times.

Cons

Basically nothing. Since we've been using Nextiva for years and it's served us well, I've opted to keep it for internal calls and for the advanced functionality that our business software lacks.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Suzi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We're delighted to read your feedback - thanks for the love and if anything comes up, feel free to reach out!

Replied 27/4/2023
Robert

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

Nextiva is a stable provider but app could be improved

Good but could be better. Better app is definitely needed and the response time for support phone calls could be greatly improved.

Pros

Stability and ease of use and management. Have not had any major issues or outages since implementation.

Cons

The desktop application was replaced soon after we converted and it is not very good or well thought out. I don't understand why a desktop application will make my computer ring.

Jerick

Reviewed on 15/5/2024

The Best VOIP

Your user-friendly interface has made managing calls and messages effortless, boosting our productivity. While my experience has been positive, I believe simplifying certain features in the mobile app could enhance user experience.

Pros

Our productivity has increased dramatically as a result of the user-friendly interface, which has made managing calls and texts much simpler. Even though my experience has been quite good, I think that the mobile app's user experience may be improved by simplifying some of its capabilities, especially for professionals who are constantly on the road.

Cons

We don't have any problems with Nextiva.

Top Nextiva Alternatives

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Acceptable Service Experience Totally Let Down By Apps

The sales and initial implementation were fine. Shortly after activating, a tech "cleaned up" some settings in my configuration which completely disabled my service. Tech support in that case was prompt and thorough, although they never did call back as promised to make sure everything was fixed. Customer support since then has been a mixed bag. The online configuration is daunting and not something the average user should venture into. I have a computer background and still found it confusing.

The service itself (once configured properly) mostly worked fine and if you're using physical phones your experience may be different. However, I wanted to rely on the Windows and Android apps. They are functional, but not friendly. In the best cases, the apps require more steps to do things than should be necessary.

For example, to add a contact from a caller ID record in the Windows app, you have to first add the number to contacts and then edit the contact to change the name, rather than just being able to add & edit in one step. There's no way to add contacts in bulk. The Outlook plug-in is broken and simply doesn't work. It's impossible to initiate an SMS message to a new contact; you have to have the contact text you first. You can't set a default view for the app.

The online faxing is not integrated into the phone system and has a 1980s interface. The Android app has it's own problems.

Pros

The voice service, once configured properly, generally worked fine. I had some rare glitches, but not sure whether they were Nextiva's fault.

Cons

The Windows and Android softphone apps are sub-par and make no effort to make the customer's life easier. Online fax interface is clunky and out-of-date. Video conferencing is complicated. Software is cluttered with team features I don't need that I can't hide. Configuration is complex and easy to break. Can't initiate SMS texts (contact has to text you first) and no MMS texting. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Thomas, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've found the Nextiva app difficult to use at times. We want to help resolve this issue for you.

Replied 16/12/2020
Nathan
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

An incredibly useful VoIP solution

My overall experience is excellent. Nextiva works 99% of the time and is very easy to setup. Our account manager is very responsive and customer support has resolved just about every issue in under 2 days.

Pros

Nextiva works very well for internal and external communication between our employees and customers.

It has a lot of functionality that is simple to setup.

Our account rep [sensitive content hidden] is awesome and works with us on everything!

Cons

The administrative management of the account could use some uplift in UI/UX. It's difficult to find more niche things such as a specific type of call log because it's buried under another tab that doesn't really make sense.

CallRail

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Nextiva had the same basic functionality at a lesser price. I'm glad we went with them overall.
Matthew
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Good choice for Voip

I'm happy with them thus far and considering that we're a new customer. Time will tell if they continue to provide good support and improve on features.

Pros

Comparable pricing, good features, easy to setup, good tech support thus far.

Cons

Some features like video conferencing and integrations are limited.

Response from Nextiva

Hey Matthew! I am glad Nextiva has been a good choice for your business. I look forward to us continuing to wow you with our Amazing Service and intuitive product, and I know you have made the right decision on your business communication partner. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]. - Thomas from Nextiva

Replied 21/3/2024
Robert
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 12/6/2024

Nextiva The easy solution

Overall the service is far superior to land line and their customer service is spot on.

Pros

Easy set up. [sensitive content hidden] was perfect in making it what I needed

Cons

Initial contract was time consuming to get tailored for our business

Jake
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/5/2024

Nextiva is amazing!

Pros

The team was very informative and enjoyable to work with. The platform itself fits all of our needs for a round-robin style call center setup.

Cons

Nothing bad to say here - haven't run into any hiccups with Nextiva.

Gerardo
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 10/6/2024

Best APP ever!

I'm very pleased with the service provided, my team use it daily and we don't have any issues

Pros

The platform is very easy to handle and communication is outstanding.

Cons

would be great to have the ability to send messages for any number not the saved ones only

Jeremy
Jeremy

Reviewed on 21/5/2024

Saved me in the clutch (switched from Dialpad)

Pros

Incredibly fast onboarding and support - basically set up the whole system for me in a pinch. Works great and calls do not get marked spam (unlike Dialpad).

Cons

nothing to dislike! We are waiting on the ability to text.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Nextiva the Good the Bad and the Fugy

The best things about working with Nextiva are
1. Our Sales Rep .
2. Amazing! HD Call quality compared to our old VoIP Service.
3. Versatility of the software.

Our Sales Rep worked his ass off for us. And had the patience of a saint with my million and one questions, and reworking the quotes to our needs over & over & over....
Over a years’ worth of questions and reworking the quote to something we could get the big boss to sign.
Let’s be realistic any time you are making this big of a change to your corporations 30+ phone network in multiple states. it will never go 100% perfectly without a hitch as much as you prepare and strive to make every preparation.
Two months before our ISP was to be installed was when we had our first glitch at the beginning of the setup process while I was on vacation with the family, and only had access to my Cell phone.
And I got the much-dreaded email from the Boss saying no-one can call in on our Toll-free phone number. We’re losing sales! What’s going on? This could be a career-ending type of event.

Our toll-free number just stopped working 2 months before the date we requested the porting to take place. I Called the sales rep. He assured me it wasn’t anything that Nextiva did.
About 15 minutes later the sales rep called me back. O’ My god it was us!
He figured out what happened and mad things happen on his end to get our phones back up temporari
He Saved my Bacon!

Pros

Ease of use to add and manage users in multiple cities and states remotely.
Ease of adding new phones or devises Like VoIP PA Speaker in the Factory. And cordless phones as a secondary phone sharing a single Ext # with a desk phone.
The old Cell Phone App. (not the new one) everyone loved this App.

Cons

1. Build Call Flow is a total Fake selling tool used to show potential customers how easy it is to configure your call flows. It’s total BS. If you call customer support to assist you in a new configuration they tell you. O that doesn’t really work anymore, we need to configure it on the back end for you. Don’t try to use it.
If it’s nonfunctional don’t try to sell me on how easy it is using it.

Gregg
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

A good phone system, but could be better.

Pros

Mostly, I like that it works. I don’t get complaints from my people like I did with our previous Dialpad system. Free high-quality desk phones was a juice bonus. Not a difficult system to learn or use as a user.

Cons

No voicemail transcription! Difficult to change call trees by yourself (but customer service does it happily and quickly for you). My personal white whale - the iOS app does not work (refuses to sign in) on my iPhone or iPad because it doesn’t like my wifi router (or some such BS).

RingEX and Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Dialpad continuously sent calls straight to voicemail even when people were ready and waiting to receive the call. That’s bad business right there.

Dialpad

Response from Nextiva

Hello Gregg, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the switch to Nextiva and the ease of use that comes with it. We appreciate your feedback on voicemail transcription and the mobile app will make our team aware of the issue and work to improve this for you in the future.

Replied 18/1/2022
Jon
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/9/2023

Reliability is a cornerstone of Nextiva's service.

What truly sets Nextiva apart is its unwavering dedication to call quality. Crystal-clear voice connections and a near absence of dropped calls have become the norm. This consistency is vital for maintaining a professional image and forging strong client relationships.

Pros

Nextiva doesn't just provide a service; they deliver an entire communication ecosystem. Their extensive feature set, including auto-attendants, call forwarding, and voicemail-to-email transcription, empowers businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of tools has allowed my team to work efficiently, regardless of where we are located.

Cons

I have had very little issues with Nextiva.

Aaron
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 21/9/2023

Amazing VOIP service provider for small business

My overall experience with nextiva has been beyond exceptional. Any time I’ve ever had an issue or technical difficulties which most of the time it was on my end I would either call my rep, which of course I forgot to mention that above when I signed up, I was assigned a representative that whenever I had any issues I give them a call directly instead of calling the one 800 number and that was amazing, I did not have to wait around. I just gave them a call and they fix my issues.

Pros

The biggest reason why I even chose a nextiva is because of the pricing options that they have along with the features of the phone service, because there are a couple services that I looked at that charge extra for a lot of the features that next Eva has included with the relatively low pricing and it is something that is definitely 100% appreciate it But this phone service helps me separate my personal and business calls on my cell phone and the best part is it makes our small company look like a multi million dollar corporation when clients call us or even if we just need to transfer them over to a different person. It sounds very professional when I tell them I need to route their call to another Line

Cons

There’s not very many cons I do think if there was anything, of course I would wish there would be a slight cheaper option but for everything that you get with nextiva and their pricing options, it’s already at a great price so there’s not really a con but I think every company would like to see cheaper and cheaper options from different providers but again no con

Grasshopper and RingCentral Engage Voice

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

There are a lot of different reasons, but I was using the free Google voice option, which is great for not having a budget at the time but it’s impossible to separate business and personal calls. Even though you get a call on the Google voice app, it either comes through as Google voice on the caller ID, or just as a regular phone number and it’s impossible to know if it’s routing from the Google Voice app or if it’s just a personal call that was a huge downside for me and one of the major reasons I switched all of the extra features were just Benifits , but now I can’t see myself without

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

The biggest reason was price. The representative that I talked about nextiva was able to give me a really good pricing option that had way more features than RingCentral, and there were a couple of extra add-ons that I didn’t know about with RingCentral that would essentially make the pricing equal two or more than I was going to pay at nextiva, so it literally made it useless for their cheapest option in my opinion.
Cory
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

Amazing Product

Overall our experience with Nextiva has been great.

Pros

What really makes any company is customer service and support. If we can't figure something out or are having issues their support team is always very quick to fix the issue and always have a good attitude.

Cons

Because we use the call center and call recording functionality some of the sites are hard to get to. Especially being a HIPAA secure account.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

We needed a solution that was easy to use, affordable, and had cloud capabilities so our lead staff could work from home if needed.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Their customer service and support was better than anyone else I spoke with. If I had a question they couldn't answer they either got me one by the end of the call or they scheduled a call with someone that could answer the questions.
Joseph
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Excellent Small to Medium VOIP Business Solution

Nextiva has proven to be an exceptional solution for our franchise from a VP of Technology perspective. Initially, it served as a consolidated solution, delivering not only cost savings but also a user-friendly interface. Over time, it evolved into a product offering outstanding support and customizable configurations tailored to our business needs. Additionally, we are exploring the integration of conversational AI to propel our business to new heights. In conclusion, Nextiva stands out as an excellent choice for small to medium-sized businesses and potentially extends its value to enterprises.

Pros

Easy to use, cost effective, great support and many integrations.

Cons

Could use improvements in reporting, support can get a little backed up at times and a little too much turnover of account managers.

8x8 Work

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

All previous services had poor support, high prices and not near the features Nextiva offered.
Beth

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Best Money We've Spent On Communications

It has been pretty seamless. The setup went smoothly and was pretty much taken care

Pros

The fact that it is an answer for so many of our communication needs: Phone, Fax, Crm and Texting.

Cons

The text was a little bit hard to get set up on my mobile phone.

Act! and RingEX

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Because AT&T's customer service was non-existent.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

They were easier to do business with and the price was better for the amount of service we were receiving.
Jamie

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

Buyer Beware

0/10 when it comes to their customer service. Sketchy sales practices at best, account managers while nice tow the company line and will only offer solutions that cost you.
7/10 for the product/software--we are finding glitches within our call flows when working with tech support more often than not our call flows are interrupted due to internal updates on their side of things to the software causing our phone system to go down therefore costing us business.

Pros

With their software we were able to achieve our goals of routing calls for all 14 of our salons to one centralized location.

Cons

Their sales process is aggressive, and they try to make you move quick to sign. Read the fine print on their contracts. There is not an out if you are oversold licensing by their sales team. If you are oversold licenses by their sales team, they will try to ping you with an early removal fee. Upon seeing this we went rounds and rounds with account managers to get the extra licensing we were told we needed by the sales team removed. The process of removing the extra licensing took us from August 2023 to it finally happening in January of 2024, all the while we were being charged for those licenses. When we initially brought this to Nextiva's attention they told us that we were the ones that requested this. This wasn't true, we spoke with the sales team about our company needs/size/operations, and they told us that we needed for number of licenses. How could we know with no prior experience working with their company. We had to go through call after call/meeting after meeting/follow up email after follow up email to get some sort of resolution. In this time, we were passed through to two different account managers and had to start the process all over again. We were always waiting on "approval" from hire up. Be warned, their contracts have an auto renew clause hidden in the fine print which is a link at the bottom of the contracts not even fully explained in the contract unless you click the link.

Aaron
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

2 Years With Nextiva

Overall its been pleasent, the documentation is throrough theyve been quick to help with any issues that aren't arelady addressed.

Pros

Overall experience is palletable, theyre quick to answer any questions and support is avaiblbe 24x7. There hasn't been an issue they have not been able to resolve, our business deals with calls first and foremost, its important that our customers can reach a live person 24/7 and Nextiva systems allows for just that.

Cons

Purely from an administrative standpoint, i would like to have the option to procure more licenses for users at my descretion, along with being able to manually set a password for a user to log into the nextiva app.
For now my only options are to send a "resetpassword" email link

Pat
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

Nextiva VoiP Service

Overall we have had a positive experience with Nextiva. The support staff assigned to our Agency has always been very helpful and quick to respond to our issues. We have not experienced many issues with the phones but the app could use some attention.

Pros

Set up is very easy. The online Administrator Portal is very user-friendly and allows us to maintain our phone schedules as we need to, and the User Management function allows us to make changes quickly as they occur.

Cons

The Nextiva App needs more attention as we experience issues with it frequently. It's a wonderful feature when it is working properly but we see a lot of staff opting to not use it due to the issues experienced.

Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Grateful for Nextiva

So far so good. We don't expect any VOIP service to be perfect and some will have glitches. We haven't had near as many failed calls since we switched to Nextiva.

Pros

Ease of using the system, and the customer support they offer.

Cons

The mobile app will not allow me to delete voicemails.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Continued dropped calls. Technicians were not able to make calls in the field from the mobile application. The customer support was horrible to deal with and difficult to understand.

RingEX

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Pricing and ease of use. The demo was easy to understand and very knowledgeable to answer all of our questions.
Bella
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 13/9/2023

Nextiva has improved our services!

Overall, I love Nextiva, and I really can't complain. Nextiva has improved our communications at work.

Pros

I love how we only need one phone number. The app is amazing and you can answer phones even if you are not at your desk. It also improved invoices. Before we needed so many service providers to cover all our 80 offices, and now we only need Nextiva.

Cons

While Nextiva generally provides good call quality, sometimes in certain geographic locations or with specific internet connections, I have experienced call quality issues, such as dropped calls or audio problems, but I believe that is something that also happens to other services.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Full service coms software solutions

Overall the change went quite smoothly. I was very impressed with Nextiva’s customer service from when we first began to talk to them, through to the support team we are using for question now we are using the software. All of the staff we have dealt with were professional, friendly and helpful. I think it’s the level of service that differentiates Nextiva from other service providers with similar products. We had a few teething issues with our staff as they were learning how to use the system, but we got through all the training and have been really pleased with the features of the CRM. There are a lot of features that have had a really positive impact on our staff, and now that they are comfortable with the change and the software, their feedback has been really positive. The internal wiki in particular has really helped with increasing staff knowledge and prompting them when they are helping a customer, and the internal chat is a tool that we didn’t know we needed – much easier for our staff to communicate while they are talking to customers. We used to be put customers on hold if we needed to get input from other staff members, so it’s a lot better experience for our customers now. Once we went live with the new systems, Nextiva have continued to be responsive and helpful.

Pros

When we reached out to Nextiva, we weren’t entirely sure what level of solutions we were after. We knew our phone system needed an upgrade as it was very old and starting to get unreliable, but we weren’t convinced of the benefits of a CRM system instead of the manual customer service work flows we were using. I felt like the team at Nextiva really took the time to understand our business and help us work out what we really needed. We investigated multiple options and providers, but were really happy with the suggestions that came from Nextiva and felt that out of all of the providers we talked to, their suggestions were the best fit for us and our staff. They had the services we needed, at a price we could afford. We were initially looking at purchasing new phones, but Nextiva suggested hiring them, which was the option we ended up going with. It’s cost effective, and easy to upgrade in future if required. It was good that they helped us figure out the best option for us. The CRM system is very logical and our staff have found it relatively easy to learn and use. It’s standardized our processes, and has helped our support team become more efficient. There are a lot of great tools within the system which have made their jobs easier, and we’re really impressed with the level of reporting we can get without having to perform complicated queries. It’s also good to know that there are additional functions we can add on easily later when (or if) our business requires them.

Cons

Implementation, while reasonably straightforward, was still quite a lot of work for our business and we underestimated how much effort it would be to get our staff to adapt. We had to train them on how to use new phones (all staff), and (for our customer service team) the new CRM system. There was plenty of support from Nextiva, but our customer service staff found it a struggle to balance the training requirements for the new system against maintaining high service levels for our customers. Some of our staff were quite resistant to change as had worked in our business a long time. We used the ‘super user’ approach to training; Nextiva trained a few of our staff, who then supported the roll out to the rest of the team. It went well overall, but if we were to do it again, we would probably hire temps to fill the gaps while our staff trained to help with workload management. Our old process and system were mostly manual, and so it was a big learning curve for some of our staff that didn’t have great computer skills.

Donny
Donny

Reviewed on 18/7/2023

Tricked by Nextiva

I liked Nextiva in the beginning, everything was user friendly, after about a year it started changing. They would only sell me their brand phones and they set my account to a long term and set it to autorenew. The service was unexceptable and when trying to leave the company they wanted $3000. I feel like their business plan is to lock customers into a plan with a high early termination fee and this is how they will retain business. People need to know what their getting into with Nextiva.

Pros

The dashboard was user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

We had a lot of problems with dropped calls. The Nextiva Anywhere app system just failed completely, we couldn't use it. The technical support was impossible to get on the phone and not helpful when they did get on the phone. When I tried to close my account they wanted to charge me $3000, they claimed that I auto renewed a 36 months agreement, I didn't set this account to auto renew.

8x8 Work

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Wanted to use a internet phone system

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

I read better reviews online.
Bruce

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

Buyer beware!

This is from Nextiva in response to a customer: Here at Nextiva we pride ourselves on our honesty and Amazing Service, and we strive to deliver both on every customer interaction.
My experience with Nextiva is the company couldn't rent ethical standards, let alone own them. Now that I have performed research I should have done before choosing Nextiva, I find numerous complaints about Nextiva's deceptive business practice of having a customer sign a simple 2 page contract, while referring them to their 10 page online Terms & Conditions wherein they divulge the secret of their success: auto renewal.
Quite frankly, I'm shocked there hasn't been a class action suit against them.

Pros

After 3 years, the negatives so far outweighed any positives that I can't think of anything good to say about Nextiva or their service.

Cons

Their approach to business appears to be: lure the customer in, demand a 3-year contract, hide the part about auto renewal, provide just average level service, hire less than competent support staff to handle customer complaints, and hope the customer doesn't become aware of the auto renewal gimmick before the end of the contract term.

Response from Nextiva

Hi Bruce,

I hear your frustration and I am here to help. I want to better understand what I can do to improve your Nextiva experience, and make up to you the negative you have experienced thus far. Please reach out to me directly at [email protected], and I will do everything I can to help and make this up to you.

Thomas from Nextiva