ServiceNow Reviews

About ServiceNow

ServiceNow is an IT service management solution that provides asset management, change and release management, incident management, IT cost management and problem management. It caters to various industries, including financial...

4.2
4.2

Browse ServiceNow Reviews

Brandon
Brandon

Reviewed on 14/2/2021

I used ServiceNow in a Desktop Support Role

I used ServiceNow daily, almost hourly to be honest, as a Level 2 Desktop Support Agent. It replaced vFire which was getting slow and agonizing to work with. Tickets would come in and we would perform the work and move the ticket along and/or close it altogether depending on the job. I liked using it and felt it was very robust and powerful while still being nimble and problem free.

Pros

ServiceNow is fast and issue free so long as it's setup correctly. The interface is simple and easy to understand. The learning curve, unlike older software, is practically nonexistent.

Cons

Sometimes tasks can have subtasks that are nested so deeply that they can be missed on first glance. I wish the software had a simpler nesting system.

Terry
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2/1/2024

ServiceNow is very advanced tool but very expensive.

Pros

ServiceNow is the leading ITSM tool in the market. It offers a comprehensive range of features and capabilities that can meet any business needs. It is constantly updated with new versions that bring more innovation and value to its customers.

Cons

ServiceNow is not a cheap option when it comes to ITSM tools. It can be a significant expense for organizations that have limited budgets and need quick results. ServiceNow requires a long implementation process that involves multiple stages and customizations. It also demands a dedicated staff member to maintain and manage the tool effectively.

Santiago

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

A review of ServiceNow

Pros

How easy it is to split tasks among other team members when your department may not be the core department.

Cons

This is a very difficult piece of software to use, to be fair. Compared to competitors, there seems to be a lot that can be done in this but there's a very real requirement in training involved. When we were set up with this product, we hardly received that. It made the implementation rocky, at best.

Top ServiceNow Alternatives

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Best Ticketing Tool!!

On a daily basis, we had to pull a lot of reports and create graphs for the same. With Service-Now, it's very easy. We have saved all the filters and created a dashboard on Service Now. Now, we have shared the link to the dashboard to the client and all our work is taken care by the tool.

Relative time period is one top-notch filter, which has drastically reduced the time we were spending on creating the reports. It would take close to 4hrs to pull them and draft it for the client. Now, Service Now is doing the job and that 4hrs are saved for us.

Pros

The best thing about Service Now is the way we can handle all data and reports directly on the tool. It is really well designed in getting approvals and assigning tickets. We can also set the ticket assignment groups based on certain rules or configuration items, that really saves us a lot of time.

It is user - friendly too. Very easy to navigate and also has some built in buttons that are really useful.

Cons

Not a major flaw, but if it can create aging tickets report in the form of a pivot table, then there is nothing to beat this tool. We really don't need to rely on excel if we can integrate some into the reporting feature on service now.

Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing ServiceNow

The previous tool was not user-friendly. It was really difficult to make reports. It had a very poor design as well.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

Service-Now had a lot more features and most importantly it was very user friendly. Also, Service-Now was rated as the best in the industry.
Lillian
Lillian

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

ServiceNow helps us centralize our processes

Our distributed crew was able to get together and focus on a single source of information. Now that all incidences are being recorded in one place, we have more insight into how things are progressing.

Pros

Thanks to ServiceNow, our processes are much more streamlined. Assisted in creating a streamlined operation. Our remote team's efficiency increased once we established a central hub where everyone could access the same, reliable information.

Cons

There is some lag time when utilizing the dashboard, but I'm sure this will be addressed in a future update. In addition, I think the report function may use some tweaks.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

ServiceNow Gets You Working Now

I love the software and use it daily. It is performing well and never is down or unavailable for use. It is a reliable and effective tool for our organization.

Pros

The software is easy to use and read exactly what details you need. It is customizable to run various reports, as well as for automated actions for things you need done when some steps are completed.

Cons

It does require someone to be an administrator to really learn the platform and be able to configure it the way it is needed. It is not as mobile device friendly as it could be.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

ServiceNow Review by a Former Helpdesk Technician

its all good, the best ticketing software for me. also Jira

Pros

Everything, I love ServiceNow. I used it in 4 different IT BPO companies here in the Philippines.Integration to other systems is really good and helpful.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons using ServiceNow, it really depends on the Management or Admin that handles ServiceNow. some management can't utilize ServiceNow's great features.

Gaurav
Gaurav

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Service Now - A one stop destination for your ITIL Needs

Awesome. Couldnt imagine any other tool doing the same stuff for you so easily.

Pros

User Interface is very smooth , lot of features , lot of options to configure

Cons

Sometimes apolit for too many features . Need some time to get used to all the funstionalities

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

Ease of operations , setup and use of the tool. Available integrations with all major security tools specially which enahcnes and decreases time and maunal efforts.
Gerardo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

ServiceNow Feedback

Pros

It is easy to use, and you can custom your views

Cons

Sometimes it is really slow when you click on a link

Angeli Eloise
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Service Now is an awesome way to queue tickets!

Pros

Ability to get queued to the correct department, and attach all the needed text/files

Cons

A more modern/compact page for easier navigation

Victoria
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Using SNow since 2012

Considering how long I have been using the product, I find comfort in the fact that I know more on its capabilities so pay less attention to the limitations.

Pros

I like the scalability and possible capability to do more configuration and development for custom use.

Cons

The fact that I can not use SNow links for imbedding

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

It wasn't my decision when choosing the product at the time

Reviewed on 6/5/2023

Main ticketing tool for a company present in over 60 countries

From perspective of a Service Desk Agent, Service Now is a solid ticketing tool with lots of customization and integration options, and decent monitoring capabilities. With regard to reporting - it is no match for an Excel spreadsheet, but the option "Export to Excel" is available in any report table :)

Pros

Customization options and integration with with other tools (Nagios) as well as separate instances of Snow. As an example: one of our customers is running their own instance of Service Now. Their users interact with their own instance of Snow: log incidents, create service requests, receive and respond to mail communication. Snow objects from customer instance are then bridged (synced) into our instance of Snow, where they are actioned by fulfillers. User communication, ticket status etc. are then bridged (synced) back into customer instance of snow and reach final users.

Cons

There is a learning curve for agents coming from other ticketing tools as well as for new joiners - which is expected. A lot of user guide/process information is openly available, however not all the options described (especially reporting) are available in the version currently deployed by the company, which leads to some areas of tribal knowledge.

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

A wonderful and probably the best ticket and change management tool

Pros

Search feature is very powerful and easy to use as it is globalized search.
Allows me to see the ticket distribution across my teammates.
Supports customization of the change management process.

Cons

The frontend design looks a bit old and not much attractive to me personally.
Also it is little bit costly. Apart from these 2 things, everything else seems great about ServiceNow.

Help Scout, Zoho Desk and JIRA Service Management

Helpjuice
Dakshina Singh

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Review by DB - ServiceNow

Pros

This feature is very very impactful in day-to-day IT business.
From incident management to customer engagement, it provides end-to-end solutions.
You have multiple options to display your data in graphical or list formats.
It gives multiple filters to generate effective reports.
It provides a very easy and feasible way to onboard the users and manage the customer accounts and their cases. Our IT department uses ServiceNow helpdesk services to manage the employee data. The support features from ServiceNow makes it easy.

Cons

I do have a few things in mind that ServiceNow can upgrade:

1. They should give the option to edit the comments we make on cases/incidents/changes etc.
2. They should provide the option to perform the search specifically on comments and it should be optimised.
3. There should be option for grid view instead of list view, such that user can go to the next case or incident and update them side-by-side. Currently if we filter out 10 cases, we have to open them all in separate tab to work on it. It should be managiable using same tab only.

Venkatesh

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Effectively manage your ITSM

Great ITSM management through Service now product

Pros

Service now is part and parcel of our ITSM system over the years. We have migrated from other vendors to Service now.Its very critical for IT enterprise to handle incidents, requests and to daily business as usual activities .Its also Critical for reporting metrics to management on a periodic basis. Service now also provides robust usage through Service now anywhere web interface. It just provides ease of use anywhere in a remote work setup for the larger team.

Cons

Service now customer support can be improved.

Gajendra
Gajendra

Reviewed on 10/7/2021

Service Now Review

For me it very good, specially the change.very easy to create change and follow up with the different parties.

Pros

Amazing tool for change incident and CMDB management. I am using this tool for change and incident and I found it best among the tools I used.
Design the too the way you want.

Very simple user interface and make process very easy. With any experience user can use this tool

Cons

Nothing as I am aware of as for me this is best and the way service now is improving , I have nothing what I can this as an improvement.

Hamzat

Reviewed on 30/6/2021

Best ITSM tool

Pros

Service now makes integrating workflow automation easy. I am able to carry out multiple IT Service management activities, ranging from incident management to Change management. it helps to aid accountability, you are able to view the work effort of each employee and the time it takes for incidents to be resolved in line with SLA. With Service now, I am able to view all task and incidents raised to my team at every particular point in time, assign them to appropriate team for resolution and also follow up on resolution. It also provides a platform where i am able to identify trends and recurring issues.
The dashboard allows me to view all related activities at a glance, for me it is the best ITSM tool .

Cons

From NON -IT user perspective, it is difficult to work around the platform, it needs etxra training to educate users on how to use it. Asides that it is a great ITSM tool.

Louwrens

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

ServiceNow really is simple awesome

Pros

ServiceNow really helps us to manage our customer and IT services from end-to-end. We make use of the ITSM, ITBM, IT Asset management, and CMDB features. Together all these features help us manage our clients, our services, and our assets.
There really is so much one can do with the software and once users start adopting this, it really makes such a big difference to how IT can assist the business. Even our other teams like finance started to use it as well now.

Cons

In terms of Backend Setup, ServiceNow does take some configuration to work really well, and this might not be an easy task for someone without previous experience.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Not the prettiest, but very useful

People are mixed about service now, but I really love it. I couldn't do my job without it. It helps me track my work through the different stages that we've configured, and is a effective and efficient tool for project management.

Pros

I like service now because it's very minimal and direct, and time wasn't wasted on designing a pretty interface. we use it for ticket management, both for sending out tickets to other teams, and then also tracking our workflow. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to track all stages of my work, and don't think I could do my job without it.

Cons

It's a little clunky. It's not as intuitive as other options. But I feel as though the functionality, if you have a team dedicated to setting it up for your needs, is incredibly useful and will greatly help in the long run.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Streamlined IT Service Management Tool

Pros

Easy to automate and has various features to prioritize tickets, handle priority tasks and support incidents. The biggest advantage is the ability to integrate with different systems such as Agiloft, JIRA, SecurityScorecard, CRM, etc. ServiceNow helps the implementing team to focus more on collaboration and process development rather than coding since it absolutely limits coding. It is also a well known enterprise GRC tool and has released a Vendor Module, which can be used in Source-to-Pay projects.

Cons

ServiceNow is very expensive, which is a huge deterrent for small and mid-size companies to use its software. They don't do Proof of Concept (POC) in most cases, which forces teams to trust them purely based on the demos and their reputation.

Mikje

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

I hate ticketing software...but not this one.

Closing tickets, overall, is faster than with all previous systems we used.

Pros

Its easy to use, highly customizable on the end user end, and stable. I like that I can make my dashboard look how I want it, and use the format that makes the most sense to me. The admin on the back end has set up some great workflows that allow a single request to be used to do multiple things. Imagine a single ticket to onboard a user, that requests their cubicle from Facilities, thear computer from IT, and their phone from Telecom!

Cons

Configuration items. The way our implementation is configured, you need a valid CI to close the ticket. If an item is not in your CMDB, you have to get an admin to add the CI so you can close a ticket. KEEP IN MIND, this is just our implementation and config, and they are working on a solution to allow end users to apply a new CI, this is just OUR temporary growing pain.

Matt

Reviewed on 14/8/2023

Good professional software

I have used servicenow on multiple projects, mainly for incident tracking. It has worked very well for our teams.

Pros

Service now has tons of features that makes tracking tickets and incidents easy. Submitting tickets is straightforward and the communication on updates is good.

Cons

I don't love the UI, I think it is a bit clunky.

Doreen
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 27/3/2023

ServiceNow review

It helps in escalation of customer queries to support teams. Follow up on issues that are highly logged.

Pros

ServiceNow is easy to use to escalate customer issues to support groups incase a fast call resolution is not given. You're able to track the resolution given to the issue logged by searching the incident.

Cons

I like all the functions of servicenow so i have nothing negative to say.

Joel Neil
Joel Neil
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 19/9/2023

Time Saving

Using Customer service management module and the solid platform has the biggest value.

Pros

The activity dashboards that can be used to track the activities saves great time for users. Being cloud based let the whole diverse team work at the same time without losing any data.

Cons

It needs to integrate with every other product that have been using by the company.

Narendran

Reviewed on 6/3/2023

ServiceNow User Review

Pros

I use ServiceNow for working on the tickets assigned to me. It is very easy to handle for maintaining our current status on the ticket and update the stakeholders/users to keep them on track on the issue or request. It also gives us the option to link any change or problem associated to it. We have the flexibilty of creating incident task and see all related incident created by same user.

Cons

As of now I haven't felt any limitations with ServiceNow. Will update if any in future.