Hubdoc Reviews

About Hubdoc

Hubdoc handles the complex process of manual data entry by business owners using spreadsheets. Simply snap paper invoices, bills or receipts using smartphone or tablet camera and the apps for iOS or Android scans those documents...

3.8
3.8

Browse Hubdoc Reviews

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/2/2023

Say Goodbye to Manual Data Entry with Hubdoc

Overall, Hubdoc is an excellent solution for businesses looking to streamline their financial document management processes. Its time-saving and error-reducing features make it a valuable asset to any finance team. However, it is important to keep in mind the limited storage capacity and customization options when considering this software.

Pros

As a user of Hubdoc software in a company, I can say that it has been a game changer for our document management processes. Hubdoc is a cloud-based application that automatically fetches financial documents such as bills, invoices, and receipts from various sources and converts them into digital files that can be easily accessed, managed and shared. One of the biggest pros of using Hubdoc is the significant amount of time it has saved us. Prior to using this software, we had to manually collect, organize and upload all of our financial documents, which was a very tedious and time-consuming process. With Hubdoc, all of our documents are automatically fetched and organized in one centralized location, which saves us a lot of time and makes it easier to stay on top of our finances. The accuracy of the data extraction is also noteworthy. Hubdoc uses advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology to extract the necessary data from documents, which has greatly reduced the need for manual data entry and the potential for errors.

Cons

There are also some cons to using Hubdoc. One of the biggest drawbacks is the limited document storage capacity. The software only allows for a certain amount of document storage before additional fees are required. This can be problematic for companies with high document volumes.Another con is the limited customization options. While Hubdoc's interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate, there are limited options for customizing document management workflows, which may not meet the needs of all companies.

Veronica

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Could not work without it

Pros

I like the way Hubdoc stores data in file folders similar to a windows/Apple document manager
I like the tag feature so I can also highlight documents into other groupings without having to chainge the vendor name.
I also love the reposting feature if there was an error when the item was posted originally.

Cons

Sometimes the AI is off significantly on the data extraction.
I dislike that they no longer have bank statement direct links

Reasons for Switching to Hubdoc

It was a better interface for that client. The folder setup and ability to tag items met their needs better
Trent

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

We only use it because it is free

Very poor

Pros

It syncs up with Xero easily helping us add documents to our accounting system

Cons

This software is horrible, the data extract is poor in comparison to Dext and it takes a long time to process. If it was not free and part of Xero, we would not use it. Xero could spend a little time and money on development to improve this to the same standard of Dext

Reasons for Choosing Hubdoc

Price was free

Price

Top Hubdoc Alternatives

Lissa
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Document Storage

A great first step into getting our essential documents all in one place.

Pros

We implicated this solution for our document storage problem. This was out first document storage solution. Is easy to drop files into software or email into hubdoc.

Cons

Organizing documents into folders is a bit tricky, buy can easily search for and find what you are looking for.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Hubdoc

We actual use both, 1 for storage and 1 for documents that we update.
Brett
Brett

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Hubdoc is part of my software suite

Pros

Hubdoc is a great all-in-one expense tracking/ document collecting software solution. I set up all of my clients with this software and show them how to use it on their phones and through email. Two great features for the accountant or bookkeeper.
1) Receipt capture. No longer will you need to contact your clients to request what a particular charge is because they can simply scan the receipt at the time of purchase, or forward the digital receipt to their specific email address. The software pulls the necessary information from the receipt and pre-populates an entry to the accounting software you have synced to their Hubdoc account.
2) Connection to banks and credit card companies is super by the automatic download of statements. No longer do you have to go to each of the client's bank's websites and manually download the statements for reconciliation. Hubdoc will grab them for you.

Cons

Hubdoc will categorize an expense to push the charge as a bill/invoice or directly to a bank account into the accounting software. One negative feature is the inability to tag the bank accounts with the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used so the Hubdoc can push directly to that bank account. At this time of publication, we have to manually add the bank account to push the expense to - also assuming you have the last four digits of the cards memorized. Which I do not.

Reviewed on 10/4/2023

Easy to use software , goes really well with Xero

Pros

Simple to use and included with Xero subscriptions

Cons

Lack some features that other competitors have

Dext Prepare and AutoEntry

Included with Xero
denise

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Recently purchased by Xero

Mostly positive. It is pricey but now included in the monthly cost of Xero

Pros

Fetching of popular bank statements and accounts is great - saves much time. The auto organization is also good if a bit confusing for new users

Cons

Xero just purchased this company which makes me leery of using it as a QBO user. I am considering moving to Xero now...

Fetching capability

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Generally happy with the product and I recommend it to my clients

Pros

Ease of sending invoices / receipts via multiple options.
Fetching of bank and supplier statements.
Fetches bank statements in .csv which is great for manual importing into Xero Ledger.
Fast and helpful tech support.

Cons

Usually needs some user input to push transactions to Xero correctly.

Joseph
Joseph

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Hubdoc is just the perfect solution to all my bookkeeping needs, easily integrates with other...

Bookkeeping made easy, it has changed the whole process and made it very enjoyable.

Pros

This has provided me with a nice platform where i can set up all my clients and easily pull their statements and documents at my convenience whenever need arises.

Cons

Some glitches may occasionally arise like the auto fetch connections may sometimes go down. Thanks to the support team that always come in handy to fix any such issues.

Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Save administrative time chasing documents

We've experienced some client hesitancy to use Hubdoc. I did not expect this - even the client who continues to mail in his bank statements and payroll records refuses to use this product. The customer service is not easy to reach. I have to contact them to send reminders to those who haven't accepted the invite.

Pros

We have saved HOURS each month bugging clients about providing statements and logging into various banks to get all of our clients bank and credit card statements. Hubdoc fetches the statements and they are available when we need them.

Cons

They seem to have a problem with Bank of America's security forcing our clients to log in each month and verify their identity. We thought we had a solution to save clients time, and now we have to ask them to log in every month.

Julie

Reviewed on 28/7/2019

Broken for Quebec users

Quebec users please stay away. It's a frustrating app that thinks it's better than your own judgement to calculate the sale taxes!

Pros

The app is easy to use. You can start using it right away with few lessons.

Cons

The sale taxes feature is broken for Quebec users. The half-tax rule for meals and entertainment simply does NOT work. It's so frustration because at the end you need to download the invoice and do it yourself because the app won't allow to push your invoice if it thinks the sale taxes don't match. This is highly frustrating because in the end you are better to not use the software.

Travis

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Perfect for getting all your receipts online

Hubdocs is a really great way to store information in a format that makes it easy to find. No more shoe boxes or receipts!

Pros

Great bit of software that is easy to use and easy to teach clients how to use. Keeps all my receipts organised and easy to track back to source documents.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software. Xero now included it for free in their basic package.

Alison

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Great experience with document sharing and downloading

Pros

I use Hubdoc to setup new clients so we can view their bank statements and check images in one place. I like that we can pull statements and docs easily from Hubdoc if needed.

Cons

I wish all the banks and software were setup to use Hubdoc. When I put out a software or bank sync request, I don't usually hear back from anyone on the Hubdoc team. When I have an issue using Hubdoc, I don't ever hear back from the customer service team.

Michelle

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Hubdoc is an amazing resource!

I am very pleased - I love Hubdoc! My clients upload their receipts using the app and I categorize them and push them to QBO. It's a great work flow!

Pros

Hubdoc is very easy to use and allows categorization of documents in a well-organized manner. The ability to code receipts then publish them to QuickBooks only is especially helpful and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Frequent interruptions of links with banks. I don't know if this is a bank problem or a Hubdoc problem.

Kim
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

Free add on to Xero

Incredibly easy to use, all invoices are stored and exported easily as draft in Xero. Search function is great and it flags duplicates.

Pros

This product is available for free with Xero, this is great for assisting your company to go paperless

Cons

Some gl codes from Xero will not work when entering in Hubdoc, so save as draft then update in Xero which can be frustrating.

Katie

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Free From Mountains of Paper

Pros

I don’t have to deal with mountains of paper! Easy to use!

Cons

Sometimes the pictures of receipts can’t be found and I have to re upload them.

Mandy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/6/2019

Saves paper

So far I love being able t help the environment by not printing all the time

Pros

That we can upload payment summaries without having to print stuff off

Cons

Kind of hard to find files uploaded.
Not organized well

Khurram

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

Hubdoc's review

Pros

It can be integrated with Xero as well as Quickbooks online which makes it the number one OCR solution for accountants and bookkeepers. It also offers a free partner account for accountants.

Cons

Sometimes it fails to recognize the receipts and shows an error message even though the receipt is from an existing supplier.

Samantha
Samantha
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Hubdoc for organization on the go

When having multiple users or cardholders linked to one account, this is a very helpful software to organize all of those potential receipts and transactions into one platform and folders.

Pros

The receipt capture capabilities and the quick link between the mobile app and online platform is flawless. The feature is quick and you can capture, rename, and file within seconds. Data entry becomes a breeze.

Cons

More smart technology to read receipt information in the future would be great.

Rachel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Good for receipt management

Pros

I love being to send receipts to Quickbooks and having the expense already recorded there by the time I work through the bank feed. Clients can send receipts to Hubdoc instead of filling up my emil.

Cons

I don't like the price, it is only worthwhile if you have a decent paying client and they actually utilize it. I also wish they would allow you to send deposit type transactions to Quickbooks. The bank statement fetching doesn't always work either.

Jeff
Jeff

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

Making my life easier

Efficiency, organization, accessibility, cost savings

Pros

This software makes the regular duties of ongoing bookkeeping for clients much easier. Once it's all set up and the client connects their accounts... bam! No more constant asking for necessary documents to complete my scope of work. I save myself time and I can do more. The software automatically organizes data by folder. I also don't need to worry about login data from my clients, so no concern about protecting their logins. The customer support team is quick to respond and follow up.

Cons

Some companies that the software automatic fetches statements or other documents have ran into problems and stopped working.

Kevin
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/4/2018

Good app, execution could improve however

Pros

I love that you can scan or take a picture of a receipt and it will sync with accounting software to create a transaction with the backup attached.

Cons

I wish it was automated so I don't have to log in and process the receipt. It should be able to pull the information directly from the document and "push" it to the accounting software without intervention.

Gillian
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Hubdoc is fantastic!

Pros

Hubdoc makes saving all of our paperwork in one spot a walk in the park. It’s so easy to go back and look for old receipts by supplier.

Cons

I find zooming in and out on a receipt not intuitive at all.

Tracy
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 1/1/2020

I had no idea how much I needed this!

Before Hubdoc I was having to manually create bills and upload & attach receipts in Xero. It wasn't bad, but Hubdoc saves several steps in the process. The OCR works great, too, and it recognizes my repeating monthly invoices and files them under the correct vendor. Truly a great timesaver.

Pros

Being able to synchronize with Xero is awesome. I love being able to upload my business bills & receipts and have them publish to Xero tied in to the right vendors and accounts.

Cons

I have yet to discover anything I don't like about using Hubdoc. It's fast, simple, and secure. No complaints.

Liz
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Fetching and QBO sync are awesome!

Hubdoc has saved a ton of time fetching bank statements and bills!

Pros

Love that Hubdoc fetches bank statements and bills. Importing receipts images is easy and allows mapping to be saved.

Cons

Wish there were more banks to connect to.