About ChARM EHR

ChARM Health is a MU certified, cloud-based EHR, Practice Management and Medical Billing solution that helps healthcare organizations ranging from large multi-specialty groups to small independent medical offices function...

Browse ChARM EHR Reviews

Sara C. Sara C.

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

Best EHR for value

I sampled several EHR systems last year and ChARM had most of the qualities that I wanted a administrator and clinician. I really enjoy using this EHR system and it is easy for my clients to use as well to sign paperwork and access resources.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can customize all of my notes and templates that I need on a daily basis. I also really enjoy that everything can be electronic and all paperwork can be sent to clients and have signatures in real time.

Cons

I feel the customer services could set up EFT and enrollments for payers to make it streamlined and easier for the provider.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

At the time I was using it I could not customize my notes to meet state and insurance standards

TherapyNotes

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

ChARM was the most inclusive program I could find along with a great price for a solo practice and ease of use.
Shawn W. Shawn W.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

Pros

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support".

What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires, capturing signoffs, requesting appointments, email/text reminders, chatting/texting directly with the provider, etc. They also have several different Apps for mobile devices, so it's easy to access and document (chart/bill/schedule).

This is a great platform for any provider, but if your specialty/business is looking for a more direct engagement and connection with your patients, and not necessarily tied to an office location/network, Charm can provide these capabilities all in one fully integrated platform.

Cons

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement.

Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

Renee C. Renee C.

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price.

I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits.

We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

Pros

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

Cons

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Top ChARM EHR Alternatives

Kate T. Kate T.

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Low cost, scaleable EHR with responsive staff

We use Charm for a Telepsychiatry company with all TeleHealth visits. Charm has been responsive to our product inquiries and integration options.

Pros

Low cost, can view software ahead of purchase, responsive customer service, easy to use and train, customizable.

Cons

Not quite enterprise level yet, still some basic features most other EHRs have that are missing. But, Charm is catching up!

Zak W. Zak W.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

ChARM Implementation

ChARM allows me to easily configure and evaluate practice configurations with Practioners and staff. This allows me to prepare and train to our practice's unique work flows and scenarios. I am looking forward to completing the roll out and feel confident that the ChARM team will ensure that we are fully implemented on time.

Pros

ChARM provides multiple support channels offering comprehensive onboarding and post-implementation support. I rely on their knowledgebase and experienced team to quickly review configurations and support tuning for our unique work flows.

Cons

ChARM is a rich, comprehensive practice management platform. As the implementation lead, I did not in nitially integrate the (available) e ChARM resources into our team.

Barry S. Barry S.

Reviewed on 2/7/2016

Affordable All in One for Integrative Medicine!

Pros

I have been using Charm for my Integrative practice for over 4 years. They have been really responsive to customer needs and wants. It is very flexible and has many more options for supplementation and dietary recommendations then most other systems. This at a very reasonable price (based on volume) for what is included!

Cons

They are having some growing pains with customer service and some times do not get issues resolved until you get in touch with a senior representative.

Megan S. Megan S.

Amazing versatile product

Efficient, easy and versatile. Perfect for small to medium companies.

Pros

Highly customizable and scaling prices.

Cons

None love everything.

Hrvoje P. Hrvoje P.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

I just love it

Pros

Price is really great and it is really good to use. We used practice fusion before but it's complicated.

Cons

inventory tracking and billing for medications we receive. And we cannot manage reports like on other EHR.

Elizabeth G. Elizabeth G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 21/11/2016

Why did I wait to so long to switch to Charm Tracker!

A colleague recommended Charm Tracker for my EHR needs, so I decided to check them out. I've been a client for about a year now. I have a small practice so cost was an issue - no problem. I don't have employees and would need to know how to run the program - no problem. I wanted to make sure it was HIPPA compliant and secure - no problem!

I decided to try this EHR system as I was running out of space with filing. Not to mention the time to file away chart notes. When I do have to print off my chart notes - they look so professional.

They assign you a consultant who will train you on how to use the program. I was able to design my own chart note system. My consultant has been faithful to check in with me on a regular basis, so I feel supported. It's been a win-win system for me.

Pros

1. cost - free to join & free to use up to 50 entries per month. And the cost afterwards is reasonable.
2. reduces paper & time - frees up space - my files were getting larger and taking up room. frees up my time away from filing
3. great training and good customer support
4. HIPPA compliant and secure in cyberspace

Pat V. Pat V.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

The Best of the E Learning Tools

I am extremely pleased with ChaRM EHR. It is so easy to schedule clients and does not require me to do more than make about three clicks. The software is great for therapy. Site share works well and I do not have any issues with therapy connections during sessions.

Pros

The ease of scheduling and reaching my clients. It is great that it is HIPPA compliant.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software. It is amazing!!

Aaron S. Aaron S.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

No real customer support.

Liked there soft ware in general

Pros

I like there software in general, scheduling and itemizing unique purchases and price. This is all good if they had customer service.

Cons

Lack of support or none.. We needed help with the Faxes stopped working and tried calling and just left message. Days later no response, so we had to use another company for faxes.

Dr. denise c T. Dr. denise c T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Charm EHR has made managing our acupuncture practice more efficient and easier.

Improved chart notes and billing.

Pros

We run a group practice so it is great to be able to maintain standard notes and process a chart from registration to billing with ease. The integrated clearinghouse is simple to process claims and the chart notes are customizable.

Cons

The mobile apps features need to match the desktop version especially with integrating scheduling with chart notes and annotated images.

Travis E. Travis E.

Reviewed on 19/11/2016

Great customer service and solid platform

I've used Charm for years and they have consistently improved the functionality, using the suggestions and requests of actual doctors. I now use the billing module, the merchant processing, the online calendar option, and of course the charting. I love how the entirety of my practice is run through Charm. And my patients really like it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service.

Cons

The messaging can be a bit clunky. The billing reports are not as customizable as I would like.

Luke S. Luke S.

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

Horrific Customer Support

Pros

It looks great and is easy to navigate. We do love their customizable intake forms, which are easy to create and look fantastic.

Cons

Worst customer service I've experienced, possibly ever. We have been waiting on Charm for TWO WEEKS just to allow us to charge our patients directly through Charm. They're integrated with Bluefin (a credit card processor), but they literally seem to have zero idea how to set up our account. Each time I call, I speak to "CSR", who says "sorry, I can't do anything about this, let me send a message to our team". To say our team is frustrated with Charm is an understatement. Do yourself a favor and use Elation Health.

Sherri W. Sherri W.

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Best thing our practice ever did.

Our practice used to be all paper based, we signed up to charm in 2015 and it has been the best thing we ever did. It has saved us time by having everything in one system. It has saved us money by cutting down on our paper usage. It makes tracking claims so easy. The best part is we are now totally Hippa compliant and it has improved communication between our practice and patients. The support staff is excellent and quick to respond to all of our inquiries.

Mikhail B. Mikhail B.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Good free software

Good free software for a star up medical clinic. I would recommend for any small clinic that doesn't want to pay for other EHR's. It has a lot of features for a free software.

Antonio V. Antonio V.

Charm review

Very pleasant and believable it or not; enjoyable

Pros

Easy of use, extremely versatile and amenable to small practices and great value.

Cons

Not much on this area. Great company, great product and great reasoning to start a company like Charm

Charles C. Charles C.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Very solid value EMR

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

Margo C. Margo C.

Reviewed on 24/5/2021

Excellent EHR system

At first I insisted on meeting staff and it was not welcome at first however when I was able to touch base with an instructor it made a huge difference to learn it’s functionality.

Pros

The software is practical and you can use it on a cell phone which is great. I do home visits and it is very helpful.

Cons

There is a learning curve to use it but once you learn it it is great.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Not as sophisticated as this EHR

Azalea Health

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

It was more practical for use in my practice when I do home visits and do functional medicine.
Emily E. Emily E.

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Great for solo-solo practice!

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

Pros

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

Cons

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Ease of implementation and low cost of implementation, the fact that it was designed for small practices and seemed to work well for a solo-solo practice, the great salesperson meeting that didn't feel like they were trying to sell me more than I needed, and the fact that I could run Charm totally on my iPad.
June A. June A.

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

Big issue with billing, very difficulty to get responds from the company.

EHR was OK. Billing related is nightmare. Poor responds from certain people from company!

Pros

It looks clean, modern looking, more user friendly than my previous one.

Cons

Billing and customer service is a nightmare. I started using Charm Billing back to October 2020. I got a zoom training for about an hour or two, during the training, there was one or two insurance was put into the system. After that, I was told to do it myself. However, I could not login for a long time. Finally, I had to set up another login in order to get into the right place. Until March 2021, I finally was told that the first ERA from the first enrolled insurance company would sync data with CharmEHR. It has been 5 months for one thing to work. Even today, April 1, 2021, I still not get ERA for every insurance enrolled. I has been contacting optum and Charm for discount for the time that billing not totally function. So far, Optum told me it is Charm's issue, and Charm just not respond to this request at all!! When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated.
Not accurate patient's due and reports
No emergency help! For customer service, yes, you can email or chat with someone. For email, sometimes take a day or two to get a reply, sometimes take several days to get a reply, not reliable. One day, I found that it took forever to open Charm website on Chrome, but my assistant who use Safari seemed OK. So I switched to Safari for a couple of days. Speed was OK after switch, however, when I edit patient's info, when update phone number, not working. So I switched back

Camille K. Camille K.

Happy we switched

Has solved many problems. Love that it links it all together in one place.

Pros

Ease if use. Everything in one program.

Cons

Glitchy in some areas. Wish there was more practice management options. Customer support is slow.

Kelsi E. Kelsi E.

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Fly

So wonderful genuine staff who are so helpful and positive

Pros

Customizable
Easy
Reports are diverse

Cons

How much time I have to spend on it
Still iron out glitches maybe forever

Heidi W. Heidi W.

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

Solo DBP practice

Charm is easy to use and affordable for my solo practice. It is important to me to be able to create documents, templates, handouts and questionnaires for my practice and Charm makes it easy. I have been able to integrate billing and electronic prescribing. It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR

Pros

Affordable
Functional
Easy
Adaptable
Great patient portal
Questionnaires can self populate with patient information
Templates are easy to create
Reports are helpful

Cons

Customer service is great! But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

Monica S. Monica S.

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

Valuable

Excellent

Pros

I have used this product since 2013. The advanced features and the willingness of the company to make changes made based on customer feedback is amazing.

Cons

I don’t like that it can’t be branded with our ligo colors.

Response from MedicalMine

Dear Dr. Saenz, thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on incorporating features based on customer feedback-- Glad you experienced the same. Happy that Charm's advanced features are supporting your Emergency Medicine practice!

Replied 28/8/2020