About Close

Close is the sales engagement CRM designed to help SMBs turn more leads into revenue. At Close, were dedicated to the business of the future: smart, agile teams who work remotely. If you're a tech-enabled team who needs to scale...

Browse Close Reviews

Akshay

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

Great Beginner CRM Tool

Great tool overall to get started for a founder with little sales experience

Pros

- Very easy to get started / intuitive interface
- Enables you to send emails straight from tool and manage inbox
- Ability to set reminders and follow ups
- pipeline UI, similar to salesforce or hubspot

Cons

- analytics on emails (open rates, campaigns) hard to understand. Ended up using persistIQ for this
- hard to tell when prospect opened email

Streak, Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Close

Email inbox management in Close

HubSpot Sales Hub
Eric

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

Close - Marketing Agency

Overall I would highly recommend the software to other businesses users I think it is far better than its competitors.

Pros

It is a great CRM for marketing and sales agencies. I would recommend the software if you do a lot of outbound sales and need to assign tasks to team members.

Cons

It is a little bit of a steep learning curve however once you get the gist of it everything becomes very easy.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Close

I needed the use of an integrated phone line for the CRM.

Mailshake

Reasons for Switching to Close

I preferred the customer experience with Close.

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Good For A Small Sales Team, in The Early Days

On a larger scale, Close becomes really impractical. Sales agents lose track of contacts, there's no meaningful data analysis that can be done because of a lack of tagging and order. It's a good package to start out with, but I find that companies move along quickly for more powerful and useful products.

Pros

- really easy to use
- stripped down to the bare minimum, not many tabs for the sales team to navigate
- new email chain function is impractical as it's a manual task to set up for so few sales contacts
- customer support a few years ago was bad but has improved greatly
- price

Cons

- hard to extract data in a meaningful way. The search functionality is quite rudimentary
- data analysis is barely existent
- insufficient tagging
- feels like a doctored spreadsheet with nicer formatting but less usability

Top Close Alternatives

Ben

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

A straightforward email tool for sales teams

Close is a fantastic email tool that I would find hard to get rid of.

Pros

This is for everyone who needs to be an email powerhouse. This allows you to manage your communications with leads and new customers very easily. Their software is tailored to be the most efficient possible.

Cons

This is not a great CRM. It's best used in tandem with a CRM like HubSpot or Salesforce. Most of the automation capability is outsourced to Zapier.

Alexander

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Close is great for startup sales but lacks some simple features

Overall it's been a good but not great experience. The basics are covered for a CRM but some what seems like basic features are still missing.

Pros

I love the automated email sequences to help with my outbound prospecting efforts. This enables me to 'set it and forget it" to ensure proper follow up is happening with prospects.

Cons

I don't like that you can't map specific email chains to specific opportunities. Furthermore, you can't upload files which is a real drawback and support suggested I just link to google shared drives.

Nick

Reviewed on 9/3/2015

A modern sales platform optimized for outreach

While Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers.

With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data entry, and is the perfect companion for any sales team using the "Predictable Revenue" (A book by Aaron Ross) approach to sales. All activity (calls, emails, lead status changes) is automatically tracked, leaving the sales rep to just write contextual notes for each activity.

The automatic tracking of activity leads sales managers to easily determine how much activity yields certain sales results. Those answers are the holy grail when it comes to building a scalable sales process.

Pros

- Built-in call and email integration.
- Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation.
- Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search.
- Native Mac and WIndows apps.
- Responsive support team.
- Custom fields

Cons

- Costly for budget conscious teams. (But not less expensive than Salesforce and like platforms)
- No native mobile apps yet. (Not recommended for outside sales teams)

• Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 10/3/2015

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.

Pros

The features that helped us the most:

-real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way.
-recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement.
- Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first:

- call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely.

-Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.

Jordan

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Great Sales Tracking Management

Close.io is great for tracking leads and customer bases and the communication timeline as well.

Pros

My favorite thing about Close.io is the ability to add custom fields that help with reporting and overall ease of use. Also being able to call directly from the software and have the calls recorded and task creations are very simple.

Cons

The user interface could use some improvement. The flow of things can sometimes get a little chaotic so creates extra time to learn the system.

JASON
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 12/2/2016

The future looks bright with Close.IO

I have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO.

While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.

Pros

Automation and their inbox is a huge pro.
Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI!
A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.

Cons

We did have a tough time with our firewall when first setting up Close.IO, so make sure to include your Network Admin in the conversation of switching to Close.IO early on in the process.
Sometimes getting someone on the phone can be a challenge, but email and scheduling a call have never been a problem.

Samantha
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Works as promised

Close has been great and their customer support is really awesome.

Pros

Close is an easy way to keep track of leads and customers alike. We can set tasks, see who is calling, and have visibility to communication the client has had with other people in the company.

Cons

I really don’t have many complaints. One tiny nitpicky thing: the icon in my tool bar continues to bounce even after someone else has answered a call. It can get confusing.

Varun

Reviewed on 21/9/2018

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Pros

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Cons

When importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.

Jim
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Best out there

Pros

Love it for all businesses I have worked in. I literally have my own Personal Close I use that I bring when I take a contract, so I don't have to use something else. It is part of my working life now - Easy deployment (Even when Microsoft tries to ruin everything for you), Simple and easy, can opt into great features if you need it, export your leads, whatever it is - It is software that has clearly been made by someone who was in Business Development. The amount of time I save not having to manually document how much work I have done...Makes me more successful.

Cons

Nothing - it is great - A small deployment issue once, but that was 100% Microsofts fault. The reps were great at fixing it.

Dean

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective.

Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there.

My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Cons

Contact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

Response from Elastic

Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.

Replied 10/11/2016
Tayler

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Close helps you close.

The sales team uses close everyday. It has helped us stay organized, keep customer data up to date and stay on top of opportunities.

Pros

-Easy for the team to use.
-Calling system is great
-Fast customer Service.
-Call recording is fantastic.
-Easy onboarding

Cons

-Reporting is lacking for what we need. We would like to see more detailed reporting.
-Company Hierarchy. No way to easily setup parent and child companies
- Limited field for opportunities
-Smartviews are difficult to use.
- Few direct Integrations.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Great CRM

Overall my experience with Close has been a positive one. Customer service is responsive.

Pros

The pros are that is a pretty straight forward CRM to use. It integrates well with many other applications.

Cons

Overall, I cannot really think of any cons. It gets the job done as a reasonably priced CRM. It does not have as many features as salesforce but for the price its great.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Great simple CRM that we actually use

Pros

Close integrates all of our customer communication into one place to make it really easy to use. Because it integrates with calling and email, most communication gets automatically logged so there isn't that annoying extra step. And because we're already in it while interacting with customers, adding notes is natural. The result is a CRM system that is up to date and gets used.

Cons

I'd like prettier reporting. The reporting screen basically counts and filters to give a table of results. I would love to have this visualize pipelines and allow us to drill down on results in a more visual way.

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

Good for contact and basic pipeline management, but lacks customization to enrich leads and...

It does the jib for very basic pipeline management, but definitely not goos for reporting due to the lack of customization.

Pros

Their contact management module is very well built. Email and event tracking are efficient.

Cons

The app lacks field customization for extra lead/deal data for reports, I found their integrations really limited (you can connect with Zapier but still has some limitations). Your tasks do not have a specific section or dashboard and you can easily lose track of the daily pending tasks.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/7/2022

Good CRM but could improve reports and analytics.

Pretty good and solid to help increase sales with some insteresting features and good interface and friendly, could be better in reports!

Pros

Its pretty good to follow up, increase sales (productivity), email or chat are pretty solid tools to development a good business relationship.

Cons

Must improve reports/analytics tool, It is only focused on sales and not all KPI's are well reported or break and working hours record.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 14/2/2019

Powerful DUmb Tool

Sales. Closing. This is what CLose IO is best for. If you want it to do complicated tasks it would start breaking up and tearing down into nothing. For smile and dial, this is the best.

Pros

Love the fact that I can power dial a bunch of people and drop voice mails. This is a godsend for my team.

Cons

Stupid workflows, automations were really horrible and was set up poorly by the agent who worked and never was working correctly for 9 months.

Linus

Reviewed on 20/5/2015

Awesome product with a great search centric approach

At Duma Works, a Kenya based recruitment startup, we use close.io to keep track of all of our customer relations, existing and potential. Apart from that we're also using it as a multi-tool for everything from fundraising to recruitment. The search centric approach makes it easy to create any type of customised list of leads and treat them differently based on their unique characteristics. The ability to add custom fields to all leads in combination with the bulk email feature makes it possible to easily send hundreds of personalised emails in seconds.

I would recommend close.io to anyone who wants to maintain and grow a database of contacts, be it customers, candidates or investors.

Pros

- Easy to create customised lead views and send personalised bulk emails
- Stripped down feature set, only contains what's necessary
- Extremely easy to get started, no advanced setup necessary
- Great support and response time from the team at close.io

Cons

- I lack the ability to track meetings, it's the only part of the sales funnel that I can't follow up on
- I lack the ability to mark notifications as unread

Ali
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 23/3/2015

Increases the chance of closing a deal

My team and I began using Close.io to close deals via the calling & Email features they have implemented into the software. We imported our leads very easily, and managed to start closing deals with potential clients. Close.io is a unique product that allows you to manage multiple streams that increases the chance of closing a deal.

Pros

Calling feature, Tracked emails, Work with multiple team members on closing deals.
Biggest feature is the app you can download via the app store or from the close.io website, makes things super easy to manage. The Smart views and sorting filters are very useful in managing multiple leads.

The support team is incredible! I've never experienced such support with any other company.

Cons

Only issue I ran into is when grouping leads under a specific category which has to be done manually in the spreadsheets, but I spoke with the support team and gave me step by step to resolve this issue.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016

Dare I say It's Fun?

If you're organized and you'd like to pass that along to other coworkers, this is a great piece of software. It's easy to add fields for customers and leads, keeping pertinent information accessible for all entries. That information is easily trackable, with a great search tool that will find absolutely any query by searching across all entries.

Pros

The search bar makes finding ANYTHING very quick and easy. Also, the ability to see emails between colleagues and leads/customers. It's a great tool for support teams.

Cons

I love the organization of Close.io, but there are so many possibilities to keep track of, it can be overwhelming.

Response from Elastic

Thanks a lot for the great review, Daniel. We're glad your team is getting so much value out of our sales app. If you ever want a complimentary consultation by our success team, please let us know. They can help you find the best setup for your team :)

Replied 9/12/2016
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

Best CRM EVER!

Close.io has been great from the start. Getting setup was easy and migrating our data from our previous CRM was simple. We are now able to monitor all outreach metrics in real time and close more deals with close.io

Pros

Close.io is every sales teams dream! Its super simple but extremely powerful! It has everything you need to effectively close deals daily and keeps you on track with very little effort.

Cons

I wish there was a two record type Leads and Accounts. There is a work around but my personal preference is a clear distinction between leads and accounts.

Mandy

Reviewed on 8/9/2015

"They're just so...good!"

We have been shopping for a CRM for far too long. Then Kevin and Close.io got our attention. We have had nothing but above and beyond conversations that can only be described as authentic. I typically can't stand the sales process, but something about the honesty took the sting out of the experience. When you hang up the phone after a call and collectively agree, "They're just so...good," it's a great feeling. The product itself is loaded with the features our business needs as we grow. We're looking forward to finding out just how accurate their tagline is...If we, in fact, close more deals and make more sales, we all win. With the powerful features at our fingertips, and so many great integrations, we think our sales team will see great results.

Pros

Excellent support
Concise Call Logging
Smooth UI/UX
Flexible pricing
Integrations

Cons

So far, the only hiccup has been importing/exporting from our existing CRM (using Import2).

Stephanie
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

This is a simple, easy to use platform that manages leads and calls, making it easy to monitor with call recording/listening, as well.

Pros

Easy to record calls as well as listen in on or join calls – can easily talk only to the customer service agent so the customer can't hear, as well. Calls are saved and appointments that are made/messages are easy to find and see.

Cons

There isn't a feature available (yet) to be able to schedule emails to go out, which would be helpful with appointment setting and lead management.