About Justworks

Justworks makes it easier to start, run, and grow a business. With Justworks, entrepreneurs and their teams get access to big-company benefits, automated payroll, compliance support, and HR tools - all in one place. Justworks...

Browse Justworks Reviews

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Worst PEO ever

They just suck and I suggest you to not to be misled by their sales pitch

Pros

Somewhat easier to use they put too much burden on the company.

Cons

Be aware of them, they don't pay the withheld taxes to IRS; Check their status of PEO on the IRS website

Very unfriendly customer service - they act like a bunch of entitled officers

Zenefits and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

to get the benefits from PEO

Gusto
Evan E. Evan E.
  • Industry: Internet

Justworks for a Series A tech startup

We've used Gusto before, which was also good, but found Justworks to be more affordable and useful at the point that we started adding benefits instead of just payroll.

Pros

24/7 live support via Slack is a game changer that I wish every provider would offer. Software itself is very easy to use and setup, benefits are extensive so you can really customize to your team's needs. So much just happens on its own without my involvement which is great.

Cons

Not much functionality around contractors, and can't handle international contractors at all I believe, so we have to use other solutions here. Also no way to schedule recurring reimbursements for benefits that aren't part of the ones they offer already (like if you want to reimburse for a monthly gym membership that isn't ClassPass).

Rippling

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

When we were adding benefits Justworks was more cost effective and they came recommended by other founders I know.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Founder reviews for Rippling had some nightmare stories.
Kara M. Kara M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Payroll/Benefit/HR Management Tool Review

From onboarding to continued support this is by far the best system we have ever used.

Pros

I am blown away but the easy to use management for benefits, payroll and HR. The customer services is always quick and effective. I am often blown away with how Justworks follows up with tools for me to use and to make sure I had my questions resolved. I also appreciate that I can take care of my team all in one place.

Cons

I would like a couple more reporting options, and if the admin could switch to staff view so that I could always look at what they are looking at to better assist.

ADP Vantage HCM

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

The ability to take care of Benefits, training, payroll for contractors and employees all in one space.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

The customer service

Top Justworks Alternatives

Robert W. Robert W.

Straightforward Dashboard with Excellent Support

Overall my experience with JustWorks has been a positive one. Their support team are easy to access and answer questions quickly.

Pros

Employee and contractor management solutions are super easy and straightforward. Benefits solution, including the Time Off options, are also easy to use and administer. Employees love the simple dashboard used for accessing review docs, submitting time off requests, and accessing contractor contacts.

Cons

Wish vendors were treated like contractors, with the ability to store documents associated with vendors and add them to company directory.

Juliette D. Juliette D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Justworks leads the PEO market

If you get a good account manager you are all set. But that's key.

Pros

This is The Most User-Friendly software for my employees to experience

Cons

There are still some features that aren't well thought out, such as tracking and paying hourly employee time, problematic birthday features, and details like that.

Christa K. Christa K.

Incredible Admin and Employee Support

I have found exemplary employees in all aspects of the process (sales, onboarding rep, account rep, HR support, accounting). I feel thankful every day that I have the support and guidance of Justworks to help navigate the complexities of payroll, benefits, and compliance.

Pros

The customer service is unmatched with some of the more well known brands. The website is very intuitive, and easy to use. If you do have a problem, or question, there is no ticket system where it takes forever to get a rep. You have a dedicated, accessible account manager who is your go to, and can also work with the 24/7 support team. Instead of every question going through you as an admin, their support team is very hands on and works with your employees as well.

Cons

There have been a few limitations on the PTO system that I have had to find workarounds to, though I believe this is going to be corrected in the next few months.

Anna ruth W. Anna ruth W.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros

The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons

It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Coralie I. Coralie I.

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

It's in the name. It Just Works.

It has solved many issues we would have otherwise run into like all payments, headcount reports, tax docs, contact info.

Pros

Super sue friendly. On demand customer service via slack or phone call. Always helpful. Excellent product, easy for admins to help their staff.

Cons

More flexibility for benefits for partime and contractors. With the rise of remote and freelance work, it would be great to be able to offer benefit packages whatever those may be as options for companies who employe many freelancers.

Brianna M. Brianna M.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Justworks Gives Me LIFE

I've used Justworks for a little over a year now and I adore it. They are always super helpful over the phone and email. I send them as many referrals as I can! I love that I can manage tons of contractors and schedule payments very easily. Their profiles make it easy for my employees to manage their settings and keep up to date with payments.

Pros

Very beautiful, easy to use, serves the purpose very clearly. I love that it was very quick to learn and keeps getting better. If I ever have questions about insurance my account rep is amazingly quick to respond and always helpful.

Cons

There isn't anything bad I can say!

Sandy V. Sandy V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Amazing Platform

I use justworks for benefits, payroll, employee documentation with policies, EH, and other important notes and it has all been so easy to use and very reliable. I love that i can reach my rep immediately and if he is not in the office then someone else takes over and answers very quickly. It's great!

Pros

It is extremely easy to use. I love that I am able to store any important documentation and have it all in one place. I really love the payment tool, it is very easy to schedule, stop, add, view history when it comes to payments.

Cons

I wish there were more days in before payroll processing. Sometimes I need to make an adjustment or employees that use timecards don't know if they will do OT one day but they have to submit days before processing.

Brian W. Brian W.
  • Industry: Furniture

No Brainer for Small Businesses

Pros

Simplicity, scaleability, and affordability. What I mean by this is adding a new employee to the platform (takes <1 min), expanding our employment base to new states is no longer a painful arduous task dealing with departments of labor in each state (Justworks handles it all), and the level of benefits we can offer to our employees is way way better than what we could afford to do previously (health insurance, FSA/HSA, 401K, life/disability insurance, etc...all through a simple to use platform).

Cons

Nothing really. As a startup new employees are blown away by what we can offer them because of our partnership with Justworks.

Neil M. Neil M.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

One Stop Shop

Aside from my suggestion above, the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

I can do most of what I need with or employees on the platform...one of my favorite aspects of JW is the ease of onboarding new hires; from signup to payrolling and I9, it's 100% goof-proof!

Cons

It would be great if there was a Human Capital Management piece. We currently use PeopleGoal for performance reviews and feedback. If we were able to manage this process in JW, it would save lots of time and resources.

Logan H. Logan H.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Wish We had Started Out with JustWorks

Just great. Easy. Removes worry. We switched from SquareUp (which was a complete headache with terrible customer service) and I just wished we had started out using JustWorks from the very beginning.

Pros

They have thought of everything - customer services is always available to help and the how-to articles are top notch. I'm never left wondering if I did something correctly.

Cons

The new changes to make payments took some getting used to.

Josh E. Josh E.

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

JustWorks is a great PEO

Pros

It takes a lot of work off my hands I was previously having to do manually. Having benefits integrated with payroll is very helpful.

Cons

Support is sometimes hard to hear back from.

Ramiz A. Ramiz A.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great Prodct; Make's Admin Jobs Easier

It's just made everything easier from requesting PTOs to offering different benefits to your employees.

Pros

The customer service is outstanding! Each company has a representative that is always willing and ready to help. With my interactions with them, they have been very friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

We have used Justworks for just about everything except for our timesheet system. While they do have one (and we use it for hourly workers), the services we offer make it that out timesheet system has to have certain specifications that Justworks currently does not meet.

Sarah N. Sarah N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Absolutely love it as a user

Pros

Justworks is so easy to navigate and has a beautiful design. The UX is outstanding. They also put out great articles related to HR, employee experience, etc. and had a very well executed unconscious bias training that my company used.

Cons

The only weird feature that I've experienced is their Time Off calculations. The system doesn't include your future time-off days in its calculation of how many days you have left to take off. It's easy to think you have more than you really do.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Easy to use, clean design

We use this as our PEO, and can track all admin items through the software.

Pros

Justworks has a very user-friendly layout and makes it easy for me to check on my paystub, time off, 401k, etc. We've also used the platform for some HR trainings and were pleasantly surprised at how well the trainings could be completed and documented.

Cons

I haven't had a negative experience with Justworks yet. Overall it is easy to use and does what I need it to do.

Tanaz M. Tanaz M.
  • Industry: Internet

Just the PEO we needed

Fabulous. We were happy from day 1 with the demo to launch day. The system has been easy to use so I don't have to get involved at all w my employees.

Pros

It's so easy to use! They simplify things that otherwise seem so complex.

Cons

Not sure actually, I've used other PEOs and this one checks everything off the list that was required.

Justine S. Justine S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

Useful HR Tool

Pros

As a user, I found it helpful to plan my benefits and also go in and find all my Payroll and check in on my Healthcare/ Retirement.

Cons

I don't have anything I dislike currently about this software.

Kim M. Kim M.

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

Justworks is a lifesaver!!

Pros

Makes payroll, tax prep and just overall organization for my firm so much easier. Also, I priced out many PEO's and went with Justworks based on the robust platform combined with their cost and haven't looked back since.

Cons

So far we haven't experienced any. Love using Justworks.

Tomasz W. Tomasz W.

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Survey

Pros

Simplicity, transparency, functionality and modernity

Cons

Missing embedded time and attendance tool

Travis T. Travis T.

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

Best way to simplify the HR process

Pros

With Justworks myself and my team were able to handle all the HR needs with ease.

Cons

Slightly more than expected to spend, but well worth the value.

Ebona M. Ebona M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Easy to use, and a great system to manage the un-fun operations stuff

Pros

1. It super easy to use and find anything you may need (benefits, pay stubs, salary, team, etc)
2. They have a super helpful and easy-to-reach support team.
3. The work benefits you can opt into, such as citibike programs or gym membership discounts.

Cons

If I had to think of something, it would most likely be one of the settings we chose internally that was not easy to change immediately as it was related to a benefit that if changed would not take effect for months.

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pleasant, Easy-To-Use, Simple UI

Pros

I like being able to check my paychecks, benefits, and contact my coworkers quickly and without having to sort through a complicated menu.

Cons

I wish you could customize the dashboard. Small gripe, but it would be cool to be able to move your calendar, directory, add widgets, etc.

Ben B. Ben B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 28/4/2019

The absolute best Payroll/HR platform I've ever seen.

Justworks is the backbone of our HR and payroll system.

Pros

Justworks is fantastic. All of my payroll, insurance, retirement, and benefits information is all in a single account. It's fast, easy-to-use, and superbly organized. Compared to other solutions I've used, Justworks is mythically good.

One thing in particular that I love about Justworks is the design. The iconography, the font choice, the UX, everything is exactly the way you think it should be.

Cons

I really don't have anything to say against Justworks. It's so intuitive, and the design is wonderful. I have no complaints.