About AppointmentPlus

AppointmentPlus is a cloud-based scheduling tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. It offers configurable appointment setting tools, embeddable features for websites, HIPAA-compliant appointment scheduling for...

Browse AppointmentPlus Reviews

Raymond W. Raymond W.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

It's not just about pending appointments

Prior to using AppointmentPlus, I kept my appointments in a day planner and would have to communicate those to the office via email or phone call so they could record them on their end. If I didn't do so promptly, we would end up with duplicate bookings and need to call and reschedule one of the clients.
Additionally, the communication about clients' reasons for appointment changes has increased with this platform.

Pros

While the obvious scheduling features are essential, the thing I liked best was the record keeping. I am easily able to look back and see the appointment history of each individual client. All kept, missed and cancelled appointments are captured. Since I had a support staff who collaborated with me in scheduling and rescheduling, the notes that can be attached to each entry allow for clear understanding of where I stand with each client.

Cons

The mobile app was my least favorite feature. In fairness, it has been many months since I have last looked at it and newer updates might have made it more desirable. My feeling was that, even on my phone, I was better off accessing AppointmentPlus via a web browser.

Jennifer H. Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Could Not Be Happier

Pros

The AppointmentPlus system has been a welcomed addition to our busy office. We use it for job candidate screening call scheduling. It has saved me countless hours of having to go back and forth in trying to find a time to schedule.

The system is well-designed and easy to use. I also like the automated email reminders I get. Overall, I couldn’t be happier with the system.

Cons

I can’t really think of any cons. Customer service is outstanding and the system exceeds our expectations

Response from AppointmentPlus

Jennifer, we appreciate the 5-star review! Yes, having to go back-and-forth in trying to find a date and time that works is a big time-waster. I’m happy to hear that AppointmentPlus has solved this problem for your organization. It makes us happy that you couldn’t be happier!

Replied 5/4/2018
Paul D. Paul D.

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Great Scheduling Software on a Budget

Despite the slightly tricky questions this is a great scheduling software that we have had great luck using for years now. I would highly suggest this over some other options out there as once you are set up it really is extremely user friendly.

Pros

There is great customer support and help setting up your Scheduler and users. If you have multiple offices there is also the ability to handle that as well. I find the appointment reminder email to our patients to be perfect. You can allow them to confirm or reschedule and if you choose to add this to your website they can schedule an appointment themselves right online.

Cons

Some of the setup questions seem straight forward but can be a bit tricky and confusing as to the correct way to answer to assist the setup. If you schedule an appointment at the end of your day you have to adjust the length of time of the appointment to fit otherwise it will not allow you to schedule the appointment. Therefore, if you schedule until 4:00 then as some time on the schedule so that you can schedule that slot.

Top AppointmentPlus Alternatives

Raylene S. Raylene S.

Reviewed on 13/9/2016

Three Year AppointmentPlus User

There was a learning curve for me using the program. I am not a "tech" person. However, I have come to depend on the program. It has saved me hours of working doing tutor scheduling by hand. It has also cut out about 90% of "no shows" and missed appointments.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and an e-mail goes directly to the tutor, the student, and the administrator.

Cons

We hire a lot of tutors each semester and it takes a lot of time to set up schedules and locations. I wish it could give me a notice when tutors have reached a maximum number of hours they can work. For example: our Federal Work Study tutors can only work 8-10 hrs. a week. I have to watch this carefully.

Sarah B. Sarah B.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

AppointmentPlus

Overall, my experience using it has been very good. It's reliable and easy to use, and neither employees nor clients typically have issues with it.

Pros

The company that I work for has used AppointmentPlus for years to allow clients to schedule appointments. Our clients typically don't have any issues with the program, and it's very easy to use on our end. The program rarely crashes, and lets us schedule, cancel, and modify appointments easily.

Cons

I wish that they made a mobile version! Also, the interface- although easy to use- is somewhat boring looking (especially on the administrative end). Also, it would be nice if they added a few more features (ex: an option to prevent people from canceling an appointment a for a certain amount of time before the appointment starts).

Thomas S. Thomas S.

Reviewed on 29/6/2016

Appointment Plus Delivers!

The website is very powerful, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but that's a small price for the complete functionality of this powerful tool. We've used it for many different applications, and it never fails to impress and deliver. The best part is the customer service. Always warmly professional.

Pros

The MANY different functions it has. Every scenario seems to have been thought of.

Cons

The only thing that would be nice is if it weren't so complicated and had so many questions to toggle. However, that's what makes it so powerful, so I can't be too concerned. Plus, if I run into a situation I can't figure out, I just email and receive a response or call back with the answer I need.

Steven M. Steven M.

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

I think the software is very intuitive to use.

Pros

I really like how intuitive and easy the software is to use. I also found the customer support extremely helpful.

Cons

I honestly do not have a whole lot of pad things to say about the software except that may be too robust for a small group of users.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Steven, thank you for your review of AppointmentPlus. I appreciate your kind words on how the software is intuitive and easy to use. You also talked about our customer support being extremely helpful. It can oftentimes be a cliche for companies to advertise that they provide outstanding customer support, but time and again we get positive feedback from our clients on our service. In today's impersonal world, clients tell us that it's refreshing to get to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable person when they have a question. Thanks for pointing that out, and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is very much appreciated.

Replied 24/4/2018
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

We use appointments plus for scheduling lessons in our golf performance facility.

This software helps us to track and make appointments within our lesson facility. It is very user friendly.

Pros

It has been very easy to use. We have it across multiple formats so that different individuals within our company can access the appointments.

Cons

Perhaps a better mobile experience. It would be nice if we could use it a little more often on the go.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thanks for the review of how well AppointmentPlus works for lessons in your golf performance facility. You noted that you'd like to see an improved mobile experience. If you can provide us specific information, we'd be happy to consider it. Note also that we are always actively improving our mobile apps, so the feature you need may already be live. Thanks again for the review!

Replied 22/3/2018
Laura S. Laura S.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 22/3/2018

This software allows us to create and manage our appointments.

Pros

The features in the system are really vast. It comes down to having something reliable and easy to use!

Cons

While there were issues with the system about a year ago, they have since resolved the issues and the software has been working beautifully!

Response from AppointmentPlus

Laura, thank you for the review! Yes, some of the main differentiators for AppointmentPlus are our strong feature set, ease-of-use, and reliability. And, with CorePoint operating in the banking industry, we also know that security and privacy are critically important. We take both very seriously as we have thousands of clients who are subject to regulations. Thank you again for the stellar review!

Replied 27/3/2018
Malorie G. Malorie G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

We liked it but..

It was okay. The customer service was great. They are genuinely nice, and they will answer all your questions and get straight to the facts. This software ended up not being for us. Very glad we got to the point before it was too late in the game. Again, they were good about leading us in the right direction as well before we got in too deep. Great people, boring software.

Pros

This is a great software for spa's to work with because of its extra features and functionality. I liked the space it gives to add as many employees as needed and the way it was set up. I love the colors you can add to any service, and to the no-shows, or check-ins etc. You can choose any color you want, and they have an abundance of colors to choose from. I know that sounds crazy but trust me, that is a seriously awesome feature to have.

Cons

Honestly I did not like how basic it looked and I did not like how difficult it was to run. It was very overwhelming even during the demo. I am a colorful person, but in saying that, I do not want a rainbow software. I just like something other that white and unfortunately that is what this software is, just plain white with colors for the appointment services and color codes or services. I did not like that you could not see notes on the front of the appointment. That's not helpful for a quick view for the Aesthetician or for the FNP/Doctor. It is very busy around here so its typically a quick glance, see the note if there is one, see the patient, grab the chart, move on. This is not my favorite software. In one word, boring software. If you like boring, its for you. I am not a boring person, this is not for me.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for the review, Malorie. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I hope you found a system that perfectly meets your needs. Thanks for giving us a try!

Replied 30/7/2019
William W. William W.

Reviewed on 19/7/2016

Appointment Plus

Gary is always very helpful when I call with an issue. Always willing to help resolve, even if the call is unscheduled.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Adding some appointment slots can be very time consuming if the windows are for one hour only, which is the case for our account.

Kathy M. Kathy M.

Reviewed on 21/6/2016

Great program!

We have 3-4 employees making appointments all day long and this program is great for multiple users!

Mellissa D. Mellissa D.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Cargill Salt

It is a great system. easy to use

Pros

It is user friendly. I like the different colors so you can just look at it and see what you have left for the day.

Cons

It runs kind of slow. It would be nice to be able to change the font size and the layout.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Mellissa, we appreciate the review. In the cons, you noted some system slowness and font sizes. I'm going to have someone reach out to you to help.

Yes, the status colors help to quickly identify which appointments are in which status (scheduled, confirmed, late, no show, complete, etc.). We get a lot of positive feedback on this feature.

Thanks again for the review!

Replied 30/4/2020
Naoki H. Naoki H.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 10/3/2021

Poor customer service, unreliable scheduling

Pros

Product worked well for the first few months

Cons

Appointment scheduler has not worked properly for the last 4 weeks, customer service has been unresponsive.

Trisha S. Trisha S.

Reviewed on 28/8/2018

So far so good

I'm just in the initial steps of using it but so far it is working great for me.

Pros

The support team is great. Answered all my questions in a timely manner. This software is very versatile. I have somewhat unique scheduling needs and Appointment Plus has been able to accommodate them.

Cons

It did freeze on me yesterday while I was working on my set up. I had to shut it down and restart it.

Hanan D. Hanan D.

Reviewed on 9/8/2016

Arab Academy Review

A great software, reliable and very easy to use. We Highly recommend it to any one looking for a scheduling software.

Tania R. Tania R.

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

I used the free trial and I found it to be very impressive.

Pros

I was able to enter in all the medical
Appointments and it also took the information of the person that I can use for the future.

Cons

I could only add appointments but not activities or ped days or meetings. I had to make the other members on my team also have an account to add their name of who was doing what.

Paul B. Paul B.

Reviewed on 12/9/2015

Definitely worth the cost for our company

This product presented no challenges to our sales staff to learn to use and our field techs picked it up although for most of them technology their strongest area of expertise. The smartphone app works well and that's important for us, although the iPhone version is much better than the Android which does not show the client address or display the order notes completely.
We went from using Google Docs spreadsheets so this was a huge improvement but we don't have any experience with other scheduling software at this time, but I would say for basic scheduling with mobile access this should be on your list of products to consider.

Jameli J. Jameli J.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

AppointmentPlus revolutionizes the way people manage online bookings.

Pros

It is straightforward and efficient when it comes to consolidating and accepting appointments online.

Cons

I think the main downside is the pricing as it is a bit higher than its competitors. There are problems with calendar sync as well.

Quinton C. Quinton C.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Mediocre

Scheduling clients quickly is the business problem being solved. It is quick to put in a client and schedule them leaving us more time to speak to more clients.

Pros

Ability to see the rooms and who is scheduled in the rooms we have at what time in a very clear set up

Cons

Difficult to change things in the system. Will give random error messages with no real explanation as to why they are happening. IT support very slow to respond when issues arise especially after updates to system.

Response from Bob

Quinton, thank you for the review. We do appreciate you pointing out some positives on the system, but we also want to acknowledge the areas in which you have concerns. Regarding the error messages, we have addressed that issue and it is now resolved. I apologize for that. With regard to slow IT support response after system updates, we did have a recent post-release issue that took a little longer than normal to identify and resolve. But, it’s working correctly now. Thank you again for the review.

Replied 26/3/2018
Stephanie S. Stephanie S.

Reviewed on 7/9/2016

User Friendly application

we have been using ApptPlus for several years now and not only are we happy with it from an administration side but our clients are very happy we have this tool for them. The report feature saves me hours.

Cons

when upgrades or new versions are rolled out, there is always a feature that i previously used that is no longer available. very frustrating. i have to work with tech support on getting it added back to the application and sometimes its not easy and takes an excessive amount of time.

Trinidad T. Trinidad T.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Love this

Pros

I love how it is so easy to use. I think this application is my favorite one and its a daily use of mine.

Lauren R. Lauren R.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

not that great

Pros

The only pros about this is the fact that they can only see their own clients and no information is shared to a third party.

Cons

This is not user friendly at all and its extremely hard to use when it should be very easy. I would not recommend this.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Lauren, thank you for the review. It sounds like your experience with the system has been subpar. I apologize for that.

With regard to user-friendliness, whenever you use a new software system, there is always a period in which you are learning how to use it. For AppointmentPlus, once users are trained and have used it for a period of time, most report that it's easy to use and very intuitive.

And one of the things that sets us apart is our training team. We provide live account setup and training for individuals and teams. Our trainers are experts and can answer most any question posed to them.

Again, I apologize that you didn't have a good experience with us, but I do appreciate you giving AppointmentPlus a try.

Replied 16/3/2018
Anthony D. Anthony D.

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES

very dissatisfied, I'm in a tough spot as we cannot just cancel our service & move on. I now have to look for another company and transition away from this platform as they impact to our business is too much to continue this relationship.

Pros

I liked everything they told me the software would do, the customization, the sync with outlook. the email notifications

Cons

during the sales call it appeared they would provide much of the functionality we needed for scheduled our internal appointments. However, piece by piece they started to chip away at the functionality that the software could provide. Outlook integrations didn't work, Customization was limited due to how the account was setup just to name a few. They apologized...
Fine, we found a work around of all those misses.
Now we find that often they are outages, software problems & they customer service is less than helpful. 99% of the time, they advise they need to submit a ticket. Only one rep has every attempted any trouble shooting when i have called. Many of my ticket go unanswered for day or weeks.
I have an open ticket with them for over 6 weeks now. I have 11 locations & 2 of my locations cannot have appointments scheduled.
I've called serval time & just get the run around for 6 weeks... Today i called because the tool is malfunctioning again. and without doing any research i get an almost immediate, "oh, this is a known issue..." ok when will it be fixed I ask. "we do not know, we're working on it."

I have submitted 18 trouble tickets in 6 months. 3 a month. More than half of those tickets I was told these are issues that maybe fixed with future updates.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Hi Anthony. It would be an understatement to say that it was painful to read your review. You sound very frustrated. We failed you and I apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it.

Replied 30/7/2019
Stephanie W. Stephanie W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

Customized Software For a Wide Variety of Clients

Our overall experience in working with Appointment Plus has been very positive. We are lucky enough to have direct contact with several of their support members and leadership team, and almost always, they are willing to go above and beyond to assist us.

Pros

We are a telecommunication company that offers Virtual Receptionist services to many clients and several different industry platforms.

Appointment Plus allows us to provide customized software for any clients we may be working with. Whether we are working with a Massage Therapist, Attorney, or Pet Groomer, the software can be customized to fit our client's needs.

Cons

Relay Methods: it would be ideal if there was an option for texting. As of now, the only real options are by email or phones. With how communication styles have changed over the years, most clients prefer for us to send a text message instead of placing a phone call or sending an email.

Client View: the client view seems a little outdated and a lot of clients prefer the look of their website instead. Either update the client view or allow the client view to be fully integrated within their website.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Stephanie, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it. We also appreciate My Receptionist being a long-time answering service partner. Thank you also for pointing out our "above and beyond" service. Our clients and partners deserve great service from us. Thanks again!

Replied 4/5/2020