About iAuditor

iAuditor by SafetyCulture is an inspection checklist application that allows users to build checklists, file reports and conduct inspections through a tablet or mobile phone. The solution is designed for a wide range of industries...

Browse iAuditor Reviews

John G. John G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

An Audit/Inspection Tool With Brains

The iAuditor customer service is exceptional. They were very responsive to my questions, when I was a newbie. That alone, was pretty impressive. But where they really came through was when they recently updated their template editor.

As mentioned above, I have become an iAuditor power user and I was told at the time of that editor update that my motorhome template was one of the largest templates in their system. When they updated the editor, they have not allowed enough storage space in the editor for such a large template. I should mention that I could still open and edit a new inspection, on either the Mac or iPhone. I just couldn't open the template, to make changes. I told them which template it was and within a very short time they got back to me and told me that it was in the memory allocation and they were working to resolve it. Within less than 24 hours from the time the issue was reported, they had resolved the problem - this in the middle of a major roll-out of a new tool. Wow! That's when I was really impressed. This is customer service that compares favorably with AppleCare.

The product just works. But when it doesn't, like during that editor roll-out, they get it working in short order.

Best of all, iAuditor works flawlessly on iPhone. I have tried other tools that were less than reliable on iPhone. In particular, HomeGauge crashes, on average, three times during every inspection and always with a loss of the most recent data (1 to 15 minutes).

Pros

LOGIC: Most audit/inspection software functions simply as a (dumb) check list. By that, I mean that there is no associated logic. iAuditor give you "IF" statements. I inspect motorhomes and there are dozens of options in such vehicles. With other software, I am asked questions about every option, even when that option does not exist. With iAuditor, my template asks if the coach has propane. If the answer is "no", then about 40 questions are not asked. This capability speeds up my inspections tremendously.

The template editor is easy to use. But it does take a little experimenting and getting used to. After that, tailoring a template to your specific needs is easy. To give you an idea of what I mean, my motorhome inspection template is about 7,000 items long (OK, I'm an iAuditor power user. But the point is that's possible.). A large part of that 7,000 items is logic. But the bulk of it is my own statements about each potential issue that might be encountered. There are only around 300 to 330 inspections items on a motorhome, but more than 2,000 possible issues to be found within those 300+ inspection items. So my iAuditor template includes every statement that has ever appeared in any of my inspections, going back years. Which specific statements show up is determined by which buttons or boxes are clicked. 98% of my report is done, when I leave and lock the door. That's a major time saver and it all comes down to one word - "LOGIC".

It also works flawlessly on iPhone!

Cons

There are only two things that I wish iAuditor had:
1) An "AND" statement. They have what amounts to an "OR" statement. But they are missing an "AND" statement and I would personally find that to be very useful. Their options are "IS", "IS NOT", "IS SELECTED", "IS NOT SELECTED", "IS ONE OF", and "IS NOT ONE OF". They could use two more options, which would be, "IS ALL OF", and "IS NOT ALL OF".

2) "PERSISTENT VARIABLES". Currently, variables only apply to the most recent question. For example, if the coach is all electric, it means that many questions my inspection template don't have to be asked. It would be really nice to be able to have at least a few persistent variables, that would be available throughout the template. That way, if I were to determine, early in the inspection, that the coach is all electric, the template could include various "IF" statements in various places later in the template, that would bypass all questions about a propane stove, propane oven, propane furnace, and propane refrigerator. In fact, the lack of persistent variables is one of the primary reasons why my motorhome template is more than 7,000 items long. With persistent variables, that number should be able to easily be cut in half or better.

But these are wishes for something that no other audit/inspection software has, either. In other words, they would make the best, even better.

Colin T. Colin T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy 2 Use

Has helped with consistency across a number of auditors nationwide.

Pros

Auto saving, easy editing & recall of previous inspections.

Cons

Sometimes have difficulty syncing inspections.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Colin. Thanks for the review. Great to see iAuditor has an effect on your quality nationwide. If you ever have any syncing issues, please reach out to our Customer Support team via the LiveChat icon on the bottom right.

Paul S. Paul S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Quality Product

It allows us to carry out Audits while we are moving around site and is a superb tool to work with, totally flexible and adaptable to our business

Pros

Allowing you to assign actions to another user, including details and time scales.
Email notifications

Cons

Actually there wasn`t anything that I disliked, I think it is one of the best work tool software programs that I have ever used.

EHS Management Software

Reasons for Switching to iAuditor

It offered the most flexible options for our business

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Paul. Thanks for the review and feedback. Really happy to see you are using and assigning Actions.

Top iAuditor Alternatives

Erik P. Erik P.

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

Highly recommend this software

Since I started using iAuditor, I have never looked back. The customer service is astonishing, the software is outstanding and the app itself is easy to use for anyone from Senior Management through to the ground staff.

Pros

The iAuditor Software is by far the most comprehensive all-in-one compliance system I have used thus far.
The ease of use, thousands of templates and real time uploading is outstanding.

Cons

The only minor downside is that it takes a fair bit of effort to download your created templates to a PDF version.

simPRO

Reasons for Switching to iAuditor

iAuditor provides all the services we initially required from the above systems, and combine it into an all-in-one, easy to use system.
Andrew G. Andrew G.
  • Industry: Government Administration

UK Local Auhority

Brilliant

Pros

The cost is a big seller for me as it is inexpensive and you pay only for what you use. As a Local authority my budget is really tight and that instantly rulled out much of the competition.
The adaptability of reports is also very important. Each audit can be specifically tailoerd to need and we don't have to accept off the shelf nearly good enough.

Cons

Very little.

Some of my reports used to be able to be produced in two column's . this meant that the report was on fewer pages. A pity this option was removed.
It also used to be able to incorporate a weather feed directly in an audit which I found very useful.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Andrew - Thanks for the review. Good to hear you are customizing the inspections to your needs.

Gary M. Gary M.

An ISO 9001 Auditors Opinion

I enjoy using iAuditor. It helps me remember exactly what I need to review in different processes across different areas of the business and enables me to quantify

Pros

I like how easy it is to put together audit reports. The varied options in the response features really helps set out when an auditor should expect a consistent answer or when they should write freely.

Cons

You can't negatively reduce the overall score of an audit.
Scenario: we have one question asking if a particular form is completed for each worker involved. There might be five workers. If all five are missing the form, we would like to deduct 5 points from the audit total.
Currently points can only be deducted until that section reaches a score of zero. It is important that we show our auditees the negative impact their failure to complete this particular form for each worker so we currently deduct those five points from another section to reflect this, rather than iAuditor allowing us to score this section as -5.
The "weighting" option doesn't work in situations where there is potential for more than a set amount of forms required. If you need one form per person but have ten people on one job and five on another, then if ten forms missing on that job it is a greater failing than if three out of five from the other job are missing. The weighted option wouldn't be able to accurately represent this.

A second Con is that the results of audits cannot be easily exported in a summary report. While, yes each individual report can be exported, I cannot export a report summarising and comparing the answers given across five different reports to the same question. This may be because versions of templates can be overwritten, but perhaps once a template has been used it should be duplicated, not overwritten, in order to produce summary reports accurately.

Response from SafetyCulture

Thanks for the review and feedback Gary. Sounds like you have a very specific need in regards to scoring. We'll pass this feedback on for you. Thanks again.

Glen L. Glen L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

GL Review

We use the App to conduct a host of safety and compliance audits across a large and diverse national portfolio. It's easy to photograph issues and highlight areas for improvement and the reports are all stored for future reference. The dashboard is also useful and allows us to track our audit programme

Pros

Easy to use for auditors. Great range of templates on public library that can be used as a starting point for creating our own audits. Easy to set up scoring matrix and weighting for key issues. Great support

Cons

Can't think of any negatives to highlight

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Glen. Thanks for the review. Love the concept of a 5 min trial and that we passed the test!

Braden W. Braden W.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

Good for More Than Auditing

Overall, iAuditor serves its purpose and is a great simple solution for straightforward auditing of process, equipment, etc. In terms of customization the ability to venture outside the "standard parameters" this is not the software to choose.

Pros

The biggest advantage is the simplicity. Both from a user standpoint as well as an administrator standpoint this software is incredibly simple. The form design tool is equitable to that of Google Forms, a very straightforward step-by-step builder that spells out what you are creating as you do so. On the user-end being assigned an audit to conduct is simple. You receive a notification and then open the audit form, execute the designated functions and then click submit. There's very little to no way to "mess up" executing the audit.

Cons

The simplicity comes with a cost, there is little room for exceptions or custom questions. This can cause constraint on potential application depending on your operation. Additionally, there is no way to batch export data collected from the software. For example, we wanted to be able to batch export to excel in order to manipulate the data and present it via a customized dashboard. There is no integration with excel, so the raw and/or collated data can only be exported via the preset formatting.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Braden. Thanks for the review and feedback. Glad you find iAuditor simple to use. Hoping this will be helpful, as we do have an integration with Excel via Power Automate. You can read more about it here: https://help.safetyculture.com/en_us/1064010930-r1N7dPFEv

Replied 20/7/2021
Matt C. Matt C.

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Excellent in capturing high quality evidence and delivered into a report

Excellent product, I will use it in all my practical assessments to capture evidence

Pros

Qaulity evidence, ease of use, improves assessment and classroom delivery.
Reduction of paper work, helps to make sure all assessment is completed correctly.

Cons

When using photos as part of evidence occasionally the photos don’t save, you will need double check to make sure there saved in the report.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Matt. Thanks for the feedback. Great to see you using it for quality purposes and recording evidence.

Replied 12/3/2021
Audrey H. Audrey H.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

I absolutely adore the attention to detail in this software

Absolutely worth the time and money!

Pros

Precise detail! iauditor hits the nail on the head, this program was built by people that know the workflow. Every detail from the input of pictures to gps location input shows how much thought has went into this software!

Cons

I have not cons for iauditor they provided me with everything I need throughout the day to keep me organized and on task.

Kristi R. Kristi R.

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

Fast for the field

Been using this for 3 years now for field inspections. Love being able to photograph and notate what doesn't pass. Creating the reports is simple once the template is set up.

Pros

Can access via the app or internet browser. Good for both MAC and PC.

Cons

Takes a bit to get the report formatting right - BUT the customer service folks are great at helping.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Kristi. Thanks for the review and it's great to hear you are able to use this as a Mobile App. Also glad to hear Support have been able to help you with your reporting format!

Replied 19/3/2021
Charles P. Charles P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

IAuditor

Pros

The iAuditor application is highly reliable, easy to use and deploy. It is flexible and can be expanded as a program grows or changes. The features abs approach are common sense and user driven.

Cons

Not applicable for us. The app works very well.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Charles - Thanks for the review. Happy to hear you are finding it reliable and easy to use.

Replied 17/3/2021
Ernest F. Ernest F.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

iAuditor use

Saves a lot of paper work, paper storage. Makes consistent checks and balances of operations.
Having e storage available for compliance audits / inspectors is faster and convieant.

Pros

IAuditor works great for compliance and reminding you of necessary items to check before progressing into an unknown task / travel / assignment.

Cons

What needs to be improved is when your looking for the correct area to use if you open one you cannot go back wards. Editing could be improved. Should be able to add photo's taken on separate device.

Response from SafetyCulture

Thanks for the review Ernest. Good to hear you are using iAuditor for compliance purposes. If you ever need help with adding photos from another device, please feel free to reach out to Customer Support on the bottom right icon while you are using the App.

Replied 19/3/2021
David K. David K.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/9/2019

iAuditor - 7 years on..

First used the system working for a company that had iAuditor tailored for its needs. I was pretty impressed with the flexibility and ease of reporting that this allowed. Moving on, I built my own templates to accommodate different sites and situations. It works well for teams as information, photos etc. are easily shared via email and tasks can be allocated and monitored. It is a tool that makes our life a lot easier(in the FM and WHS world) and I would strongly recommend it to anyone going down this path.

Pros

Simple and convenient to use. I can cover a lot of ground in a short time, recording everything I require and uploading reports via email. Being able to tailor templates to suit the individual sites/ buildings that I manage.

Cons

No real drawbacks that I can see, system has worked very well for many years.

David S. David S.

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

I-Auditor fit for purpose and easy to use

As stated above, easy to use and easy to follow the flow of the templates.

Pros

I use the product for several key tasks within my role, fro fire safety, tenant sign up, tenancy visits and estate inspections, easy to use, flow is easy to follow and photos sync into the documents straight away. Excellent application.

Cons

Have not found anything that hinders the use of the application

Response from SafetyCulture

Thanks for the review and feedback David. Good to hear you are finding it easy to use.

Replied 17/3/2021
Stewart P. Stewart P.

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

I Auditor Review

Pros

inThe product is easy to install on mobile devices and access through desk top computer.

Cons

When exporting care needs to be taken when choosing format

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Stewart. Thanks for the review and glad to hear you are using iAuditor on mobile devices.

Ben H. Ben H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

iAudtor in Action

The instant access and reporting across the business, the ability to re-take and enact the surveying is a great asset to the compliance of our business.

Pros

iAuditor is straight forward and easy to use, which I crucial for a diverse management team to be able to implement quickly.

Cons

No issues with the integration, take-up or usage of this product.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Ben. Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you find it straight forward to use.

Ananth N. Ananth N.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/6/2019

Inspection made easy

The biggest business problem I solved using iauditor was to eradicate human error. It became very easy for me to pin point the issue areas by clicking pictures and adding notes.

Pros

The ease to customize your pre existing inspection format.

Cons

The only cons I observed is that when we have many sections it would be great if the finished section collapse after all the check points are inspected.

Xanthe J. Xanthe J.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 6/6/2021

Good for Online Forms

Pros

Very easy to use. The platform for form building and for completing forms is visually pleasing and intuitive.

Cons

Some features could do with some work, especially on the back end/data collection and reportability front.

Response from SafetyCulture

Thanks for the review Xanthe. Love hearing you find it visually pleasing and intuitive.

Replied 20/7/2021
David B. David B.

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Very nice form app maker

I am using it to make a custodial inspection app. My work will not get me an app so I am having to either get or make my own. I am NOT a software developer, but this software was easy enough to use that I was able to make a professional looking end product out of it.

Pros

It makes a very neat, clean, professional app. Very short learning curve, produces really nice results. I was using it for a custodial inspection app and it would let me take pictures, grade, and add notes on whatever the thing was that I was looking at. The report that it makes is really neat and professional looking as well!

Cons

In the free version, you are restricted to a certain amount use per month. Since I had to take a lot of pictures, I used up my allotment quickly. I do think though that with a larger plan that would enable me to have more data, that it would be a rock star program!

Justin R. Justin R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

User Reveiw

Experience with the product is good

Pros

The product is easy to use on filling out safety audits.

Cons

Not much for Cons on the product itself. My company just keeps adding more line items to the audits is all.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Justin. Thanks for the review and glad you find it easy to use in regards to your safety audits.

Phillip P. Phillip P.

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Cost effective, easy to use, customizable, mobile platform.

Pros

The ability to use the product on a mobile platform. The ability to customize the application to fit our audit needs.

Cons

Would like to see more analytic options in the future.

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Phillip. Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you are using this on mobile platforms.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Fantastic

Not an expert, just a new comer discovering the tool. After a few days, I can’t remember how I was doing before......

Pros

Just blown away. This app is ideal for our activity. Easy to use and a team always ready to help in case you want to discover more.

Cons

Nothing to complain for now. Maybe we could have all the website possibilities directly in the app....

Harry L. Harry L.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/3/2021

easy to use

using to gather information

Pros

We follow customers machines with information on our products

Cons

integration with other software solid work

Response from SafetyCulture

Hi Harry

Thanks for the review. Glad you find iAuditor easy to use.

Replied 30/3/2021
David D. David D.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 8/3/2021

Education FM review

Positive relatively easy to use

Pros

Public templates availability for guidance

Cons

Sharing of PDF files for review before use

Response from SafetyCulture

Thanks for the review David. Glad to see you are making use of the Public Library. If you need any help in regards to sharing PDF files, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.