About Harbortouch POS

Harbortouch is a restaurant POS system designed to help small and midsize businesses manage inventory, promotions and employees on a centralized dashboard. The platform enables administrators to gain insights into sales reports...

1.4
1.7
1.6

Browse Harbortouch POS Reviews

Heather

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

Better Servers

Prior to inventory I know what was sold and have a clear idea of exactly what I should have. Expressing this in team meeting has slowly brought the matching closer and closer..meaning less alcohol theft by staff.

Pros

Ordering tableside is great, no more going back and forth bother guests because a server has a MOD question. No one looks incompetent and as a business we look on point and there is no concern from guests out food quality is also a question.

Cons

It made me as a manager look bad!! The staff I wondered about anf seemed to have the most problems with were great on paper. Following sales and percentages I saw that a server I thought was ditzy and annoying but needed...had consistently the highest alcohol and wine sales across the board. I could see who was selling what, when and how they affected bottom line. Then I could coach servers on selling points, it's also a way to teach more about our products. I guess that's the least thing.!!

Danielle

Reviewed on 2/1/2020

False Promises & Eggregious Functionality Issues

You cannot imagine the sad experience we have had with Harbor Touch. When we had to reboot the POS multiple times, every day, for 2 months straight, during busniess hours, we obviously had some very upset customers who had to wait up 20 minutes while the system came back up and then, many times, STILL did not work. Some guests were able to pay with cash or agreed to leave their CC info with our promise that we would destroy the information later once the system was up an running again, but if you run a business with CC, you can imagine what a mess this was. HT was terrible in rectifying the issue for us and allowed us to struggle, literally DAILY!, for months before they finally sent out a new everything and fixed the issue. We COMPed so many checks due to guest frustration that could not be recified and lost innumerable customers (which will have a lasting impact on our business). For the financial burden that HT caused during this time, they appeased us with the promise of a $275 credit and another $100 credit which WE HAVE STILL NOT RECIEVED. It's very sad to say that they say whatever they need to keep you "quiet" and don't follow through with their promised. Simply put, Harbor Touch proves time and time again that they do not care about YOUR business. And of course, they continue to take their fees and CC processing charges out on regular schedule, all the while promising the world, and delivering on nothing. So, so sad. Stay FAR away.

Pros

User friendly POS face for employees to use during business hours is easy to read (large font) & simple to learn.

Cons

If you want to see accurate payroll daily, if you think you will use this system to keep accurate track of your employee's hours or have them clock-in using this system, if you want the credit card processing to work properly every time you run one, or if you want customer support that fultills it's promises, then sadly, Harbor Touch is not for you.

Response from Harbortouch

Danielle,

We would first like to express our sincerest apologies for the complications and frustrations you have experienced with Harbortouch and your Point of Sale system. Since our beginning, we have made it our mission to serve our customers to the best of our ability and provide them with exceptional products, services and support to help them run a successful business. It is disappointing to hear that you have experienced the opposite, and we are going to evaluate the rough patches and work to resolve them and improve them moving forward. We would also like the opportunity to speak with you to work through any outstanding issues and make this right for you. Your account has been located in our database and someone from upper management will be in contact with you shortly to discuss. In the interim, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Replied 3/1/2020
matt

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

STAY AWAY

I have made a few big mistakes in running my business over the years.
Among the top 2 are getting involved with harbortouch.
I was told by the salesman that there was a three year commitment.
During that three years I experienced a multitude of issues, and paid over 5% total for my "free" system.
the first red flag was that I went into it with some concerns, but was told there was a 30 day period that I could return the system.
A couple weeks in, when I called with some concern over the operations, I was told that the 30 day period was up, because it started the day the order was placed, and NOT the day it arrived two weeks later. That was the first indication that they were operating in bad faith.
for the next few months every time they did a system update, it took place at noon. that was a busy tie for me, and the system shut down completely for 30 minutes or longer. Customers who couldn't pay just left.
I called every time this happened of course, and got zero response. No consideration for the fact that they were costing me revenues.
There are many flaws in the system. The pool on employees contained all the staff that was ever employed, with no way to clear out all but the current employees, making it difficult or impossible to use. They could not calculate the hours for the staff.
the daily reports had the credit line and the cash income line in random order day to day. Gift cards were treated as income when sold, and were treated as income when redeemed, so there w

Pros

Nothing.
The screen has no ability to modify the placement or order of buttons.
constant updates occurred during open hours, locking the system up for 30 minutes.
the reports put different categories of revenue in a different order each day, randomly.

Cons

there was very little in the way of reports to track sales.
couldn't track daily sales to compare from year to year, or track which hours had high or low sales.
labor was the worst.
once an employee was in the system, they were always in the way, with no way to change their status o inactive to get them off the screen.
Sales of gift cards were considered revenue, redeeming gift cards were considered revenue, so you paid income tax on the same income twice.
and the gift cards were expensive, of course.

Top Harbortouch POS Alternatives

Square Virtual Terminal

Heartland Payment Processing

Mandy

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Liars & Thieves

I’d rather step on legos barefooted for 10 miles than use this company again.

Pros

We’ve been with this company for 4 years. Only having signed a 3 year contract.
Due to covid, we had to move our store and severely downsize to be able to keep our doors open. This meant getting rid of the 2 POS systems we had with Harbourtouch and going with something cheaper.
When we called to let them know to cancel, we were told it’ll be taken care of. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the contract wasn’t canceled and they kept charging. They then tried to tell us, we automatically renew for a year if we don’t call at the 3 year mark. Which is a lie and shady business.
That was 4 months ago. Three of which, we received some sort of charge.
We have been told for well over a month that they’ll give us back the funds they stole. We’ve lawyered up and will see how it goes.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
They’ll lie and steal from you.

Cons

It crashes. Constantly. Be prepared to deal with loss of sakes and upset customers.

Response from Harbortouch

Mandy,

First and foremost, we would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have faced during COVID and with closing your Harbortouch account. We were able to locate your account in our system and it appears that the refunds you were inquiring about have been successfully processed. Please allow 3-5 days for the refund to be issued. If there is anything you need in the interim, please email [email protected] and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Replied 6/11/2020
Wendy

Reviewed on 3/7/2020

72 hours takes on a whole new meaning with them

They have a basic reporting system. Very inefficient for any type of inventory control. Their customer service was okay - they have been fortunate to hire good people but their terms and contracts are deceptive and not industry standard.

Pros

It was easy to install and the customer service reps I dealt with over the years were mostly all helpful and friendly

Cons

As we grew, this system no longer met our needs. As per the contract, I called on the day I was told to call to cancel the commitment. That was 7 days ago and I still have not received the neccessary paperwork. I was initially I would receive them in 72 hours. When I called to inquire where the documents were, they said it was 72 "BUSINESS HOURS". In other words, 9 DAYS!!. and they are continuing to charge me in the interim.
I am still waiting for my documents. They don't have fine print.. it is miniscule, so buyer BEWARE! I have terminated other merchant accounts before but by far they have been the least transparent and the most difficult to deal with

Square Virtual Terminal

Reasons for Switching to Harbortouch POS

I thought it would help with inventory
Matt
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

DON'T DO IT!!! Terrible...

I inherited this system when I bought the company. From the very beginning, it was bad...but I didn't want to mess with getting a new merchant account. But after spending a year with the system we just couldn't work with it anymore. So, after being completely dissatisfied...I called to cancel the agreement. They informed me that I'm in some contract and I have another year (it just renewed 3 days ago). Which is complete BS...I inherited this agreement. It costs them nothing to turn the system off...we didn't eve lease our equipment...it's ours. So, they are now forcing me to stay in some BS agreement? Ok...we'll see.

Pros

Nothing. We got the money that we processed through them...so, that's the only positive.

Cons

Their reporting is terrible. Very difficult to reconcile with transactions when doing bookkeeping. Their customer service is the worst. Long hold times. It's like they are stuck in the 1990s w/ their technology. It takes 2 business days for the funds to hit your account. My new merchant account deposits everything the next day.

Response from Harbortouch

Matt,

We would like to first extend our sincerest apologies for the troubles you've faced during your time as a Harbortouch customer. We work tirelessly to constantly improve our technology in order to provide our customers with the best equipment and service possible, so we are disheartened to learn about your negative experience with your POS system. After looking into your account, it appears that one of our support team members has already reached out and left a voicemail with information on next steps to cancel. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected], and we will work to resolve this issue.

Replied 6/11/2020
Joseph

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Beware

The first month we had the system, the company had an internal glitch and lost about 450 individual transactions worth about 16k. It took a while to figure out what was going on. After about three weeks they had to manually re-enter all of those transactions. Most people seeing the transactions on their account called wondering why they were being charged others just disputed the charges. Then they realized they hadn't entered the the hundreds of dollars in tips so added those separately. It was a nightmare and they took no responsibility. I needed to write a letter to a VP or someone and got a nominal compensation for the damage that was done to my brand. I recently changed to Toast and have had a hell of a time getting out of this company's clutches. They are incredibly difficult to deal with in the break up process. Just don't get involved with them to start with.

Pros

The software worked well. The people at tech support were wonderful.

Cons

The system itself was pretty easy to use.

Response from Harbortouch

Joseph,

We would like to first extend our sincerest apologies for the troubles you've experienced during your time as a Harbortouch customer, and we are sorry to see you go. If you would like, please feel free to email us at [email protected] so we can better understand how your merchant experience could have been improved and resolve any outstanding issues there may be.

Replied 24/2/2021
Christopher

Reviewed on 27/9/2021

Cancellation made hard

Their system for cancelling is awful. Look at the other reviews about this.

Pros

The service was adequate for the last 9 years. The only rather strange thing I found was that the monthly statements they send have information, name and contact phone number, from a different service on it. I had to remember not to call the number on the statement if I had any questions.

Cons

Harbortouch refuses to allow their services to be cancelled other than on an annual basis. They claim that information is out there somewhere, but it is not evident at all. If the date is missed, then Harbortouch will charge you monthly service fees for the full year, even if you aren't using their services. Apparently even 9 years of usage doesn't get you a break. If my business ever needs to use credit cards again, it will not be through Harbortouch. It's a shame, as up until the cancellation attempts, I wouldn't have had any reason not to go back to them.

Response from Shift4

Christopher,

We sincerely apologize for the troubles you have experienced with closing your account. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better understand your concerns and work with you to resolve them. If you'd like to discuss this further, please send your Merchant ID number as well as your contact information to [email protected] so we can review your account and try to resolve this issue.

Replied 3/11/2021
Dan

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

You lose more than you win

Awful

Pros

It is cheap,

Cons

The layout, theme, support, any sort of extra integration you may need (Website, online ordering platforms) forget about it, slow running, wastes a tremendous amount of paper.

Response from Harbortouch

Dan,

We are saddened to hear that you are more than dissatisfied with your Harbortouch POS system and apologize for your negative experience. We work hard to develop user-friendly products that deliver exponential value to our customers. We would like the opportunity to understand more of your concerns and work together to determine a solution that will work well for your business. At your convenience, please send an email to [email protected] with your Merchant ID number and best contact number. Once we have this information, someone from our management team will be able to review your account and contact you to discuss this further.

Replied 5/12/2019
Francisco

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

I'm disappointed

Be careful, this company is a scam, they give you promises that the help is efficient and fast, but you can be 30 minutes waiting for the support and you may not receive the call back from them, they tell you that it is a 30-day trial without risk and without payment, but it is not true, they charge you 27:59 for processing within the 30-day trial period and if you are not satisfied with the system or customer support and want to return it, they charge you a fee of 250 dollars for sending it back, if it is without risk, why do I have to pay for that? , They really did not comply with what they said at the beginning, when you sign the contract you are screwed, this happened to me

Pros

No like at all, It is complicate and technical support is bad

Cons

It is complicate and technical support is bad

Response from Shift4

Francisco,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrations you've experienced. We strive to provide the best quality service and full transparency to our customers, so we are disheartened to hear that we might have missed the mark here. We would like the opportunity to review your account and see how we can come to a resolution. At your earliest convenience, please send an email to [email protected] with your Merchant ID number and contact information so we can learn more about your situation.

Replied 25/5/2021
Asha
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 4/1/2022

Trash

I don't even know where to begin. When we started this POS service we dealt with someone name [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He promised that he would be with us and our account from the beginning until..well that's the first lie we got the system, had to wait for over a month. Back and forth calls, it's being shipped today NEVR came, ok on to the next issue was promised gift cards and credit never received months later still calling the see what's going on. System wasn't getting the usage as we thought it would when signing up the first question asked was would theor be a contract because we weren't looking to be locked into anything he assured us there was no contract and that we could cancel at anytime. Thereafter we tried endlessly to cancel suddenly [SENSITIVE CONTENT] became unavailable, wouldn't return calls, never available when we called so from that point the nightmare really starts. Was told from customer care several times we can't cancel, they're taking funds from our acct and we DONT even use the POS twice a month we're being hit, this is a complete scam. Asked for a supervisor or someone higher reps tell us there is no one higher up which is a bunch of bs working in leadership I knw Hands down there is ALWAYS someone higher up to address issues. Whether by email or call..Reps are very rude. Issue still not resolved but will look into taking legal actions this is HORRIBLE customer service and I wouldn't refer this Piece of Shit aka POS company to a soul..I'm so very disappointed with this company

Pros

Nothing at all!

Cons

Everything

Response from Shift4

Asha,

We first and foremost sincerely apologize for the frustrations you've been experiencing during your time with Harbortouch. We strive to provide the best quality service to our customers, so we are disheartened to hear that we missed the mark here. We would like the opportunity to review your account and learn more about your concerns to see how we can come to a resolution. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number as well as your contact information to [email protected]

Replied 14/1/2022
catherine
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 2/9/2020

Do not use this company

Pros

I have use Harbor touch for over 20 years. I have had good service. Due to covid-19 I have had to closed my business. I have tried to close my account with Harbortouch since April. I have been given nothing but the run around and I have been charge 75.00 per month since April for zero transactions on my account. This is not acceptable.
Catherine

Cons

Do not due business with this company. They have very dishonest business practices.

Response from Harbortouch

Hello Catherine, we first want to sincerely apologize for the troubles you have experienced with closing your account. Our records indicate that someone from our team is working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please email [email protected] if you need any further assistance, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

Replied 15/9/2020
Angela

Reviewed on 21/9/2021

BEWARE not WORTH the time & aggravation (save your money)

In one word USELESS. System freezes for no reason that even their tech support didn’t know as to why! Wait time is over 30 minutes and it’s impossible to get a hold of someone when it’s critical. Same your time and aggravation as there is way better out there. Do your research (I didn’t chose this system, my partner did) don’t even think of using HARBORTOUCH. More like a nightmare.
Simply can’t use this POS and run a restaurant smoothly.
Run away, don’t look back!

Pros

Nothing, again, if the system worked as it should I would have an answer. But because it always froze it’s impossible to say anything. Tech support wait is over half hour and the issue never gets resolved.
Software is NO good.

Cons

Nothing because the system never worked!

Response from Shift4

Angela,

We sincerely apologize for the troubles you've been experiencing with Harbortouch. We'd like the opportunity to speak to you personally to learn more about your concerns. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number and your contact information to [email protected], and one of our team members will review your account and reach out as soon as possible.

Replied 29/9/2021
Brendan

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

Bad system, worse service

Poor - DO NOT BUY

Pros

It was inexpensive initially, easy set up

Cons

Too many things to list- random outages, lost tickets, loooong support wait times, shady business practices, recurring nonsense fees

Response from Shift4

Brendan,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the troubles you've been experiencing. It's our top priority to provide our customers with an exceptional experience, so we are disheartened to hear that this has not been the case for you. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number and best contact information to [email protected] so we can learn more about your concerns and how we can help resolve these issues.

Replied 11/4/2022
Joshua
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

Avoid Harbortouch at all cost

I have never taken the time to go out of my way to write a negative review about any company I have ever worked with. My experience with Harbortouch has led me to search out every site that does reviews. It appears that they have disabled Google reviews of their product, and I assume it would be because it would be very bad.

Pros

I purchased because of the ability to get the hardware without an upfront investment. TERRIBLE MISTAKE ON MY PART.

Cons

Customer support, product support, development. It is clear that the business model for this company is to provide a product that looks good enough to get people to sign a three-year contract. I can't imagine that they have much retention after that initial contract

Response from Harbortouch

Joshua,

We are disheartened to hear of your negative experience with Harbortouch and would like to sincerely apologize. We at Harbortouch strive to provide our valued customers with the best products and exceptional customer service. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. At your convenience, please email your Merchant ID Number and best contact number to [email protected] Someone from upper management will then be in touch with you to discuss and resolve these issues.

Replied 6/6/2019
Carlos

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

Like a car that always breaks down!!! DON'T FALL FOR IT RUN.

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A GOOD DEAL BUT I WAS VERY WRONG. DONT TRUST THE SALES GUYS THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM. THEY ARE JUST VERY GOOD AT SELLING!

Pros

That my staff knows how to use it.
NOTHING ELSE IS GOOD ABOUT THIS SYSTEM.

Cons

High cc processing fees
ALWAYS BREAKS DOWN!
Online accessing for reporting is practically nonfunctioning (takes like 30 min to pull any report) super slow, for that, I rather just go to the store and print it from there.
Hassle to get any equipment replaced that breaks.
Too many other to mention

jessie

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Con Artist

HORRIBLE!

Pros

NOTHING!!!!! This company is a joke, they are thieves

Cons

This company is a joke. once they get you signed up you can't leave without spending thousands of dollars. Even when it comes time when you should be able to write a simple letter to get out of the agreement they come up with some crazy reason why your letter wasn't excepted and how your contract started over. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

Stay away-run away

They have “Fixed” my system over and over. It keeps loosing buttons off of the menu. They cannot find a fix. Needless to say I have lost faith in the system and I do not know if my reports are correct of not.

Pros

Zero-zip , don’t trust the FREE, you get what you pay for.

Cons

Everything, cannot trust the system, remember you get what you pay for.

Response from Harbortouch

Mark, we would first like to apologize for the frustrating experience you have had with Harbortouch thus far. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account and someone from our technical support management team will review your account and reach out to you to resolve these issues.

Replied 23/4/2019
Jason

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

This is BY FAR the WORST POS there is.

The only benefit from this software was my ability to pay for service 3 years after i sold my restaurant, so i wouldn't need to pay for a cancellation fee.

Pros

The only thing that i liked about the software was that older waitresses were able to use it, without many issues. ALSO the salesman was very convincing.

Cons

I did not like the fees, the ABSURD contract length, the fact they like to remind you they have you under contract and if you deviate, they will charge you a large cancellation fee. they do not care about their reviews and their customers. I do not understand why people still use their POS. I sold my restaurant in April of 2015. It is April of 2018 and i'm finally able to get out of the contract.

Franc

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

held our money we made on hold after we payed monthly on time worst POS system around!!!

There are no pros to using this system at all beside the fact that sometimes it starts up that is really it

Cons

Worst POS system out there had our money we made in credit on hold and would give us a reason why lost money in credit card sales because of them let alone the days spent on the phone with the company being transferred to different people every couple of minutes and being on hold whenever they didn't have a answer to me if you own a resturant and in need of a POS system stay away from this company it's hard to use very laggy and have terrible customer support. It stinks that used this POS system because I lost a lot of money using it.

Shaun

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Major Regret

Not a day goes by that something doesn't go wrong with this system. The hardware has failed often. They replace it, but certainly a hassle. The functionality isn't there. They told me I could control it remotely via their website. False. They told me I'd save money on credit card processing. False. This has been nothing but trouble since day one. And here I am under contract

Pros

It's shiny

Cons

It's clear that no one who has worked in a restaurant was involved in developing this software. Compared to other systems I've used, very time-consuming.

Tyler

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

HarborTouch's NEW software!!

Worst system EVER!!!!!

Pros

Looks great! Doesn't work! Don't buy it!

Cons

Harbor touch has NUMEROUS bugs in their NEW system. We opened a new restaurant 3 weeks ago and we received the NEW system! What a horrible mistake! the system prints 5 duplicate tickets one minute then doesn't send tickets to the Kitchen the next minute! we have demanded them to replace the NEW system with there OLD system. I would NOT reccomened HarborTouch's new system it's costing us Thousands of dollars daily!

Response from Harbortouch

Tyler, we want to apologize for the issues that you have been experiencing with your Harbortouch system. We consistently work to ensure that our systems are working properly so that our merchant's can run their businesses as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. Please send an email to [email protected] with your Merchant ID Number so that we may address and resolve these issues for you.

Replied 3/12/2018
Kristen

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Horrible

Pros

Not a thing. Less than zero pros. There are no positives to this software.

Cons

Tech support is a joke. This POS has to be rebooted all of the time and will just crash in the middle of a lunch rush. It hasn't worked in weeks... so very annoying. They tell me every time that they cant help me and it's an issue on my end when literally everything (Phones, Tablets, Computers) in my building work and have zero connection issue. It is always this POC (piece of CRAP).

Response from Harbortouch

Kristen, we are sorry to hear for your troubling experience you have had with your Harbortouch POS and would like to offer our sincerest apologizes for your inconveniences and frustrations. We would like an opportunity to have someone from our upper management team review your account and resolve these issues for you. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be in touch with you ASAP.

Replied 13/2/2019
Dino

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Harbortouch

I am putting the horrible experience behind and trying to move forward. Lost lots of money. The free trail not free. You will end up getting charge at the end.

Pros

Nothing
There is nothing good about Harbortouch, from the sales people to the Tech, and system has many issues.

Cons

Functionality, not accurate
Orders won’t print always in kitchen or bar. Not charging right amount. Double prints. Many other issues.

Jason
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Rip off!!!!

Worst mistake ever made! NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! Expect much higher charges than promised by sales reps

Pros

Great promotional offers, only to find out they are nothing like the sales rep promised.

Cons

Constantly crashing. Must call and wait on hold multiple times a week just to activate the system. Complete junk

Response from Harbortouch

Jason, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for your experience with Harbortouch. Our customers come first and we are saddened that we were not able to better assist you in this situation.

Replied 20/2/2019