Paycom Reviews

About Paycom

Paycom offers user-friendly HR and employee-driven payroll technology to enhance the employee life cycle, in a single software. Paycom drives efficiencies, increases data integrity and gives employees power over their HR...

4.2

Browse Paycom Reviews

Brandon
Brandon
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 4/1/2024

The easy way to manage and view your paycheck and schedule

Pros

The easy and hassle free way to view and manage my paycheck and work schedule at home or on the go

Cons

I didn't have any dislikes about this product.

Response from Paycom

We're grateful you took the time to leave us a review, Brandon! It's great to hear Paycom made accessing your information so convenient!

Replied 5/1/2024
Alan
Alan

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

Paycom simplifies payroll processes for our company

Employees will be responsible for their own actions going forward. Our company's cultural flaws have been exposed through Paycom software. It's making us evolve, but in a positive direction.

Pros

Your sales representative and the service staff are committed to answering your inquiries and resolving any problems that may arise. I've worked in similar roles with other services before, and they're just not the same.

Cons

Since our previous leader left the organization, communication with our new leader has been difficult. No one else was as helpful in guiding me through the steps as he was. Considered myself safe because I had previously used Paycom. I was completely unfamiliar with the Betti component.

Response from Paycom

We are happy to hear that Paycom's software has been instrumental in your organization's growth. Our team is committed to providing solutions that meet your specific needs and we appreciate your trust in us.

Replied 21/8/2023
MIRANDA
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

Best Payroll/HR

Pros

the sudtomer service is absolutely amazing. We get responses back no longer than and hour. All our questions get answered, or the work through them with us to find the best solutions.

Cons

So far we have nothing that is a downside from switching over.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

We needed better costmer service and a platform that can handle all our needs as a company.

Response from Paycom

Miranda, we're thrilled to hear our team is providing you and your organization with top-tier client service! Thank you for your allowing us to serve your organization!

Replied 21/3/2024

Top Paycom Alternatives

Marissa
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/3/2024

Don’t waste your time + money

Hated it. Glad we stopped using it. Waste of time. Waste of money. Still paying for some of the issues.

Pros

I liked the initial training with a REAL person to understand how to use the program. The initial contact person was easy to get a hold of, available by text, etc.

Cons

There was TOO much in Paycom. And too many things that were unnecessary. I feel like I paid for a full program that I only needed a basic version of.
Having to deal with wire transfers was a pain and expensive.
The many steps just to complete payroll was daunting as well.

Response from Paycom

Marissa, our goal is to improve the employee experience and deliver top-tier service to all of our clients. We're disappointed to read your review as the experience you're describing does not align with Paycom's standard. We value your partnership and would like to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to our team at [email protected], and someone from our team will be in touch.

Replied 2/4/2024
Stephanie

Reviewed on 6/2/2024

Smoothest implementation ever

Overall we are very happy with the product. It was easy to get set up and I find myself looking to use more and more of the fields and options because the reporting is really great! It has been a pretty quick learning curve because the interface is pretty user friendly.

Pros

The implementation process was quick and fairly straight forward. Our sales person remained on our account as support throughout the implementation process and that was comforting. We had a timeline and we were able to adhere to it and processed our first payroll on time. When we had questions, we received answers quickly by reps that we recognized. The general ledger reporting is also easy to update and customize.

Cons

We had a couple issues with benefits implementation. It was a little difficult to understand what we were setting up and how it would all flow through. May recommend asking for a benefits specific demo. We also have had to file a few jurisdictions that have cost some extra fees that I didn't think about up front it may be nice to do a review before implementation of what may be needed.

ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

We were implementing a 401k plan and so we needed better reporting. We are now able to get an employee census and automated 401k reporting from the system vs. manual Excel design.

SurePayroll

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Price was some consideration. ADP was too expensive for our small company. Paylocity is the product I had some experience with in the past and their customer support was always changing reps. Their GL was also not customizable by the end user.

Response from Paycom

We appreciate your feedback, Stephanie. It's great to hear about your implementation experience with our team! We're happy to know Paycom is making a positive impact on you and your organization! Thank you for the positive review.

Replied 8/2/2024
Gayle

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Customer Service is not what they sell

We have been very frustrated with our implementation and ongoing service. They push to go live in a very short amount of time but did a terrible job of working to make sure the set up was right. They definitely have their own agenda but it did not match our needs. We still have to do continual follow up to make sure things are right.

Pros

The basic interface is easy to use and I like that we can customize the software to our needs.

Cons

It wasn't as helpful on the Payroll/Finance side and we still have to do a far amount of work outside of the program.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

The software was out dated and Ceridian was sun setting the program. We wanted a more dynamic software to meet our needs. We were looking for a more responsive provider.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

We chose it for value over UltiPro even though we felt it was not the superior product.

Response from Paycom

Gayle, we are sorry to read you are frustrated and would like the opportunity to resolve any concerns or questions you may have. Your success with Paycom is important to us and a member of our client support team will be happy to follow up with you directly.

Replied 3/10/2019
Taneisha
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Paycom protects your payroll for sure!

All companies should use Paycom. It's reliable and easy to use. It immediately alerts you if you have any discrepancy. I genuinely like Paycom.

Pros

Being in control of my finances. Allowing me to have documentation if ever needed. Helpful tutorials. And alerts through your preferred notifications. Email, text, phone

Cons

Honestly I never experienced any issues. This app is hassle free.

Response from Paycom

Taneisha, it's great to hear Paycom has positively impacted you and your organization's payroll process! Thank you for the 5-star review, and for entrusting us with your HR needs.

Replied 26/3/2024
Holly

Reviewed on 2/2/2024

Paycom is a lifesaver

Overall I love paycom. The ease of use and customer service is great!

Pros

The setup team was so easy to work with and helped when we got stuck. They really worked with our team to get everything set up the way we need it to work.

Cons

We are still working out a few issues with the implementation team. The team that sold us on all of the functions of Paycom and the implementation team must not have shared notes. There are things that we were looking for that were not set up the way we were told, so are now we are waiting for their team to get things set up correctly.

Some of the report features are confusing and difficult to find the right report for what I need.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience, Holly! We're happy to hear our team has provided top-tier service and that you find our product easy to use! We appreciate your feedback. If you ever have any additional comments or questions, please reach out to our team at [email protected].

Replied 7/2/2024
Faith
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 3/4/2024

Best Payroll Software

Very good overall experience, the implementation team has been perfect!

Pros

The ease of use, the timeliness of support and the overall daily process.

Cons

Unexpected roadblocks, but our implementation team has been wonderful!

Response from Paycom

We're happy to hear about your implementation experience and the timeliness of support with our team. Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review!

Replied 9/4/2024
Steve

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

Handy Dandy Payroll App

I find Paycom to be a generally excellent and efficient app that makes payroll and its associated functions easily accessed, updated, and implemented, with a minimum of fuss. It's highly functional and works well, with a minimum of glitches or other issues. I don't have complaints so much as 'I'd like to see's; given how rare it is for me to not have a complaint about something, that's high praise. I've used other payroll apps in the past, and thoroughly recommend Paycom for any size business.

Pros

I really like the ease of use I get in the app, as that is how I most often access Paycom. The layout is clear, options are logical, and it's easily understood at each level what I'm looking at and what I'm doing. The app is high-powered with functionality, unlike many apps that are just light versions of their websites. I actually prefer the app. The features are robust, allowing for much more than just requesting time off. Access to tax documents, time cards, adjusting payroll, and yes, time off requests, are all easy to navigate to and access. Having online learning resources and additional company info built in and accessible from the app is also a highlight.

Cons

One of my earlier complaints about Paycom- the awkwardness of entering PTO requests- was actually fixed in one of their recent updates. Although navigating to the various functions is easy enough, a 'Favorites' option would be most appreciated. Not every user needs to use every function equally, after all. While access to the options is easy enough, the layout and visuals of the app itself are somewhat basic, and could do with a fresh coat of paint, as it were. Some minor quibbles, like certain characters not allowable in PTO requests, are just that, minor.

Response from Paycom

Steve, we're thrilled to read your review! It's really great to hear you are utilizing the many different features within the app! Thank you for the positive review and we appreciate your partnership!

Replied 2/4/2024
Elaine

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Paycom- From Manual Processes to the Modern Age

Overall our experience with Paycom has been very positive. Like any new system it has not always been easy, and some days I have really wished that hitting a computer did make it work better. However, if you take time to understand the system, and really think through your processes to mold them to what Paycom is designed to do instead of trying to may Paycom fit into your old processes, it always works out.

Pros

Paycom has been a massive change for my company. In January of 2019, we switch from a paper-driven, multi-system segmented way of running our HR and Payroll departments to Paycom, and we will NEVER go back! I worked with my team as well as Paycom's implementation team to get the system set up and then in training our Management Team as well as our employees in how to effectively use Paycom. After some bumps in the road, our departments are running smoothly, and we cannot begin to tell you how much of our time we have gotten back in our days because of it. My favorite thing about the system is how intuitive it is. Once you understand how the Personel Actions Forms work, you can easily understand the Performance Discussion forms. The things you learn from those programs will help you know how to interact with the other modules as well. We also really appreciate how often they create, advertise, and then released new features for free. Things that our team use regularly now did not exist when we first rolled out the system. It has made a massive difference in how we manage our people-data and administer almost every HR and Payroll function and several other processes besides.

Cons

The thing that we have struggled with the most is that the system is almost too customizable. Take a PAF (Personel Action Form), for example. On there is has an effective date feature that allows you to either back-date the pay-change or set it for a future date. We had been using that feature for months when an audit showed that the effective date was not working. When we contacted our Account Specialist, they said that they needed to "turn that feature on" before it would be working. There have been a few other features that we didn't know we needed to ask for them to be "turned on" and just assumed that they were.

UKG Ready, Namely, ADP TotalSource and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

We did two waves of research before we choose Paycom. First, we called each company and asked them the same set of questions to see how each one addressed the needs we as a company felt should be most positively impacted by bringing on an HRIS system. We also asked for their rates, as it was essential that the system not only works well work us but that it fits into our budget as well. As a non-profit organization, budget is one of those things that are not very negotiable. We then took that top 4 contenders from that wave of research and scheduled live Demos at our office with all key-players to make sure that not only the HR and Payroll departments liked the system, but that every head of department saw the value and use in the system. Paycom beat out the others by a mile.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Elaine! We are thrilled that you and your organization are enjoying Paycom! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your experience by either directly reaching out to your specialist or contacting our team at [email protected].

Replied 30/12/2019
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Best of the Best

Paycom is the corvette of HR and time management systems. We looked at many other products, and very few offered all native modules, and a nearly perfect user experience... Those that did would be the super-cars of the industry, they may be ultra performant, hyper tuned, or can do anything, BUT that often makes them expensive and hard to maintain. Paycom struck the perfect balance for our company.

Pros

Paycom pays their sales team and integrations people based on the success of the company they are selling to. The software is intuitive, web and mobile friendly, and most importantly all native to the paycom system unlike almost every other vendor we looked at.

Cons

A bit pricey, some modules are not included by default, not as flexible as some other tools we looked at.

ADP Workforce Now, Paychex Flex, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Poor support, slow development of new features, all apps were silo'd.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Paycom was the only provider that was 100% integrated with themselves. All others had multiple modules that were built or acquired across time resulting in poor performance, difficulty in training, and poor user experience. Paycom stood above all others in being the most intuitive, while maintaining the functionality and flexibility we needed. There were others with more flexibility, or features, but they did not stand up to what we needed from the user perspective.

Response from Paycom

Daniel, thank you for the review! We're thrilled that we can support your organization's needs!

Replied 12/2/2020
Kendall
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/8/2023

Paycom is simple and great for HR needs

Paycom consolidates a plethora of functions—from standard human resources to project management to applicant tracking to learning management to time and attendance tracking—into a single platform. With Paycom, time and attendance tracking and management are completely automated, eliminating the need for any human processes.

Pros

An excellent central location for all company information and communication. Timesheets, costs, training, document uploading, onboarding, and benefits administration are all handled through it at my company. The software might need some polish, but it's a lifesaver for tracking mileage.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't noticed any drawbacks. Simple app or web-based access available. It would be great if the app could get alerts via push notifications. When keeping a manual mileage journal, it's a good idea to include more stops.

Response from Paycom

Thanks for the positive review, Kendall! We are thrilled to hear that Paycom has been able to provide you with the tools and resources necessary to simplify your work life and help you become a better manager. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with the support you need to succeed.

Replied 7/8/2023
Karena

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

User Friendly System

Overall experience has been great. Any issues or questions we may have are quickly addressed and we have an extremely knowledgeable dedicated account specialist.

Pros

Paycom software is very easy to understand and navigate. The modules are very comprehensive in terms of available features. The reporting feature allows you to pull information in a variety of formats. And the end-user has their HR information right at their finger tips which allows for easy access and updating information convenient.

Cons

Paycom has annual price increases to the software that we use. We started with a certain price which has changed over time.

Auto Decision Platform and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Reviews from other end users, software modules available and cost.

Response from Paycom

Karena, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We're thrilled to see you are enjoying our products, and we hope they will continue to bring value to your organization. Please feel free to share with your dedicated specialist any enhancements you would like to see from us; we love hearing from our users!

Replied 15/4/2020
Kristin

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

So far it's the best payroll company I've used

Great customer service. I haven't used all of the functions available yet such as onboarding a new hire but overall I'm very pleased.

Pros

Online portal & payroll processing, vast report options, mobile app, EE file management.

Cons

When researching Paycom the only negative review I seemed to come across was difficulty with the software. To a non-tech savvy person I can see how this would be true but the staff were absolutely great about scheduling times to train me and go over any questions I had. They also made sure to have me go through necessary functions rather than just sit & watch.

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

PrimePay had terrible customer service, I had limited access in my online portal and the report center was confusing and never seemed to have the report I needed. Our payroll was incorrect and/or late more than once in my 1 year using them. They also double-billed me twice and it took 2 months of me repeatedly emailing, calling and following up until I found an employee willing to help that I finally got refunded.

PrimePay

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

I used these 2 services at my previous job and both had their own quirks and difficulties so after my Paycom demo I decided it would be best to try them instead and in the 2 months I've used Paycom so far I have not been dissappointed.

Response from Paycom

A simple, easy-to-use software is our top priority at Paycom and we are glad our mobile app has helped you access everything you need. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Replied 16/4/2021
Lyneda

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

Paycom for employees

Overall I like Paycom very well. It allows you to keep up with your times, PTO hours, print off paystubs, and request vacation days all from your phone. No more filling out paperwork and worrying about it getting lost. Everything can be done from the app on your phone.

Pros

It's easy to clock in and out for your shift. You can clock in and out straight from the app on your phone. No more waiting in line at the time clock, no codes to remember, no fingerprints, just a quick tap of your phone.

Cons

It can be difficult to make a correction on your in and out punches sometimes. You have to wait on approval for time corrections.

Response from Paycom

We appreciate you sharing how your organization has benefited from single-database solution and that it's helped streamline your HR processes! Thank you for the feedback and we encourage you to share any other enhancements with our team at [email protected].

Replied 30/7/2021

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Paycom - Improving the Task of Running Payroll

Hard sales - it was not a comfortable sales process AT ALL. Lots of promises not all of which were fulfilled. Implementation team was great but I had to push really hard on some things that I knew must be there but my specialist didn't know about yet. BUT, we previously had a full time payroll manager and a part time recruiter, plus an HR generalist for our past system. Now we have one person doing all admin at about .75 FTE. We aren't maximizing the software but it's better than what we had before.

Pros

The employee self service feature and timecard management is fantastic. Their core philosophy is that employees enter, manage and approve their own time. There's a learning curve for sure, but ultimately - given my retail hourly workforce - this has been a huge sigh of relief over our prior timecard mgmt and the risk we had with managers entering employee time.

Cons

There are parts that are unnecessarily complicated - like the way that they have position mgmt set up, and how managers get access to open positions. The checklists and task management are also really complicated. There is no admin community or Special Interest Groups which is a huge miss. The peer sharing of best practices is something I miss very much.

Response from Paycom

Thank you, we are glad you are enjoying our software and the convenience of employees entering their own information! However, we would like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. Please connect with our team at [email protected], and we will share your feedback with our leadership team.

Replied 15/10/2020
Christine

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Honestly not worth the cost

We've had Paycom for 3 years. Not a single rep we've ever worked with has had HR or payroll experience so they have no context for any of our questions or issues. You have to explain to the customer service rep how their own system works in order for them to understand the problem you're having. We've also had 6 different customer service reps in 3 years - they keep quitting. I don't blame them, they aren't given any of the knowledge or tools to actually be helpful. And don't expect to actually be able to get through to your rep when you call, you'll get someone else who knows even less. When you do get your rep, they always have to "get back to you" about your question but they rarely do. The most common answer or solution is "oh, the system can't do that but we'll put in a suggestion for it with our development team". Still waiting on most of those developments.

Their big selling point is that it saves time - the trick is they mean it saves the employees time, not the Payroll people, not the HR people, not the IT people. For all of these people, processing time has doubled and some things are literally impossible to do in the system, things that are standard in any other system.

Everything is designed to charge you more money and everything is overpriced. We're currently being forced into an update to their payroll module that will also cost more money. It's not an optional upgrade and it's not an upgrade we want or need, but we will be forced into it anyway.

Pros

Once you understand how it works, you can figure most things out for yourself. And you'll have to.

Cons

Everything is so manual that administrators will spend a lot of additional time on processes and transactions. Customer Service is really terrible - they don't know how their own system works and they don't follow through on commitments.

Response from Paycom

Hi, Christine. We've been in contact with the team serving your organization and they are working diligently to connect with your team to begin addressing your concerns while you're out of office. We greatly value your business and look forward to improving our partnership. If we can be of further assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected].

Replied 5/4/2022
Jessie

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

Great at first

Pros

I loved how i could call their customer service line and get an agent within 1-2 minutes. I used to have to wait 40+ minutes with ADP.

Cons

They do not keep us compliant. When we need a new earning/deduction set up they ask us to fill out paperwork regarding how it should be taxed. I am not a tax expert and do not have that information. I hoped i could tell Paycom what i want and they would be able to set that up for us, but this is not the case.

Paycor

ADP Workforce Now

Response from Paycom

We hold our product and service to a high standard, and we'd like to learn more about your review, Jessie. Please reach out to us at [email protected], and a member of our team will be in touch.

Replied 8/2/2024

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

A HRIS System That WORKS!!!

In February of 2020, we were introduced to our Transitional Specialist and that was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. WOW!! What an exceptional person and specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is. From the first meeting/training to the last meeting/training, she was able to teach, explain and get back to us on questions quickly which was always above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear on what she needed up front and was never hesitant to clarify things that were not clear to her. The one thing that stood out was the system that we had was not user friendly when it came to pulling certain information out to send to Paycom but that did not stop her from making it happen. Her work ethic was always professional and positive. Trainings were easy because she always took time to explain why each step was important as opposed to just click here and move on. Her note taking while training was happening impressed us because she never started a new training session each week without handling last week’s questions. She always had the items fixed or had the questions answered. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible not only on the trainings but she always gets back to our emails in a timely manner every time!! Turnaround time and getting straight answers from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so refreshing since our old system did not offer that. We are confident that the Paycom team all follow this policy.

Paycom is a phenomenal HRIS system!

Pros

In every aspect from payroll to recruiting to onboarding Paycom understands the importance of people's time. Paycom functions are quick and easy to use. The approval process from department to employee is simple and easy. The phone app is quick and employees do not have to spend time looking for what they need, everything is laid out in a clear manner. Applicant tracking is easy from start to finish. Our company also has the expenses part and for our team it is really easy to work from their phone and then submit.
Payco definitely has many different components but each one is easy to use. This is a great investment because it is all at your fingertips. The last part is you don't have to get all the components at once you can customize the system to work for what is right for your company.

Cons

So far I do not have any cons. I am impressed with how the company runs.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled our software has helped streamline your HR initiatives! Thank you for the 5-star review!

Replied 3/11/2020

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Paycom is the One Stop Shop!

Our previous vendor was built off bolt on modules, not products they developed. This vendor didn't allow for online signing of new hire paperwork, didn't have a built in electronic I-9, had separate time and attendance and PTO tracking. It became a full time job just to keep up with their time and attendance and PTO tracking.

When we were shopping for new HRIS software we knew we wanted one system and Paycom was the only one we found that was truly one system. Since bringing in Paycom we have moved into the digital age! With all the efficiencies we have found utilizing Paycom we have been able to save on overhead and have maintained an open headcount for the HR department. Not only is the software top notch but we love having top notch customer service as well! Not only do we have a dedicated payroll specialist that we can contact for day to day questions and assistance but we also have a Customer Relations Representative (CRR) that is available for onsite training and overview of the system to ensure we are getting the most of the system and fully utilizing the products we purchased!

Pros

Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier!

Cons

One area of focus I would recommend would be more content development in their new LMS module. The module itself is really user friendly but having content is the toughest part of building an LMS. Having more pre-built content would help utilize the module quicker.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to partner with you to be your ?one-stop shop? payroll and HR technology solution.

Replied 20/6/2019
Morgan

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

System still needs a ton of design upgrades to match competitor's offerings/meet business...

Pros

ESS Dashboard/Tiles and notification menu.
Ability to send automated "no thank you letters" to rejected interview candidates
Test sample paychecks
Total comp letters
Dynamic Benefits / Open Enrollment Process

Cons

No historical reporting
No option for change reports to pull one or two field items and does not show effective dates
System glitches in LMS (when importing external content) - Dashboard does not reflect "percentage complete"; issues with completed courses showing as still needing to be complete despite confirmation
Phantom period in Time Off Module
Position Management/Org chart has to be manually changed. Position seats are not updated when a PAF is submitted.
Applicant Tracking Module is confusing (too many dashboards and the dashboards do not populate the correct data)
Can't hide unfilled/unused custom fields
Performance Review Module not very dynamic/customizable
Survey function not very dynamic/customizable (no logic)
No Job Description function/Module
401k changes wont feed to our external vendor
Too many individual steps to accomplish one task (i.e. build a check list)

In general, the system is not as user friendly / customizable / dynamic as it was sold to us as.

Response from Paycom

Morgan, our team would like to connect with you regarding your feedback. Paycom is committed to being a valuable partner and we want to make sure you are receiving the maximum benefit out of the system. Based on the items listed in your feedback, we believe we can help alleviate some of the challenges you may be having. We¿re always adding additional functionality to the Paycom solution and we want to verify you are receiving those updates. We will have a member of our team reach out to you and you can always reach out to your Paycom specialist at any time. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Replied 13/12/2017
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

Sales Overpromised, Quality Sub-Par, Customer Service a Joke

deplorable

Pros

The Mobile App is better than Paylocity and similar vendors. Reporting is OK.

Cons

Sales "sold" us services which system was incapable of. Nickle and dime you for additional services, no matter how small. Customer service wont respond to you for weeks or months. They even blew off 2 conference calls that they scheduled with us related to their customer service! We have had 4-5 rep changes in 12 months. All of which are horrible. And they take no responsibly for their errors or lack of communication and give you NOTHING in return for your troubles. They screwed up our taxes without authorization, which ended up being a $100,000 tax increase in a single day. 6 weeks later it's still unresolved. They hiked up our rates by 4% after just 12 months. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Netchex

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Overpromised as a better product and having stellar customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Ultipro was too expensive.

Response from Paycom

We're sorry to hear about your experience and what you described does not match our standards. With that in mind, we would like to learn more about your feedback. Please contact us at [email protected] and a member of our team will reach out to you.

Replied 24/9/2021
Mychal
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 21/1/2022

Struggling to get support

Pros

Paycom seems to have a large amount of offerings that could support many different areas of HR. If you know systems at all, it can be pretty straightforward to navigate. As a user, it's easy to log into the app and to request time off.

Cons

We are really struggling to get any support or our questions answered. In 6 months, we have had three different account specialists and have had no transitions between them. The only way we know we have a new one is by looking at our Help section of the system.
We have had ongoing requests for almost two months with little updates. We have tried to escalate to team leads and have not received much communication.
My latest question was responded with "If you are needing immediate assistance with these items, I would recommend that you go ahead and call in to the main line at 800.580.4505 and any member of the team will be able to assist you." after I asked for an update when I hadn't heard back from our account specialist in 12 days.
We've even tried to call into the main line only to be hung up on, disconnected, or told they would look into it with no response back.

We don't feel this is typical based on other reviews and talking to other organizations. We just want to know why we can't get the same level of support or even a response.

Response from Paycom

Hi, Mychal. We understand you're actively working with your client team and have scheduled meetings to ensure these concerns are resolved. If we can be of additional help, please connect with us at [email protected].

Replied 31/1/2022
Edwin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

Not a good experience at all

We have been with Paycom for three years and the money I have spent with them has, many times, felt like I am being taken advantage of. If anyone wonders why we still use them, it is not easy changing payroll companies for a 300 person firm. I am sure their intentions are good, their product is not bad but their handling of problems is atrocious. It is unbelievably frustrating and 2019 is the year we start with someone else. There are a lot of good people there and a lot of poor management. Maybe they should take some of the little guys and move them up the ladder.

Pros

The time it took to convert from ADP to Paycom was good, but not high quality. Daily tech support was very good but levels above that began to go downhill.quickly.

Cons

Just about everything. Promises were made in the beginning and some of them were, literally, just lies. These empty promises were just completely ignored.
Initial implementation was riddled with problems and very little support from tech side. Follow-up issues were addressed with "I promise to make sure everything is resolved". I heard this from a number of higher level people and never heard from them again. Every year our W2s were sent out incorrect without being allowed to review them prior to posting them to employees. Adjustments were made to our bi-weekly payroll without our knowledge and it took sometimes days or weeks to get explanations. We were charged for things that we were told were part of the payroll processing fee. There are so many things they do wrong, consistently, it is hard to give them any credit for what they do right.

Response from Paycom

Edwin, we’re sorry to read you are unhappy with your Paycom experience. Our goal is to be your valued and trusted partner and we would welcome the opporturnity to resolve any questions or concerns you may have. A member of our team will reach out to you to follow up.

Replied 17/1/2019