Avaza Reviews

About Avaza

Avaza is a business management solution which includes features for project management, resource scheduling, online timesheets, expense management, online invoicing, recurring invoicing, quotes and invoices and more. Avaza also...

4.7
4.7

Browse Avaza Reviews

Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 13/5/2023

Excellent platform for solid project management, time tracking and billing.

I can track ventures and extend errands in Avaza and favor temporary worker timecards, it makes a difference spare time, but including other highlights like mechanized workflows would make it more effective. As businesses develop, asset administration and monetary determining ended up basic to the in general wellbeing of the commerce. Avaza gives a single stage where budgeting, assets, and assignment assignments can be wiped out one put. Avaza makes a difference keep my clients educated around their errands and generally venture status, keep my extend errands organized by client, I am able to see my profitability per client with reports, we are able charge clients for time and benefit.

Pros

I just like the clean and simple to utilize plan, time following and detailing highlights, moreover accommodating that it coordinating with Slack, simple time following by assignment, capacity to welcome outside contacts to collaborate on ventures, strong announcing once you learn how to do it. Avaza could be a astounding extend administration device, as our commerce develops Avaza gives a total framework to oversee ventures, figure assets, relegate errands successfully and move forward efficiency. In expansion, Avaza gives real-time client back through a flag-bearer and the reaction time is amazing.

Cons

It would be accommodating in the event that Avaza had mechanization highlights to form automatic workflows, asset planning may well be more productive and displayed more precisely, it would be decent to have the choice to alter extend categories to dynamic or inert, as well as labels . I had a few inconvenience designing a few of the reports to induce the information I required, especially on the receipt and installment side. Some of things may be included, such as a information passage for Buy Orders gotten and a area where Buy Orders from subcontractors might be produced.

Taryn
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Freelancer Life Saver

Pros

As a freelancer who has to track time differently for each job and everyone wants invoices done a different way, Avaza has been so helpful. Not only does it help when it comes to invoicing to keep things organized, but the time tracking has helped me understand how long tasks are taking me and HOW I'm spending my days and make adjustments from there. An essential tool for freelancers and those curious about their task/time habits. Also, it's free. Rarely do you find good quality FREE products but Avaza is one of the good ones!

Cons

Getting invoices the way I want them is still a trial and error. I wish when I went to adjust how I want the invoice displayed that it would remove what's currently in there and redisplay with the new conditions. However, it just adds the same tasks/hours in a new format so it doubles up instead of replacing the old format.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Cost and ability to add many organizations to bill for.

Harvest
Leonardo Andrés
Leonardo Andrés
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

Avaza a software that is worth your time

It helps me stay organized and on track wherever I am, in the office, at home or on the go through the app.
Nice interface, easy to use and understand, I miss a little more color and the possibility to personalize it maybe with your company colors or with the ones you like, but the experience overall has been great so far.

Pros

- Easy to use, just a couple of minutes to get everything set
- Nice Phone app with available dashboard to get a quick glance at where you are at.(For me the possibility to check your task on the go is a must in my everyday life)
- You can personalize priorities and different clients without any hustle
- The Timer! This is great, it has an incorporated timer that lets you track how much time you are really spending on each task.

Cons

- I really miss a Dark theme for the phone app, it will better in the eyes.
- It does not allow you to personalize the background color of your tasks, that will be nice for a quick glance at priorities and better in my opinion that the flags

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your review. We plan to add support for a dark theme across the web and phone apps.

We have added your vote to the feature request and our support team will reach out to you as soon as it becomes available for use.

Replied 17/12/2020

Top Avaza Alternatives

Cindy

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Great tool!

Great! I use it daily to keep track of my time and the projects we have on the go as well as invoicing. It's a one stop shop!

Pros

Easy to use and the support is amazing!

Cons

I can't sync the existing projects with our Team Management and I can't change the templates.

Simon

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

An excellent, intuitive, and easy-to-use project & task management system

Right from the outset, the sales process and demonstration walkthrough made the decision to migrate to Avaza easy. Avaza's importing process enabled us to export tasks from our old system and import into Avaza. Avaza's support is very responsive - and they've even made changes based on suggestions from me.

Pros

I have used a raft of alternative task & project management SaaS (software as a service) solutions. Additionally, I have trialled around 15-20 different task & project management SaaS solutions. With out a doubt, Avaza is the best solution I have ever used; it is intuitive, easy-to-use, very responsive in speed, has a great smartPhone app to compliment the web-based system, it integrates with Xero (for accounts), and has a raft of sophisticated features and views (Kanban-styled boards, Gantt Charts, task lists, priority views, status views, etc, etc etc!). The features we don't as yet use include Estimate and Invoicing creation, but we may well move to using these too.

Cons

A great SaaS solution and I think if I was to want to additional features added, then one would be chat integration (currently comments are available, but no chat). And the 2nd would be an enhanced file management facility, whereby you could upload to a File Repository/Folder, tag the image, assign it to a project, rename the virtual file name, and move it to another folder for housekeeping.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

We found ProofHub clunky, lacking in features, slow support help when needed, and expensive for what it provided. Avaza solved all these issues - and is a lot cheaper than ProofHub.

ProofHub

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

User interface experience, modern framework, task creation/update speed, simplicity but with superb functionality, support, and price.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Simon, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions.

You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat

I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Replied 22/1/2021
Grace
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Great project and resource management tool

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros

I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons

The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Airtable, Trello, monday.com and Toggl Track

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

I needed time tracking, resource management, and project planning in the same tool – without spending hours setting up formulas to connect each of these things to each other.
Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 17/4/2023

Avaza is definitely a one stop shop for projects

Task inventory can be built, estimates can be made quickly, tasks can be created from estimates, and clients can approve bills in a snap after receiving them.

Pros

Everything having to do with the financial status of a project, from invoices to accounts receivable and payable, can be generated with the help of this program.

Cons

Some of the features I would expect from a project management system are missing. Nonetheless, they are always developing new features and listening to feedback.

Krishna
Krishna

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

With Avaza, everything is streamlined, easy, and available

We've simplified and made Avaza easy to use so that everyone may have access to it. When compared to previous systems, their straightforward billing process and seamless integration with Quickbooks have made all the difference in the accuracy of our accounting records. Their support staff is fantastic; I've brought them some difficult issues, and they've gone out of their way to help me.

Pros

One of Avaza's strongest points is how comprehensive it is as a tool. What I like best is that I can manage my time, expenses, and projects all in one location. Furthermore, I appreciate the ability to keep track of expenses and the app's compatibility with others, such as Xero and Trello.

Cons

Avaza seems to have its limits at times. The tools are straightforward, although the interface occasionally presents obstacles. Additionally, I believe there is room for improvement in the reporting functionality and would welcome the addition of additional adaptable report types.

Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 14/2/2023

A complete solution for project management

Avaza's user interface is clean and straightforward, making it simple for anyone to learn and use. It facilitates smooth, real-time collaboration between groups, which improves project management, file sharing, and communication.

Pros

Features like job delegation, time monitoring, and file sharing are all conveniently located in a single interface, streamlining collaboration and project management for my team. The platform's many available integrations—with tools like Gantt charts and billing—make it an all-inclusive answer for managing our projects.

Cons

One thing that bothered me about Avaza was how complicated and daunting its interface initially was. It will take some time to become familiar with all of the available options and features. And I didn't think the task assignment component was as powerful as some other project management software I've used.

Cameron

Reviewed on 23/6/2019

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go!
The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features.
I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Teamwork.com, Airtable, Wrike and Podio

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Avaza keeps things more organized and has more features for the price.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

Cost for the features and ease of use
Jonathan
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Project management and client management

Pros

I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Lukasz
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Great project management tool

An intuitive project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in a single interface. My experience so far has been very positive.

Pros

Avaza makes it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks with clients and teammates. Especially, I appreciate the fact that notifications and messages are sent directly to my email. I like how easy it is to use. Our clients learn it quickly and enjoy working with it, so we can complete projects faster. The free plan is great as you can test out the service before buying and the pricing is also very reasonable.

Cons

It is possible to issue invoices in one currency per client. I would like to send invoices to the same client in different currencies.

Plutio and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

Less expensive and/or more features

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your kind review. We really appreciate your taking the time.

We currently support invoicing in a single currency for a customer to streamline project billable rates, fixed amounts, budgets etc. This is something on our roadmap and we will make sure your vote is added to the relevant feature.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 customer support team if you require any further assistance.

Replied 26/7/2021
Nawar

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

Avaza Review

We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros

Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible.

Cons

When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review.

As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments.

Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Replied 12/10/2020
Mohammed

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

Very good, easy and valuable software

Pros

It's very easy to use for me and my team.
I'm using it to manage my remote team

Cons

The mobile app is not a native one. Push notifications are not working on mobile app.

ClickUp

Price

Asana
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros

1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable.
2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget.
3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites.
4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help.
5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons

I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

The best all-in-one solution for project management and automated billing

Avaza is the best business management solution that helps us optimize our results with its automation features.Very useful

Pros

Avaza has allowed us to streamline our operations, resources and manage different projects more efficiently. It also provides us with very good analytical functionality for creating reports that benefit our business.

Cons

The current interface is very well optimized by the avaza team for me I have no problem for the moment with the application

Tim
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

My Review of Avaza - What it Is Amazing

Pros

I have used Avaza and it makes task management and time tracking easy
It comes with some great remote work support features and some amazing collaboration features

Cons

It has handled well and no need to discredit its capabilities.

Jasmine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

Awesome Gem!

Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros

I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons

I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

Streamlining Team Collaboration and Project Management with Avaza

Avaza offers a comprehensive solution for team collaboration and project management. It has many useful features such as task management, time tracking, and resource scheduling. It also allows for easy communication and file sharing among team members. However, the interface can be a bit confusing at first and some users may find the task assignment feature to be limited. Overall, Avaza is a good option for teams looking for a streamlined way to manage their projects and collaborate effectively.

Pros

and intuitive interface of Avaza. It makes it simple for my team to collaborate and manage projects, with features such as task assignments, time tracking, and document sharing all in one place. The platform also offers a variety of integrations, such as with Gantt charts and invoicing, which makes it a comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of our projects. Overall, Avaza has been a valuable tool for streamlining our workflow and improving our team's efficiency.

Cons

I did not like the fact that Avaza's interface can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at first. It takes some time to get used to navigating through all the different features and settings. Additionally, I found the task assignment feature to be a bit limited and not as robust as other project management tools. Overall, while Avaza has many useful features, it may not be the best fit for teams with more advanced project management needs.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so...

I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros

I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza.
I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for!

After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates.

Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Excellent Tool for Project Management!

Our agency has multiple teams members that work from home, are in a "satellite office" or are traveling for meetings. Having Avaza we're able to all communicate in one place, keep track of projects (and therefore keep them moving quickly) and easily see progress and/or hold ups with a project.

Pros

Avaza is super intuitive, easy to use, organized and has a visually appealing interface. It really seems that the designers of the software made the User Experience their top priority, which helps make for a simple and efficient daily use.

Cons

While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates.

Karla
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Great for my needs

Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons

Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Scoro

Price

Scoro

Cheaper
Leonda
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 6/9/2016

Very User Friendly!

I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.

Pros

The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Cons

There are no any cons that I can think of at this time. The only thing missing is the ability to actually create a proposal document that my clients could review, sign electronically and pay. Avaza has a quote or estimate feature which is really awesome but if I could also get those features I wouldn't have to use any other products such as Adobe Sign. Overall, the best online project management tool out there - hands down!!

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Great Product for Consulting Firms

Super happy with the experience overall. Great product!

Pros

Product is easy to learn and use. Functionality sufficient for project-driven business that tracks hours and budget at the project level.

Cons

Would prefer to set "favorites" that appear week to week rather than only the option to copy previous weeks. It can get a little tedious with multiple projects (and tasks within projects) as well as internal activities that are intermittent.

Deltek Vision

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

Better value and sufficient functionality

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Michael, adding the option to pin timesheet rows on week view is high on our product roadmap.

Our product team has added your vote for this feature and will reach out to you as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

Replied 16/12/2020
Mantas

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Avaza review

I was in a team of three people for one project. We tried to find product that fits our needs. Avaza is quite good product, but we decided to use Asana, just because it has better free plan for such a team. In Avaza we needed to pay $9.95, while in Asana we had what we needed for free.

If I were alone in that project, I would use Avaza.

Pros

We liked many things about Avaza. First of all it is cost effective. How much You spend depends on team size and members responsibility (it can become a hassle if Your team changes frequently). This product is good for freelancers (like myself), small and medium businesses. What I and my team members liked very much, is intuitive and simple interface. Also, it has many reports and good support.

Cons

Of course, there are some things that we didn't like. For team of three members, we found, that Asana had better pricing options than Avaza. Also, we needed Kanban board (Avaza don't have it). There is no automated forecast of project finish date, budget etc. You must use reports to evaluate how much time is spent and budget used.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Mantas, thanks for your feedback. Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market. At the time of writing this response, Avaza supports unlimited Project Collaborators which provides access to the same features as Asana. We do charge for Timesheet & Schedule features both of which are not available in Asana for free.

We also have support for KanBan and Gantt views with multiple grouping options, so you are certainly covered on that front.

Please feel free to reach out to our friendly 24/7 support team if you require assistance with your account.

Replied 22/1/2021