About MakeShift

MakeShift is a web and mobile employee scheduling solution for people-first businesses in fast-paced industries such as healthcare, hospitality, retail, construction, and recreation. It lets you build schedules faster, track time...

Browse MakeShift Reviews

Brandon

User friendly and Easy to Use

I absolutely love using MakeShift to distribute my teams schedule. They can see shift changes in real time and immediately receive schedules when they are published. This eliminates all the confusion we had in the past with team members not knowing their schedule or making weekly calls to the store to find out what shifts they are working.

Pros

Makeshift makes scheduling employees a very simple process and it is incredibly user friendly. There are many platform features available to manage several different workforce tasks for business. As we integrate with ADP we use makeshift for scheduling to provide easy access for our store teams to see their schedule and request days off seamlessly without sending out spreadsheets or printing paper schedules.

Cons

I would like to see improvement with MakeShift as it concerns ADP integration. There are a small number of technical issues with the integration from time to time. Specifically, I would like for MakeShift to potentially display a "vacation" shift when full time associates request paid time off in ADP. As of now, MakeShift will only give you a shift sync error if you unintentionally schedule a shift on a day with a PTO request.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Brandon, thank you for your thorough review! We are so glad to hear that MakeShift has helped streamline your scheduling process and has eliminated all confusion you may have experienced in the past. We also appreciate your comments regarding your ADP integration. Please drop us a note at [email protected] as we do have the ability to sync time off from ADP WFN to MakeShift. We should be able to turn this on very quickly for you!

Mary

Makeshift Review

Makeshift has made it easier to confirm employees ADP schedules, it has taken the guess work out of shifts posted as worked on ADP. Makeshift schedule shows who was on shift, it communicates this to ADP so I do not have to go back to see who was on shift.

Pros

It is very user friendly, I am able to see my staff schedule both weekly and daily, which allows me to see in real time who is currently scheduled to work.

Cons

It can be difficult to post a shift using my phone, I find the amount of fields to be filled out can be time consuming. I don't have the drag and post option that is available when creating shifts on my computer.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Mary, thank you for your detailed comments and feedback!

Rhon

Difficult communication for overtime

Overall good, except with above

Pros

It's easy to see what shifts are open and who's working them

Cons

When you bid on a shift, you should be able to leave a note with it if there's a special circumstance like only available partial shift or if it would be overtime. This inability is beyond annoying when you have to email a scheduler first before bidding in special circumstances

Response from MakeShift

Hi Rhon, thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our product team for future enhancements to our product! If you have any other comments, please feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Top MakeShift Alternatives

Carletta

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Makeshift

Pros

The scheduling is very handy it lets you see when you're working and when your days off our vacation time it's very handy

Cons

Sometimes locks you out and can't sign in

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your review Carletta! If you have difficulties logging in, please feel free to [email protected] and we would be happy to help resolve any issues!

Michelle
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 3/9/2022

Easy Peazy

You are able to clock in from your phone with ease. As a user, I can keep up with my hours, see what my paycheck will be before it is direct deposited. I'm able to see my checkstubs and download or email them. I get my W2's very quickly and can print or share them. This app is fairly user friendly as well.

Pros

Clocking in by either opening the app or quick clock

Cons

Before the update, it was not so user friendly. Since the update, it is better.

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your comments Michelle! We hope that we can continue to improve with each update!

bev

makeshift review

Pros

the conveinence and its easy to read with color coding

Cons

lack of high lighting the current day it kind of blends with the other days

Response from MakeShift

Hi Bev, thank you for letting us know about the current day highlight! We will let our product team know that you are having difficulties seeing it!

Ryan

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

Pros

The integration with ADP is a huge upside. Simple to import employees to the correct locations/departments.

Cons

Past and new employees with the same email will delay an import, but it's easily taken care of by our rep.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Ryan, thank you for your review!

meghan

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

opinion of make shift

so far my overall experience is positive. I have never had any issues in the sense of conflict between picking up shifts, cancelled shifts or last minute call outs.

Pros

I like the ease and convenience of this app. It allows me to see my schedule and pick up shifts from my phone at any moment of the day.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was a way to communicate easier within the app.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Meghan, thank you so much for your review!

Tony
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Great new tech to keep people update

Pros

The most is the instantly updated so everyone can see the schedule fast and at the moment of published.

Cons

Add a shift in the cell phone admin is harder than the desktop.

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your review Tony!

Tyler
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great product

Pros

Easy to use, very sleek and modern design

Cons

Would be nice to add a feature so coworkers could see when a shift is up for grabs

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your review Tyler! We offer the ability for employees to exchange shifts as well as available shifts. If you'd like more information on how to use these features, please check out our support articles at support.makeshift.ca.

Don

Makeshift review

I really like the software because of it's ease of use, particularly with the mobile app and really don't have any issues with it.

Pros

The mobile app is every easy to use and allows our associates to see their schedules and changes plus it allows them to contact other associates for shift changes. It is also very easy to create our weekly schedules.

Cons

The only issue I have with the software (which might be on our IT's side) is when an associate asks for vacation time in Makeshift it does not integrate into ADP like the schedule does.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Don, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear your team has found value in our mobile apps. ADP does not allow us to input time off into their system, however we do offer the ability to sync time off from ADP into MakeShift for scheduling purposes. If you'd like to learn more, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist!

Jenny

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

User-friendly and convenient.

Pros

User-friendly and easy to learn for all users including both schedulers and employees. Easy to see which staff is available on any given day. Being able to integrate with our existing payroll & time and attendance system was a bonus.

Cons

Would like to be able to view or download a monthly version of the schedule. The Positions tab on the Schedule is great to use to see what shifts are unfilled, but it would be cool to have a feature where we can hover over a shift and it could tell us the names of staff that are scheduled for it.

Katya
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

A good product for basic scheduling

Pros

Ease for employee use in viewing schedules, swapping shifts. Integration with ADP Workforce Now

Cons

Onboarding new employees can sometimes be a hassle if they are using Makeshift with another employer. Logging in with ADP Workforce Now credentials is not supported.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Katya, thank you for your review. Signing in with your ADP Workforce Now credentials is now supported for Canada. If you'd like to learn more, please contact us at [email protected] and we can help you get set up!

Replied 11/11/2021
Adisa

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Scheduling Made Simple

MakeShift is an easy solution for scheduling. The integration with ADP is seamless.

Pros

Easy for management to edit and employees to access.

Cons

Duplicate email causes a delay. Luckily, customer support fixes it in a timely manner.

Response from MakeShift

Thank you so much for your review Adisa! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that MakeShift has provided you and your employees value to your business.

Robert

Great Software for Scheduling

Makeshift is a great platform for us to build our schedules in the store. It's also great that it updates and changes in real time when changes are made.

Pros

Being able to import users from ADP. Drag and drop scheduling. Repeating previous weeks schedules.

Cons

Color coding shifts that are not used on the shift template in the weekly schedule. Color coding manager and assistant manager shifts.

Response from MakeShift

Thanks for your review Robert! We hope to have some color coding capabilities in the future and will pass along your feedback to our product team.

Jessica

Easy to Use

Pros

The ease of creating and maintaining a schedule. Adding shifts is extremely easy

Cons

none at the moment. it functions well and is easy to use

Response from MakeShift

Hi Jessica, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that MakeShift has been functioning well for you and your business!

Sheila

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Easy to Use

Pros

MakeShift is super easy to use. It is easy to set up, create schedules and get employee availability. It has been our saving grace as we moved from in-person work to virtual work and training.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more than one time zone per department.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Sheila, we are so glad to hear that MakeShift has been helpful as you shifted to virtual work. We appreciate your feedback!

Replied 11/11/2021
Rana

Rana's opinion

i can see all my shifts at once; very handy; speeds up my work

Pros

very concise, allows many to see calendar and messages in the same time; all in one place

Cons

no ability to communicate back or request partial shift; not all past shifts are there

Response from MakeShift

Hi Rana, thank you for your feedback and review!

Dennis
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Amazing Software

Pros

This software is easy to set up and use. I use it on a daily basisi to keep track of my employees

Cons

None. I have nothing bad to say about this product

Response from MakeShift

Thank you so much for your review Dennis! We are so glad to hear that MakeShift has been easy to use for you!

Diana
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 14/9/2022

MakeShift scheduling

Pros

Ease of use and instant updates on scheduling changes

Cons

No mobile widget for month or weekly schedule

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your review Diana! We will pass along your feedback to our product team for future enhancements!

Rajvir

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Easy scheduling

Overall good app

Pros

Easy scheduling , manage shifts and shift swaps

Cons

Need the ability to edit more and add notes

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your review Rajvir!

Michelle

Good for scheduling

Pros

I like the ease of bidding on available shifts and having a snapshot of my schedule

Cons

I don't like how you have to maneuver all over to get where you want to go, not as user friendly as it could be

Response from MakeShift

Hi Michelle, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback!

JoAnne

Makeshift Review

Excellent

Pros

Ease of Use, very user friendly. Lets me know my shift

Cons

Unable to message through it, would like to be able to message someone specifially sometimes

Response from MakeShift

Thank you so much for your review and feedback JoAnne!

Patsy

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

Pros

Ease of use. No need for phone calls. Can see changes in real time

Cons

No comment as it is easy to use. No concerns from from my end.

Response from MakeShift

Hi Patsy, thank you for your review!

Angel

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

Great app

Pros

Easy to use, understandable, I like it a lot

Cons

Nothing I can think of to be honest.
It's a good app

Response from MakeShift

Thank you for your comments Angel!