About Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is a productivity solution that helps businesses of all sizes create spreadsheets to organize data and perform calculations. The platform enables managers to format and present data in charts, graphs, sparklines,...

4.7

Browse Microsoft Excel Reviews

18,448 of 18,448 reviews
Anoop

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

Excel - Cant Imagine a day without Excel

the overall experience with excel cannot be described in one word or in one sentence. I have recommend all my friends to use the excel in their daily routine. Excel is a part of my daily work and it had simplified all my works.

Pros

I have been using the excel for the past 20 years and the most excel features i use on my daily routine are the pivot table, vlook functions, graphs, calculations and it keeps on going. all the monthly salary calculations, deductions, are all compiled into one sheet and its very easy to share the files with password protection facility. i have purchased both home office 365 and for business. very compatible with the microsoft teams. Another feature of excel is the low

Cons

everything in excel is very easy to learn, but only while using Macro and Micro features, i had found a little bit of difficulties. but using the help button itself, the same can be resolved within few minutes. the total features in excel in overwhelming and i feel like that i have been using only less than 20% of the total features of excel.

Zoho Sheet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Excel is more user friendly. Excel can be accessed across all my devices and also on all platforms. by purchasing, one license, i received 5 extra licenses which i could share with my family. The onedrive feature attached with excel helped me in solving the storage issues too.
Robert

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Spreadsheet Data Management & Analytics

It is great for simple data and quick data filtering. It can quickly fix issues if you are using it for inventory editing and can come in handy for stand alone projects. If you add a lot of different equations in it or use it for larger data, it can become a pain using it. Since it is program on your computer and not cloud based, it can out perform tasks that competitors would struggle with that are cloud based.

Pros

This software is a company standard use for a lot of other programs. It can filter data, create .csv files for upload and download of data, and handles equations to help with data analytics. There are a lot of guides on this program online if you are struggling with a problem and there are plugins that you can use to help make your job faster. Many companies have this as a standard so sending files to others is usually not a problem.

Cons

It is not meant to be used as a database for large data. It can lag out after you get to 60K lines of data. The biggest issue I have with this program is that it likes to convert large number text to scientific notation and you have to constantly do workarounds to prevent it from happening. It has some minor glitches if you have too many different files open at the same time. It is not the greatest with group collaboration because the files are meant to be used as one user at a time. You have to also manually save your files from time to time as you are working. Although you can often times get your file back if it wasn't saved and the program shuts off, it still is a practice you have to get into a habit of doing.

Airtable and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Excel has a longer standing in managing data through sheets. Often times, I would switch between Google Sheets for other projects that require group collaboration. The fact that it is not cloud based and some other program integrations require it makes it difficult to fully get rid of.
Stacy
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Power Excel

Excel is powerful! For the basic function, it is very easy to use. For the advance features, of course, it requires a learning curve.

Pros

Excel is very powerful, we used Excel for the following purpose1) Quote log, log in all the quote information and share among sales. As long as the file is saved in the server ( a share folder that the whole team has access), this can function as the free collaboration tool. 2) Project tracker, we have a template created to track the status and schedule, easy to use. 3) Inventory report, we have formular created and import our monthly sales and stock data to calculate how much more inventory we need to increase. 4) Product flyer with table. We even create a product flyer with excel, especially when there is a table needed in the flyer.

Cons

Unlike word, every page you can set up a different format, the excel has the same format applied to all the pages on the same tab. When creating a product flyer with 2 different styles tabulation, it made us to create two tabs.

Top Microsoft Excel Alternatives

Nathan
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Well, it's an option

A tolerant level of frustration, like accepting your parents or siblings because they're your only family, but they irritate you to no end. It's there and it's all you got because Google cloud apps are blocked by your law firm.

Pros

The pros are thin on this software. I'll list them by number.

1. The software is over 20 years old and has been refined and recreated numerous times over that period.
2. It makes creating lists very easy when copying and pasting information from tables on web forms. It intuitively pastes tables by column and row quite accurately 99% of the time and enables you to take one column as a list and paste it anywhere else. This utility reduces the tedium of quickly conveying information to co-workers considerably.
3. The ability to import data by comma or tab delimited text files is also exceedingly powerful in reducing time spent listing or reporting on specific items in a format that is not conducive to pasting into a table, or perhaps powershell script derived data outputted to a comma delimited text file. As a computer engineer, this takes hours and hours of time and compresses it into minutes.
4. The formulas, while available on Google or other spreadsheets, are also good pros and help with calculating anything you need to do in terms of math from other columns, in my case and in short, capacity and utilization percentages of storage devices on hand.

Cons

What I like least are the frustrating things, and while few, these really irk me and stand out as a problem, especially in creating reports for people using the formulas, math and functions that spreadsheets are best known for. Case in point: The ability to copy and paste just the function into another spreadsheet that is open. It simply does not work unless you tab out of the existing cell and this is because, annoyingly, separate files, completely separate Excel spreadsheets, all act as if they're part of the same file. If I have one spreadsheet xlsx file open and a separate one open where I'm copying and pasting pertinent data from one to the other, it acts as if I'm in the same spreadsheet and the behavior is inexplicably wonky and unusable. I just want to copy the formula plain text as is into the cell of another spreadsheet because I want to use that same math for data related to other irrelevant items. Google Sheets does not do this at all. Maybe this was something Accountants wanted for some crazy reason that I'll never encounter as an engineer. But this is obnoxious and makes me scream at the computer often.

The other con is that I do not like the non-intuitive UI and clunky way to simply save files. It pushes One Drive, and pushes it hard like non stop telemarketing calls. Also, I just prefer the old way to save files. Call me old fashioned but it was simple. I don't need the whole screen to change when cling the file tab.

Jose

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

Advantages of using Microsoft Excel in the financial area of ​​the organization.

Its use is widely used and Microsoft Excel has been constantly incorporating new features, in addition to allowing third-party developers to integrate with Excel, which guarantees its universal use for a long time.

Pros

Microsoft Excel is a preferred tool for most users, in addition to being universally adopted, this allows us to share information with suppliers and customers without worrying if they will be able to open the document. This offers great peace of mind for connectivity and dissemination of information.

Cons

Microsoft excel continues to be a preferred tool in practically all organizations, so that some companies that have adopted the use of open source may have compatibility problems. Obviously it is a path that is beyond the reach of a software developer and the most important thing is the universal adoption of Microsoft Excel.

Juan Carlos
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

Best and valuable tool for small business

It is a easy and fast form to make a TO DO List, employes list, little schedules

Pros

This product is easy to use for begginers users, it has a lot of funcionalities for many kind of business

Cons

The learning curve is a bit long and it has a lot of functionalities that take a long time to learn

Skyler

Reviewed on 3/1/2023

Multiple uses for one program

Very well received program. I use it every day and thoroughly enjoy working with it.

Pros

The multiple options for data gathering and sharing in one space is what I like the most from Excel.

Cons

Some images are difficult to size properly for my intended use. Merged cells sometimes do not cooperate with what I require of them.

Galia

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Microsoft Excel management tool

Pros

Great tool to work with, analyze your data, create perfect pivot tables and use charts to present it clearly

Cons

Can't share with others while working together on the same file

Modesta

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

My daily organizer and worksheet

A spreadsheet for daily productivity

Pros

It helps me stay organized, do my daily work and have efficient collaboration with my team

Cons

Nothing, its just perfect for my daily schedule

José
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

The best spreadsheet software ever.

I use it most for registering data on tables and personal accounting.

Pros

Very robust, limitless use, in-team collaboration.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to deal with many available tools.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Still the best and most comprehensive spreadsheet software around.

I could not undertake my daily work without Excel. I'd highly recommend that user are sent on courses to get the basics rights and then move onwards and move to advanced formulae courses and then perhaps Excel and VBA.

Unless there is a very specific data/numerical task that may have custom software, Excel covers all bases very well indeed.

Pros

When people say Excel they use it as interchangeably as the word spreadsheet and it's now excepted that just saying Excel is to suffice on it's own. There is very little that cannot be accomplished with numbers using Excel. I have used Excel to complete financial statements, carry out financial modelling and valuation.

The UI is intuitive, familiar, and with the continual progression and development of Excel within the office family, it's compatibility and integration is easily done. Years ago I only ever recorded Macros to automate and do mundane or repetitive tasks but using VBA is so much better once you get to grips with it and the VBA editor is user friendly.

Functions and formulae are the real massive strengths. The current ones now, 2020, are some of the most comprehensive and impressive. If you are comfortable with logical math sequences then nested IFs are simple and a must!

Cons

I do love Excel but unless you're on a super monster processor with massive RAM, having references drawing on other sheets or very large data sets, can be very slow to initially process. Where possible it is more efficient to keep the data within the sheet but on other Tabs; but this is not always possible. It is not designed foremost to be a database with the large dataset handling but it does try given time to process.

Josh
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Comes on many computers and is Fantastic especially if included.

I have used Excel for over 20 years and I have not even scratched the surface of what can be done with it. It can do so many things when you need to make calculations, spreadsheets or do something with accounting. I love it and really for me a numbers guy I think it is fun.

Pros

It is so versatile. I use it instead of Calculator as I can easily see what I am calculating. I have made a simple payroll system with it and have used it for many weekly tax calculations. Calculating using fields from other pages is fantastic. Really anything you need to do with accounting can be done with it.

Cons

Two things if you don't have it free with your computer then you have to buy it and it can be kind of expensive and if you want to be able to collaborate and make on the fly changes with others then you need office 365 and you have to pay monthly you can never own it.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Excel

While LibreOffice is the best option for free and that is a software for your computer, my wife ended up getting Microsoft office 365 free from work because of remote work so this is the main reason I have gone to excel as it is a little better and I didn't have to pay for it.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

I do still use google sheets for mine and my wife's budget and we can change it on the fly at the same time if we need online. I used LibreOffice as my main until I got Office 365 from my wife's work. I think Excel is better than the other two in sheer offline and spreadsheet features but not sure I would pay more than about $50 for office 2019 and don't like paying monthly for 365.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

A workhorse for number-crunchers

I've been using Excel for so long, I transitioned from Lotus 1-2-3. It is without a doubt, the standard spreadsheet tool for use in business. The entire Microsoft Office suite is sort of expected when you are collaborating with people in other firms. That long basis as a business standard has led Excel to have a sort of consistency and regularity that makes it very appealing. The complexity I mention above is mostly hidden "under the hood," and beginners can pick it up and start using it for basic stuff pretty quickly. If you need all the power, or you work with people at other companies, there is no other choice but Excel in most cases. For many or most users, however, something like Numbers is probably adequate.

Pros

Excel is full-featured. If you can think of a feature you would want, it probably has it. It may be buried somewhere, but it is there. It is like a powerful sports car in a station wagon body.

Cons

Excel has so many features, it can be difficult to use: All that depth and power leads to incredible complexity. Between the ribbons and the menus, and all of the other user interface "features," it can be like using two or three different programs at once. So many features have been crammed in over the years, it can be hard to figure out what's there and how to get to it. I've helped many beginners with learning Excel, and so much of what is obvious to me is completely opaque to them, and likewise, there are many advanced, number-crunching and heavy-lifting features that I just have no idea about. Most people I work with consider me a super-power-user, and I probably use less than 10% of what Excel can do!

Harshil
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Analysis begins

Best, better and growing at an wonderful levdl day by day. I recommend it to all analysts.

Pros

Calculations and formula interpretation is the major of excel. I worked a lot on data analysis and I used the formula feature frequently. I also like the tutorials and help section in excel. The most feature I like is the Pivot table because it is just an wide level of analysis in a single sheet. Just by putting rows and columns in appropriate way, I can generate a lot of things like revenue, profits, productivity, production data and much more. The Microsoft internal software networking within word, put and excel is too good. The dashboard creation of excel works for me and also speaks for me because it is doing a work of 10 people. I love it.

Cons

My cons are also on formula. I like to have a separate formula section in excel where we are able to see formula which we can used or which are applicable. This update can solve a lot of things automatically without using YouTube.

SAP Analytics Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Because it is world wide acceptable and can be easily modified into a required format. For me, my whole production datas comes in a excel format thus excel is now in my blood .
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I wouldn't be able to do my job without it!

As an Operations Manager of a small company I wear many hats in what I do on a day to day basis (Accountant, CFO, COO, Projects Manager, etc). I use excel to analyze financial data, create/monitor projects, oversee day to day operations, and many more tasks. I wouldn't be able to do my job without Excel and would highly recommend that every organization take advantage of what this software has to offer.

Pros

This software is absolutely essential to my job on a day to day basis. The amount of functionality this software has is incredible (far superior to other products on the market). What I love most about this software is the way you can take raw data and create a formula, algorithm, graph, chart, etc that can tell a very detailed story. As an operations manager of a small company I have to wear many hats and all of my projects typically begin and end with Excel. Even though this product is more expensive to other free alternatives on the market, I would still consider Excel a must-have within any organization.

Cons

The price can be a determining factor for some people given there are free alternatives on the market today, but I would still recommend getting Excel because in the end you are getting more than what you pay for. There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using this software but there are numerous amounts of instructional videos online on how to use some of the complicated formulas this software is capable of. However, with a little bit of practice you will be able to interpret raw data with ease.

Google Slides and WPS Office

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

I chose Excel over these alternatives simply because of the amount of functionality Excel has to offer. I enjoy the User Interface Excel offers and Excel is also more compatible to other devices, programs, and softwares than anything else on the market.

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

The Best Spreadsheet platform in the world (Excel By Microsoft)

Very Good application as a whole. It does what i want it do and what it was designed to be used for.

Pros

If you are familiar with any other Microsoft software such as Word Or PowerPoint for example then it is certain you will immediately understand the way the interface has been designed, which is very user friendly.
I believe that anybody can learn how to use excel because of how simplistic the design is and also because there is even a function button that tells you exactly what you can use to perform a certain action using excel where it even simply gives you the option to search using words what it is you want to do. For e.g if you searched 'plus' or 'add' excel will present you with a function that you can use to add the value of two or more cells together,

Cons

There are not many cons to excel as i feel it is a software that has been designed to do exactly what is expected if it without any issues but if i were to mention a few cons it would be things that do not really have a negative effect on the application has a whole but rather just aspects that could have been improved on.
Excel is not 100%. although there are security features in place like locking editing and so forth nothing prevents another person from simply access the data that may be stored in a table and then mimicking it in a brand new spreadsheet.
Its difficult to troubleshoot when getting an error. Sometimes it may give you an error code but never telling you why exactly for a example maybe a function did not carry out. So now that requires new users to look up the error code to see what it actually means and why certain things are not working for them ehich i feel uses unnecessary time of the user

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Excel

Excel had a wider variety of features and abilities

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Excel is by far the better, more powerful product
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Excel is a Standard for Analysts Across Industries

Using Excel is a great experience. There is a lot that can be done and it can be used to solve a variety of problems from making a guest list for an industry conference to analyzing data to displaying detailed graphics. The interface of Excel is simple yet compact, there are shortcuts for many of the most commonly used functions that frequent Excel users with memorize without even trying. The formulas in Excels are easy to work with and can be learned by individuals who do not have technical backgrounds.

Pros

Over the years the variety of tasks that can be accomplished in Excel has increased drastically. Excel integrates well with the other products in the Microsoft Office Suite doing things such as including Excel spreadsheets and graphs in Powerpoint presentations or embedding them in Word documents. The amount of data that can be analysed in Excel is amazing, a workbook can handle over a million rows and over sixteen thousand columns. The goal seek function is really useful for solving algebraic problems. Data can be displayed concisely with the sparklines. Graphics can be brought to life with conditional formatting to be made presentation ready.

Cons

There are a few downsides with Excel, many of the issues are related to workbooks becoming too large and being difficult to use. When a file gets over thirty megabytes it is prone to freezing or crashing when computationally expensive operations are being performed. The workbooks will sometimes stop responding and Excel will have to force quit and recover the workbooks that were open. Reopening, recovering, and saving the files is a painful interruption that may take several minutes. There are precautions that can be taken to avoid this such as turning calculations off, saving the workbook regularly, and closing out of unneeded workbooks.

SAS-STAT Software

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Excel comes standard with the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite and much of the analysis that could be done with a statistical package can be done in Excel or in SQL and then copied into Excel for data visualization. Excel can also be integrated with statistical packages and the methods for integration is only getting better as time goes on.
Amanda

Reviewed on 15/9/2022

Excel just makes life better

Having multiple reports to create and a large amount of data to sort out I would not want to have to do this without excel, that's for sure. Pivot tables for instance, dramatically cut downtime spent trying to figure out what it is I need at that time. It's done almost instantly, it really is great.

Pros

When I started using excel several years ago I had never seen it or anything like it before. Now I could not imagine life without it. I use it in my spare time just for fun. The features are incredible. I learn something new everyday and it's exciting, especially for someone in my profession where many tasks are time sensitive. Everything about it makes your life easier. My excitement has even rubbed off on to my co-worker who is learning new things everyday and before that never gave it a second thought. If I could have a computer for just one reason it would absolutely be for Excel!

Cons

Tough question. Maybe if I had to say something, it would be the error messages. But then again you can always turn them off!

Rida

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Microsoft Excel - A versatile Software

MS Excel is overall a very great tool. I have been using this software for the past six years. It helped throughout my academic period, and I would give main credit to this software as it made my life easier. I would highly recommend this software to the youngster, and I would suggest they watch beginner videos of this software on youtube.

Pros

Excel has entirely different features, and it eventually substitutes some manual procedures like calculating on excel sheets are much simpler and safer than calculating manually. It helps me in managing my data and keeps my records on a day today. There are a lot of facilities through which I can perform multitasking through this software. I can work on two or multiple sheets at the same time. Functions like SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, MIN, MAX, and many others have played a vital role in saving time and making work more efficient. In short, MS Excel is a versatile software.

Cons

Excel needs a user with proper knowledge about its features and tools. Initially, I could not make the most use of Excel because of a lack of knowledge about the tools and not being familiar with its features, so the process of doing and completing the task was much more complex and sophisticated for me. So at first, it could be a little difficult for the beginners.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Excel: the industry standard for everything about numbers and other meaningful informations

Excel is the swiss army knife and can be used in small and large companies to tackle many many different problems. The most important warning might to to use it more for analisying data than storing it, since it might be difficult to reuse those data stored in Excel spreadsheet. Corporate data better be stored in relational database. Excel can also be a great tool for sharing reports to management, allowing them to explore it in an easy way with filters and pivot tables, as well as automating some tasks for line employee.

Pros

Microsoft Excel is so widespread that reviewing it might seem ludicrous, but I think it is worth sharing my two cents about it and what are its strengths and weaknesses.
Excel is the swiss army knife in any office for dealing with tables and data, not just numbers but also long lists of data coming from the corporate databases. Here lies one if its greatest strenghts: importing data from many formats, by text files or connecting to the databases themselves or, now in the more recent versions, directly from a web page or web table.
Importing, cleaning, formatting, filtering large if not huge tables of data is very handy in Excel, whether they come in plain text format or from the web or a relational database you have the proper rights to connect.
Another area Excel is great at, is also precisely formatting and printing forms with data entry fields an formulas, like printing invoices or receipts. Storing those data entered in the form in a meaningful way though, is not so easy nor straigthforward and requires some programming knowledge.
Excel can be easily enriched with macros or Visual Basic code to perform repetitive actions and tasks, although that might require learning some basics of Visual Basic for Applications that is the version of VB embedded in every Microsoft Office application.
Data analisys with pivot tables is another strength in Excel: it might require a little time to master it for people with no data analisys background, but with little effort it pays off.

Cons

Microsoft Excel is quite an old application, it is well maintained and renewed constantly by Microsoft, both in look and feel and in features. Some less used features, like connecting to a database or data analysis wizards seems to be outdated. Formula debugging features seems to never have been revamped and although feature rich, they can be improved for ease of use.

Ravinder
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Powerful tool for data visualization, analysis, calculation and presentations

We use Microsoft Excel to maintain large data set, perform calculations and data visualization across each department. We also use the excel spreadsheet as a client deliverable format as it is present, graphs and charts are easy to digest and allow easy modification at both ends.

Pros

Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is the most widely used tool across organizations to maintain a large data set in a tabular format, to perform calculations, for visualization and analysis. Excel supports basic mathematical functions including filter, sort, color code, add, subtract, multiply, divide to much-advanced formulas such as pivot table, if-else etc. for data manipulation. Excel has built-in support for macros which can automate your manual task and can save a lot of time. Even if you are naïve user of excel and want to apply some functions, user community support is quite extensive. All you have to do is just type ‘how to do XYZ in excel’ and you would get ready answers. Excel is also very useful tools for basic graphs and charting and if you want to take analytics to a pro-level then it supports integration with advanced analytics tools such as Power BI. Autosave feature and excel subscription as a part of Office 365 allow you to save your excel files on the cloud which can be accessed anywhere using internet connectivity.

Cons

Features on Excel mobile App are somewhat limited. Large size excel file makes your system slow, time-consuming and sometimes it even crashes. If you want pro-level expertise in Excel, you need to undergo training. The good part is that excel online tutorials are widely available across multiple platforms such as YouTube, Courseera, etc.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Regular user of Excel 2019 Pro... I like it!

For the money, it is an overall excellent performer that has never gotten stuck....bug free. It can handle large lists of numbers quite well (up to 1,048,576 rows or 16,384 columns). Obviously, if you need to do data exploration like a Data Scientist on tens of millions of rows then you'd want to look at a different tool. The main target audience is general business. I've used Excel on the job since the mid 1980's.

Pros

Sometimes you might need to record your business travel related expenses and time, to get reimbursed, but you don't have expensive software to track it online. Other times, you might want a quick chart, to explain a trend in some transaction data being measured. Yet other times, you might want to collaborate, to allow other users to update a spreadsheet in real-time without waiting for one user to finish, unlock, then notify the rest. Power users might want to use it's equation solver, such as for a curve fit to some data points. I had written VBA macros behind the scenes, to extract some data to a separate new page, perform calculations, and save a result on a network drive automatically. Excel 2019 is a rock solid performer that does not get stuck. For communicating out your typical company financial reports, Excel is the general industry standard.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to specify different types of curved line charts, bordering on the scientific. At times, making changes is less intuitive, such as when plotting multiple lines on the same chart with a moving average line, and with the kind of intervals and tick mark labels you want. If it just did a little more then I wouldn't need to export the data to something else (like Python) to do it the hard way.

Osuavareghe

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Excel for Small, Medium and Large Organizations

On the overall, I have more than an excellent experience with Ms Excel. I love it.

Pros

Ms Excel is a very cheap yet powerful spreadsheet tool for data manipulation and analysis that produce information that can be used for planning, budgeting and forecasting. Its sorting and filtering, charts and graph, data formatting features help to fine tune data manipulation. Programmers can also use the list feature to ensure that only certain values are entered into those formatted cells. The availability of different currencies is an added advantage. Excel can also be interfaced with Ms Word, Access, PowerPoint and even Ms SQL. The benefit of importing plain text files and converting them to cell values by separator text in those files is something else. I was also able to export the data in Excel to an Access database I worked on for a small sales shop. One great thing about Excel is that it can accept data from scanning devices instead typing obscure data, you can simply scan it into the cells. Linear Problem Programming (LPP) and Project Chart Diagramming is possible with Excel. What more can you ask for? Did I fail its data security features. I was able to restrict user access to certain portions of programmed sheet, plus I I can password the entire file to ensure additional security to the file by scrupulous or malicious individuals. I had it setup on a SharePoint for a shop with different terminals to ensure smooth sales by different sales personnel. Though this required some in dept knowledge.

Cons

What more could I have asked for in Excel that I didn't get? I used Google sheets but still preferred the regular Microsoft Excel.

• Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 28/6/2020

No other Software can replace Excel

Overall perfect software to anylze, make report in spread sheet format, it even really needs if you have even working on ERP.
Now a days almost in every field of business excel is used commonly, Dashboard pivot table reports make data perfect as per your need.

Pros

The major benefits of excel is data arrangement, You can classify data in different ways. Data can be analysed in the form of chart, graph and tables.
Secondly Excel can be connected to ERP. I am using refreshable excel file which is connected to ERP.
Add-on are awesome, specially statistics, pdf export, excel solver optimization with excel solver is really brilliant, in Supply chain it is really useful when analyse, optimization demand/supply scenerios systematically.
Calculation with in tables, conversion, small programms can be initiated and got results accordingly.

Cons

Data restrictions and controlling is not easier specially to track changes and who made changes is not much easier.
Linkage with old data is slower.
File can be deleted no such internal controll is available to restrict it to be deleted.
On large data it became slower.

Amy

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

This Product Has Very Useful and Extensive Capabilities

Elaborating on my favorite features of Excel, the following more specific functions are of tremendous help to me on a regular and ongoing basis:
-The ability to easily sort lists based on any piece of your data, (for example, sorting by last name, by zip code, but dollar amounts, by dates, etc.) On top of that, you can sort by multiple data at once with one click of a button.
-The formulas you can customize and insert into your workbooks are phenomenal. The program essentially does the math for you saving time and effort once you create and insert a formula. These can be very simple or very complex depending on your specific needs.
-The graphs and charts Excel can create based on data you enter into a workbook are wonderful. Often when I create presentations for our board of directors, particularly when reporting on key data, the graphic element these add is incredibly helpful. There are multiple different types of charts and graphs available, and each of those is entirely able to be customized, from font to colors, to data included, and more. Even better, these can be used outside of Excel once created. They are easily copied and pasted into Word, PowerPoint, etc. to suit your needs as well, which I also do pretty frequently.

Pros

Microsoft Excel is truly amazing. I have used it for SO many things including the following:
-Creating simple lists or databases
-Utilizing more complex rules and formulas within my data
-Creating a TON of different type of charts and graphs for data analysis and reporting
These are definitely my top three favorite features and capabilities, and those that I use most frequently. In addition, everything can be customized to meet your needs and preferences in Excel as well. Fonts can be changed in size/type/color/style, cells can be highlighted, and charts and graphs can be customized in these same ways as well.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Excel, but I know that its capabilities are far beyond my knowledge and ability. It can seem complicated, but once you learn how to utilize all of its features, it can truly be an asset in so many ways. A personal goal of mine is to get some more training in that area so that I can take advantage of this software's capabilities to the full extent.