Lavu POS Reviews

About Lavu POS

Lavu is a Point of Sale solution designed for use by restaurants, bars, and nightclubs - from full-service, quick-service, and franchise restaurants, to food trucks, coffee shops, and lounges. Users can choose between bar,...

4.1

Browse Lavu POS Reviews

Joe

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

WE LOVE YOU LAVU!

Pros

Wow! What a great experience switching to Lavu. After an eight year relationship with Toast we have upgraded to Lavu. As a very busy restaurant and bar we were nervous to make such a big change, especially in the beginning of "our season." We can't say enough wonderful things about our experience with Lavu and their incredible support staff. We got to spend the week with [sensitive content hidden]
and they confidently and patiently have trained our entire staff. It has been so helpful to have such a hands on experience. Every single question, request, and concern has been handled immediately. The hardware and network are state of the art. Everything works seamlessly without a glitch. Lavu is extremely efficient. We couldn't be happier with the onboarding experience and all the support from [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

Since we have to say something here, we don't like that they outsource the KDS screens and networking. But they make up for it for sure so it's really not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

We had absolutely no support and have had major invoicing issues over the past few years that they've never been able to resolve.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Support, cost, functionality, efficiency.

Response from Lavu

Hi Joe, thank you so much for sharing and the wonderful testimonial. We are so happy that everything went smoothly and you have enjoyed your experience with Lavu! As always, if you need anything please let us know.

Replied 6/12/2023
Allen

Reviewed on 17/7/2023

New, old, new!

So good so far.

Pros

We've been in business since 2018 and we have used 4 different POS and spoken with many other people who what us to become their POS customer. [sensitive content hidden] was very good and following up and that was why we chose to give Lavu a try. We are looking forward to our new loyal customers program the POS has and a few other perks. All in the all, if we great and have a company be so forwarding thinking and honest.

Cons

Well the worst part of about any POS is the onboarding but that is what it is.

Square Payments and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

They were bough and the POS was being shut down.

Go Local Go Smart POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Affordable and referring by another company person I trust.

Response from Lavu

Hi Allen, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that you are happy and so far everything has been good!

Replied 18/7/2023
Tr

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

Do not trust Lavu with payment information

My longer story is under BF on the BBB website. [sensitive content hidden]
But essentially, after a miserable year of trying to get Lavu to stop incorrectly and excessively charging my credit card. I switched away with a zero balance. Then this morning, a year and a half later, got a new bill for $188 which the customer service representative refused to cancel. When will they stop?

Pros

For a short term, I saved money on processing with Lavu/PayPal over when Square increased their rate, until Lavu started randomly charging amounts to my credit cards.

Cons

Relentless billing issues. New charges without disclosure or agreement. Absolutely incompetent customer service. Less functional product than other POS.

Response from Lavu

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced regarding the incorrect billing. We understand how frustrating such situations can be, and we're truly sorry for any stress this may have caused.
We're glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue promptly and that you were not charged for the bill.
Our team is committed to providing top-notch service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction, and we regret that we fell short of your expectations.
We truly appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process. Should you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We would be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Replied 28/8/2023

Top Lavu POS Alternatives

Jimmy

Reviewed on 12/2/2024

Re-start 2.0

Very good to finally resolve and get the refund on accounts as promised

Pros

Familiarity and previous experience working with Lavu

Cons

Length of time to resolve issues associated with account

Square Payments

Continue relationship 12 years and will continue to to grow

Response from Lavu

Hi Jimmy, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that you have been a loyal Lavu partner and that everything has been resolved. As always, please reach out if you need anything.

Replied 13/2/2024
Greg

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

24/7 support great!, credit card issues, and modifier limits.

Pros

24/7 support, ease of adding and modifying menu items.

Cons

Had issues with the credit card machine, as it doesn't exit sleep mode efficiently, and completely bugged out and had to spend nearly an hour on the phone with support. However 24/7 support is a bonus.
modifier groups could be better set up so that option modifiers can be grouped, instead of having to be put into forced modifiers.

CAKE POS, TouchBistro and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Price of hardware and service. it had all the devices I needed in one system as well as time clock capability which will eventually be used when we expand to hire new employees.

Response from Lavu

Hi Greg, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Lavu. We are happy to hear that our support team was able to assist you. Thank you for the suggestions as we love to hear feedback from our customers. We have forwarded your suggestions along to our team, thank you again!

Replied 2/1/2024
malou

Reviewed on 12/7/2023

Lavu POS is helping us to simplify operations, save lotsoftime, n make our backboneproces...

Our business works better and is more transparent, we get more accurate pictures and we are able to work on items that will bring sales more easily.

Pros

We tried other POS systems but customizing was expensive and they didn't work as we wanted them to. Lavu system multi purpose-built with the features and reporting were right on and we were able to merge it to our own easily and they work great.

Cons

So far anything we have ran across we have been able to solve rather easily and smoothly. We haven't encountered a true negative.

POS Nation for Retail and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Easy to operate, smooth transition, pretty much plug and play with less cost.

Response from Lavu

Hi Malou, thank you for sharing! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far and everything is going well. It is great to hear that your business has been working better and is more transparent!

Replied 13/7/2023
Alex

Reviewed on 8/3/2024

LAVU POS IPAD

It was hard to manage schedules between all parties.

Pros

Ease of setup and on the fly changes made it a preferred candidate for the business.

Cons

Features being locked out until advised by setup team.

Response from Lavu

Hi Alex, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! Please reach out to our 24/7 support team if you ever need anything.

Replied 14/3/2024

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days!
Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc...
The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pros

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Cons

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE!
Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov."
Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

Response from Lavu

Hi John,
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Anita

Reviewed on 3/5/2024

Aunt B's Snacks

Pros

Customer service,and always answers the phone

Cons

Calling and sending text message for upkeep

Tiffany
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 8/4/2024

Lavu POS - 801Treats, LLC

Pros

The acceptence of my small business and the customer service is great.

Cons

I have not used Lavu long enough to say I like a least.

Response from Lavu

Hi Tiffany, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu!

Replied 15/4/2024
Brian

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Good product, hard to find anything that compares.

Pretty good experience overall. Over the years we've had communication issues. There have been some price increases and fees snuck in that I wasn't happy about. I can usually read between the lines and see when they are doing things to attempt to make.. and they haven't always been the most upfront about it. I usually call them out on it and at times have had to email the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] about issues that weren't getting resolved. I will say he's immediately gotten on the issues each and every time I've email and gotten me taken care of. Years ago there were some pretty bad issues with the service going offline and we were totally down. This has gotten 1000% better since they switched to AWS hosting. We did have another several hour outage recently, but that's the first and only one in years.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, stable for the most part. We've been using the software for 7+ years I believe. Over time we've integrated and started using more and more of their products such as KDS and card processing. Recently restructured their pricing and we now get the same service for less!

Cons

At times, certain things could be easier. I don't think the pizza building is perfect and could still use work. This goes for both Lavu and MenuDrive. We make it work and they've made lots of improvements over the years with help from our input.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian! First off, I'd like to thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments, and we are continuously improving our product to fit the needs of each customer.

Replied 11/5/2022
Stephanie

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Not really for Bars

We're a high volume craft beer bar. It can start tabs. It works for now. If the complaint list keeps growing, we'll have to switch. It works fine, but when it doesn't work, it totally halts service.

Pros

I guess it's easy to use, but it's kinda clunky. Programming is inconsistent across different devices. The speed is ok. It does what I need it to do, which the #1 reason I went with Lavu over Square was that you could start a bar tab with a preauthorization.

Cons

LAVU complaints

Should get Free set up support 1 month a year; if there is an update we should get free support
Quick serve shouldn't disappear
Can't Add a cc to an existing tab - currently deletes the new order
Needs Select and Repeat button
Needs Fewer approval buttons
Should Show change on screen
Should add auto grat to total tips
Can't Change auto grat, % or amount
On tip page, be able to enter tip or total, and show total.
Entered tips should disappear from screen - be able to filter list
On End of Day reports page, discounts and auto grat need to be included. Auto grats dont go to the business. Service charges do.
Auto grats need to show on payments page
Chip cards cant start tabs. Cant have 2 processors in lavu - chip card and swipe card types
Tip screen times out , and deletes entered tips

Response from Lavu

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your review. It's extremely helpful for us to hear how Lavu works for all restaurant types, including bars. We are constantly improving our product so that it runs seamlessly for every customer.

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

Worst small business pos system ever

We bought into Lavu when we first opened because it seemed user-friendly and fairly simple. We really only have a few products, so it should be a. no-brainer right? NO. Unfortunately for us, we integrated it into our online menu and electronic menu and it's tied into everything on the back end. So the MANY. MANY times we thought about switching to another POS system, it just seemed like too much of a hassle. Well, here we are again, absolutely regretting sticking with them. So tired of their horrible customer service, which consists of waiting on hold forever and eventually getting connected with someone overseas. No one ever knows what you're talking about and if they transfer you, you have to start all over from scratch, including your name and what company you're from and what the problem is. Their fees are high. Their technology is outdated. Their upgrades actually make it harder and make it take longer to check a customer out. It is ridiculous that amount of steps you have to take to have a customer pay.

Pros

Nothing now. They have gotten significantly worse over the years.

Cons

Customer service is horrible. Updates are horrible. Them keeping you in the loop? Horrible.

Response from Lavu

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had. As far as I know, the issue has been resolved and there are no further concerns. If this is not the case, please do let us know. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Replied 17/10/2023
Murtaza

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

Lavu POS

Pros

Lavu POS is a very easy-to-use iPad-based POS. I have been using it for more than 7 years and it has improved from time to time. The ease of setting up a menu online through the Lavu control panel in no time is a blessing you can set multiple modifiers and group modifiers for all the items. The customer order-taking process is very smooth & quick for the staff as they can add the food or beverages item send it to the Kitchen the items will be printed on the respective station. Lavu POS suits our restaurant environment as we have seating arrangements upstairs and downstairs everything works flawlessly with the old apple routers that we have been using.

Cons

They have been fixing most of the glitches from time to time. We started using Lavu Retro that was the most stable version of Lavu since that there have been so many changes current version is 5.0. It works slow during busy hours but not most of the time.

The item adds up to the receipt multiple times which makes the reconciliation difference in the end-of-day report. The printer stops working sometimes so we have to close the app and reopen it again.

Response from Lavu

Hi Murtaza, thank you for your review! We love hearing from our customers. We are always working towards making our product the best it can be!

Replied 7/7/2022
Clay

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Stay away. This company is so unorganized and the customer support has gone WAY downhill.

I just wanted to inform people of my experience. I wouldn't recommend using this company to anyone. Borderline criminal activity. After I decided to stop using them they continue to keep charging my card every month and when I call in to get this stopped and ask for a refund I just get looped around in circles. It honestly has taken me 10-15x of me calling in to finally get someone who will eventually refund my card. To be honest that was for the first time and the second time they still haven't even refunded me. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Pros

The cost was the only benefit of this software when I launched it 2 years ago. After they increased the pricing (with absolutely no warning) it was inline with most of the other softwares which are much more robust.

Cons

Where do I begin. Honestly, we had so many issues I don't know where to start listing the problems. There are many.

Response from Lavu

Hi Clay, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from our customers. Our customer support team now has multiple locations in a few different countries, and we are available 24/7. We're sorry to see you go, but if you have any questions, we'd love to chat.

Replied 7/7/2022
Debbie

Reviewed on 2/9/2023

❤️ LAVU❤️ It's a must for your Bar/Restaurant!

We, as a business, Love our new system..I would recommend this system to anyone. We was treated by respect and professionalism from are 1st phone call.Beginning with basic information: explaining everything in detail, sending us videos and answering all our questions. We researched many other POS systems and LUVA was hands-down our first choice because of their fast response and the details they offered.

Pros

Everything! It's so user friendly. Reports are amazing. Makes book keeping a breeze. This system will track everything from sales, inventory, hours worked into great detailed reports. Our bartenders love it. Screen are easily read, and so easy to use.

Cons

There are a few problems we found with splitting and merging tickets. A simple call to tech and was fixed with in minutes. We also have a few things that we can't charge taxes or credit card fees on. You will have call tech to remove these these charges.

Response from Lavu

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far. As always, if you are ever in need of support, please reach out!

Replied 5/9/2023
Malaika

Reviewed on 4/12/2022

Customer service

Great

Pros

Always prompt and efficient . They walknuoubthrough to make sure that you have gotten through, and that you are comfortable.

Cons

It does not link my inventory and doesn't have the capacities to do so

Lightspeed

Customer support and price

Response from Lavu

Hi Malaika,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. It is great to hear how well Lavu is working for you. If you ever have any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Replied 7/12/2022
Scott

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Great customer service

Using Lavu has made it easier to do online ordering and takeout meals. Reports are much better than our last POS.

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Customer service is always nice and helpful, stays on the phone, and then follows up afterward. Like the control panel and reporting.

Cons

Price point - it can be more pricey than expected.

Response from Lavu

Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant! It's great to hear from our customers about what they specifically love about Lavu. Please reach out if you need anything!

Replied 23/8/2022
Dennis

Reviewed on 28/9/2015

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system.

Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus.

The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out.

The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Response from Lavu

Hi Dennis, thanks so much for your feedback. We're so happy that you chose to use Lavu for your restaurant, and that it is working well for your operations. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Gabriela

Reviewed on 1/7/2022

Good pos system

Good system, very easy to set up and use to the servers

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly for the new hires

Cons

Some of the reports we need are not ready

Aloha Cloud

Price

Response from Lavu

Hi Gabriela, thanks for your review! We are happy that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are also constantly updating our reporting options, so we will keep you posted.

Replied 6/7/2022
enung

Reviewed on 4/9/2017

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Pros

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Cons

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

Response from Lavu

Hi Enung, thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. We're sorry that you had some billing difficulties with Lavu, and we would love to hear more details. Please reach out to us at (855) 767-5288.

Ahmad

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Best software and easy.

Easy to use and the customer service are amazing.

Pros

Easy to use the pos while you are busy.

Cons

The customer service is one of the best customer service ever.

Response from Lavu

Hi Ahmad, thank you for reaching out and letting us know how happy you are with Lavu! We're always eager to help if you have any issues.

Replied 14/2/2022
Monique

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

Hungry Eyes

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Love it! Would recommend

Cons

The inventory part it needs to be changed and or updated

Clover and Toast POS

Easier and customer service

Response from Lavu

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing how much you like Lavu!

Replied 21/3/2022
Cindi

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

My experience with Lavu

I have been very satisfied with this company.

Pros

The ease of navigating through all the different functions available.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything that I have felt is worth complaining about or suggesting changes.

Response from Lavu

Hi Cindi,

Thanks so much for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. The Lavu team really appreciates hearing about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Replied 4/11/2022
Douglas

Reviewed on 14/8/2023

Chef

Payroll POS online and

Pros

Customer service support is excellent!!!

Cons

Nothing really even when something is wrong smoothly work out

Response from Lavu

Hi Douglas, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that you are happy.

Replied 17/8/2023