TaxDome Reviews

About TaxDome

TaxDome is a practice management platform that helps tax, accounting and bookkeeping firms, as well as CPAs and EAs, manage both internal processes (workflow, CRM, reporting, secure document storage) and client-facing activities...

Browse TaxDome Reviews

3,046 of 3,046 reviews

Reviewed on 16/5/2023

All-In-One Accounting Practice Management

CRM, DMS, portal, payment processing/collections, eSignature

Pros

I like that TaxDome is all-inclusive, everything I need to manage my practice is in one package.

Cons

I do not like the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time, or to pay three years in advance for the best price. This is a barrier to adoption for new and/or small practices, like my own.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

TaxDome's features won me over.

Pipedrive and ShareFile

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

They either lacked the features I wanted, or were even more experience.

Response from TaxDome

Hi James!

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your kind words regarding our platform's all-inclusive nature and its ability to fulfill your practice management needs.

We understand that the requirement to pay for an entire year at a time or to pay in advance for multiple years can present challenges, particularly for new and small practices like your own. We genuinely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our pricing structure is designed to offer the best value and ensure that our clients receive the most competitive rates.

We encourage you to reach out to our customer support team. They may be able to explore potential options or discuss alternatives that could better suit your practice's specific requirements. We genuinely value your business and want to ensure that you can fully leverage TaxDome's capabilities without feeling constrained by the payment structure

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and your willingness to share your thoughts with us. Your input is invaluable as we strive to enhance our platform and provide a seamless experience for all our users. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Have a nice day!

Replied 29/5/2023
Maria

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

A big help for my business

I am still setting it up to get more out of it, and I am still learning. Once I have it all figured out I think it's going to help me improve in efficiency and cut the time consuming repetitive tasks. Even with the price increase, it's going to help my business grow so it will help the bottom line.

Pros

All-in-one service: client portal, website, documents in the cloud, electronic signature, client management, client communication, etc. Time saving features with automation, bulk emails, among other things. Highly customizable. You can request one on one sessions with the very knowledgeable staff for setting up and questions at no additional charge.

Cons

The learning curve. This is a very useful service and since it's customizable you have to learn how to use it and it's not easy for the amount of features it has, which is a plus, but you have to put the time to take advantage of it.
The price was very competitive when I started using it a couple of years ago, and they claimed that it was going to stay the same forever, but it was increased dramatically a few months ago. Still, I have renewed for 3 more years at the higher price because I think it's worth it.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

My website was created in Weebly, the client portal was with SmartVault, I used Encyro for electronic signature, my web address was hosted in another service. Now I have everything together in Tax Dome, plus I have the client management system and automations of tasks, that I didn't have before.

SmartVault, Weebly and Encyro

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Client reviews. It seemed like the best option for my business.
Kathy
Kathy

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

If you don't have Carpal Tunnel, you will

The system has everything you need; just badly placed and organized, creating more work than necessary. That is why onboarding is so confusing.

The Dashboard has NOTHING I need to see when I open the software up; nor is there an option to customize it.

The ONLY problem solved was the ability to work remote...BUT the irritation of having a system that will randomly slow down and requires 7 clicks to get to where you need to be is a slow drip of torture.

The price is okay if you have a team of 1 or 2. But because this actually is a system that created more work it is an expense vs an investment.

Its okay for someone with 50 files in a year. I have over 500. So it is NOT built to save time and money. It's built to just have everything in there.

Pros

The features are all there except for scheduling; Contact, communication, document management with client portal - but poorly organized.

Cons

The design of this platform is not thought out, to say you have all features- then throw it all in there with no real thought on how to be efficient doesn't build value.

For example, the journey to go from a contact comment back to the document that was being reviewed takes over 7 clicks. SEVEN CLICKS. Working one file can take over 100 clicks, multiply that by 8-10 files in a day... my hand is in pain by the end of the day from all the clicking... and scrolling. Every activity takes over 5 clicks from one thing to the next.

The goal of software is to build efficiency. It is easier for me to open a paper file and review and makes notes by hand then it is to use this software. The actual functionality of this system was not done by a software designer who didn't understands how to build an efficient system. It's like a house with the all the appliances and furniture that go in a house shoved into the living room; its all there you just have to sort through a lot to get what you need when you need it. Without an organized design you are creating too many moves and means wasted time, which means wasted money.

The purpose of software is to cut time and in return save money, this system in the 2yrs I've used it, has added time to my workload. To say the least I am shopping to get out of it, or i'll end up needing surgery for carpal tunnel.

Canopy and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The list of features; unfortunately the presentation of the features gave the impression of organization...

Response from TaxDome

Hello Kathy.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our software is not that great and that you are not satisfied.
We are in a constant search for solutions that would cut down the actions you have to perform, or let us say, the number of clicks one has to make in order to get something done. We are trying to make the software as easy as possible.
Since the software is complex, and contains plenty of features, it may take much time to get everything to work and be available just in a few clicks.
We assure you that we are doing our best to improve the system and the layout.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied 31/3/2022

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Isaac
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 9/4/2024

The Creative and Accurate Accounting Solution

TaxDome has dynamic accounting solutions, that makes the computation of tax suitable.

Pros

TaxDome includes all the taxation management features that helps companies comply.

Cons

TaxDome has appropriate tax and accounting assistance.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TaxDome! We're glad to hear that you find our platform to be a creative and accurate solution. Your feedback about the dynamic accounting solutions and suitability in tax computation is greatly appreciated.

We strive to provide comprehensive tax and accounting assistance, and we're always working to improve our services. Thank you again for your review and for choosing TaxDome!

Replied 20/6/2024
Anne

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Tax Dome is Awesome

The product and service are exceptional. I switched from Click-up.

Pros

Ease of use. Value for the money. Customer support.

Cons

Getting two signatures from two different people with one email address is difficult.

I am very concerned about pricing and product features going forward with the company growing so rapidly.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy to hear that you find our software. We aim to provide the best service and experience for our users.

Regarding your e-signature feature concern, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. If you would like to contribute ideas, please do so by submitting a feature request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

We also understand your concern about pricing. We know that this can be a worry for some users, and we want to assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our system and provide more features and benefits for our users. We will always strive to make our system worth your investment.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Kurt
Kurt

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

After Careful Review...

Pros

We loved the ease of setting up clients in the portal and believe it is the best setup experience for our clients.

Cons

I wish there were more AI integrations for email and more APIs for tax organizer customization

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

User experience, broader feature set, and cost

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We preferred the workflows and automation

Response from TaxDome

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are thrilled that you loved the ease of setting up in our portal. We are always aiming to provide you with the best user experience.

We are sorry to hear that you wish there were more AI integrations for email and more APIs for tax organizer customization. We are always working to improve our features and functionality. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Krista

Reviewed on 11/8/2023

Tax Dome is helping us save money and have peace of mind.

So far it's great! We believe this will be a game changer when it comes to managing our workload this next busy season.

Pros

We like the fact we now have a all in one portal, document storage, workflow management, and CRM in one place.

Cons

I wish I could open all the client files at once to see everything. I wish is was a little easier to move files between related accounts - If someone uploads a document to there entity account, that should be in their individual account, it's a little cumbersome to move it to the correct account.Printing from Drake when using Right Networks. It can be done, but it costs quite a bit more.

Trello and Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We felt this was a little easier to use, and an associate of mine is using it, so I thought it would be easier to collaborate on best practices.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Krista,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 10/10/2023
Christopher M.
Christopher M.

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

I will put all my eggs in this basket

Pros

Right when I think that they haven't thought about something I want, I discover it. Their support is ready and available when I need it -- and even late at night when they're offline! I am very pleased and it takes a lot to make me want to make the move.

Cons

There is not much to complain about coming from Canopy. What I would say is that I wished the "onboarding" was a more hands-on approach -- however, I respect their process because it has helped me learn the program so much more!

Response from TaxDome

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you find our software satisfying and that you discover new features that you want. We are always trying to provide you with the best service and support.

We are glad that you respect our process and that it has helped you learn the program so much more. We are always working to improve our onboarding process and make it easier and more enjoyable for you. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 5/11/2023

Perfect solution for accounting firms!

Pros

I like how it had all inclusive features, though I believe some could be consolidated and flow better, I know that all firms are built differently which is why they have the setup they do.

Cons

The ONLY thing I do not like it that you can't setup more intricate workflows for automated movement in the client pipeline, but again it's understood as to why.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome seemed to offer the best platform and features, for the best price as well.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy to hear that you like our diversity of features, which help you manage your tax practice more efficiently and effectively. We appreciate your understanding of our setup, which aims to accommodate the different needs and preferences of different firms.

We also value your feedback on the limitations of our workflows. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our system. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Jae
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 12/6/2024

Super easy and convienent

Pros

This makes doing taxes so much easier than other options I’ve used before

Cons

Nothing bad to say other than sometimes it can be a pain to load but otherwise is good

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! 🌟 We're thrilled to hear that you found our service super easy and convenient. We appreciate your understanding regarding the occasional loading issues and are constantly working to improve our platform. Your support means the world to us! 😊

Replied 20/6/2024
Kristin

Reviewed on 24/4/2020

Saved Our Firm

TaxDome has saved our firm. There is no way we would have survived tax season with out it. I highly recommend this product. It brings everything all into one place. Document storage, portal and work dashboard.

Pros

This is super easy to use and get set up.

Our clients love the portal. We love how status updates can be automatically sent to the client to keep them in the loop of what stage their tax return is in.

Customer service is amazing. If you have questions, there is a chat feature and they respond very quickly.

Since this is a new product they are always adding new features.

We like how there is a to do list & kanban view of tasks. We also love the messages feature where you can send direct messages to the client.

Cons

This is a new product so there are still a few features missing. They are working on adding e-signature for 8879's which would have been great to have during tax season. They are adding new features all the time so hopefully this will be available soon.

It would be nice to be able to put notes on the face of the kanban cards so you can see them by just glancing at them and not having to open them up.

There is no way of knowing if documents have already been downloaded. If a client uploads tax documents, there is no way to know if anyone else in the firm has already downloaded them or if new documents have been uploaded there is no way to distinguish them.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We felt like we really didn't know what we needed to work on. We were still keeping track of everything in spreadsheets.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one features. It was like both Karbon and Canopy all in one. The cost is great too.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Kristin!

Thanks for the review. KBA is available for 8879s - https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

Check out the recent blog post on the release of Jobs, which will allow you to leave notes on a Job (card in a pipeline) - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/13/jobs_redesign.html

Replied 27/8/2020
NANCY

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

Exactly what I've been looking for

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Pros

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 21/7/2021
Patricia

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Great but ready for improvements.

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Financial Cents, Canopy, Jetpack Workflow, ClickUp and Asana

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Replied 19/7/2021
Abbey

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

Best All In One Software - I've tried them all

TaxDome support is incredibly responsive and useful. The implementation time was minimal for this software. I got my workflows set up in a day and was working in the software pretty efficiently within 3 days. My clients LOVE the portal and it sets me apart as an accounting firm because our communication is consistent, timely, and they know where to find me.

Pros

I love that it has all of the features I really wanted for a great client experience and workflow management. The client portal is phenomenal. The Workflows are easy to setup and the templates are a great starting point. Not too complex and not too simplistic

Cons

I wish that recurring tasks customized to a specific client could be built into a recurring pipeline job instead of having to link recurring tasks when they're created. I can tell this feature is missing because of the way the software was designed to streamline the workflow management experience which is otherwise phenomenal. The minor inconvenience of linking a task to a job after the fact is minimal compared to the rest of the benefits I have from this software.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I mostly used ClientHub prior to switching and I switched mostly because it was too simplistic and not as secure. The client portal was decent in ClientHub but this one is better. Workflows were great in ClientHub but TaxDome has the potential to be even better.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All three of the softwares I had been evaluating prior to finding TaxDome each had some of the features I wanted but none of them had them all. Ultimately Karbon was too complex and time consuming to setup for my small accounting firm, Client Hub was too simplistic and not secure enough, and Canopy was geared more toward Tax only rather than both tax and accounting/bookkeeping.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback, Abbey! we appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. If there's still missing feature that you would like to add in TaxDome especially related Task and Pipeline, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . Feel free to reach out to our team. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 9/9/2021
Patrice

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Pros

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Cons

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Dubsado, Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Acrobat Sign and Trello

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 3/12/2021
Dale
Dale

Reviewed on 5/2/2022

Great for small practices

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Pros

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Cons

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook and SuiteDash

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Replied 30/3/2022
Tyler

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 11/7/2022
Brandon

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Automation, Billing, Communications, Invoicing and Docs under one roof!

Pros

Working with automations has relieved a lot of work in our practice.

Cons

When we review docs to work, we rename them. We previously used the browser but it was taking too long to rename, click save and move forward to the next.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
You have the ability to preview docs and by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner to access the pop-up menu that allows you to edit them. To learn more about managing your documents, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/233-how-to-edit-download-print-filter-documents#2

Replied 28/9/2022
Ryan

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Finally Someone Gets It!

Pros

The Simple Simplicity Of The GUI & Product Design, Endless Intuitive Customizations.

Cons

Need more dashboard features to complete preparer payroll & commission; card vault

Canopy and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I wrote a custom solution for our firm in Power Automate; and realized that the upkeep there was untenable. I found TaxDome to be the same solution that I had created in my own imagination!

Price

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Ryan. Your feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that you like the possibility to customize almost everything in TaxDome.
We would like you to know that our development departments are working all the time on improving the software. The Dashboard has been recently changed to Insights, and now you have different options.
User feedback is incredibly important to us, and we love to get feedback and ideas from our customers. We would appreciate it if you would share your thoughts on what can be added to the dashboard features that would improve your efficiency. You can share your ideas by submitting requests to our Feature Request Board, or by sending a reply to this response.

Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Replied 9/12/2022
Liz

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Exceptional Platform for Tax Professionals and Bookkeepers.

Pros

TaxDome is an all-in-one service platform very helpful to tax professionals. I enjoy the different templates as it helps me to provide a more professional look and feel to my clients. I also enjoy the ability to import my clients in a batch rather than one by one. Being able to communicate and do invoicing right from Tax Dome is a win win.

Cons

I was trying to do this all on my own and found the platform overwhelming and I gave up 2 years in a row. But I know TaxDome offers what I need to take my small tax and bookkeeping practice to the next level, so I decided to take advantage of their great customer services support team and it was the best decision I could have made.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Liz,
Thank you for your kind review, It is valuable to us!

We're glad to hear that our platform has helped you provide a more professional look and feel to your clients, and that you find the ability to import clients in bulk and communicate and invoice through the platform to be convenient, and found TaxDome to be the solution you needed. We're also glad that you had a positive experience with our customer service support team. Please know that we give our best to assist our clients during the setup since we understand that it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, therewith we offer free and unlimited chat and email support, free screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also find us on Youtube, and Facebook and you can check our TaxDome Academy

We're here to help you succeed, and we appreciate your feedback.

Replied 12/1/2023
Heidi

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

Saving me so much time

TaxDome has eliminated so many of my tracking spreadsheets and freed up so much time for me. The client portal is a serious upgrade from what I was using before as well.

Pros

I love the task management and pipeline features of Tax dome. Automating tasks is a lifesaver.

Cons

I would like to see more time tracking features, being able to have my team clock in and out for the day, and then track their time across all tasks and breaks would really be helpful and eliminate another bulky spreadsheet. Also the addition of a budget for each task, so we can track the budgeted time for each task/job and compare to the actual time our employees spent on it.

Canopy and Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I needed to free up the time I was spending each week and month maintaining task trackers, client trackers, tax return trackers, etc in Excel and I needed a new client portal.

Microsoft Excel

Response from TaxDome

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

Replied 27/4/2023

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

TaxDome CRM Review

Pros

I was looking for several different features for managing my practice in order to get it ready for growth - with a few of the other CRM tools I was looking at, it was going to require heavy configuration and hefty consulting rates. When I found tax dome I found that many of the features I needed were already built in. Excited to see how the program ultimately functions in a live setting - but it certainly looks like it will meet my needs.

Cons

So far so good - a little disappointed in support for now. I had a 45 minute call with a representative on a Thursday and was promised a follow-up message by the next day. It's been a week and I've sent two emails to them and still no response. Even if my issues aren't resolved yet - it would be nice to have at least received an acknowledgement.

Atom and Method CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Tool wasn't designed for accounting and I've outgrown what it can do for me.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

More of what I needed was native to TaxDome.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

I really apologize for the inconvenience you mention about your report, if the problem persists, please contact us at our email: [email protected] we'll do our best to help you.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Replied 5/7/2023

Reviewed on 6/7/2023

Canadian accounting firm review

Pros

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Cons

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Financial Cents, Karbon and Firm360

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 18/7/2023
Juliana

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Works right out of the gate

really good experience so far. Automating recurring tasks, due dates, automated forms will be huge for my business.

Pros

The client portal is so easy! it's saving my life helping me be so much more organized. I used smartvault before and this is way more bang for the buck.

Cons

The arrangement of accounts versus contacts is not my favorite but it's getting the job done. I am very excited about getting all my projects set up on automated pipelines although the learning curve has been steep for me. I was able to migrate, get organizers set up and send the portal link to all clients in one day. Editing templates and figuring out the workflow is taking me a lot longer but I believe the set up will be worth it's weight in gold in 2-3 months! Pricing had a little bait and switch on the annual contract agreement. Would be nice if the "$50 monthly" price didn't seem like a trick due to the 3 year advance contract requirement.

SmartVault, Canopy and Firm360

SmartVault's portal SUCKS

SmartVault and Asana

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

better fit for my practice, ease of trial

Response from TaxDome

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you are finding our client portal easy to use and that it has helped you become more organized. We understand that switching to a new system can be challenging, and we appreciate your patience as you learn the ropes.

Please know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests

Regarding pricing, we would like to inform you that the recent change we made to our pricing system is to better match the value of our software and its features. We also understand the importance of consistency in pricing for our long-term customers. Therefore, we have provided an opportunity for firms to keep paying the same price as before with our multiple-year plans. We want to assure you that we do not have any tricks or bait in our pricing. We always strive to be transparent and upfront with our customers about our pricing and terms. If you would like to learn more about this change, please take a look at this article : https://taxdome.com/pricing

Replied 9/3/2023
Adawn

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Guiding clients to upload needed documents in the right places before staff start working

We are cutting the time we spend on obtaining client documents and signatures significantly.

Pros

The flexibility of the portal is outstanding compared to other solutions we reviewed. Especailly for our tax resolution clients which make up over 89% of our client base. When we have a client that has not filed taxes in multiple prior years TaxDome makes requesting, obtaining and organizing this data automatic through the use of customized organizers with document requests embedded that link to the specific folder we need that document loaded to. Priceless!! Cuts that time we are paying team members to chase clients for data down by more than half!

Cons

I do wish that for the price Tax Dome was able to not only download tax transcripts but also provide the analysis and reporting that Tax Help Software provides. If they could do that we would be over the moon!

Response from TaxDome

Hello Adawn,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request.

Replied 13/7/2023