LinkedIn Learning Reviews

About LinkedIn Learning

LinkedIn Learning is designed for professional improvement, with thousands of courses available in various segments, such as business and technology. LinkedIn Learning is also where you can find customized content for your team,...

4.7

Browse LinkedIn Learning Reviews

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 13/8/2023

One of the best online learning platforms for professionals

I enjoy using several of these online learning platforms including Skillshare, Lynda, and Udemy, but have always been disappointed with their free features. LinkedIn Learning offers a wide variety of options at no cost to the user. This makes this platform stand apart from the rest of the pack.

Pros

I like the wide variety of topics covered in the videos, and the sheer quantity of content is staggering. The free version of the app also offers a plethora of features, and anybody can learn many different skills using this platform.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the app is the lack of interactive features associated with each video. The content is predominantly just videos, and lacks the fully immersive classroom features that comes with platforms like skillshare.

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

One of LinkedIn's best functionality for self-development

- LinkedIn Learning is a wonderful platform for learning and self development. If you have the opportunity to have a premium subscription in LinkedIn, then should take advantage of this learning platform. This is a best way to boost your LinkedIn profile and skillsets as well!

Pros

- LinkedIn Learning has so many online courses and topic to offer. You can watch all of them if you are subscribed to LinkedIn Premium, and some are accessible also even if you are using the free version of LinkedIn.- Learning module is accessible via website and it also has an independent app in Play Store or App Store.- Courses can be watched on the go, and you can even see your progress- After finishing a course, you can have a certificate which you can show in your profile

Cons

- The only problem I dislike about LinkedIn Learning is that, if you finish a course, and suddenly you are not having a premium subscription, that finished course is already inaccessible even if you have finished it before

Natalia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

It can be useful for some aspects but it feels like its missing quite a lot too

It is ok for the price of subscription and from time to time it is worth to check as some of the training is really good quality but it does feel like it is missing a lots of good training.

Pros

The videos and the way they are organised is easy to digest (short sections). It is good to have the test of knowledge at the end of the chapter. There are some interesting subjects and useful learning.

Cons

Mostly focused on the US, for example with HR training some things do not apply. It feels like it is missing some key training like how to recruit, use metrics, KPI, different job boards or even Linkedin. It can be my poor way of searching but I used different key words and checked some that came up and there were just mostly 1-5 minutes parts in some other training that briefly mentioned the subject I was looking for about the recruitment, KPI's in recruitment etc.

Top LinkedIn Learning Alternatives

Digital Competencies

Skillshare for Teams

Lana

Reviewed on 13/2/2024

My opinion

LinkedIn Learning give me a excellent experience for my work. I develop my skills

Pros

LinkedIn Learning helps me to improve my skills. I develop the skills need for my careers and growth

Cons

Some of LinkedIn Learning courses is expensive

Danielle
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Upscaling Our Professional Development

We are now able to use one system to support all employee development needs except those requiring medical-related skills training. Our support reps have been actively engaged, scheduling regular meetings, creating usage reports, and providing engagement resources.Our training team is able to refer leaders to LIL to utilize resources that support their specific developmental needs within their teams - both soft and hard skills. We average about 44% engagement rate, which we’ve been told is typical for our organization size.

Pros

LinkedIn Learning offers something for everyone in our organization. That was ultimately why we chose it over other platforms. We also love the short learning clips which make it extremely user-friendly!

Cons

While the search features are great, sometimes there are still a lot of options to wade through to find exactly what you need. Employees also have clear preferences for more engaging instructors. Many instructors focus on philosophical presentations rather than practical applications. Practical engagement is a clear win for our employees.

BizLibrary, Skillsoft and Udemy Business

Reasons for Choosing LinkedIn Learning

Looking for one source that would provide professional development options for all employees

BizLibrary

Reasons for Switching to LinkedIn Learning

Cost comparison and course library options that would meet all employee needs
Abin
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

Best learning platform

The overall experience with using LinkedIn Learning is best. I have the facility to add all the completed courses to my LinkedIn account at ones and make it known to all my potential employers know what I have completed and what I know. One other I like is that LinkedIn learning has almost all the courses that we ever want to succeed in a specific role in an industry. So we have one single platform for everything.

Pros

The most feature that I liked is the option to find all types of courses that relevant to specific industry and having a learning path pre set with all the courses for those who wants to study relevant to an industry specific role. I use the learning path and it has all the courses in it (like a playlist) to learn and practice for the specific designation selected to pursue.

Cons

Based on my current experience with LinkedIn learning I have had only good experience and I don’t see anything that’s seems to be least factor. Although, I could say on some courses they have a video showing questions/challenge and then one other set of video as answers, the only issue here is that we have to play all the videos to complete the module and we cannot skip nor fast forward to complete the module. Beside that it’s all well laid out courses and the platform for professional career growth.

Craig
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 7/8/2022

LinkedIn Learning mostly delivered on promise

We don’t use LinkedIn Learning as a LMS. Instead, we have an existing LMS and use LinkedIn Learning specifically for content. It’s weird but it works really well, and we couldn’t be happier with our current set-up.

Pros

The sheer quality and quantity of courses is astounding. Also, the breadth of topics is impressive, and continues to grow. LinkedIn Learning really is the premier place for professional microlearnings.

Cons

The courses all have the same feel, no matter how distinct the subject matter. Specifically, the way the speakers behave and background all feel too similar. I’m sure it’s on purpose, but I think a little more visual variety would be a good thing.

Joao
Joao
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/9/2023

A Good Tool for Organizations with a Mature L&D

Content is good for surface level learning. I'd recommend it for people who need to know buzz words. Additionally, it is very strong for theoretical knowledge.In terms of execution or on-the-job training, there are other options.

Pros

Tons of content and easy to deploy. I just need to input employee emails and they get started immediately.

Cons

Integrates poorly with our LMS even if there is a native integration. There is constant competition between LiL and our LMS. Issue with this is LiL is free learning whereas the LMS courses are tied to business metrics.

Coursera for Business and Udemy Business

Reasons for Switching to LinkedIn Learning

Easier to scale and dedicated account manager.
Uppari
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

LinkedIn: The Ultimate Networking Tool

helped us develop an effective brand and improved our business partnership ties via communication and interaction.

Pros

The culture of this website is its finest characteristic. Undoubtedly, it has to do with company, but as businesses are managed by people, there are numerous opportunities for connection with people throughout across the globe in every possible field.

Cons

The fact that fraudulent opportunities are advertised on LinkedIn is the thing I dislike most of all.

Charles
Charles

Reviewed on 12/2/2024

Linkedin Learning Review 101

Very good and helped me learn a lot of additional skills

Pros

I've been using LinkedIn Learning since the pandemic and it's been a great tool to learn additional skills in my field. Very easy to use and to get going on the platform.

Cons

Some of the courses are very similar and don't get to the point. And very expensive to have access, $79 CAD a month is too much.

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

Perfect app for Learning

Many of the courses on LinkedIn learning helped me during my interview process.

Pros

Perfect App for everyone who wants to be up to date in any feild. The certification of course completion helps boost your confidence.

Cons

Prices courses should be lowered to attract more learners.

Keli
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

best courses at your fingertips quickly and simply

Pros

technical knowledge through video lessons in several areas, mainly in the one in which you work and not to mention the interaction that you can have with the instructors of the courses

Cons

I have nothing against it because everything that helps us to grow will always be welcome

Chandan
Chandan
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/7/2022

I'm in love with LinkedIn Learning

My overall experience was superb, I utilized the platform to full extent by earning a few certifications during the free trial period. I really enjoyed the course content and the instructors. High quality content!

Pros

The course quality, instructor, and relevance is up to the mark. Undoubtedly the best online course provider!

Cons

I would appreciate if there is an option to skip certain chapters in a course in case a user does not want to pursue that particular chapter because they already have that knowledge and want to save their time by not going over it again.

Monalisha

Reviewed on 7/5/2023

Updated materials

Pros

Provides Latest and updated materials for industry learning ang growth.

Cons

No cons for me, certification is highly useful.

Noxolo
Noxolo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Why I love Linkdedin Learning!

Pros

It provides access to those who want to improve themselves at an inexpensive rate; one can easily manage their daily lives whilst acquiring knowledge from experienced individuals.

Cons

Limited interactive, updated courses are available, considering the speed of technological advancements.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

LinkedIn Learning

Pros

It is a good tool for my university, since they choose different courses that help us in our professional life.

Cons

In general, it works well and is very productive.

Akesire
Akesire
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Best Learning Platform

It's super cool when it's comes to learning platform.

Pros

The teaching techniques used by the instructors to explain the courses in a simplified, easy and efficient is super cool.

Cons

The login steps is just so frustrating. If it can be made a little easier to log in instead of strict ways.

Marsela
Marsela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

Linkedin Review

The best learning platform

Pros

This was by far the best learning platform I have used. It is well organized and you can find many courses. Instructors are very good.

Cons

Some areas do not have courses enough. It also looks expensive.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 5/11/2023

LinkedIn Learning

Pros

The learning material is great, it provides high-quality information and a knowledge base.

Cons

I did not have any negative experience with LinkedIn Learning.

Ashley
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

LinkedIn makes Learning top-of-mind

Pros

I love the way LinkedIn Learning customizes content specifically to me - catering to my needs and growth areas.

Cons

There is not a thing I would change about it!

Mel
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Easy to track and manage courses I’ve done

Pros

It’s easy and straight forward to track the courses I’ve done an need to do

Cons

Not being able to fully customize courses

Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 31/8/2023

LinkedIn learning – the professional space to improve your skills

The platform is also interactive allowing you to leave comments and read the thoughts of others, this helps you come up with ideas and share your experience. As someone who focuses on developing my skills I find it useful for professional development. Although it is a subscription-based service, what really stands out is LinkedIn Learning's commitment to education: they offer free access to their content.

Pros

I have been using LinkedIn Learning as well as other platforms to take courses and I can say that it is excellent for anyone in the business sector. The platform offers a wide variety of video courses that get straight to the point, making it easy to quickly search and learn on specific topics, from Excel, to Copywriting, to Artificial Intelligence. The courses themslves are well designed, easy to follow, and shareable. What I like the most is that the modules are short, which avoids the fatigue of takin long courses that don't go to the point.

Cons

The price of the monthly subscription is somewhat expensive, and some of their courses need an update since the world of technology changes quickly and they could soon become obsolete, another negative point is that their videos require a good internet connection, otherwise they take a long time to load and this is sometimes tedious.

Sumit

Reviewed on 14/4/2023

How my 7+ years journey gives the feedback.

LinkedIn helped me a lot to fulfill my daily needs whether it is for IT/Engineering. My experience with LinkedIn is too good.

Pros

As I am using LinkedIn recruiter for my professional work it makes me very easy to find the relevant candidate for the targeted skill set. We can easily find the candidate by using filters like, People, Location, Company name, connection1,2,3 etc. We can directly send mails to the job seekers without connecting them. This is very attractive feature of LinkedIn.

Cons

Limited free features: While LinkedIn offers many valuable features for job seekers and professionals, some users may feel that the free version has limited functionality and that the premium version is too expensive.

Simone
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

A learning platform focused on.... learning!

Overall it is my main source of learning. I couldn't think my career life without this platform at the moment.

Pros

Linkedin Learning is all about learning: no useless functionalities, all your classes and interesting courses at a glance. Nothing fancy but a lot of available contents, usually high quality.

Cons

Sometimes video streaming doesn't work smoothly as expected. Price can be challenging for small businesses. Unexperienced users could stumble upon courses which could be a bit old (I am talking about software development courses, where a course made in 2019 can already be considered old...)

Umang
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 6/1/2024

Good variety of courses for learning

- Overall, good experience for basic and intermediate learning levels

Pros

- Wide selection of courses from different areas of industries/functions
- You can self teach and get certification and upgrade skills
- Staying relevant with latest insights / developments

Cons

- Some quality of courses are not so good and average compared to other alternatives
- Hard to find some courses as categories are not well defined