About Boomerang for Gmail

Boomerang for Gmail is designed to help businesses schedule and track inbound and outbound emails in real-time. It enables professionals to receive automated notifications when emails are opened, display read receipts and set up...

4.7

Browse Boomerang for Gmail Reviews

Susang

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

Best plugin to help you with your email

With Boomerang integrated with Gmail, one thing that I like very much is the Pause inbox option which allows me to rest and recharge and respond to long list of emails

Pros

Using Boomerang for Gmail, I am easily able to schedule emails to go at a particular time and also resend certain emails if there are no responses or follow-ups are required

Cons

I cannot think of any dislike for Boomerang. It has been a life saver for me

Katherine
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

My honest review for Boomerang for Gmail!

Pros

I can use the tool to schedule when emails will be delivered. This enables me to schedule the emails to be sent at times that are convenient for me, allowing me to focus on other tasks while knowing that the emails will reach their intended recipients as soon as possible. I also like the ability to "boomerang" emails to which I was expecting responses but did not receive them, allowing me to follow up on my end. This saves me from having to remember who I emailed the previous week, allowing me to follow up more effectively.

Cons

This program has nothing that I dislike about it. However, instead of the Pro tier, I would like to see one feature included in the individual pricing package.

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

Felt like I lost control

It's ok but not worth the money. I felt that it was somewhat intrusive as well, without offering enough payback.

Pros

We used this for a while the idea being to replace our CRM system. It wasn't a viable replacement. Overall it's ok.

Cons

I stopped using it the free version wasn't good enough and the paid version didn't seem worth it. We are back to using our CRM.

Top Boomerang for Gmail Alternatives

Layne
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

Boomerang has changed the way I use email

The benefits are far greater than the costs. It really helps me keep after people when I need to get something done.

Pros

The tool is simple, there aren't a ton of features, so it's easy to use it for what it's built for. It does a great job at making sure I don't forget about an email that needs to be responded to, but doesn't need a response right now. The other great thing about it is that bayden does this program called "Revive your inbox" that really teaches you best practices about how to manage your email program. It has changed me from creating layers and layers of folders and spending a bunch of time filing emails that I'll probably never need again, to someone who can use the search feature in gmail to find what I need whenever I need it.

Cons

It can be easy to create a backlog of boomerang messages in your inbox. Too easy to put off that follow up you need to do.

Yin

Reviewed on 4/6/2023

Excellent work

Pros

Boomerang for Gmail benefits almost every single aspect of email. Schedule or Boomerang mail, snooze, pause, share schedules and accept bookings, read receipts, click tracker, prioritize mail and customize themes, integrate email signature.It's an essential part of my day now and it has reduced my work related stress.Boomerang for Gmail is the best for use on a tablet.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. It earned the five star rating!

Floyd
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Boomerang - super useful

This is a really easy way to supplant a CRM and make sure you never forget about an outstanding email or question

Pros

Super easy to use and a very seamless way to never miss anything/let nothing fall through the cracks. Over time more features were built, but the OG purpose is still the core one I use: have email go back to top of your inbox after x time, if conditions y are met (e.g. you never got a reply, which is the one I use 95% of the time)

Cons

Small details only - because I don't use threads in my inbox, instead 1 email is 1 row, I'll get a notification that an email triggered that I need to follow-up on (e.g. havent gotten a reply to an email in 2 weeks), but then I need to click into it and separately open the email in question. It would be great if the reminder immediately included the email its about as well.

Yris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 20/2/2023

Improves instantly your work focus and message load without the risk of missing something...

Boomerang for Gmail gives me more control over my agenda and workflow. Since my job is very related to messages and events sent through email, Boomerang it's totally compatible for kanbanflow and any calendar.

Pros

Easy to use, syncronizes practicaly alone and the free version works excellent!

Cons

Probably I like it so much I would like to have more availability for the free accounts.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Boomerang Saves Me Time and Makes Me More Efficient

Boomerang allows to make my communications with customers, staff, and suppliers appear to come during a set schedule, which allows me to communicate effectively and clearly with all stakeholders.

Pros

What I love about Boomerang is that it allows me to focus on now and just deal with other emails and reminders later. For me, I also love the scheduled sending of emails. I bet I offset 10 times the amount of a subscription by just how efficient and time saving it is for me.

Cons

I wish Boomerang had some kind of AI in it to remind me when a boomeranged email has been missed.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

A brilliant tool

perfect!

Pros

I have been using Boomerang to schedule emails for as long as I have been doing business. The best thing about the Boomerang plugin is the fact that it allows me to easily and very quickly schedule emails, it has saved me a lot of time over the years that I have been using it. It does exactly what it claims to do and I have never faced an issue whilst using the software.

Cons

I don't feel that Boomerang has any cons. It does exactly what it says it will do and is easy for anybody to install and use.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/9/2019

Time and worry saver

This software is a complete time saver it allows you to be much more productive, set a time to compose all your emails and schedule them during the week, week end or the most useful when you are about to leave on vacation and you can know who opened it and who did not and bounce back onto them.

Absolutely worth it a 1000% !

Pros

- You can Schedule your emails not just one but multiple emails.
- You are able to request a reply from the receiver.
- You can also get notified if the receiver did not open your email "I used this feature for quotations that way customers can't tell you they are not interested, because you will know they did not open it".

Cons

- There used to be a pop up that would come up when you scheduled your email for the first time that would take you to another page and ask you for permission to use boomerang, this will pop out and make you freak out thinking that you lost your 30 min long email.

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Boomerang (for Gmail)

I have been using Boomerang with my gmail account, and it has been working great. To be honest, it gives me so much of flexibility since I tend to work a lot during non-standard work hours. I have also being using it a lot to advertise events and send reminders about them (I would schedule all upcoming reminders all at once, so that I don't have to think and remember about them later).

The only downside of this software: if you want to use it on your phone, it won't work automatically with your email app that you already have. Boomerang has to be downloaded separately; and whenever you want to use it, you would need to write the email through that actual app (not through your email application on the phone). It is not a big deal, but it may become confusing if your email box is dealing with a lot of different email that are normally sorter in a gmail box, but are not, unfortunately, sorted in the Boomerang app.

Pros

- delayed emails
- an ability to edit/delete/reschedule your already scheduled emails
- very easy to install and use
- its not expensive
- an ability to schedule particular time when you would like to read your emails (I know this feature exists, but I have never used it)

Cons

- an unpaid version has a very limited number of emails per months that you can use, which is not going to be enough for sure. So, I can say that the software isn't free.
- doesn't sync with an email box in the phone (boomerang software needs to be installed and used independently from your phone's email application)
- design

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Boomerang for Gmail: A savior of workplace chaos

Honestly, it has been a positive experience with Boomerang for Gmail mostly because earlier it was challenging to do other work because of the deadlines of simply sending an email. After using this software, I schedule my emails as per the requirements and can get busy with other work without fearing to miss the deadline of sorts.

Pros

I use this software extensively every day to snooze emails as per priority, to track emails to know who has opened and not responded, to get reminders for follow-ups, and to schedule emails as per the requisite deadlines. Before using this software, I had to manually sit and send an email, but now I can schedule it as per the requirement & do the needful proactively.

Cons

I would like to see how the software can be improved in terms of prioritizing reminders or follow-ups for emails and even the snooze priority will help when the deadline is close.

Kir
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 30/7/2018

Helps you send the e-mail when you think it should be sent, not right now

Really great productivity piece.

Pros

Ever have a feeling that sending the business proposal at 3 in the morning isn't the right thing for the "corporate image"? Ever thought that you need to have client think that the 5-minutes complete job is a complicated 2-hours endeavour? Then this brilliant piece of software is for you..

It can also "boomerang" the e-mail to your in-box in a few hours or days, so you will get the fresh reminder exactly when you need, without those strange letters cluttering your mailbox.

Very very good productivity tool

Cons

Well, you need to pay for it to get all the small bits and pieces. But monthly rental also gives you the "return receipt" function for your e-mail (you will know if your e-mail was opened 50 times before the company replied to you) and other practically unlimited functions.

Paaru

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

best email provider

My satisfactory record sender gmail.safety,secured app

Pros

Gmail is one of the high-quality software program added through Google. It is used to ship records quick and securely. Gmail is likewise used on cellular phones, that have simplest been used on computer systems for a few time.

Cons

Gmail utilization is declining barely because of the growing use of social media. The length of 1 report is confined to twenty-five mb. Difficulties in sending huge files generally tend to apply a exceptional processor instead. Although Gmail is unique, in this contemporary age an increasing number of humans are the use of social media to get short information.

Monica

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

Excellent tool!

declutter my inbox! such a nice thing to be able to concentrate on what I have to do at a moment, a not to have 20 emails on my inbox just to not loose them.

Pros

I used to mark as unread threads of email that I need to keep track on, with boomerang you can just select the amount of time you want to wait until an answer if you don't get one by that moment boomerang will let you know, that's an excellent feature that cleans my inbox.
Also a great feature is that you can schedule emails to be sent later, so if you are working late you don't have to worry about bothering others at inappropriate times.
Read receipts are also great so you don't have to ask for an email to know if someone read yours, especially if you don't need an answer in particular. People can also opt out, but in that case if you boomerang that message you will still keep track of it.
A thing I find great is that whatever email you need to keep an eye on gets on your inbox, I usually forget to look at things or special places (aka click on special folders, labels, etc), this way I don't miss a thing!

Cons

As for my concern I haven't found any flaw on this tool! I know there might be some cons but for what I need its perfect and I got used to it in less than a minute.

Raju

Reviewed on 24/8/2022

Simply awesome and powerful tool to use for Gmail.

My overall experience is very good and usage of this tool has made my work experience lighter and productive.

Pros

I liked the simple setup and use of this app feature into Gmail. Company wide use is very much appreciable since we can setup auto replies and customised mail queries to particular users. The calendar feature is also very helpful in setting up reminders and get notified.

Cons

The features provided by Boomerang are merely sufficient and rest features are already available in Gmail, so it's least likely to dislike anything about this application.

Srikar
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Boomerang is great if you don't have a email sending software already.

Boomerang was a life-saver before send later features became native and I highly recommend it to those folks who have a few emails they want to schedule each month and don't use Gmail.

Pros

I started using boomerang before send later features were common in Gmail, etc. It was a lifesaver back then to be able to schedule emails out for early in the morning or late at night. It was a pretty small use-case in my day-to-day responsibilities but still something that would be invaluable every now and then.

Cons

There were a few times where I would run up on my sending limit and had to wait out the month to send more emails which was frustrating. Beyond that, now that Gmail has this functionality natively - it's not very valuable for the work that I do. I imagine this can be a lot more useful for email clients that do not have the feature native.

Ariel

Reviewed on 26/7/2018

Thanks to this app, i'm able to write all the mails at once, and rest the rest of the day.

I don't want my customers to know that i'm currently active on weekends. This app helps me to schedule emails and send them during the week. This frees me from having to deal with their answers and, in this way, complicate the weekend.

Pros

What I like most about boomerang is that allows me to schedule emails to be sent at specific days and time. By this way, I can work on weekends if I want, and schedule the email to be sent along the week in a very convenient time zone.
The have a free account, which should be enough for some scenarios.
Pricing is not that expensive.

Cons

I'm currently using G Suite and Free boomerang account which allows to send 10 mails per month. That's short for me, and I will have to jump to PRO plan. There is a Personal plan which costs less money, but does not support G suite.

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Free way to schedule emails

Just added the Chrome add-on and it was ready to go

Pros

If you don't have a CRM that tracks emails this is the best way to schedule and track. Integrates seamlessly with Gmail.

Cons

There is a limited amount of scheduled emails you get with the free version per month. After that you need to upgrade to a paid plan which would be worth it if you don't have a CRM already.

Manoj

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Worked like a champ for years

Pros

The speed at which it worked. The way you could schedule emails for later and simply snooze them if you didnt want to read them just yet.

I also liked the feature where you could send a reminder in advance if the person does not respond in a few days.

Cons

It stopped working a few months ago and I think it was due to a clash with one of my other plugins.

Crystal

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Love the Boomerang Option

Pros

Simple to use, reminds you when there has not been a reply on an important or urgent email with a time frame. User friendly.

Cons

getting to the pre scheduled emails, editing, or updating them took a while to find and figure out.

Katie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Great email too that's easy to use

Pros

I love boomerang for gmail. I use it all the time if I'm going away on vacation and want emails to be sent out while I'm away. I send out volunteer reminders and schedule them out ahead of time using boomerang, too. It's also nice to use the boomerang feature where you can have an email sent back to your inbox if there is no response. This helps me follow up with volunteers and coworkers on projects I'm trying to keep moving forward and reminds me when I need to keep something moving that I thought I passed off to someone else.

Cons

I do like that you are able to edit your future outgoing emails, but I don't like them being saved under a boomerang tab on gmail, it makes it hard to find, and I wish they could be saved in a more customized label.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Setting Boundaries with Clients Now Easy

Pros

Love that I choose when email will be delivered. I also use the send later optin to set up recurring reminders, so i never miss an important date or email.

Cons

Nothing - its completley changed the way I work, in a good way!

Sam
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

Scheduled Emails and Reminders

Overall, it's free to use and allows your email to be better managed.

Pros

Boomerang allows me to schedule and send emails to send at certain time periods within office hours. It also let's me set reminders on email to follow up on them.

Cons

I had issues running this application on Brave Browser, a chrome based browser.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

E-mail scheduling with no frills and no fuss

I needed to schedule a series of gmail e-mails daily to a certain group and needed to be able to do so in advance. Boomerang makes it a snap to do that and always delivers like it should.

Pros

Boomerang does exactly what I need when I need it to, it's easy to schedule and easy to edit scheduled messages as well. Everything was plug and play and nothing was difficult to get set up. I've had zero issues with it and use it daily.

Cons

The interface is a little clunky, but it's such a small issue I don't count it in my appraisal of the product.