Namely Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Namely

Namely provides modern, intuitive HCM solutions including scalable technology, expert-managed payroll and benefits services, and fully comprehensive professional employer services. Backed by a 24-7 customer success team, Namely...

4.2

Browse Namely Reviews

Sanskriti
Sanskriti

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

Namely keeps us connected and focused at work.

Namely has helped us to manage the workforce, employee retention, understand data and insights within our organization, and keeping us connected in a single package, and we are able to benchmark our productivity, accountability, and credibility in terms of HR. We are able to set time cards, clock-in features at work, as a result, we are able to get optimum results. Managing time-off requests, sick leave(vacation) for employees has been a lot easier, and also the reporting and analytic feature of Namely has helped to keep track of every record at work. Overall, Namely has helped our organization in managing the workforce, employee engagement along with payroll, benefits, and talent management.

Pros

Namely is simply a great platform for HR, Payroll, and benefits management within the organizational framework, as it helps to create better workplaces with varying functionality to adapt in small to mid-size businesses and comply with different regulations at work.

Cons

No particular downsides of the software. Sometimes, I got a problem syncing employee's data to Namely. The API call is not worth handled by the application and keeps me disconnected. Hope this would be solved in the next update.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely helps you manage your workforce, keep employees engaged, and build a better workplace.

Replied 30/11/2020
Angie

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Namely Review

Namely HRIS, Payroll and Benefits have made such a difference. Easy to setup and use. Have worked with multiple payroll systems for over 40 years and Namely (by far) is the best and user friendly.

Pros

We love the Onboarding, it has saved us so much time. On employee's first day, 99% is done. That's amazing.

Cons

Con is that not all of Namely HRIS info carries over to Namely Time.

BambooHR and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Namely

We wanted an HRIS, Payroll, Benefit and Time system all in one.

CS Professional Suite

Reasons for Switching to Namely

It had all the features we were looking for.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our platform saves you valuable time, especially when it comes to onboarding.

Replied 7/6/2022
Shannon
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

TERRIBLE!!! AWFUL!!! TOTAL NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE!!!

My husband's employer (he is a Network Engineer) recently came on board with Namely, too. They are an international company with several branches. We talk at night about the nightmares this product creates. The service is so bad with Namely that staff comes to their IT department to try and find workarounds. For HR we are contemplating going back to paper because even though that's a pain, at least you don't have the irritation of paper not working!!!!!!

Pros

It's like Facebook so it makes it familiar and user friendly to those who have Facebook accounts.

Cons

1. Every time I go to onboard a new hire there is a client-wide issue with the system and it's with "Engineering" to fix.

2. You don't receive communication on when there are client-wide system issues or when they are fixed. You just have to keep inputting the same information over and over until the one time you click and it miraculously works!

3. The migration from one system to Namely has taken from October 10, 2018 until present (3/5/19) to complete. The implementation team is genuinely nice, however, they do not answer your questions, respond correctly (if at all to emails), voicemails and you get a lot of "unfortunately the system does not do that..." during and after the time you've purchased the system. The Sales Team way over promises and the Implementation and Support Teams way under deliver in service. Truly one of the worst beatings I've experienced and I've been in HR for over 11 years and have done numerous system migrations.

4. Deductions are made and you don't know if the funds were transferred electronically to HSA's or to the Attorney General's office for child support payments until an employee contacts you with an issue.

5. I'm ending here by saying..... SAVE YOUR NERVES AND DOLLARS AND DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

Top Namely Alternatives

Asher
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Great All in One System for SMBs!

Friendly support staff, easy to get set-up, many self-service tools and customizations and always improving. I am very happy with Namely.

Pros

Easy to use, modern interface with many customizations. Excellent Onboarding tools with e-signatures that create a great first impression with new hires. Integrates with our ATS

Cons

Some features could be a little more polished, but none of it critical.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Namely

Sentric's goal-setting features were sub-par.

SentricHR

Reasons for Switching to Namely

More features, more self-service customizations

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform to continue giving you the functions and flexibility that fit your company needs.

Replied 23/2/2021
Patricia

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Great Service

In the beginning, there were a few bumps in the road. But once we were assigned a team like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we were all set. These three are the dream team as I call them. They have the answers and if not they will ensure they get you the answers. We have been extremely pleased with how they continue to provide us with the best customer service a client can ask for. They have enabled us to utilize the system to the fullest.

Pros

I find the Help Community to be a great asset and feature when you are looking for. quick response. I have to say with all that is happening with COVID-19 Namely has been on top of every new law.

Cons

The ability to run reports and headcount.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing Namely

We wanted a system that allows our team members to go in and utilize the system. Namely offered us this service and it has been a great experience thus far.

Reasons for Switching to Namely

The Facebook like feature.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have found your service team and the Namely Help Community to be helpful - especially during this difficult time.

Replied 27/7/2020
Yvonne
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 15/4/2020

HR and payroll 'amped up'

Great team, good support. Really have enjoyed and benefited from the Broker Team at Namely.

Pros

I think the ease of use for all users was a main factor. Keeps the team engaged, connected and really enjoy the ability to manage PTO all in one spot.

Cons

Think sometimes there are a couple of suggestions by a minority that get a lot of attention and maybe it isn't something that needed to get focused on right away or maybe more discussion so the functionality works better for all.

BambooHR and JazzHR

Primarily ease of use.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Enjoyed the team I had during the process, their knowledge and experience made all the difference.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our platform helps keep your employees engaged and connected. We work very hard to assess, prioritize, and action on all suggestions that we receive. Please continue to give product feedback to your dedicated Namely Pod and know that we take it very seriously!

Replied 28/7/2020
Darlene

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

Namely Product Review

My overall experience has been very positive. They have an updated customer service center that provides you with related articles to your question which is very helpful. The customer service reps are usually pretty timely and are always very nice and polite.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use for our employees. It is a very intuitive system to use and an employee's profile, performance management, PTO and onboarding tasks are visible to them.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that we have brought up questions, multiple times, about performance management system generated responses that do not make sense and they have never been fixed. You will receive an email that says "your approval required" even though the text below it says the review is incomplete.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Flexibility with the performance management piece, ease of use.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you find our platform easy to use. We are also excited to hear that you have enjoyed working with our new Pod Service Model, as it has been designed to enhance clients' overall experiences.

Replied 2/4/2021
Tess

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

CircleCI<>Namely

Our experience with Namely has definitely been tumultuous. We had a very rocky start and it continued to be rocky as the turnover rate was extremely high on their CS team. We had about 6 CSMs within one year. Constant issues with the platform and no resolution in sight. Things are better now and Namely seems to be making great strides towards progress, but still has work to do.

Pros

-one source of truth for all employee information
- easy to track/request time off
-resources tab is helpful for new hires
-place to store private employee data
-very customizable

Cons

-SO many issues in the beginning(especially with workflows and onboarding templates)
(ex. when you submit a salary change workflow you have to do two separate workflows for base salary and commission, even though the commission piece is added into the workflow).
-can't easily hide legal name from other employees view
-tasks tab is pretty much no use to us. When you assign a task to someone there is no way to set reminders or alert you if you have a task overdue. Also, no notification or red flag that says you have incomplete tasks on the homepage.

ADP Workforce Now, BambooHR and Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Namely

We thought it would be best for what we needed. Globally distributed. Payroll+HRIS. Customizable.
Leslie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 22/6/2020

Namely HRIS

Excellent

Pros

I love the viewability of the site for our staff.

Cons

Back end functionality and learning. Lots of e-learning but we have admin users who need to be able to have a walk through while they are on their machine to understand. Namely does however, do a good job of having plenty of YouTube videos that show you the walk through.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and have been releasing more intuitive training courses to make you and your HR team's e-learning experience as seamless as possible.

Replied 28/7/2020
Josh
Josh

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Overpriced and seemed to be running out of investment $'s

Really poor by the end. They didn't seem to care about their products stagnation in development or lack of support. They primarily were concerned to hold us to our contract and get their $.

Pros

Was very easy to use from an interface standpoint and they had some good built in community options

Cons

This was a highly innovative product when we began using it but 4 years in the product never innovated and their support completely fell apart. Their pricing was dramatically higher than the rest of the market for a product that was behind competitors

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you feel Namely wasn't the right solution for your company and apologize for your negative experience. As for customer support, we are confident that the combination of our expert Pod Service Teams and the Namely Help Community will continue to enhance clients' overall experiences.

Another one of our top priorities is to enhance our platform constantly for our clients. Over the past few years, we have made numerous updates to our platform and are looking forward to all of the enhancements coming up on our product roadmap.

Replied 17/10/2022
Tomi

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Not your typical Payroll software, so no more dreading the use of it!

I used to dread doing payroll, because the system we were using was not user friendly and extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Now, with Namely, I can input information into the HRIS system, and it feeds right over into Payroll; so no more double entering! Namely does not look like a typical boring old spreadsheet. The system is easy to read, with nice use of color, and some areas even customizable w/ our own graphics and pictures. It's nice to work in software with some personality. We can now onboard our new hires using Namely, which allows the new employee to fill in tedious personal information, leaving me, the administrator, only a few areas that I have to input myself. It is a definite time saver for sure! I love the fact that Namely allows us to customize reports, but sometimes I feel that this is one area that isn't as easy to figure out. Some reports can only be created by a Namely Rep, and other reports can be created by us. I can't always figure out which filters to use, or how to complete a report exactly the way I want to use it. This may be more user error, and not entirely Namely's fault. I will say that the Namely Reps/Support do come to my aid every time, and I do get the reports or answers I need rather quickly. We like the fact that employees can do open enrollment/life change events, right through Namely, which removes Human Resources from having to enter everyones selections manually ourself. Namely had a few glitches with it this last year, but part of it was also a communication problem from the Insurance Company side. Namely has been in contact with us about working on this problem throughout the year, so I'm now worried about it now. I do not dread having to go into Namely to update or enter something. I do not dread doing payroll, because if I have to fix something in an employee's profile, deductions, taxes, etc... it's only a click away, and then I can get right back to completing payroll. It's very easy! Namely really does reduce the amount of work HR has to do: 1) by allowing employees (active or termed) access to their W2's and/or changing their address 2) supervisors requesting Raises and Promotions now go through Namely and not a silly group email train 3) I said it earlier, but having Namely take care of Open Enrollment/Insurance deductions so no manual entry needed. I hope you can see that Namely is not your typical Payroll/HRIS software, but has personality, ease of use, and quality customer service!

Pros

The ease of use, customizable reports in format pdf or Excel, and it even looks appealing to work in.

Cons

I have to manually input PTO for new hires, or when someone moves to next tier of years of service. The numerous email alerts you get for any employee change request (ie: address; title change; Raise, etc...) gets annoying, yet to confirm that I sent off the payroll submission, I don't receive any.

Lisa

Reviewed on 2/6/2018

Great concept, but not able to deliver

Namely needs to stop building new features, fix the ones they have, and build better internal processes. The dysfunction they are experiencing internally is extremely apparent to clients.

Pros

In comparison to other all-in-one HRIS systems, the interface is a lot more friendly. It marries the concept of social media newsfeeds with HR, allowing employees to comment on each other's birthdays and anniversaries. This gives HR an opportunity to engage employees with a fresh approach to benefits, payroll, and compliance.

Cons

I'm unsure of the experience of other customers, but the concept of Namely never took hold for our organization. Beginning at implementation, the Namely team was disorganized and unstable. Implementation was scheduled to wrap up October 1 and wasn't completed until January. During that time, Namely's implementation team experienced turnover 3 times, each time having to reset our implementation schedule. Information was missed, uploaded incorrectly, recreated, etc... They missed the ACA filing deadline and we had to work with an outside vendor with additional costs. They filed our taxes incorrectly and this still has not been resolved. On the benefits side, the agent assigned to our team miscalculated the rates from the plan we chose. According to the rates on the spreadsheet, we chose this particular carrier because it seemed these were the best rates and value. We had our open enrollment meetings and an employee pointed out that the numbers were incorrect, that she would be paying up some amount more per month. We had the agent resend us the sheet, we broke down the formulas, and identified the incorrect formula. Thankfully, our agent forgot to submit our enrollment form and we missed the deadline with the carrier. The integration with Adobe Sign has never been successful, so we have not had a single successful Onboarding through Namely. Instead of fixing glitches in the systems, they have built around them which makes it less intuitive (ex. build a new hire's profile including payroll info, send the onboarding packet, then after the new hire starts, go back into the profile to add the payroll group. When I asked why we weren't able to add the payroll group while we are adding payroll info at the start, they explained the glitch.) Compared to other systems, reports have a long way to go. Most come back blank after being ran. We have experienced more turnover in Namely's account managers. With all of the errors and issues we have needed to remedy, we simply did not have time to encourage use of the system. The time off app crashes, so we have lost engagement in the system. Rather than risk any further damage to the organization, we have implemented BambooHR (which is wonderful) and now let Namely sit silently in the background. It has been costly and frustrating, for the admin as well as the employees.

Thadya

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

User Friendly but not Payroll/ PTO Tracking / Time-Keeping Friendly. Bad Implementation Team.

We are trying to minimize paper clutter and store information digitally which is one of the reasons why we chose Namely. On-boarding process is much more automated as you can upload all required documents into a template and have new employees complete them using e-signature. Performance Management feature makes it very easy to keep track of everyone's progress and manage from the administrative side. Benefits Open Enrollment is now automated and employees will be accountable for making changes or selecting new coverage.

Pros

ser friendly. Easy to navigate through the website and very easy to run custom reports in the HRIS side. We are also utilizing their on-boarding, performance management and benefits enrollment features to save the company time as well as to reduce paperwork.

Cons

Biggest concern is that the Payroll module is as robust as Namely claims it to be. The report writer is limited and there are manual double entries that you need to do to if you are tracking PTO as well as other information using their HRIS module. We ended up purchasing their Namely Time module because the web-clock and PTO Tracking in their HRIS module is very limited; the web-clock is unable to round worked hours as we track employee hours worked in 15 minute increments and PTO Tracking was not accruing the correct amount of sick and vacation balance for the employees which caused us to manually track PTO for 6 months on a spreadsheet. Even with the Namely Time module, it does not fully integrate with Namely Payroll, therefore, all accrued vacation and sick balances does not feed over and we are not able to show the accrued balances on employees pay-stubs which is required by law in California. We have NOT been in compliance for over 10 MONTHS .

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Small Business Platform Only - the Quickbooks of HRIS/Payroll

We are a high-growth company of 1000+ employees and complex, ever-changing operations, so while our experience from a Systems and Support standpoint is far from great, we may not be the target demographic. This tool is far more suited to small and mid-size businesses who can handle manual system changes and configuration at the employee level. But for large enterprise-level companies who require robust tools--reporting, customization, anything at scale--this is not the vendor for you.

Pros

User Interface is simple and somewhat easy to navigate from a visual standpoint. HRIS side of the platform is nice. Reporting tool, while simple and one-dimensional, is easy to configure. Uploads and onboarding are simple.

Cons

When it comes to robust, enterprise-level tools and customization, this system is clearly lacking. The HRIS and Payroll side are fragmented and poorly connected. The two systems talk to each other poorly with common fields that are not truly linked. This forces the client to constantly audit both portals and update manually to ensure data integrity within a singular platform.

Run into bugs and validation glitches daily, which are hard to resolve through self-service. Namely "gatekeeps" much functionality on their end so clients must email the service team for many requests. Customer support can vary greatly depending on the representative. Some are fast and informative, while others will completely ignore your service request, forcing you to track cases and follow up.

Non-Intuitive Benefits Enrollments, ACA, no mailing of W-2s come year end. Ensuring tax compliance is a daily struggle. Lack of audit trails and historical data for many fields is a compliance nightmare.

Mim

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Great system to bridge the gap between HR needs and employees

Depending on what you need to use it for, the system is great and simple for employees to use. It could definitely use some work in the PTO request department, but other than that, it's a solid system!

Pros

Namely is easy to use with a pretty intuitive interface, which makes accessing tools and information quick and simple. We utilize this system mainly for our payroll info, performance reviews and general employee information across the company.

Cons

We were hoping to move all facets of our previous system over to Namely, which included requesting time off, but we were unable to due to a lot of basic features were missing in the Namely system. For instance, when requesting time off in Namely, we were only able to submit a certain number of hours off vs setting a specific start and end time to our requested time off. Another issue was the integration Namely has with Google calendars and successfully adding requested time off to our calendars.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoy using our platform. As for your pain points about PTO tracking and an integration with Google calendars, we will be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Replied 11/6/2021
Shane
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Namely: To Infinity and Beyond!

A couple of years ago I sat in my office after getting off the phone with our previous HR software support team. I was angry at the 72 hour turn around time and then it hit me. I don't have to put up with this. I began my journey to find a replacement HR/Payroll platform. I didn't want to be held back by so-called "turn around time" ever again. Demo after demo I battled through all the fluff of the so called superb platforms on the market, then I threw on the brakes. I stumbled on this company called Namely that looked familiar to social media that I frequent. It looked so simple, could this be the one? I signed up for the demo prepared to be disappointed by a flashy sight with no power behind it and awful customer service, but then it happened. I found the ONE. So simple, yet very powerful and the customer service was off the chart (from another planet). We took a leap and implemented Namely's HR and Payroll platform. I dreaded to hear employee feedback and was terrified to reach out to customer support. Employee feedback started to roll in, what? they actually love it and it's easy to use. I never dreamed I would receive so much positive feedback from employees, but I did and still do. Then came the day I had to contact customer support. I was blown away by the quick and courteous support I received. I was in awe. This is exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't believe it. An HR platform that employees love, HR and Payroll managers love to use, and quick and courteous support. Namely will allow us to grow To Infinity and Beyond! We love Namely!

Pros

Employees and Managers love the look, feel and ease of use. The platform is very customize able and the reporting is very powerful. From on-boarding to termination, Namely has what it takes to get the job done. Their open API is a huge plus allowing integration with almost any vendor.

Cons

The calendar could be more powerful and the file storage could use a makeover, but you can't lose with this platform. They are continuously listening to users and making improvements.

Meg
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

A solid product, easy to use, checks all the boxes

Namely is the perfect solution for a small business like ours. It has saved me so much time compared to the previous solution we used for HR and payroll.

Pros

I find Namely easy to manage, easy to explain to employees, full-featured, with solid and easy-to-use reporting. The payroll reporting, which I use extensively, is especially robust - I haven't had to venture into custom reports because all the "canned" reports meet my needs and then some, and they download lightning-quick! After a year I have yet to find something "glitchy" that doesn't work quite right - it's well-built and thoughtfully designed.

Cons

I find that correcting the occasional payroll issue is a bit of a challenge - fortunately, Namely's payroll customer support team is well-versed and available to assist.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our centralized platform has saved you valuable time.

Replied 23/2/2021
Adri

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Sr. Director, Global People Operations

Extremely positive. I love working with the entire Namely team - they have a great customer-centric culture, are knowledgable, there at the drop of the hat and just a pleasure to work with. I couldn't recommend the team more highly.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE Namely. The HRIS is very easy to use, manage and creates a great experience not only for admins but our employees as a whole. Everything is seamless to navigate and it is honestly an HR professional's dream come true.

Cons

I wish the reporting aspects were a little bit more straightforward to use / understand how to create and do more analytics and data pulling. Overall, it's great and something I'm sure the helpdesk community would be happy to set up a session to delve into more 1-1.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've enjoyed using our platform and working with our customer support team.

Replied 21/12/2021

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Namely HRIS

Namely has been a painful experience, with no support in the roll-out or implementation. Unless you have a dedicated resource to roll-out this platform, be very prepared for late nights stuck on hold to the Customer Service Team, who will only take a message in any case.

Pros

To a degree, the intuitive nature of Namely is its saving grace.

Cons

The Customer Service, Account Management and so far - every interaction has been lack-luster.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Namely

The cost was a lot lower at the time.
Monica

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Poor, poor payroll

We selected Namely for the HR flexibility and have been very disappointed with the Payroll technology and customer service.

Pros

They have customized workflow capabilities in a self-service platform.

Cons

We have used the HRIS integrated with their Payroll system and have had major issues with tax reporting and customer service. Strongly do NOT recommend using their payroll services for mid-tier or NFP or global organizations.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We truly apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback. Since Namely Payroll is a U.S.-only payroll solution, our software may not have been the right fit for your company if you have a global payroll profile. However, we have recently made significant upgrades to our tax engine and are currently building out a new unified reporting infrastructure that we believe will move our offering forward significantly. We plan to continue investing in this area on an ongoing basis.

Replied 2/9/2020
Travis

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

Straight forward

Line of sight is easy, metrics and reporting are well thought out. Performance management is excellent, company goal setting, company wide communication is excellent.

Pros

Namely is straight forward, clear, and easy to use right out of the box. In fact very few things have been changed for over a year.

Cons

There are not any cons, it is easy to use.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoy utilizing our all-in-one platform and find it to be straight forward.

Replied 8/4/2021
Christi
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

Worst HRIS/Payroll Provider I have Ever Used

Terrible. Have never used them before and will never use them again.
Cancelled the broker/benefits part we had already because that was a joke.
They do not care and it shows every time I have needed to ask a question, e-mailed or called.

Pros

Easy to look at employee profiles in the HRIS side.

Cons

Just about everything else. Customer service is HORRIBLE. Many times, they put you on hold for so long I have been able to figure out the answer myself and had to tell them how I did it. Also, they say they will transfer you and then you are on hold for even longer, then get disconnected. This happens often! The main company rep tells you to let them know if you need anything, but then never help you and when they do it's just to tell you to contact the service team. When you can get through to a service rep, sounds like they are having happy hour in the background and it is so loud. I have had to ask the CSR to ask them to be quieter so I could actually hear the person. Forget about having them help you with tax issues and having them actually submit your state/UI taxes. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY EVER. Completely frustrated with this company.

Bradford

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Don't Fall For It

My People Ops team has gone to extraordinary efforts to fix a number of things. The service we receive and the quality of follow through is horrible. I would give Namely a 0 every day of the year, but this week's particular issue is that after a recent Open Enrollment period only about half of employee deductions were being made - despite TWO separate confirmations from my team with Namely that everything was setup. And that was AFTER Namely set the deductions up wrong in the first place. Two weeks ago we asked for some price relief for a set of employees that don't get payroll or benefits admin through Namely - and we were told no. It's just bad after bad after bad. The members of my team who use Namely are problem solvers, not complainers, and every single one cannot wait to get off of this platform.

Pros

The HRIS part is good for onboarding and managing employee data.

Cons

Benefits Administration and Payroll products are very bad. Be sure you ask to see these in detail when you're buying because they will mostly show you the glossy front end. The part your teams actually needs to work in is pretty terrible and very poorly tied together. We are constantly finding things that Namely needs to fix, and they usually don't fix it correctly the first time.

Raji

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Namely has been very easy to use and the support has been great and generally proactive

Pros

Namely is fairly intuitive. Most employees have not needed much in the way of training or tutorials and they like the eases of use and the user interface. It can be customized fairly well and the team and account reps are always available to help. I also love how it integrates so many HR functions under one roof and all are done well.

Cons

One minor drawbacks on time off reports is you cannot run a report to see vacation balances as of a certain day in the past (or future) - it is only current. Also, navigating is a bit clunkier than I'd like - there are no dynamic searches and you cannot jump from a Teams page for one employee to a Teams page for another employee with one click.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Super customizable HRIS

Pros

Love that it is so customizable and I can add whatever data fields I need and the majority of these data fields are reportable (the reporting feature on pretty much any field is incredibly helpful for us). Namely listens to its customers and continuously adds features that address pain points.

Cons

These aren't cons per se but they are pain points for us: as wonderful as the customizability in adding data fields is, the HRIS is kind of basic in terms of functionality that just make sense - for example data flowing from the HRIS to the payroll system (only some of it actually does), terminations, rehires and benefit enrollment, not being able to edit onboarding templates (need to copy the template, edit and then create vs. just making edits to a current one) ...

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you find our platform to be super customizable. As for your pain points, we will be be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Replied 9/10/2020