About TouchBistro

TouchBistro is an all-in-one POS and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house, and guest engagement solutions on one powerful platform,...

3.6

Kyle
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

TouchBistro POS Review

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

BRENT

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Cons

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Square Point of Sale and Vend

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a much more powerful option for splitting up tables and creating tabs in our taproom.

Vend

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Intuitive nature, ease of use, flexibility of software.
Noah

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

worst POS

Horrible

Pros

Loyalty features other than that need major improvement, many bugs

Cons

To many steps, many bugs in the system, goes offline, to long to load

Top TouchBistro Alternatives

Restaurant Manager by Action Systems

Brian

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

The Best POS system

TB is the best POS system I have ever worked with in 40 years I have been in the restaurant business.

Pros

The ease of switching over from our old system to the TB system

Cons

Nothing . Everything works exactly they way we wanted .

Response from TouchBistro

Hey Brian, thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the kind words!

Replied 21/12/2021
CN

Reviewed on 22/6/2019

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands.

Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!!

Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

Haley

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Haley!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge!

Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis.

If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Replied 8/12/2017
Jill

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

Pros

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

Cons

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

Replied 29/1/2021
Rachael

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service

TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pros

One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Cons

Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Easy to Use

Great app and capabilities, but iOS updates were a huge issue that lead us to find a different POS option.

Pros

iOS based so it's easy to learn and use. Cloud based so I'm able to see sales live without any delay. iPhone app is simple to navigate.

Cons

Even though it was iOS based, there wasn't an iPhone app that would allow you to ring in orders and I couldn't find a heavy duty holder that would also have enough room for the dymo card reader. The last few iOS updates really messed with the software - using sign on screen would close out the app, wifi kept disconnecting, etc.

Randy

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Full Throttle Roadhouse just Riding Along

Overall, as the buyer and admin if the software I have to say it's been frustrating.

Pros

The best feature is the floor plan and layout of the menu items. The floor plan makes it easy to start tabs, merge or separate. The menu is just easily intuitive.

Cons

Reporting can be very difficult to really figure out what you are looking for. When on Cloud admin, I wish the Menu Items were searchable instead of scrolling multiple screens. It would be nice to have hands on training instead of general videos.

Darren

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

Over all Good just Bad Support

Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Pros

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Cons

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

I Doubt There's Better

Pros

TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Cons

Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

Anthony

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

Pros

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

Cons

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Anthony!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on.

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Replied 12/12/2017

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

Disappointment

Customer support has long wait times - usually 40 minutes or more. You may have to talk to 3 or more people to get the right answer. It is very frustrating when you have high volume and issues and no one to assist you.

Expect chargebacks and no assistance. You have to log into several different systems to research the chargebacks. They do not send timely notifications and you only have 5 days to respond.

Payment Center has business hours and not customer support hours. If there is an issue with a payment that you have received, you will have to wait until business hours to speak to someone via email as they do not like to talk over the phone.

If your salesperson wasn't honest and you got locked into a contract, you have to ride it out. We were told that we could cancel at any time. I had an email but cannot find it so I am stuck for another 6 months. I also notified them that when the time is up, I want out. It is not the product that I was promised. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this product to anyone.

There are better US products out there. This is based out of Canada and the rules are different. I wish I had done more research...

Pros

I purchased, set-up and use the system the most. It was easy to purchase and onboarding was pretty simple.

Cons

They sold me the idea of a great product. We purchased it during COVID and were promised many bells and whistles. First issue - you have some features in the cloud and some features on the Ipad that don't sync. Features - so many features were missing when we signed up with Online Ordering - partial refund, Apple Pay, Google pay, order correction prior to order complete. The list goes on and on. They are definitely light years behing Toast, Square, and even Clover. We have Clover too and I was leaving them to go to Touchbistro. I am glad that we did not leave t

Response from TouchBistro

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please call 1-888-342-0131 for our 24 hour Customer Support team, or send an email to [email protected] with your contact information and the name your account is under so we can look into things for you.

Replied 19/7/2022
Thomas

Reviewed on 7/5/2021

Flaws and bugs in system

Not good!

Pros

The first year went well! I actually liked it.
Then according to their own tech support.. the company took on way too many customers than programmers or tech support could keep up with creating a domino effect of pure frustration and no support.

Cons

Many issues.
Tech support is hit or miss sometimes can take up to an hour get someone. Often they can not fix problem. They "escalate it" which means you will never hear back from them. Remote report app for phone rarely works and full of problems. If its a hardware issue no phone tech support. Have to email and wait for email which takes days.
Would not recomend.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review! I have passed this on to our support management team. We are aware our Support wait times have recently been longer than normal, and adding headcount to the Support team is our top priority. Please continue to reach out to Support when needed either via phone or live chat for the fastest response and if the queue wait time is too long our callback functionality is available as well!
Thanks,
Carly at TouchBistro

Replied 12/5/2021
Jerry

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

Very easy to use POS but needs refinement

you need to be able to authorize users to delete items without granting them void permissions. Also sometimes the POS accepts a tipout amount and passes it to the credit card processor but then forgets that it already processed the tip amount. At that point it refuses to accept any tipout amount and forces us to do an override on the preauthorization, which in turn means manual calculation of total tipout for the server and understates their tip income on wage reporting....

Pros

ease of use

Cons

1) some tipouts get passed through to the credit card processor but fail to capture in the POS, then the POS won't take a tip amount and assumes it's neither entered nor will it let you re enter the tip because the final authorization is complete.
2) in security settings for staff, to enable a staff member to correct their own mistakes before sending an order to the kitchen, because of the way you've set things up, I also have to authorize staff to VOID items that have already been sent, which I refuse to do. so I end up having to approve every little change, whether or not they've been sent to the kitchen... bad design!

Joseph

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Great

Gets the job done.

Pros

Ease of use. New users or staff that never worked in bussness before can pick it up in minutes. Not a lot of glitches. For the price.

Cons

Updates knocking you down, putting you out of service at the wrong time. Like Friday night and restaurant is packed. and being done with out your knowledge. When they do tell you and you say not to do it then. They do it anyway. Software great, human touch ,not so much. .

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear the update happened when you specifically asked for it not to and it interrupted your service.

I will pass the message along to our CS team.

Thanks again for your time!

Replied 31/8/2017
Ben

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

My productivity & efficiency have increased in immeasurable amounts due to TB

Saved time money & increased efficiency in placing orders It also alleviated confusion regarding who ordered what & what time the order was placed in the que.

Pros

It's so easy to use & assimilate new employees into it. The touch screen & swivel stand saves having to buy another iPad for the counter staff; with the swivel both sides are able to utilize the unit.

Cons

Monthly fees. Although with the benefits of the u it I can live with the fees. I would be interested if there were pocket sized devices that staff could take on the floor & send the orders in from there via wifi

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Ben,

Awesome to hear that our system has helped improve your productivity & efficiency!

Our mantra is Restaurant Success.

The fact that we've been able to help you with those aspects of your business means we're doing something right.

Thanks again!

Replied 31/8/2017
Katherine

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

This is the 2nd restaurant I've used Touch Bistro. Easy to operate.

Reports, labor, food, remote report etc.....

Pros

Everything makes sense, very user friendly. Servers and bartenders who have never worked with this system can pick up right away, little or no training.

Cons

It does not have the capability of putting in counts on menu items, i.e. starting the night with 8 fish and having the system do the countdown until it's gone.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Katherine!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that this is your second restaurant using TouchBistro and you're finding it easy to use, with little to no training.

Replied 11/12/2017
Jeremy

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Works great for our business!

Pros

Everything is easy to set up. And easy to find when using the program. Makes life easy when the dining room is overflowing with customers!

Cons

It was a bit difficult to get some reports off Touchbistro. It crashed a couple times but we only do reports 1-2 times a year so it's not the end of the world.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Jeremy!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and use, and that it's making your life easy when your dining room is overflowing with customers (good for you!)

Replied 8/12/2017
Evelyne

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Worth every penny

Pros

Love everything about this product. Cuts down on kitchen errors because you are not trying to decipher wait staff writing. Tracks inventory so it stops orders of 86'd food. Makes billing so easy, splitting bills, splitting items. I really can't say enough good things about Touch Bistro. Would never have a restaurant again without it.

Cons

The only thing I don't like, and maybe I'm just not doing something right, but, I can't seem to delete ex-employees.

Response from Mell

Hi Evelyne,

So happy to hear you love the product!

In regards to deleting ex-employees, you need to archive them. This can be done in Admin Setting under staff.

If you're still finding it frustrating please feel free to give our CS team a call.

Thanks again!

Replied 31/10/2017
Allison

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Do not invest in TouchBistro!!!

Pros

There really isn't much at all to like about the software. It's very basic. When it actually worka.

Cons

The app crashes a lot. It's wifi based so if your wifi goes down your credit cards readers won't work. If you close down your apps during an internet outage, you are screwed. Many, many glitches and system outages over the years. Customer service is slow and they don't have a system service statues website so when you call with an issue, you'll have to wait a long timeto talk to someone. Then by the time they call you back the issue will have resolved itself.
The back end is not easy to navigate. There is no search bar for items on the cloud. There is no way to mark modifiers out of stock. No partial refunds on online orders. No good support for menu builds and start up. You are basically on your own to figure it out.
They also sold me on a loyalty and gift card program and lied that it would soon integrate with online orders. It turns out they were weeks away from rolling out their own branded program. But it was too late for me.
Just so very many many problems over the years that I am finally fed up and switching to Toast. So far an amazing experience with them that makes me realize how horrible TouchBistro actually is.

Adolfo

Reviewed on 4/4/2017

Touchbistro in Mexico

We love the the ease of use that touchbistro gives to our daily operations. The use of iPads in our kitchen and service makes us look professional and outstand above the rest. Our business is very inclined to delivery and we would want more features including this option. For example to save and analyze orders by custumer, how a specific customer orders in a week ir month. Overall great job!

Pros

Ipad integration

Cons

Lack of some features

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Adolfo,
Thank you for your detailed review!
Our product team is always pushing innovation and extending/adding features.
Keep a look out for the next update!

Replied 19/4/2017
Sheng

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Issues with this software never got settled

Wouldn't recommend to anyone at all.

Pros

iPad is cheaper to install and easy for customers.

Cons

Customer Service very bad. Lack of knowledge and never call back to follow up.
Software isn't smart, which has a lot to improve.
When I try to put in some feature recommendation. They said no.
They sound very promising at the beginning and you're basically doing all the work inputting and installing.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone at all.

Mandeep

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Its a great POS system for restaurant industry.

Great customer service appreciation with how easy going it is.

Pros

The easyness in job to handle every situational things. Its very easy to use for the employees and as well as for the guests to get good service in time.

Cons

Sometimes it just hangs up and get disconnected from the admin which I am not sure why. But overall there is not any issues about the software.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Mandeep!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be a great POS system for the restaurant industry, and are finding it easy to use for yourself and your employees.

Replied 19/12/2017