Kantata Reviews

Visit Website

About Kantata

The Kantata Professional Services Cloud is purpose-built to help organizations with 50 to 5000+ employees unify resource management, project management, financial management, business intelligence and team collaboration all in...

Browse Kantata Reviews

Kendra
Kendra
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/2/2017

Great Project Management Tool

We've been using MavenLink for over a year now and we are constantly learning new and better ways to utilise all the tools it has to offer. We use it as our core method of communication with our clients, it helps to have all the information in one place. The Time tracking tool is easy to use and we are hoping to take full advantage of the Resource Allocation and Gantt chart in the near future

Pros

- So many options and ways to customise each feature
- Time tracking tool is very easy to use, our team prefers it over what we have had in the past
- Custom reporting, especially weekly project reports, have upped our client communication game. Our Clients appreciate the extra level of transparency and it has helped us prevent a lot of surprises when the invoice is sent out.
- Resource Allocation and Gantt chart really help when it comes to Project Planning.

Cons

- It's really difficult to see WHO is responsible for a task if multiple people are assigned to it. This is a problem when you are looking at a project and want to see who is responsible for what from 30,000 feet. Instead, you need to go to that specific task and read through the comments to see where it stands. There are a few workarounds for it, but then all involved extra work and monitoring to make sure everyone using the system is doing so correctly.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a comment once you post it
- You can't customise the status options for the different tasks, so something is either in progress, not started, needs information, or completed. It doesn't really let you customise it to follow your workflows.

Mohammad

Reviewed on 9/3/2023

Kantata is a great way to handle project/task management for your business.

A great way to monitor and build your project management, tasks. Simply and easy to use application.

Pros

It has multiple ways to use for project management, task scheduling and follow-up, many other things unlike available applications.

Cons

For me it is doing the job required and I have never faced an issue with the system at all. Maybe it could require some work on the interface on the mobile.

Taskworld and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Kantata

Cost is acceptable, support is great.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Kantata

Could not find all the features required as found in Kantana
Caroline

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

We're Making it Work

Pros

I love that it has given our agency a central place to track all projects/tasks as well as time/budgtes.

Cons

You have to constantlty seek out information that pertains to you. Email is outdated in the digital world so this being the primary means of notification is not helpful for us. Things like push notifications and in application notifications are a simple feature that would be massively helpful fo the user.

Also, the mobile version of this project is basically unuseable, it seems like as a whole this software is very slow to update and integrate new features that are requested by its users.

Top Kantata Alternatives

Djedji

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Avis kantata

Pros

Kantata software is very good software for task management. Not only do I save time and productivity, but its user interface is easy as well as the prices which are proportional

Cons

The disadvantages of kantata are that it does not have a free version and despite the easy access of its user interface, the latter remains a little customizable

Heather

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

Great company and product - still room to grow but on the right track!

The product has brought our processes to the next level and the overall experience has been positive.

Pros

Resource planning was made 1000% better by using the Mavenlink product. It is an intuitive modern UI that is feature rich across the board.

Cons

There are some gaps in the product and areas where I wish it had been more configurable. For instance, invoicing could use more flexibility in terms of how you build out an invoice (and how you display things on the invoice). Also, time tracking is easy but notes aren't required nor is there a config to make them required which has been a big pain for us.

ERP Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Kantata

OpenAir is a horribly overly complex product with a very clunky resource planning module. In addition, NetSuite is now owed by Oracle and their responsiveness in terms of improved product features has come to a halt. Mavenlink's product is a breath of fresh air after OpenAir.

NetSuite OpenAir

Reasons for Switching to Kantata

Because of it's ease of use and company culture.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Outstanding solution for our entire workforce

The overall experience from the get go was very positive, as we started the onboarding process and conducted internal training where I was able to get a lot of great feedback from my coworkers about how they find the ease of use and how they like the online product training catalog that is available.

Pros

I am able to view tasks for current projects, track upcoming projects, add notes and tag team members easily in a very organized way that allows me to save time and resources on a regular basis. My coworkers who I interface with closely have had a similar positive experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

Cons

The ability to customize what is viewable and editable in the main menu ( such as projects, tasks, insights) based on user permissions would make it easier tailor the overall product experience to our teams needs.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Kantata

Mavenlink stood out based on how robust and intuitive it is and how its able to track project activities seamlessly without having to switch between different menus, product views and dashboards within the solution.
Andy

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Getting better

Nice tool with powerful reporting that needs significant improvement on usability.

Pros

Robust reporting, integration to NetSuite, hierarchical team management, Activity feed

Cons

Ease of use needs significant improvement. Needs user configurable workflows and fields. User roles and security have no flexibility. Interface and reporting designed by someone who never has to use the application to run their day.

Integration to NetSuite

Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Switching to Kantata

Integration to NetSuite. Easy to use time entry. budget and profitability reporting.
Mackenzie
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

A steep learning curve

Mavenlink is not a bad service. it does keep everything you need to manage a project in one place, as well as help you track hours spent on various tasks within projects and organize a timeline. It is somewhat difficult to use and difficult to learn how to use - I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. I'm still getting over this learning curve, since I'm new to using the software, and will likely find that it becomes easier over time. At least I really hope it does.

Pros

Mavenlink is a great way to keep track of everything you need for multiple projects across various areas. Budget burn is clear to see, it's easy enough to add and message people on a project. Easy enough to track time, develop timelines, break projects down into tasks, etc. Good for very type A people who like to extremely organize everything.

Cons

It creates a lot of work for project managers. A lot goes into designing a project and filling it out, which is very time consuming. There is also a steep learning curve, especially if you are adapting to Mavenlink after being used to different systems. The trainings were somewhat helpful, but long, boring and repetitive. While it does keep everything in one place, it is difficult to adapt to using it where you would have used email, Skype messenger, google docs, etc. especially if you're working with colleagues who are not so technologically savvy.

Reviewed on 14/2/2023

Kantata has transformed project and cost management

Using Kantata , we finally have a way to track the time and effort put in by our engineers across all of the projects they're working on. We were able to respond to questions from our leaders much more quickly, which helped us avoid certain personnel problems.

Pros

Kantata has revolutionized our approach to budgeting and task management. The opportunity to centralize all of our initiatives in one place and provide individualized reports that tracked our development in relation to our key performance indicators is something we are really grateful for. We also take pleasure in learning where we may be under- or over-allocating our engineers, so that we may swiftly adjust our course.

Cons

As far as we can tell, employing Kantata does not come with any major drawbacks. Reports are not sorted alphabetically or numerically, however these are minor issues.

Dayna

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

Great tool

We are able to forecast and utilize our team's time in one place that everyone has access to. It helps us to have a single place to find jobs, tasks, projects, and track our hours.

Pros

Ability to track hours, tasks, and projects at a high-level view. I like how this tool helps our team on track and on the task in our virtual environment.

Cons

Downtime, site errors, slow load times and site crashing

Kevin

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

Too complicated time entry

Too complicated as an end user just trying to get my time entered.

Pros

There's a lot of functionality at the higher up space

Cons

As a user who enters their time the time entry screen is an extremely overcomplicated experience.

It should be as simple as picking a project, sub-code and then entering time. My experience so far is vastly overcomplicated with different places and ways to enter it. I came from using harvest to track time and their weekly view with a row of the project and code i use frequently is most excellent.

Krista

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

Powerful software with built in training

My company uses Kantata for time entry, revenue & cost tracking, and invoicing projects. In my role, specifically, I handle onboarding new employees, managing weekly time entry reports, time adjustments, project setup, PO allocations, and invoicing. I previously used Sage 100 to invoice and have found Kantata to be leagues ahead of that software.

Pros

The features I like most about Kantata are the appearance of the interface, the built in training that's available, & how quickly modified information is updated for reporting and invoicing.

Cons

When first introduced to Kantata, I was unfamiliar with the process flow and quickly became confused by the different levels (Opportunity, engagement, scope, element, etc.). There is a bit of a learning curve, but after spending some time using the tool, the process began to make sense to me.

Kaneesha

Reviewed on 9/9/2020

A tool that encompasses meany features and functions

It's a work in progress, there's a world in Mavenlink still to discover and we're hoping to get there one day! It's still one of the best tools out there, in comparison

Pros

The product is easy to use, and it provides capabilities that with the right onboarder, can implement the tool strategically into the company, to meet the companies needs.

Cons

With a tool this sophicasticated I think the integration team could provide more support, without a cost attached to it. With the price tag, the team is forced to learn it and integrate it themselves which in turn results in improper use of the tool.

Project management function, it's tedious and doesn't provide the support needed. There is room for improvement here.

Marek
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/5/2023

Kantata Review

My overall experience with Kantata software has been positive. The extensive feature set and seamless integration with development tools provided a comprehensive solution for software development projects. The software proved to be a valuable asset in managing code, collaborating with team members, and ensuring version control. While there was a learning curve associated with some advanced features, the software's capabilities justified the initial investment of time and effort. Overall, my experience with Kantata software has been productive and beneficial in facilitating efficient software development processes.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Kantata software was its powerful and comprehensive feature set. It offered a wide range of functionalities that catered to various aspects of software development, including code management, version control, and collaboration. The seamless integration with popular development tools and platforms made it easy to streamline the development process and improve productivity. Additionally, the robust reporting and analytics capabilities provided valuable insights into the project's progress and performance.

Cons

While Kantata software had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the learning curve associated with its advanced features. Some functionalities required a bit of time and effort to master, especially for users who were new to the software or had limited technical expertise. Additionally, the software's user interface, although functional, could benefit from some improvements in terms of visual design and intuitiveness. However, these minor drawbacks did not significantly affect the overall performance and functionality of the software.

Guy
Guy

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

Excellent User Interface

Pros

Project task management is a huge improvement over our legacy product. The user interface and the various task types have made this my go-to tool, no longer needing MS Project on the side to replicate our task tracking efforts. I like that Mavenlink has included issues into their task types, not just tasks and milestones. Best of all is the user interface to make changes in the GANTT view and for contributors to self-assign a task and log time to it. As a PM, I am spending far less time making in task management activities, instead able to monitor what others have permission to do on their own.

Cons

Still waiting for the golden feature of copy/paste similar tasks to save me even more time.

NetSuite OpenAir

NetSuite
Mckenzie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Mavenlink is a Great Project Management Tool

Mavenlink has allowed us to track everything coming in and out of our department on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. This has shown the demand for our services and how well we manage our time with this demands. We are also able to easily invite those outside of our department to join in and collaborate, which has simplified our daily request process. Everything can be found in one place.

Pros

Mavenlink allows for our team to easily collaborate on projects from beginning to end. We can cater our tasks to our specific needs and show the progress along the way for everyone to see. The updates that are sent via email keep me on track with the numerous projects I have at hand. The time tracking integration is beneficial to us when we are working with outside clients. This function is simple to use!

Cons

I find it difficult to access archived projects when I need to refer back to them. It appears that you need to know the exact title of the project in order to search it. Even though the time tracking function is simple to use, I do wish I could pause my time on one project without tracking it and move to another project where I start tracking time as well. I feel that I have to submit small increments of time often because I cannot do this.

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

WRIKE to MAVENLINK USER

Used Wrike for ~8 months and moved to Mavenlink over a year ago. In write you can't track time and expenses. The wrike issue tracking isn't great too.

Before moving to Mavenlink, I looked at ~12+ project management tools. It's a pain to move platforms. So we didn't want to make the wrong move. There are so many tools out there. For us, a big priority was being able to track time and projects all in one place. Mavenlink does that and more. It's an awesome tool esp. for design teams and if a lot of your team is virtual.

Pros

- Time tracking integration. Don't have to use a third party tool.
- Smart project task management.
- Easy to track if "to do" is a "task" or an "issue" (very helpful for website projects where you have a TON of issues to deal with).
- Easy to move tasks around and see the overall items you're working on.
- Google docs integration.
- You can track conversations all in one feed-- on more email.
- You can respond via email.

Cons

- So many features. I don't use all of them.
- They add on cool features... but want you to pay for them.
- Expensive -- but worth it when you're managing a team and don't want to login to a ton of applications.
- No dropbox integration.
- Takes awhile to get used too.
- You can't rename the issue or task items. For example, sometimes I want to change the status title from "needs info" to "client review" -- and I can't edit the status (I could do this in Wrike).

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 29/1/2015

Mavenlink for small business!

Pros

Coming from a large tech company, we built most of our project applications in house. After starting with a small business back in November, I spent my first couple of weeks finding the right tool to fit the projects that we manage. Most of the tools we found had something we liked and a lot that was overkill for a small company like us. Mavenlink has several product offerings that cater to different-sized businesses. For example, a lot of other products have an 'enterprise edition' that is expensive for only 3-5 users and is overkill (employee timesheets, etc), however, if we were to downgrade to their lower edition we would lose project essential tools like time-tracking and budget management. Mavenlink's 'professional' offering has everything we need aside from an appointment calendar. However it does integrate with my Google calendar! As a small company, we are able to assign out tasks and see where the project stands at every moment with budget tracking, time tracking, and current priority. Their chat support is also very helpful.

Cons

The fact that you cannot pay month-to-month and have to commit to a year is a bit disheartening for a small company, but we spent lots of time trying it out to make sure it's what we wanted and it has been great so far.

I was also disappointed/ confused on the way their users work. You pay for a set amount of users, however, you can add outside users to individual projects as a part of the company and they have access to track time, etc. When we asked support about this they seemed very confused and told us we'd have to pay for more users so we stopped doing that. However, I don't think we'd actually be charged if we did it that way since those 'users' on individual projects don't show up under the user management section.

Robert

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Difficult to reconcile with our accounting software - rounding issues

Pros

Easy for resources to book time against multiple different projects - good data contained in time entry exports (granular, gives lots of information that I can pivot off of to provide different views to the end customer)

Cons

Mavenlink rounds time entries billed at an odd number (such as $171.77/hr) that are logged in half-hour or quarter-hour increments differently than Sage IntACCT - this makes reconciliations arduous when it's time to invoice the customer.

ERP Cloud
ravi
ravi

Reviewed on 30/1/2018

Good tool for Internal improvements

Our organisation has been able to streamline a group of integrated teams into a well structured project management tool. It's helped to track our progress in many ongoing projects. It made the team fulfil tasks faster.

Pros

Absolute perfect customer support. We have put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company. Even before Mavenlink, we had Microsoft Project for this, and it was not as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. The support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team is awesome. Whether it's getting questions answered, prioritising potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product road map . I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

Cons

Everything is fine, it is just we use custom fields on almost all tasks we create, so when created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template. It could be improved.

Shane

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Mavenlink Recomendation

- As a normal technical practitioner, it helps to collate my time against , multiple projects and documents entries at a day-by-day level.
-Planning for resource and to help manage expectations can be done in marveling as it provides a detailed analytics report with strong filter capabilities.

Pros

- Mavenlink works fantastically in the background to give the whole organization a seamless front end view that allows for efficient project management, time tracking, managing client billing to technical teams receiving their tasks & tickets.
- The functionality works well for all different roles in the business and provides a top-level view.

Cons

- Around the end of the month when the majority of the organization is completing scheduling for the next calendar month, reaction time on the site tends to be lower than usual. It still works well but just the speed can be slowing down especially when you need to schedule time for multiple different projects and tasks.

Brandi
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 16/7/2023

Kantana

My overall experience has been pleasant using Kantana. I continue to use their product today.

Pros

The features I like and use the most on Kantana are the project planning features. It is reliable and well put together.

Cons

I don't think there is anything about Kantana that I don't like. It is put together well and reliable.

Hans

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Flexible platform, engaged support team, always getting better.

The client success and technical support teams have been exemplary to work with. They truly work to understand your use case for the product and offer solutions, and even involve us in conversations with the product teams to share our perspective on new feature sets.

Pros

It's clear that the platform is designed to fit many different styles of work, and much of it is highly configurable to your preferences. With the integrated APIs to Salesforce and Active Directory, among others, it's worked well to seamlessly stay in sync with the rest of our systems.

Cons

The Insights reporting platform is very powerful, but complex to learn how to implement custom configurations. You'll do well here if you have experience querying relational databases like SQL, but otherwise you will depend heavily on assistance from the support team and documentation to make adjustments to the custom reports.

Nick
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 21/9/2019

Good time management SaaS solution

Pros

- Mavenlink allows us to bill times to projects and individual tasks.
- Can see time spent against the project budget

Cons

- The task assignment and updating via Outlook is clunky, and it feels like it could do with some refinement.

Matt

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Program Manager Review

It has been positive and has definitely streamlined a lot of my work on a day to day basis as a PM

Pros

The invoicing and billing functionality is great as well as allowing resources to be forecasted and allocated to multiple projects

Cons

It is a bit clunky to use at first as there is a lot of functionality within it