About Freshservice

Freshservice is a cloud-based IT Help Desk and service management solution that enables organizations to simplify their IT operations. The solution offers features that include a ticketing system, self-service portal and...

Browse Freshservice Reviews

Rich
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Olly

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Best ITSM / ESM tool out there

We are solving 1200 tickets a week with a team of 22, and automating resolution of 320 tickets a week using workflow automator.

We were able to get up and running with Freshservice with only 3 months for planning, build and implementation.

Pros

- Very little initial configuration needed - features work out-of-the-box
- User experience (UX) very very good - modern, quick and easy to use, looks great
- Workflow automations and orchestrations allow significant and valuable automation with little work
- Sandbox mode allows safely making and testing changes, and syncing them into production easily
- Ticket approvals system works very logically and very well

Cons

- Sandbox sync sometimes fails and needs Freshworks support intervention
- Only the main requester can access the ticket, and it's not possible to add others to see the ticket
- No first-party SSO integration - we have to use a 3rd party plugin for SSO & SCIM which only syncs user attributes when they re-login
- Agent permissions are not granular enough to allow us to lock down the number of admins as much as we want
- WYSIWYG editor has quite a few quirks around new lines and styling

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

- Jira Service Management requires significant building and configuration, and out-of-the-box Freshservice is pre-configured ready to go, and any configuration you do is a bonus, not a requirement. - Jira's user experience is very outdated and slow, wasting our agents' and requesters' time.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

- ServiceNow requires even more building and configuration than Jira, and requires programming using AngularJS, a now deprecated framework, and we would need to hire programmers who specialise in it and configuring ServiceNow - ServiceNow's user experience is also pretty outdated and slow compared to Freshservice
Jan Claire
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Good tool for tickets/request

Overall, Freshservice is a great tool. Nice UI and beginner friendly.

Pros

I'm a user and use Freshserbice whenever I encounter issues. I like the platform it is easy to use and you can track your incidents in real-time. Great service

Cons

The Mobile Version or App can be improved

Top Freshservice Alternatives

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Freshservice is the best ITSM, our users love it!

After using several ITSM tools, Freshservie deployment was very easy and it fits 100% with our needs at an affordable price.

Pros

Ticket management is great by itself but if you uses it with workflow automation it's awesome.
You can configure as many user portal as you want and it was a requirement.
Inventory is also great module.
Project management help us not only in the helpdesk team but also in other areas of the department.

Cons

The knowledge base could be better. You can't create more than two category levels and sometimes is not enough.

Jira and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

OTRS was very difficult to configure and sometimes you couldn't find the way to configure it to fit with your requirements. Spiceworks is for little companys.

Spiceworks and OTRS

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

It was the best option for us.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Good value and easy to implement and use

We have been happy with Freshservice and consider it a good value in comparison to some of the other Desks out there that provide similar service. We particular enjoy features like round robin ticket assignment, asset discovery and tracking, and providing a Knowledge Base for both Users (Requesters) and Agents.

Pros

We rely on the ticket system primarily to manage steps to resolution and archive past interactions and solutions. FreshService provides this functionality with little back-end effort on our part. Though somewhat limited, we do appreciate the ability to customize our portal.

Cons

Adding MSP's can be a confusing process. As it stands, you have to open a trial account then merge it into your main Desk. Last time we did this, FreshService failed to convert the account properly and we ended up being billed for the "trial" account. It took us several weeks to get the billing resolved. I recommend working with a live agent right off the bat to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Freshservice offered more features for less than comparable services. The Agent and Administrator online interface is also aesthetically appealing and easy to tailor to our needs.
Alex
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

Managing helpdesk made easy

Pros

Reduce the emails that are sent to different members of the IT team and host them all in one place that provides easy access, reminders, prioritisation, staff allocation, feedback, knowledge base and more, all in one place

Cons

Not a negative as such but the points-based system does encourage health competition with teammates, but each job only gives a set number of points, not on a scale so a simple job of creating an account and installing a whole new fibre network can earn you the same, whether it a 2 minute or a 2-month job!

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Freshservice - Fresh thinking, fresh system.

The interaction with the account team and the ease of migration to the full-blown service was seamless. A really impressive offering, that does what you expect and more.

Pros

Its simplicity to deploy and customise to your needs is a real bonus for Freshservice, when compared with other offerings in the market.

Cons

We have no real misgivings on Freshservice.

Hossam

Reviewed on 30/8/2021

Hossam's Fresh Service Review

The overall experience is not that pleasant, it can perform the daily tasks, but not powerful & complicated to use, and doesn't have the customization features of creating our own dashboard in an easily manner.

Pros

We have been using fresh service for more than a year, it is ok as a ticketing system & perform the daily task

Cons

It is a complicated system compared to the other one we have been using, we had a problem generating the Team's ticketing report to do the yearly appraisal, so it has failed us in one of the most important yearly assessments, so it is either the Admin knowledge or the system has issues, but in both cases it is a bad experience, unlike other systems we were using

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/1/2023

Such an amazing product

Amazing

Pros

It helps with time and effectiveness I will do great for everyone

Cons

None I have no complaints it is amazing

• Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

freshdesk inventory management

Good application to make discovery especially on domain network environment.

Pros

the capability to search and highlight the important details of the device found withing the local area network.Its even provide the status of the device.

Cons

Once we move on, was not an easy application to uninstall. Was stuck to many computer in our office like glue.

Benjamin

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

ManageEngine cost too much for what we were using it for and it was also on premises. We needed something simple and cloud based and cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost, ease of use, and provided the greatest benefit for a simple ticket and asset tracking system with the "possibility" of future developments in other areas of the system. We know FreshService was and is a growing company so we bet our money on the growth, we have not been disappointed, but of course would like to see more development in the areas of change management and maybe some more asset tracking features. Also, the customer service and support is STELLAR, I would say better than any vendor or product we use previously or currently. Bravo on the customer support, please never change how great that is, its more important than people might think.

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Pros

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice.
The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company.

There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets.

The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Jira, TOPdesk, Kaseya VSA and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Before Freshservice, we used a tooling that was almost unusable, slow and cumbersome to use. No more innovations were made. The switch to Freshservice was a relief for our users, but certainly for our customers. Where we regularly received complaints about our ticket system before using Freshservice, we no longer receive any complaints.
Gemma

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Happy with Freshservice

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

Pros

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

Cons

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

TOPdesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

I needed an all in solutions with assest management, change and problem management

Freshdesk

Price
Samuel
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Easily worth the price compared to free ticket systems

Extremely positive. Previously was using HESK as a free ticket system and also demo'd a few other options before settling on Freshservice.

The paid features of Freshservice more then pay for themselves.

Pros

Makes dealing with a large number of tickets very simple and intuitive. Improves response time and productivity of helpdesk.

Cons

The settings/configuration is not super intuitive.

Kaseya VSA and Autotask PSA

Lack of features

HESK

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Better pricing. Better features for internal IT departments (as opposed to MSP focused ticket systems)
Niki

FreshService - Easy to use Help Desk tool

We are using FreshService to raise support tickets for our clients, follow up and resolve all issues presented on the tickets. We use FreshService to extract monthly reports and measure our support KPIs.

Pros

I like that the product is easy to set up and customize. Once you do customization, set up SLA policies, set up your agents and clients you are ready to go.

Cons

I don't like that agents have to manually extend the due by time. If ticket goes to pending, this time it spends on pending should be added to the due by time automatically

Max

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

Pros

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated.

Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career.

Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect.

I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective.

Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this.

Lots to like here!

Cons

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Jose

Reviewed on 26/3/2018

Freshservice is quite a solid ITSM solution in the Cloud, with no investment in IT infrastructu...

The rapid deployment! Being Cloud, we were ready to start almost from day zero. The learning curve is quite smooth, and it was fairly easy to perform basic to moderate customizations on the portal and forms. Also the automation options were quite easy to follow (we basically used templates of the predefined ones) and one key for more novice users is that Freshservice has tutorials all around the solutions.

Pros

It's literally "pay and use". Zero footprint in your current IT architecture, everything is habdled via any compatible web browser. And yet it includes advanced ITSM functionalities such as asset management and CMDB, in which you mdeploy Probes and Agents to Windows, Linux and Mac devices to scan and inventory hardware and software. And like every other Freshworks solution, it's very customizable interms of UI, automation and notifications, as well as integrations with third-party solutions and via API for developers.

Cons

Perhaps adding new modules. Freshservice deals with this by integrations and automations, but out of the included modules (Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases, CMDB, Projects, Solutions and Reports) you can't, at the moment, add a new one, such as Facilities or HR for example. However, provided that the included modules cover most, if not all, or ITSM's basic needs, and that the mnost generic modules (such as Tickets) are easily adaptable and customizable, that's not much of a problem.

Joe

Reviewed on 15/9/2017

Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins

The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros

SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons

Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

Best support ticketing system

Love it what more can I say make my job much easier.

Pros

Makes managing support very easy, love working with Fresh Service and the link to Jira works brilliantly

Cons

The searches could be a bit better if additional filtering options were added to narrow down the search when looking for historical tickets

Matthew
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 28/5/2022

Ok for the price but better software exists in almost every area

Freshservice has been a really useful tool for us over the past seven years. We are actively looking for replacement software because of its limitations, especially around ticket management. It's a good basic platform for the cost but there is better software out there.

Pros

The nuts and bolts of service catalog, tickets for agents, basic asset management and automation within the platform are all solid and entirely usable. We have been using it for a few years because it does the basics well, is robust, and is fairly priced for the quantity and quality of its features.

Cons

Ticket management is cumbersome as soon as you want to manage or prioritise your workload. The kanban view is limited. Ticket management exists only in list form. There is no effective way to plan your working week. This might be ok if you're handling only issues but if you're producing anything, it's very limiting. Ticket management should be this platforms bread and butter but it is only basic.

Gianni
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Really gets the best out of your workforce

Pros

The ticket management, asset management, knowledgebase and workflow automation have bee huge help and really a great solution for the specific needs. Can be very detailed with choices and customisable to suit any company needs.

Cons

I do wish that there was an off-boarding feature for staff leaving to support the on-boarding feature already useable.

Brian

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Jira to Fresh Service

Pros

Fresh Service is a breeze to get off the ground. The sandbox functionality is cute, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of what is managed by the testing/deploying of the sandbox to production.

Cons

SSO User Provisioning is awful. We currently SCIM requesters into Fresh Service from Okta. It uses a third-party integration written by Effy? Why is user and group provisioning such a foreign concept in an already fleshed out application?

Jeff

Reviewed on 26/3/2018

Service Management System that just works!

Truly enables our team to work effectively and manage the work items from start to end no matter what is involved or how complicated the work items can sometimes be. We are able to reduce our metrics across the board due to the options available and the way the system works.

Pros

Follows ITIL practices, stable, UI, mobile app, lots of options from an administrator point of view. Service catalog works really well. Freshservice is constantly adding new functions and listening to user requests. The ability to link work items across entities such as incidents to problem, problem to change and feature requests to changes helps to tell a story of every work item and lets you get into the details when needed.

Cons

The user portal allows customization but it can be a challenge to work within the framework provided and has limits. License management is still a bit limited and challenging.

Radosław

Reviewed on 3/6/2018

We've been using FreshService for over a year now and don't see a reason to change :)

We switched from Autotask which was too costly for us. Freshservice allowed us to cut costs practically to zero and also introduced automatic asset tracking for some of our clients' equipment. Another great feature is the ability to use keyboard shortcuts that allows me to do my work faster.

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and start using. We really like the asset management feature - it's helpful to be able to assign tickets to devices so that later we can spot trends. Freshservice didn't have on time tracking feature that we wanted and their support team was very helpful in implementing a custom solution for us. The ability to have 3 agents for free is incredible for small shops that are just starting.

Cons

It currently lacks integration with one of our monitoring tools so we spend quite some time closing tickets that are no longer valid but that will be solved in the future. It's great they support multiple languages but would appreciate if they provided email notification templates in each of the languages they support.

Peter

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Statisfied customer

Our helpdesk infrastructure has become more organised by using freshservice

Pros

- Ease of use, easy to set-up, lot of new releases and features, good customer support

Cons

No big features are missing. Employee-offboarding would be nice

SolarWinds Service Desk and Zendesk Suite

No longer supported

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Ease of use and ease of set-up