About Kiwi for Gmail

Kiwi is an email management application for Mac and Windows PCs. It enables users to bring together all their Google Workspace applications. Once they are collated, it works as a standalone Google desktop package instead of...

Browse Kiwi for Gmail Reviews

Gurvinder

Reviewed on 1/8/2021

"Awsome software for all Google products in one place"

It gives me the power to handle all my Gmail in one place.  My experience with Kiwi is great.  It helps me everything organized. Kiwi makes my life easy in many ways.  In beginning can try it for free. It's a very clean and easy interface.  Kiwi is a very reliable app. I recommend this to everyone.  It's very cost-effective too. It keeps me updated every time.  I like this because it saves me time. Kiwi is the best method to interact with all Google services.  Awesome software comes with excellent customer support.

Pros

I like the interface of this software.  It's very easy to use and helpful when needed to switch many emails. I can manage all Google programs in one place. The window feature is also great. Kiwi gives me the freedom to access all my emails at the same time without a browser.  They added Grammarly and Zoom features in the basic version. It's a good deal for me.  It gives me time freedom too. Very cost-effective and manage all Google and Google Workplace accounts easily.  Not only manage Google accounts but also gives the freedom to launch Google Slide,  Google Drive,  Google Docs, Google Sheets. I like the performance when switching between all services.  Notification and integration are also good. I like the colour theme because with the help of Kiwi can easily identify every account.  I can manage many accounts in one app.

Cons

It's a very fabulous app. I like this software.  I wish could be an app for iPad. there is some lag in a startup this is a minor thing. It doesn't come with more than 100 emails per view. Sometimes difficult to find unread emails. Sometimes it freezes and I have to exit and restart this.  Fans of dark mode disappoint sometimes.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Pleased to use KIWI, able to use multiple Emails as professional way

Kiwi is an independent tool which gives me chance to use Gmail and other google client in a single app , without opening a browser. For professional purpose it is very hard to use browser only for email checking. After using KIWI i can use multiple email account at a single time by professional way.
They continuously increase their support by providing other software access, Now i can directly use Grammarly and Zoom via desktop app also.

Pros

Easy to setup and use, for Professional use sometimes I need several email account, Kiwi gives me chance to use several email at same time without having browser. Beside I can use G suite also like Google docs, sheets at drive. Recently they added ZOOM and Grammarly in their Basic version. It saves my time .

Cons

During my use , Sometimes it freezes up , to continue I need to restart.

Tim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

So much easier than logging on to Google Workspace to get things done

We now have an easy way to access our Google Workspace products that all levels of tech experience can use.

Pros

What I like the most is that I have everything I use frequently right in one piece of software.

Cons

At this time, I do not know what I would say I like the least, I have not found anything yet.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Kiwi for Gmail

I can use my shared Google Calendar with it without any hassle and it will sync bi-directionally

Top Kiwi for Gmail Alternatives

Dakota
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Please for the love of God add a way to login via browser

Pros

It's Gmail in a program. It allows me to have a bunch of email inboxes in one place.

Cons

Why does it not have a modern login utilizing a browser redirect? It bothers me immensely and I have considered abandoning the program due to this. At least have a way to tie in to a browsers autofill.

Juan
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

A premium program that does not make much of a difference in managing gmail accounts.

It is a good program but it needs important improvements on the things I mentioned above. In my opinion you get pretty much what Gmail already offers but you are paying a premium for it. At least for what my needs are.

Pros

Is easy to access as an app on the mac desktop.

Cons

It is hard to differentiate between accounts, there's colors assigned but when you have several accounts that does not help. the account names should be visible all the time on the menu, they are greyed out and in a very small and difficult font to read, annoying. No way to search on all mailboxes at once, it makes it cumbersome to find an email when you are not sure which address it was sent to. This is a huge miss in my opinion for this program. Gmail does a much better job on this.For me is a deal breaker. It keeps asking to verify passwords every few days on each account as well, this is time consuming and it kind of defeats the purpose of having a "one in all" email program.

Maria
  • Industry: Design

Best tool for organization

Overalls I am extremely happy and I will definitely keep using this app for a very long time. It’s the best

Pros

I love that I can keep several accounts in just one app, including my personal email accounts. Also, it’s easy to customize and allows me to have a professional signature for my business accounts which is very important for me.
Being English Ku second la huave, I rely a lot in grammarly to make sure everything is well written and the fact that Kiwi allows me to have it installed is one of my favorite things

Cons

I wish it wasn’t so gmail looking but a more customizable interface. Also, I’ve had a glitch with new email notifications and although I have contacted customer support before, I’ve never received a response

Microsoft Outlook

More customizable emails
Nik
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

The Missing Gmail App

The M1 version of Kiwi is MUCH faster than running under Rosetta - so this app does everything I need, and at a speed I can finally use.

Pros

Having a standalone app that my Mac can use as the default mail app is great. I can have multiple accounts open at once, and even jump straight to my Google Drive files.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about the software is the embossed/indented text showing the account name at the top of the app.
A way to ONLY show notifications from the primary inbox would be great - I don't need notifications for promo emails.
A quick way to access a dark mode, without using Gmail Themes would be great.
Having the option to use more standard shortcuts would be great eg: use the delete key to delete emails. The Gmail shortcuts are horrible.

Soraya
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 15/9/2022

Useful but caused problems at the beginning

It got better recently, I must say. Like I mentioned previously for a long period of time I couldn't efficiently use my work laptop as it would lag all the software programs due to its high processor capacity consumption. However, after the latest update the problem is gone and now runs smoothly and responds quite quickly to all actions.

Pros

I like how it recollects all emails in one single app and how rather than mixing everything it easily still keeps it separate based on the address the messages go to. It's very user friendly and perfect for businesses.

Cons

It does make computers significantly slower and there is not much support or information on how to improve it's functionality online. For a long period of time it was very difficult for me to be able to use my MacBook efficiently as its huge energy and processor capacity consumption would lag all programs. Until the latest update came the problem did not fix itself.

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Great tool for managing multiple gmail inboxes

Pros

I purchased Kiwi to be able to manage multiple inboxes across work and personal accounts. Kiwi makes it easy to switch between accounts and track multiple conversations. Overall, it takes gmail's already great features and adds to it. It's no longer necessary to change chrome or browser profiles in order to work with multiple accounts.

Cons

Though I like the integration of Google Suite, separate sheets, calendar view, docs, etc. get easily lost as they are buried in the kiwi icon. It isn't easy to simply switch between open documents/windows, etc.

The notifications icon for the different inboxes does not stay up to date so I have to click into individual accounts to check for new mail.

Response from Zive

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, James!

Replied 7/9/2022
Marco
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

For me the bet Option

Oustanding experience in all levels of interaction

Pros

User Experience, user centricity and easy to manage Gmail accounts.

Cons

not really is good the as is for me, please continue developing new features, will be appreciated.

Nate
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Perfectly functional free software

Perfectly fine. One thing I wish Kiwi might do is prompt the user that a new email has arrived by altering the icon in the taskbar. Overall, I quite enjoy the software.

Pros

It's simple and straightforward. It doesn't add any excessive functionality and is focused on just providing my Gmail as a program.

Cons

I often wish "pages" would open in either some form of tab or in the browser window. For example, opening a calendar link prompts a new Kiwi window. This means Kiwi now has multiple screens in my Windows taskbar making making switching back and forth somewhat cumbersome. Also, the new screen doesn't respect any size requirements I've provided to other windows. If it were to open in a browser, it'd automatically go full screen and respect my browser setup. If it were to open as a tab in Kiwi, it'd respect whatever size that is currently set to. As it is now, it just opens in some arbitrary size that I then have to enlarge and deal with as a seperate application.

Lee

The Best Way To Use Google Apps On Your Mac

I use Kiwi to manage all my Google stuff on a daily basis. I think the Kiwi for G Suite upgrade is the best way to do that today.

Pros

I love the freedom of having a dedicated desktop app for all the Google services I use - Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar, and Contacts. I've tried Mailplane (which is my second favorite app), Airmail, and a variety of other apps but Kiwi for G Suite has the best implementation. Airmail looks cool, but the integration with contacts was not very good. Mailplane has very similar features as Kiwi for mail but lacks the other features for Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. Even though Kiwi works like a desktop app it still integrates with Grammarly which I use all the time. So, for me, Kiwi for G Suite is the best way to interact with Google Apps on your Mac.

Cons

I wish it was easier to open up a reply composition window in its own detached window. Kiwi works exactly like Gmail in the browser. But I write long emails - like proposals - and would like an easy way to pop open a detached window for composing replies.

Greg
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 to 3.0

Good software to integrate my different email accounts (but only gmail). Branding is confusing as Kiwi for Gmail (basic=free and premium=$34/yr levels) and Kiwi for G Suite (Professional=$59/yr and Business=$84 levels) are all the same program but just with additional number of email accounts and additional add-on/extensions. I really wanted the Grammarly and Zoom Scheduler extensions... but this required an upgrade from Basic to Premium. I am happy with the product for personal use and for my small business. It is a clean, easy use interface, fast and convenient. When my first year came to an end, I wasn't sure if was worth it to extend my subscription, but with the new features (Premium level) it was.

Pros

Integrated my Gmail accounts into one place ... great interface and easy to install and use. Makes it easy to switch between email accounts (personal, work, other) quickly and within a single app. Filters and pop-out compose email window are nice features. SIdebar menu gives easy and quick access to G-Suite programs (Docs, Calendar, Sheets and Slides).

Cons

The upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 was required as they rewrote the program. It required a reset (easy) and separated out the licensing from being integrated in the software to a separate web portal. The upgrade was free to their Basic platform but I really didn't see any change in the interface or new features. The new features are only available at additional cost in higher subscription tiers. I would like to see them add the ability to use other than Gmail accounts to their interface.

Elliott
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

Good but a couple missing features

It's fine for email, and is a nice reliable solution. , but lack of a dark theme (across all windows) and lack of integration for Google Calendar and Google Drive mean that I don't make as much use of Kiwi as I might otherwise.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Notifications within windows and integration is good. Simple and straightforward, interface is clean. Never had any major issues with stability etc.

Cons

The calendar could be more fully into the OS. E.g. being able to open .ics files to easily add events when they are provided in that way.

Also the lack of a dark theme (and not having an addon like dark-reader) means that I don't use the calendar.

I tend to use google drive in browser, again for dark mode, but also because I can save shortcuts to specific files, or install them as 'apps'. For google sheets that I use daily, I'm not going to click through multiple screens when I can click on a shortcut on my taskbar, or hit the windows key and start typing for the shortcut I've saved.

You also can't set Kiwi as the default app for ".gdsheet" / ".gddoc" and similar (the extension formats used by Insync) so that's a bit of a pain.

No option to minimise to tray. So if I want to keep it out of the way, and not be distracted by it when I alt tab - BUT still get notifications I have to put it on another desktop,.

Tim

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

GMail with a cherry on top!

It has changed my workflow. I recommend it to everyone and anyone who uses the Google Educational Suite. At first look, it seems like there isn't much difference between that and the standard Gmail app. But again its functionality and efficiency make everything accessible with a simple click of a mouse without launching new tabs, gobbling up RAM. Wonderful product!

Pros

Layout. The layout looks identical to your web-based Gmail suite, but its layout allows you to launch/create anyone of the Google Educational Suite items such as Docs, Slides, or Sheets from a simple click of the mouse on the left side of the page. It's a subtle but incredibly efficient use of space. This is such an underrated function. The right side of the panel is identical to Gmail and allows you to chat, and launch your calendar or Zoom/WebX easily without leaving the frame. The best part? It does all of this functioning as an application so it requires a fraction of the RAM typically needed to have all of these things up and running simultaneously.

Cons

I only use the free version because I do not need to integrate multiple accounts. If I were a system administrator or department head requiring me sync multiple email address accounts then I would certainly pay for it. So if I were looking for cons, perhaps a bit more customization across the board, but especially with the free version. There aren't many cons to this application.

Response from Zive

Thanks so much for your glowing review, Tim! We love a raving Kiwi Fan!

Replied 7/6/2022
Kaitlyn

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Adds Functionality and Organization to My Work Email

Kiwi is a pleasure to use, effective, and powerful. It's been an always-open app on my computer.

Pros

It's very easy to add your email accounts in Kiwi and get started. I love having all my Google suite programs available in one place, especially my calendar and Google Docs. The focus features have also helped me stay on top of time-sensitive emails, emails with important documents, etc.

Cons

I wish that I could use the multiple inboxes/panels feature in Gmail to follow the Inbox Zero workflow to further manage my email organization.

Seraphim

Kiwi for Gmail and Google Workspace Greatly Enhances Productivity

Great software combined with excellent, personalized and very responsive customer support. Excellent experience with the company so far.

Pros

Exceptional cost-effective productivity booster when managing a number of Gmail or Google Workspace accounts. Not only with respect to managing email accounts themselves within one interface but also given the ability to launch Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, etc., apps and managing them directly within the Kiwi interface. It makes managing a Gmail or Google Workspace account feel like using an integrated office suite. Seemless.

Cons

The only thing I'd wish for is increased integration with third-party Chrome extensions which can further optimize the experience. They've added Grammarly with the latest release (which is great) but I'd love to see the inclusion of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] excellent Simplify extension [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for example.

An increased focus on integrating third-party extensions would be appreciated.

Tiffany

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Excellent Email Management Solution

Kiwi has overall been a joy to work with - I recommend it to all of my colleagues looking for a better way to manage their inbox.

Pros

I love having a separate application to effortlessly manage my gmail from my desktop. Chrome quickly becomes overwhelmed with tabs throughout the day, and it can be difficult to keep track of that one tab containing the emails I need to see. Additionally, notifications (both badges and banners) work much better from Kiwi than it ever did when I was trying to use that browser tab, so I miss far fewer emails and meetings than I was before trying Kiwi.

Cons

I wish there was an option to take a gdrive page that's already open in a Kiwi window and have it open in my default browser if I realize whatever I need to do would be simpler in a full browser. I've also noticed that I don't always remember I have the calendar open already and manage to open 4 - 5 separate instances of the calendar and have to close them all.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

Perfect Solution for Multiple Accounts

Kiwi is one of my favorite apps because it helps me save time and it does a wonderful job of organizing all my Gmail accounts in one convenient location.

Pros

I have several Gsuite accounts due to my involvement in a number of non-profit organizations. I was looking for a solution where I could access all these accounts quickly and conveniently, and I thankfully found the perfect solution. Kiwi is just what I was looking for! Set up was a breeze, I like the color-coding so I can easily identify each account, and the app is very fast. Most importantly, it's all in one app so no more stumbling through multiple tabs in my browser looking for a particular Gsuite account. Bonus features: I can access each account's calendar, Google Drive, and contact list. A fantastic all-in-one solution!

Cons

The only feature I would love to see in Kiwi is the ability to pick custom colors for each account. I'd like to be able to match the color with the organization's brand color.

Scott

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

Makes using GSuite much easier

Kiwi is not "curing cancer" for me, but I am getting much more satisfaction from using the GSuite apps by using Kiwi.

Pros

I really enjoy how it puts everything I do in its own window. This makes using multiple monitors easier as I don't have to try and pull tabs into their own windows all the time.
Also, Kiwi does utilize resources better. Google Chrome is not efficient in how it uses my compute resources, but Kiwi does a bit better job of it.
Lastly, being able to have multiple accounts in 1 application is very much preferred.

Cons

There are a few functions (mostly right-click) that are available in Google Chrome GSuite that are not available yet in Kiwi. But that is about all I can think of......

Shift

Reasons for Switching to Kiwi for Gmail

Price, features, and ease of use.
Robert

Kiwi for Gmail review

I'm using this tool very often in the last years, is stable and very useful mixing the powerful of google services used like a desktop application.
I had a couple of issues but the support provided me a workaround soon and the fix in few time, so awesome.

Pros

It's easy to use and I like a lot to open mails, calendar, drive, documents and other google services in a dedicated window, like a desktop application.
This tool allow the user to use the full features available in gmail as a desktop application

Cons

As an improvement, I'd like to have google keep and google meet manageable in a separate window like for calendar for example, moreover will be nice if it can be available on Linux

Jessi
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

Solves my multiple gmail account problems

I have 5 gmail accounts for different businesses and need them all accessible. Gmail doesn't have a native app to see them all on my mac and it bogs Chrome down to have it all open. With Kiwi, all my accounts are accessible, my most used google docs are accessible, and none of it affects Chrome

Pros

All my five gmail accounts are in one program and not bogging down Chrome.

Cons

I wish google photos was one of the options.

Shift and Google Chrome

Reasons for Choosing Kiwi for Gmail

Shift was too expensive and harder to use.

Shift

Cost and features.
Matt

Reviewed on 19/1/2021

Love having my gmail outside of a browser!

I like it, it keeps being updated and it is easy to use!

Pros

I constantly open and close browsers and keeping my gmail separate made sure it was always open and easily accessible. It feels like I'm in the browser and has all the capabilities I'm used to.

Cons

They are constantly working with integrations... Still waiting on a couple to come through

Lawrence
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

All of the best of Gmail, with an email app like you're used to.

Kiwi was easy to setup, easy to use, and the options are in simple english and make sense. I would recommend Kiwi to anyone who uses Gmail.

Pros

I've always used an external email app - Eudora, Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc. When faced with using Gmail, the idea of having to keep remembering to have a browser window open all day was quite frustrating. I searched for some options and came across Kiwi. Kiwi was simple, and provided enough features to give me the standalone feel, but the power of Gmail. I really like that I can manage multiple gmail accounts in one program. Better than having multiple browser tabs open all day!

Cons

There are a few features that have been in development - such as calendar notifications. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for new features of Gmail to be added to Kiwi, but, usually there is an update made available quickly.

Ajay
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

Very nice UI for Gmail

I really like the product. Greatly a better experience than Gmail in Chrome browser.

Pros

Very rich and dense application. Gives a desktop-like experience.
Better memory management compared to Chrome.
Very easy to switch between accounts in a single window.

Cons

Lack of tabbing feature which leads to too many windows being open.
Make the color palette a bit more intense to easily tell colors apart.
Doesn't seem to integrate with the password manager during the initial login.