Aloha Cloud Reviews

3.7

3.7

About Aloha Cloud

Aloha Cloud is an all-in-one cloud-based restaurant POS solution. With 6” built-for-purpose handheld devices, a user-friendly UI and fast merchant payout, operators can focus on running their restaurant, not their technology....

3.4
3.9
3.3

Browse Aloha Cloud Reviews

Jessica

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

Easy to use and deploy

Overall this is a great system. It is a little dated but it does allow you to do many things that other POS systems dont.

Pros

This software is amazingly easy to use. I love that it integrates with online ordering. It is user-friendly and the reports are in real time.

Cons

I wish it was more updated looking. I wish you could change between screens without logging back in

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

The ease-of-use and their long-term track record.
Kari

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Originally a great product, now not so much

I do not utilize ALL the functionalities because I am a bakery not a restaurant so I would like to be able to get a "cheaper" version so I am able to get the most for my money. In the last few months customer service is almost impossible to get answers from and they no longer have the concierge system where I have a specific customer service agent that helps. Its very frustrating to wait on hold and then get told that I am calling the wrong numbers when the website for help clearly states to call certain numbers for assistance. Overall, customer service needs help.

Pros

I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too!

Cons

I would like to see a way to customize each category more, I sell cupcakes, I would like an option for more specific categories and options.

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

My sales representative was critical in my choosing this product. My faith in him allowed me the confidence to buy NCR.

Reviewed on 26/4/2017

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction.

When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone.

After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me.

This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Pros

We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Cons

When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

Response from NCR VOYIX

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service.

As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience.

We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

Replied 28/4/2017

Top Aloha Cloud Alternatives

Square for Restaurants

Square Point of Sale

Cash Register Express

Ryan

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

Feedback

Great customer service when I call. Very responsive and efficient. Wished they would contact us on the front end when an update creates issues, not after we have the problem.

Pros

The ease of use on the front end. Easy to pull data and information from historic sales.

Cons

Issues with security aren't addressed until they are a problem and have credit cards kicked back after assuming they were good. Changed security settings on IPads and issues were resolved, but we had to reach out instead of being contacted first.

There needs to be an accounts receivable. We use a backdoor and do payouts with notes to even the drawer. A fourth category would make this easier.

Aloha EPOS, Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Deal with a reduced price with our corporate office.
Patrick

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review of Aloha

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Pros

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Cons

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Our partnerships with other companies already established with our parent company.
Tom

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

NCR Silver Review

Pros

The system generally is up most of time.

Cons

It removed a lot of our stored hold tickets - thus, loosing info on contractors and the amount of purchases they had pending to pay

We had been in touch MULTIPLE times with NCR and level 1, 2 & 3 Guy named representative and many others
NO ONE EVER EVER GOT BACK TO US _ what the problem is/was / what info they recovered/ why that it lost our stored info etc. OR WAS THE ISSUE EVER RESOLVED ? This has been many, many months we have been trying to work thru this. It has cost us $ and customers. NCR Silver does not seem to care !! We have talked to many different support members and get the same general run around. Very Very discouraging, would not recommend product to any one.

Justin

Reviewed on 5/5/2023

A review of NCR from a long time user

NCR support is generally very good but the software has a huge learning curve. That said once you learn it, it is unlikely to change.

Pros

Aloha POS is like one of those giant old swiss army knife. Sure you only need a knife but it also has this and that. For when you need them.

Cons

Given the size and base of Aloha its a slow to move monolith and thus feature implementation is limited and slow. For example customizing the button colors on the digital POS screen is only implemented in select cases.

Peter
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/4/2017

It always comes down to service

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Derick
Derick
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

NCR Aloha is very robust but needs updates

Overall the system worked well for many years but we ultimately replaced it for a more current option that provided better cloud-based tech for less money.

Pros

Ability to customize things like loyalty, gift cards, gratuity reporting is very good. system is a workhorse.

Cons

Updating pricing and creating buttons takes too long and is too complicated compared to newer POS systems. Customer service not very responsive.

Doug

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

Ncr Aloha

Overall it’s been fine

Pros

I like that it’s fairly easy to navigate around the system and offers a lot of BOH reports

Cons

Is difficult atTimes to track actual customerData

Jerry

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

Solid software but not as versatile as hoped

The POS system, like others, allows me to track business flow when not in the store.

Pros

NCR's back office is easily navigated. It is feature rich in many areas, excelling in variations. The modifier portion of the software is decent, but could use some work so that it could be used as a single add on for several items as well as modified price times quantity.

Cons

Can not customize the customer information that you wish to have at a glance.
Can not set up tax exempt customers for automatic tax exemption.
Can not readily link inventory to my existing website.
Can not set up scannable customer ID cards readily.
Can not see inventory at a glance for quick inventory checks on items.
Will not print directly to Dymo Labeler for price tags from back office as Square will when receiving inventory.
Can not set up coupon codes for printable coupons, must set up an offer to apply to everyone.
Sales team said these were all included in the purchase, but were not.
Expensive software, overall less feature rich than Square but 33% higher per month.

michael

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

Problematic

Completely mixed bag, usually negative. I especially disliked the phone call I received from NCR EMV development lead when I complained about th EMV pad being defective junk last year. The call was very rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Cloud based POS with automated email receipts that also sends out automated coupons for marketing.
Remote inventory management for adding new SKUs and UPCs.

Cons

1) Not truely EMV compliant. Most annoying was the ancillary peripheral chip scanner looked cheap, was not always on, turned itself off every 30 mins. Fundamentally the EMV pad was defective and not fully functional or compatible with the NCR POS.. We removed it from the terminal and were forced to do swipe only.
2) NO CONTACTLESS PAYMENT FEATURES!
3) Updating VAR sheet for NCR terminal after worldpay vantiv merger was HELL. I imagine transfering to another processor would be the same terrible experience.

Mix

Reviewed on 8/7/2019

Buyer beware!!!

The only times we got any communication was before and up to the sale. After that we only got to speak to someone when there was a problem. the programming of the menu items, modifiers, void/comp reasons etc. was clearly done by people that have never been in the restaurant business so every abbreviation and menu item had to be re-done by us which took up valuable time that we did not have. there is a log of all of the issues that were called in that has yet to be addressed by management. everyone seems to just want to pass it down the line and nobody has taken ownership of the problem and certainly nobody has offered a solution. Except for TOAST POS that we have replaced your system with. I will never do business with NCR again and will be completely honest with anyone whom asks my opinion or about my experience.

Pros

BOH reporting was about it. I wish there was more.

Cons

The connectivity was terrible. The hand held EMV chip processors tie up the terminal so no other servers can use it until the transaction has been completed. we had to buy additional iPads just to process payments using a SQUARE swipe attachment and set up separate account for payment so we could latr transfer the money into our actual account once the NCR payments had posted. The payment process is terribly time consuming and has caused a great deal of negative feedback on social media which has cost us in sales and also in repeat customers. Additionally, we had 3 of the portable units fail in the middle of service, on 3 separate occasions, causing payment log jams and upsetting even more guests ( the units had to be replaced and it took 3-4 days for them to arrive...) WORST system ever in my 39 years in the business!

Nichole

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

Aloha! Hello!

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Dave
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/2/2023

2 good years 2 trash

1st 2 years went off without a hitch.. 2nd 2 years started simply by losing one of my kitchen printers. Fast forward I have no kitchen printers basically 2 working terminals out of 3 everyday we are resetting redirecting somehow trying to keep this piece of **** working Now I have a contract saying in 5 years I get all new stuff I'm currently 3 months away ,can't actually get a call back nobody wants to talk to you .FYI I am running window 7 keep in mind I only bought this 4 years ago brand new.

Pros

Easy Of use. Back of the house Simple The program wants me to keep writing here evidently they are looking for more positive things to say about their company good computer trick

Cons

People behind it Help desk knows nothing my managers are telling them how to do things

Lori

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

NCR Silver for Small Business

The up-time and use of the software is good. Easy to get started with new team members. Back-end functionality needs work. Overall it doesn't cause us too many headaches, so more positive than negative.

Pros

The POS portion of NCR Silver is very easy to use. New team members are easily able to understand the categories and screens. Takes advantage of common iPad functionality. Easy to update products and prices. Friendly interface.

Cons

The back-end functionality of NCR Silver is lacking. Inventory management is slow and cumbersome. Email templates and functionality are outdated. Lack of social media integration and easy ecommerce integration in emails.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Great back office product

Absolutely great across the board

Pros

All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Cons

Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 8/7/2019

Still the "GOTO" program for my business....

Pros

NCR Silver has been a great program for my business as its reliability is incredible- I don't think NCR has ever been down in the years I have been using it. The user interface is very intuitive and even when off-line (ISP down), once it connects up it re-sync's with their main system and all is well. We highly recommend it to all who ask who we use.

Cons

Honestly, the issues that it has, in my opinion, I have submitted general inquiries and they have actually corrected them in a format that helps all connected- haven't found any issues that I dislike enough to warrant a "dislike".

Brent

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Aloha for Restaurant Chains

Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

Pros

The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

Cons

I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.

Gabriel

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Needs a major overhaul

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Pros

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

Cons

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

Vince

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Ease of use Software

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Pros

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Cons

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

Theresa

Reviewed on 26/7/2018

NCR Silver is Awesome!

Pros

The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Cons

I wish the software had more options for management on the POS screen versus always having to go to the back office part.

mike

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Horrible company stay far far away

Pros

The sales staff is very well trained at making their system & staff seem competent. While the reality is you are basically on your own with a mob of indifferent outsourced support reps who could care less about their jobs.

Cons

Reports are broken, support is unavailable 99% of the time, estimated call back times for messages from our experience were 3-7 days for a standard issue, their staff asks you for extensive notes when creating issue tickets yet somehow other support members will call back with no idea what the problem is beyond the basic description. No chain of command so when a lazy support rep hangs up on you after being on hold for 30 min you cant even submit a complaint.

Robert

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

Best POS enterprise on market

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Pros

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Cons

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Ryan
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

The best if you want success

Just a great product that continues to solidify and evolve seemingly without changing a thing...if there ever was truly an old faithful in business software...this is and has always been it!

Pros

It's the complete package, nothing I can't do, I have always loved Aloha, if you don't have it because you can't afford it, I can understand that. If you don't have it and can afford it...you're just not very bright.

Cons

Price but whatever...it is 100% worth it, if it was mine I wouldn't sell it cheap either...support is what you pay for the product, as expensive as it is, is still worth waaaaaaaay more than what you pay for it in percentage of mistakes lost alone! Dial into your number and find the money for it!