About Cavallo SalesPad

Brought to you by the designers of SalesPad, Cavallo offers distribution management software with all the power of a CRM and ERP solution, and all the functionality of the industry’s biggest tech powers, with none of the...

4.2
4.1
4.2

Browse Cavallo SalesPad Reviews

Marie

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

GL/Sales Pad Application Support III

solving the ease of order entry for the sales reps and customizing using workflows and scripts to hlep the user make fewer mistakes, is great. The support team is fablous and always respond in a timely manner and help out whenever we enter a ticket. If the first level of support can't resolve the issue, they immediately bring in the second line of support so the issue is generally resolved qucikly.

Pros

Saels Pad is great to see everything about the order with one click on the document search. Sales Monitor is another great view of orders, that are in different batches. It's user friendly and we can do alot of customization with workflows and what I like the best is that is sits on top of Great Plains, so there is no 3rd party application talking back and forth, like some of the other application used. What is in GP you see immediately.

Cons

I've been supporting Sales Pad for a nunmber of years and though the years, they have made inprovement, that just make the ease of using Sales Pad better and better. I can't say that I do like anything the least on this application.

Response from SalesPad

Marie - thank you for your glowing feedback! We appreciate what you have to say and your business.

Replied 5/9/2018
  • Industry: Printing

Excited!

We are still in the finishing stages of implementation, just ironing out the details, but they have been great to work with and if we had more time internally to work on it, it would have been done a long time ago. Just a few more things and we will be completely up and running! I am very excited to roll it out to our end users.

Pros

I like how we can customize the appearance for every user. The ability for each person to make it the most functional for them is a huge time saver.

Cons

I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that I haven't liked.

Response from SalesPad

Hey Sarah,
We are pumped to hear that Central Ink Corporation is really enjoying SalesPad. We hope the rest of your implementation continues to go smoothly.

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

It's Okay...

Pros

I like that it is a competent CRM platform.

Cons

It is not user friendly. It could use a lot more customer friendly features. I wish it had a home screen with a snap shot of all that was going on with company or individual regions.

Response from SalesPad

Hey James,

We are sorry that you do not think that SalesPad is as user friendly as it should be. We are glad to hear, though, that you like the CRM functionality! While negative reviews for our products are rare, we take all feedback to heart and use it to help drive our product development.

Replied 3/2/2020

Top Cavallo SalesPad Alternatives

ProgressionLIVE

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Frank

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Using Salespad in the wholesale world

Pros

The ease of creating customer orders. I also process inventory transactions and the process of entering purchase orders right down to receiving is just as easy as it can get. Also having the ability to export information to excel is awesome.

Cons

The report writing unless you understand sequel report writing you will need assistance in writing reports.

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Great add to GP

Its a great product without great support on the back end. If you do not have an inside computer techie/software editing person I wouldn't not recommend this product to a new user. SalesPad expects the user to just know how to use, edit and manipulate the data. SalesPad provide a few You Tube videos and updates in newsletters with the expectation the end user to just fully understand and implement. Their technical customer service support leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros

The ease of functionality of working SalesPad in real time and the data pulled from GP is accurate. Sales department likes the ease of putting in an order and search/look up options.

Cons

Customer service is challenged. They have a good product but, then to fully support it SalesPad have mostly fluff for customer service. You have a front person who has little to no knowledge as to how to solve the issues submitted. He/she then has to escalate an issue up the chain of commands until someone deeper inside SalesPad can figure it out. But, those individuals don't step forward to solve it - they feed the info back down the latter of command. And back and forth the project goes for every little step that doesn't fully work. It's time consuming, very repetitive and all on the users dime.

Response from SalesPad

Thanks for your feedback on our support team, we take these comments very seriously. We've seen the need to get responses back to customers faster, and have since added a support engineer to the team. This engineer is an experienced program developer who formerly managed our product development department. We've already seen this change transform resolution times drastically, and we expect this trend to continue. Often, this support engineer is actively troubleshooting with a support representative while you're on a call. For issues that require a deeper level of development work, we'll be sure to stay on top of these situations and communicate with you in a proactive manner. The sole reason SalesPad exists is to help your business succeed, and we want to do that any way we can.

Replied 14/8/2019
Tracy
  • Industry: Plastics

The Big Switch

We are very happy with Salespad, we use it as an interface to GP.

Pros

User friendly, lots of customizing options and user fields.

Cons

Not enough templates for dashboard usage - we work with salesguys and being able to have existing templates/reports to pick from would be nice.

Also, one drawback is it seems when we do a big upgrade things get broken and we have to refix things. So, Salespad could benefit from recording better notes by customer and what they have setup special would be a good. Everytime we have to fix issues we have to start over and go back through our notes, when Salespad should have this information.

Response from SalesPad

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your feedback. We hope in the future upgrades go smoother. Your feedback will be passed along to the development team to help improve SalesPad.

Andy

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Perspective of SalesPad

Pros

I like how we can customize and script aspects of the software to fit our needs. We have done a significant amount of customizations and rely heavily on the workflow and smartprinting, as well. These features make it possible for us to function the way we do between our production facility and our distribution center. I also like the depth of the software in regards to features and overall functionality for our various departments.

Cons

I wish there was a way we could get users completely into SalesPad and not have to jump to GP for certain steps, I know this is difficult-to-impossible to do but it would be a dream come true if it ever happened. Beyond that, outside of miscellaneous bugs we've come across from time-to-time, nothing major that I dislike.

On a side note, it would be nice if there was a security setup wizard or something to help streamline the process of creating a new security group for users. There are a LOT of options in security and it is easy to miss a single checkbox that makes the difference between working and not working. Once again, a luxury more than a major pitfall.

Tim
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Salespad does just what we need.

Overall I have few problems and feel satisfied with the product.

Pros

It is a simple interface. It's very user friendly. I like the option to create many user defined fields and create quick reports.

Cons

Because we are connected to GP, it seems like it's pretty limited in integrating with our EDI software. We'd like to be able to more easily connect our EDI system to Salespad. It seems like there are fields that customers fill out that we can't easily integrate when we export from our EDI software to Salespad which makes it difficult to invoice a few orders.

Response from SalesPad

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the feedback, we are always happy to hear feedback from our customers. Feedback on specific call outs helps guide our product team to create the best products possible.

Replied 13/2/2020
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

SalesPad Desktop

We are able to make faster decisions using the data we have in SalesPad Desktop. It's ease of use and customization make entering orders a simple process.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to customize this program. The desktop version is nice for those users/administrators who need to be able to make quick changes to our data without having a web developer on hand, or spending large amounts of money to do something as simple as add a field to a form. SalesPad seems very receptive to feedback, so the updates and functionality always seem to be improving the program overall. Keep doing what you are doing here!

Cons

It's kind of difficult to tell sometimes what is linked to GP tables. It would be nice to have something like the GP Table Finder feature. A lot of times we want to query both GP and SalesPad data together.

Dan

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

SalesPad Desktop + Dynamics GP = Winning Combo for Sales & Distribution

SalesPad Desktop is a great supplement to Dynamics GP. For order entry, customer management, and inventory handling, SalesPad leaves GP in the dust. Workflow, powerful 3rd party integrations and regular updates to the product make it a worthwhile investment for any business looking to enhance their ERP platform.

Pros

Modern, customizable user interface that employees can understand and tweak to their needs.

Cons

Some error messaging is unclear, and a "workflow visualizer" would be a great addition.

Response from SalesPad

Hey Dan,
We love that you think SalesPad + Dynamics is a winning combo ( we think so too). Thanks for the feedback our development team is always looking for feedback on ways to make SalesPad better.

Replied 25/2/2020
Susan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

SapesPad brings ease of use to GP

I've found SalesPad's customer service to be far better than our GP re-seller and very good overall. Typically I wait no more than about a minute to get a live person and they almost always answer my question or resolve my issue on the first call.

Pros

SalesPad makes it much easier to accomplish routine tasks in GP. Order and payment processing, purchasing and inventory monitoring are pretty intuitive in SalesPad.

Cons

It doesn't have all the features I wish it did. There are some tasks that I still have to do it GP that I wish I could do it SalesPad. For example, receiving and applying invoices on drop-shipped orders. Currently SalesPad gives me the ability to receive on a lovely mass receipt screen, but not to apply the invoice including freight costs, to that invoice. Because of that limitation, I still have to receive each order individually in GP.

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Salespad Review

We almost never have a problem with Salespad. It works and updates are flawless so far. With being able to customize almost everything it has been extremely helpful.

Pros

I like the functionality and the level of customization you have. You can write C# scripts to be run before and after work flows, which gives us a lot of flexibility. You can also write SQL Query between work flows to direct the order to different queues. You can also customize the layout and add User Defined fields, which we have used to get more information that just the defaults in Salespad.

Cons

Support could be a little more responsive. It takes a couple of days to get response sometimes and you can almost never get them to pick up phone. Salespad is also a little over whelming right out of the gate and takes little while to learn to the more advance stuff like writing C# scripts and Designing the Work Flow.

Richard

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

SalesPad Desktop makes working with MS Dynamic GP a breeze

Customization was a year plus project, but after that very productive smooth sailing.

Pros

Simplicity in the user interface. What we didn't see in the product we were able to get through SalesPad customizations.

Cons

There is no way to save the user specified current column band settings in case they are lost accidentally by a misplaced keystroke or mouse move.

Stephen
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

Admin User of Salespad

We are using Salespad to take orders from customers, track purchase orders and returns as well as warranty claims and transfers between different locations.

Pros

I like the adaptability and customization that is available in Salespad. I particularly like the Audit trail as it allows us to see who has done what on orders and this is very helpful when troubleshooting problems with orders.

Cons

There is a lot you can do with Salespad and for new users it can be a bit overwhelming. The user interface is friendlier than some other software that we use for managing orders, PO's, receipts and invoices but the interface could still be improved to make it a little easier for new users.

Response from SalesPad

Thanks for your review Stephen! There is a lot that can be done with SalesPad and we're always trying to improve it to make it more intuitive for new users while still keeping it powerful.

Replied 19/9/2018
jake

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

salespad review

Pros

What i like most about Salespad is all the additional feature you can add to their already extensive reports.
I do a lot with the inventory analyst report and the column and band chooser allows me to pull and remove all the information i would ever need for each product.

Cons

One of the only cons I ran into was trying to setup a way to do a site to site transfer. We wanted to get away from doing all of our site to site transfers in GP but the process of being able to get what we needed through salespad was a little to drawn out for some of our employees to fully grasp.

Samantha
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Great for Sales Orders and History Search

Pros

Data! There is so much data compiled in here - I can drill back to invoices for PO's, to a specific serial number from purchase to receipt to sale. NUMEROUS search fields to find the data I need to find - searching for a customer, searching for an item sold , searching for an item purchased.

Cons

Overall appearance / format - I feel like it could be cleaned up a bit to have a better visual appearance for the user (color schemes and sizes of text boxes specifically.) Also, I wish there were more sales analysis tools available.

Response from SalesPad

Hey Samantha,
We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the amount of data that SalesPad provides. As for the appearance we are currently working on giving SalesPad an updated look in the future.

Replied 25/2/2020
Eduardo
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Salespad Customization & Customer Support

Experience using Salespad has been great. We continue to learn more how Salespad Desktop can support and meet our ERP needs.

Pros

We've been able to use this software for all of our manufacturing purposes, and allows us to customize our workflows by type of product and service. Further, we are in touch regularly with Salespad developers, sharing feedback on our needs from Salespad Desktop, which results in improvements to the program, as well as Salespad API.

The Salespad API has been one of the most beneficial features that allows us to build our company around a web based infrastructure.

Cons

There are some features regarding the Salespad API that we need, and are not available yet. However, many are in development.

Response from SalesPad

Hi Eduardo,
We are happy to hear that Xenith has been pleased with SalesPad and that Xenith is also providing crucial feedback to our development teams.

JOHN

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

SalesPad makes Finding stuff Easy

It made our lives / jobs easier.

Pros

All the info. you need is on 1 screen (no need to dig down & open 15 windows),
Salespad remembers your choices (screens have the same features loaded next time),
PS: Everyone that still runs with GP Dynamics here is upset they don't have Salespad.

Cons

Only the limitations set by certain inventory controls & posting.
due to the fact that Salespad are not permitted to replace GP Dynamics.

tim

Reviewed on 31/8/2018

Why WE LOVE Salespad

Backorders, Blanket Orders

Pros

Of course it is easy to use and enables my TEAM to be way more productive with multiple screens and workflows etc.

Cons

No compiled user manual to refer to. There really isn't anything we dislike about the software.

Response from SalesPad

Thanks for your feedback Tim. Glad to hear that SalesPad Desktop is helpful for you and your team. As for the manual, we've recently moved to a new support platform that is easier to navigate and find answers to any questions you may have. And of course, our customer support team is still ready and willing to answer any questions. All the best!

Replied 4/9/2018
Derek
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

SalesPad Software

Pros

The user interface is extremely user friendly for day to day task as opposed to some of its competitors.

Cons

The largest con with this software seems to be reliability in the coding and sometimes it takes along time for the customer service team to find the root cause an resolved the issue. I do understand that they have changed around their customer support department in hopes to resolves these issues in timely and accuracy resolutions.

Caroline

Reviewed on 24/2/2020

Functionalities

Pros

Salespad has a large variety of functionalities that are great for maintaining inventory.

Cons

It is difficult to use Salespad to keep a record of the additional information for a prolonged period of time that I sometimes need hard copies to look back on.

Response from SalesPad

Hey Caroline,
We are glad to hear that SalesPad's functionalities have helped maintain inventory. Your feedback on historical records has been noted and passed along.

Replied 10/3/2020
jodey

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Easy to Use System

Great Experience. Would recommend this software to anyone who needs a system where employees of all levels can use it.

Pros

Easy to understand and screens are easy to follow.

Cons

Difficulty of adjusting payments. Hard for counter employees to go into to correct a payment went it is entered incorrectly

Response from SalesPad

Thanks for your comment! We'd love to help with the payment adjustments in Counter Sales. Please reach out to your sales rep or our support team and we can help find the easiest solution.

Replied 11/9/2018
Marcy

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

ShipTo upgrade support

Love SalesPad! We are so grateful to have found it. Rep. rocks!! She was a HUGE help.

Pros

ShipTo and SalesPad are both so very user friendly, and fairly simple to customize.

Cons

Nothing at all, support techs are very knowledgeable and we friendly, program is great.

Response from SalesPad

Thanks for your review, Marcy! We're glad you find ShipTo and SalesPad so easy to use and useful. I will pass along your compliment to Kelli too - we love our team!

Replied 23/1/2019
Danika
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

Navigation needs improvement

Pros

Order processing is easy. customer cards are easy as well.

Cons

Crm and integration need a lot of help. This software does not navigate with ease.

Response from SalesPad

Hi Danika,

We are sorry that you do not think that SalesPad's CRM functionality is up to par, and that the software did not navigate how you would have preferred. We are glad to hear, though, that you like the order processing functionality and our customer cards! While negative reviews for our products are rare, we take all feedback to heart and use it to help drive our product development.

Replied 30/1/2020
Ana Indhira
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 30/8/2018

Great software

We have a great experience so far, specially with the Kits. We used to have a lot of Kits items in GP, we are now using the configurated items in Salespad and it simplify our sales transactions.

Pros

It turns GP into a great easy-to-use, user-friendly software. You can finally see all the information that you need in a single window and it simplifies complicated transactions.

Cons

The report manager is not as flexible and has many features missing in comparison to GP

Response from SalesPad

We are happy to hear that we¿re simplifying transactions for you! We¿d love to help answer specific questions or concerns around the DevExpress report designer. Please contact your sales rep with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for your review!

Replied 6/9/2018