About Arlo for Training Providers

Arlo is a cloud-based training and event management platform designed to help users promote, sell and deliver courses and events. Arlo helps users automate manual processes by providing scheduling, automatic communication, custom...

4.7

Browse Arlo for Training Providers Reviews

Antje
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Great Tool

Pros

dashboard and intervace with wordpress and Xero

Cons

That one cannot customize E-Mails
Arlo is only available in English, not multilingually

Fiona
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Seamless integration

Pros

Arlo is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this product having spent almost two years enjoying this system. The support that Arlo provides is second to none.

Cons

I have no gripes, therefore unable to think of anything that I liked least about the software.

Response from Arlo

Thank you Fiona - We really appreciate the review and it's a pleasure having you onboard! Our team work hard to make Arlo as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. It, therefore, means a lot to hear our work makes a difference to you. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do.

Replied 29/8/2019
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

worst decision I ever made

Technical implementation is handled from Australia/New Zealand, and they refuse to meet at a time convenient for US. Total waterfall implementation with many (missed) handoffs of info, and back-and-forth about fixing issues. Once implemented, we found it to be very clunky, rarely works, and doesn't integrated easily with other tools even through zapier. Total garbage. We are now 18 months in and will be switching away from this horrible decision as soon as possible.

Pros

I liked the promise of integration and ease of use... but it was a lie.

Cons

We paid nearly $10,000 and implementation took nearly 9 months! Once implemented, they hardcoded the text to be a font that didn't match our site, and refused to change it. Their caching mechanism failed to load the widget on our page upon 1st view (had to refresh or go the page again for it to display), so likely lost 10-20% of visitor confused by blank page content.

Top Arlo for Training Providers Alternatives

Bentley

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Arlo Event Management Software

Daily administration of our training sessions. We can add and remove instructors from sessions base on availability or "Best Suited" for a course. Transfer students from one class to another and be able to track such movement.

Pros

The ease with which all employees started to use the software with minimum distraction or inability to find features. I believe that from the time I started using this software, my productivity and daily time management of classes, students and my resources have significantly been improved.

I also like the features that are from time to time implemented, but you are always given the chance to review these changes before they are implemented.

Most important for me, the quick turn around from Customer Support Team in resolving any issues (very few) that pop up once in a while.

Cons

There are absolutely nothing I can put here to say I don't like.

Bridget

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

Great Software for Short Course Provider

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

Alice

Reviewed on 2/10/2017

My non-profit uses Arlo for event management for our camps and training events. It is great!

Pros

I really like the way they are always adding new features to the software. I love the integration with Xero and the simple processes for managing your events. As we do lots of different types of events, the flexibility to create your own fields & and reports is so helpful. The customer support is amazing, we have the email support package - which usually means someone from Asia emails you back a week later. No - at Arlo, New Zealand based staff answer the same day. They are really helpful with 'how to do this' queries - not just bug support.

Cons

The price - but I think that it does save on lots of admin time. It would be nice if it connected to Flo2Cash.

Richard
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Arlo Event Management Software is Great!

The Arlo software is great but we have not integrated it with some of our other internal software used for accounting within the business. This means we have a bit more manual work to ensure the flexibility and changes of Arlo are feedback in to the systems. This process really shows up how the other software lags behind Arlo!

Pros

It is easy and straightforward to use and continues to evolve and develop more and more functionality! It does exactly what we want and we can change things in there easily to suit our needs.

Cons

It was not previously integrated with our website but we have since changed over to an Arlo website which has made this so much easier and the new website looks much better too!

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Easy, helpful, fast

Pros

Arlo is very easy to use and the team is always on hand to help should we have any questions or additional changes we would like to make to our personalised system.
Some team members have taken the time to come and give us presentations on how to get the best out of the system which was really helpful.
Arlo is a great way for us to upload and keep track of our events. The reporting section is especially helpful for running data analysis.
The database is extremely helpful for storing details about centres - the full details of the school will populate from just a centre number.
Overall, the system has been great and I would definitely recommend for anyone who is thinking of using it.

Cons

You cannot change the event code once the event has been approved - this means you have to cancel the event and create a new one if there are any changes.

Kylie

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Great product and fantastic for managing our first aid courses.

Booking all of our first aid courses etc, makes it super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard that shows everything at a glimpse, fast for booking first aid attendees, great for capturing details.

Cons

Online support isn't great probably because of terminology, but we do love the live support, always helpful and answer any questions we have.

Toni

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

A great tool to monitor events

This software helps us add and track events

Pros

Easy to use, when setting up events, we can add one event as a template and just change information for each following event

Cons

At the end of each event, you have to go in and add who attended, I'm not sure how this could be simplified though

Eve

Reviewed on 28/9/2017

Easy to learn, fast help when needed & efficient for clients

I save a lot of time with this product, it looks professional for our clients and shows information and data clearly.

Pros

How easy it is to use as an administrator, if I have a more technologically challenged client it is easy to walk them through the process of booking, and if they do not want to it is super fast for me to book for them! I find the send payment link option really helpful and saves me admin time.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility in the automated email system and being able to alter what goes to the client. Not so much the content of the email but the ability to automatically stop the email from sending once the client has taken the steps the email asks them to do.

Response from Arlo

It's fantastic to hear that Arlo is saving you so much time, that is what we are all about! More control and flexibility around the automated emails is something we have on our product road map. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this, please reach out to our support team and they will be happy to help.

Replied 10/9/2019
Frank

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Good with some room to grow

Pros

The ability to see every event coming up over the next year in a simple, searchable format makes planning ahead very easy. The online payment section makes enrolments relatively easy as well.

Cons

Cancelling or going back on things can be quite difficult. An administrator is required for relatively menial tasks that differ from everyday use of the software, and that can slow down my work.

Helen

Reviewed on 28/9/2017

Great product. Easy to use.

Managing events and operations.

Pros

The product is great. And there are always new improvements and new features made available. The best part is the support team, they are very helpful and provide good advises.

Cons

The product is very strong at managing events, but less so on managing individuals. We wish it comes with stronger CRM features.

Jesse

Reviewed on 29/5/2017

Really great system, still new but always re-creating and updating to attend to our individual...

Reporting functions are great, enrollment and ordering functions also! Very user friendly and easy to learn.

Pros

The enrollment side of things is so easy, the whole system and very user friendly. Its a great CRM for our business and more so in line with what we need our company CRM to do for us in comparison to other CRM's such as Salesforce

Cons

Still a few low-priority items need to be worked on but still fabulous! Some of the reporting side of things need to be modified over time, we use this CRM as Account Managers so it would be great if we can utilize the reporting side of things in accordance to account manager more then what you can now.

Kylie

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Pros

So easy to use and customise to suit our business. Support is fantastic.

Cons

I thinkthere has to be a easier way to do the certification, surely it can be included as part of the 'attended or not attended' function.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Complete Lifesaver

We needed something all-encompassing to organize our training webinars. This has proven effective in helping us hit our goals.

Pros

Arlo blew me away with its extensive capabilities surrounding scheduling, training portals, and training payments. I am able to create training webinars for my sales staff, send out invitations, set meeting details, and invoice for meeting seminars. This has been a complete lifesaver and a timesaving solution to our training needs.

Cons

It is a lot to take in initially. It has a lot of capabilities I probably still haven't touched. However, the possibilities with this software is endless, and can weed out other software you use that isn't helping to meet goals.

Response from Arlo

Hi Tiffany,

We're delighted to hear that you're getting a lot out of Arlo and its extensive capabilities. If there's anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Replied 29/8/2019
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 16/3/2017

Brilliant Product

We stumbled across Arlo last year and haven't looked back. Easy to configure and it does everything we wanted plus lots more. The people are friendly and responsive - and knowledgeable. We have been able to automate a lot of our client contact and all of our trainers have embraced their app and like the functionality. Arlo are keen to listen to requests for system changes and have responded very positively. They are likely to be market leaders globally in a couple of years. I can highly recommend Arlo.

Pros

It is flexible and does exactly what we need

Cons

It is all good

Juan

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Easy to use software which enables you to manage a series of events which can be private or...

Pros

Being able to build reports to suit specific customer needs/requirements and have these sent at a time and date which is convenient to them.

Cons

Not being able to retrieve all data in one single report, it may be that 2 reports are needed to be able to view all of the data needed.

Jade

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Arlo is pretty straight forward to use

Pros

What I like most about Arlo is that it's a central place I can see all my events makes it easy to manage.

Cons

That you are not able to postpone events and you can bulk upload online events

Vivienne
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 22/3/2017

AMAZING PLATFORM

Fantastic Platform to use. Great customer service, always responds very quickly and are helpful. Love using Arlo...Made my job easier!!

Pros

I like how easy it is to work with and how easy it is to do reports and registrations.

Elaine
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/3/2017

Absolutely brilliant

The Arlo team and package is one that you will not be disappointed in.
It is an exceptional TMS and we use it for our CRM as well.
Great reporting, very reliable, customer service and the team at Arlo are always looking forward. There are constant updates to improve an already amazing system. Thanks
Thanks Arlo.

Pros

Reliable, reporting, great customer service

Cons

I didn't invent it

Kendal

Reviewed on 29/5/2017

User friendly, features easy to use. A few upgrades in some areas would be useful.

Pros

Tasks make it easy to manage daily operations and account for what has and hasn't been done. The ability to correspond with clients via email regarding upcoming training.

Cons

Inquired about some features that are still in the pipeline. If these are commissioned it would be beneficial on our end.

Rashed

Reviewed on 29/5/2017

Fast, easy to navigate and efficient

Pros

Navigating through ARLO is very simple, easy to understand and the support has been good. Creating orders is not a problem.

Cons

Searching for numbers have to be precises with the spaces between numbers. Which creates an issue or double up if the number hasn't been entered properly

Colin

Reviewed on 21/8/2017

Excellent platform with superior support

Pros

Ease of use and very comprehensive. Customer support is superior and any problem rectified within 24 hours.

Mireille

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

great experience with ARLO. works for events and is a valuable resource to our business.

Pros

easy to use and effective communication tool to clients, that we can rely on. ARLO has saved our business.

Cons

need application functionality for events because we run events that have application forms and criteria to apply for.