About Asset Essentials

Dude Solutions provides a suite of cloud-based maintenance management applications that provides businesses with centralized requests, automated maintenance workflows and reporting. Asset Essentials is suitable for...

Browse Asset Essentials Reviews

Bill B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Van's Aircraft Asset Essentials startup review 12/22/20

Overall, the transition team was prepared and extremely helpful. Good job! However as mentioned above someone on the team and on the sales end of your operation needs to be better informed/aware of the immensity of the task of taking an old in use CMMS and making your Asset Essentials mate seamlessly.

Pros

The support team and training is top notch. The availability of phone or email support is phenomenal

Cons

At present, the promise bringing over the 12 years of history from our old CMMS has not been delivered. I was told that it could be done as part of the purchase price, then when the scope of the work was completely understood I was asked to pay $1,500 to bring that history into Asset Essentials. After a couple of weeks I was then told that it would take another $2,500 in addition to complete work. This is a classic saled case of "bait and switch", I am now considering not using Asset Essentials at all.

Holly S.

Reviewed on 29/4/2015

SchoolDude User Friendliness

Pros

My overall thoughts of schooldude would be that it serves it purpose for scheduling event but it really is not user friendly. The amount of time that it takes for a new user to complete a proposal to schedule an event is pretty tedious.

Cons

I am not a new user so it is easy for me to access and set of events but even explaining to new users is hard because of the lay out. I think it needs to be more simplistic. For example like when you turn on a new Iphone it asks for a piece of information then you hit next and it asks for another. Then it populates all your information for you to review at the end.
One other flaw that I noticed in it for billing purposes is that it does not send an email notification when something new is put on to the calendar. Which would be really helpful when something is added last minute if the invoices are already completed for that day.
I am not a veteran and do not know all the ins and outs of schooldude, but I do think these fixes could improve the users experience on it.

Franciso L.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Annual review

I am very pleased with the software and it's capabilities. It would be nice to maybe have some videos on how to customize the screens. Specially some of the more basic features of the software.

Pros

This software is very easy to use in comparison to others on the market. I like the fact that their is a lot of possibilities to customize the data.

Cons

I would like the report section to be more user friendly. Some of the reports are a bit difficult to create. It might just be me that needs more training on it.

Bobby B.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Making my job a lot easier...

Overall it was a good experience. My main issues that I ran up against were not the fault of my team or Asset Essentials.

Pros

When I first started with my current employer we utilized EPaC. I was not satisfied with the software especially at the price were paying. After being notified of a price increase I was spurred on to find a replacement. As luck would have it we had acquired on of our competitors. They had been looking at Asset Essentials. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he gave me his sales pitch. Long story short - we have more functionality, a much more intuitive interface, customer service that actually answers questions and a roll-over process that was nearly painless for less than half of what we had been paying before the cost increase.

Cons

My only complaint would be the hierarchy of some of the items is unclear. I am very much a visual person. I chart would have helped a great deal.

Jorge F.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Robust and Intuitive Asset Management

I am very pleased with their current level of customer service. At the beginning there were a few people we dealt with that are no longer there that did not provide the same level of customer care as the ones that we deal with now.

Pros

We fell in love with the ease of use of the interface. The level of control over the maintenance technicians is phenomenal and the ability to provide a service request portal to users without needing to purchase additional licenses was a huge deal maker.

Cons

As with many new implementations, we ran into a few bugs at the beginning when we first implemented the software. With their amazing customer support, we were able to overcome those issues, but it is something to consider.

Response from Dude Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear you're pleased with our customer service and that Asset Essentials has been intuitive, easy to use and made your life easier!

Replied 11/11/2019
Dennis G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Asset Essentials Review

We had a verbal/spread sheet maintenance system before. This software is perfect for our organization. We primarily use it for documenting and tracking maintenance request and have not concerned ourselves with equipment maintenance cost tracking but the information is there when and if we decided to start doing it.
Training was excellent and the instructor was able to answer all our questions quickly.

Pros

The features, ease of access, support and cost are perfect for our application.

Cons

We have not found any issues with the software or had any regrets for purchasing it.

Response from Dude Solutions

Hi Dennis, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear Asset Essentials makes your workday run that much smoother. We're glad you're part of The Dude!

Replied 2/12/2019
Mike D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

KNA Reveiw

We converted over from MP2 and utilize Asset Essentials for tracking machine repairs and for scheduling of preventive maintenance.

Pros

The software platform is easy to use. I also like that it has a mobile app that allows me to access the program from anywhere

Cons

I do not like the network lag as it adds several seconds to each step, making it rather time consuming for my team to use

Response from Dude Solutions

Hi Mike, thanks for taking time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is easy to use and that you've enjoyed the mobile app. Thank you for being part of The Dude!

Replied 2/12/2019
John G.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Moved from BIgfoot to AE

Good

Pros

Very easy to setup and implement. Easy to work with and great people

Cons

The connector tools seems to be broken. I have had several issue with this . Seems there needs to be some fixes and development completed

Response from Dude Solutions

Hi John, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear Asset Essentials has been easy to work with. Please reach out to our support team if you ever have questions or need help with something!

Replied 25/11/2019
Tracy D.

Reviewed on 28/4/2015

Repair Assistance 101

Pros

Maintenance Direct keeps great records and history of repairs and those who submit them. It helps to retrieve similar issues and generate vendor repairs as a combined problem, rather than piece meal each repair separately. In the long run, it is a tremendous cost savings overall.

Cons

Changes that are not always made known ahead of time that I feel are a sometimes a loss of accessibility. Example is password reset on the administrative side. This has recently changed and it does make it more cumbersome to figure out new user errors such as duplicate logins.

Ashley B.

Reviewed on 7/4/2015

Great Product and Great Customer Service

Pros

The product works great for the administrators, technicians, and users. We get positive feedback regularly about our use of this product. And if there happens to be something we don't understand about the product or some way we think the product could be improved, the customer service is happy to respond to requests and take recommendations into consideration.

Cons

Honestly, there's not really anything we don't like about them. They have a good product that they continue to improve. I guess I just wish they had more products.

Thom G.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

A good fit: SchoolDude's MaintenanceDirect and Landmark Christian

Pros

One of the most compelling reasons that we went with their product is that their applications are built exclusively for the needs of educational institutions. The company has basically put all of their eggs into that basket, which gives them an understanding of educational facilities and their maintenance requirements. Educational environments (be it public, private, or higher) are in a class all their own and are met with certain challenges that other businesses may not necessarily face. All of the staff I have had the pleasure of meeting and/or speaking with exhibit a sensitivity to and knowledge of those unique needs.

Cons

Having come from a completely paper system to an automated system such as SchoolDude's, I haven't experienced any flaws worth noting.

Gary M.

Reviewed on 27/4/2015

Web Based Maintenance Management Systems made Easy

Pros

The product is cost-effective. The only hardware I need is a computer, smart phone, or tablet. The vendor is in touch with the needs of the clients they are trying to reach.

Cons

I would like the product to have more capability to clean up clutter in various data fields. I would like to have more contact from my account representative/manager.

Norm B.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Easy to use and capable.

This system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.

Pros

Ease of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.

Cons

Currently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.

Melissa S.

Reviewed on 23/4/2015

Simplifies tracking maintenance issues

Pros

With multiple campuses - being able to track work orders, in particular being able to search specific rooms or areas that have issues, has made identifying trouble spots or failing equipment much easier.

Cons

I have had no real issues with this product that have not been solved by their support team.

Joshua N.

Reviewed on 17/1/2015

When you need an edge

Pros

As a product, MaintenanceEdge is supported by excellent customer support. The product itself is simple and straightforward once you've learned the interface. The streamlining of requests is intuitive and promotes a more productive work environment.

Cons

There are a few holes in functionality that either require long-winded solutions for the end user or aren't possible at all. Searches and filters are rudimentary, and the UI is outdated and clumsy.

Victoria G.

Reviewed on 21/4/2015

Critical conflict alerts

Pros

Ease of usage and comprehensive reports. I particularly like the conflict alerts.

Cons

Slow at times. However, the periods of slow-ness are random.

Brad J.

Reviewed on 5/2/2014

Customer Support, Reporting Features, Increased Productivity /Accountability

The customer support at Facility Dude is fantastic! The Facility Dude staff are knowledgable and very quick to respond with answers to my questions as well as questions the rest of my team may have. The are very personable and understand that not all of us are computer geeks so they explain solutions in terms we can understand.

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. MaintenanceEdge helps us prioritize assignments which has greatly improved our productivity. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs.

Kimberly S.

Reviewed on 27/4/2015

Experience with SchoolDude

Pros

This product is very timely and efficient! Easy to use, SchoolDude let's me see as much of a work order as I need or as little as necessary. Filling out a work order is fast and easy as this product has been tailored to our specific use.

Cons

There is nothing I like least. As of yet we are not able to input FAI barcode tag numbers, but this is a minor issue.

• Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Not so great.

Kept up with maintenance schedules fairly well.

Pros

User interface is simplistic.

Cons

Not easy to navigate or find backend information. I do not like how work for the day is presented.

Mark G.

Reviewed on 29/5/2015

Maintenance Edge is awesome!

Pros

Maintenance Edge is easy to implement and daily use by myself and my technicians is quick. The FacilityDude staff are some of the nicest and easy to work with people that I have encountered.

Cons

I am in the manufacturing business (hardwood lumber mills). The heavy equipment and truck application of Maintenance Edge is not quite as interactive as previous programs I have used. The staff is listening to manufacturing clients to make these issues more workable and is making changes in the program to help users of trucks and other rolling stock to make use and the resulting information simpler to enter and report on.

Paul F.

1.5
Reviewed on 20/4/2015

Adequate, but not easy to use

Pros

I like that the tool is customizable for what information can be asked for in a ticket.

Cons

The tool is not easy to use for either an admin or user standpoint. Even logging in can be a hassle. I leave an email in my inbox to click on and access a ticket rather than use the login and try to remember my access number. The interface is confusing and I've been unable to find any way to integrate the tool with our other applications, or open a ticket from an email.

Dennis O.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 6/3/2015

Facility dude evaluation

Pros

The setup is intuitive, and you are easily able to make changes to setup on the fly.

Cons

I don't like that a requester can see all requests in the system. I understand the rationale that it allows requester to see WO's in the system and may avoid duplication, but it also gives the requester a window into the Maintenance world that isn't always appropriate.
I would like to see this as a feature that could be turned on or off. I would welcome a response to this issue.

Ronald S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 16/6/2017

Camp Facility Director

Great customer service

Pros

Out of all of the products I reviewed and sampled the Maintenance Edge by Dude Solutions offered the lowest cost.

Cons

I would like it if Maintenance Edge by Dude Solutions would allow PM's to sync with a google calendar.

Todd B.

Reviewed on 13/6/2017

Impressive product

Pros

Outstanding customer service. Flexible products to fit any size or type of industry. Intuitive design makes it easy to use.

Cons

Still in the process of implementing the system.

Leonard E.

Reviewed on 2/6/2014

Very user-friendly

Pros

This is easy to use and user-friendly. It handles all my building needs. The support is ready to answer all my questions within minutes of an email.

Cons

I understand the product is so widely used in different industries. It would be nice to customize the field names.