HoneyBook Reviews

4.8

4.8

About HoneyBook

HoneyBook is the centralized clientflow management platform that empowers independent businesses to deliver remarkable client experiences and operate with confidence. Use one platform to see what’s happening with all projects....

4.7

Browse HoneyBook Reviews

Michelle Simmons
Michelle Simmons

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

The BEST investment for my business

Love love LOVE HoneyBook! I've been using it for several years now, and can't imagine using anything else instead. And their customer service is QUICK and helpful for the few times I haven't been able to figure out how to do something.

Pros

It keeps my business organized and on track! From digital contracts and invoicing, custom brochures and questionnaires, to email tracking and a simple way to see what step I'm at with each project, HoneyBook keeps me on track.

Cons

The worst part about it is getting started, but even THAT is pretty simple with their "concierge service" where you can send them your current forms and they'll digitize them for you!

Matthew

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Streamline your Booking Experience

The software has made our small business more efficient and allows us to focus on the clients, as we run a client based business, it is important that we can take the time we used to spend invoicing, requesting contracts, and following up on payments to interact with our clients more.

Pros

Honeybook streamlines your process into an easy to use system, once the initial set up, from questionnaires to Invoices and Contracts you have all the tools you need to manage your projects. The desktop and mobile app add flexibility to what you can do with your business at home, in the office, or on the go.

Cons

The setup process is a bit tricky and unless you have familiarized yourself with template creation, pay someone to build your templates, or find a premade on to edit to work for your needs it is a bit overwhelming if you have no experience at all with creating online templates or websites.

Tracy

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Traumatized: 2 Years of Headaches then back Square 1

Traumatizing. They’ve got the right idea but not a single clue about operating a business. In the end, the lesson learned in my own business is to stop paying for headaches sooner rather than later.

Pros

Customizing the aesthetics of Client facing files was the reason we used it and the time invested in getting those things created, was why we stuck with it far longer than we should have. Regret every penny and every hour spent on this software, ultimately they “updated” their format (again) and we had to start all over - at our expense and time investment. They lost every payment dispute, dispute our never having lost one when we could handle them: our contracts are iron clad. You’re not given the choice to handle dispute: they must do it - they charge you for it too!

Cons

Customer service is pass-the-buck and no phone number and call backs hours to days later…don’t bother calling on a Friday afternoon, and if u do biz on weekends - too bad for you. Extremely slow to create something, it freezes, slow to upload assets, not intuitive to use whatsoever, help docs are vague. I once begged them to add non-gmail email and they told me their software was “not sophisticated” enough for me.

Typeform and Notion

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Already using Notion for biz operations, added the functionality of Honeybook to Notion myself using Typeform integrations. I wouldn’t have had the knowledge to do this 3 yrs ago when I started w Honeybook, learning Notion has been a fantastic investment of time and very inexpensive.

Top HoneyBook Alternatives

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Near Perfect Helper

Overall, I live using Honeybook. It has helped me keep my client's information and projects easily managed.

Pros

I appreciate having all of my client's information in one place. I also like that it can be integrated with email, you can create documents and so on.

Cons

I would like more creative ability within the documents. Also don't like how some of the documents including invoices interact. It's hard to explain. It's both easy and complicated at the same time.

Dubsado , 17hats , Microsoft 365 and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Overall this was the software that had the features I needed in one place.
Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 8/8/2022

I'm glad I found Honeybook!

My experience has been great. It keeps my organized and I have recommended to other people for their business.

Pros

I like that the interface is easy to use and navigate and is visually appealing. I can track my leads and communicate with them and send emails and send updates and invoices, contracts, and receive payments all in one place. It keeps my business organized. I like the mobile app for business on the go. The customer support is helpful and responsive. Love the scheduling app! It has replaced my previous scheduler.

Cons

I want more email customization - better html features - add photo to my signature, add gifs, rename buttons and add them wherever I want in the email.
I'd like it to manage my items better - have a place where I can update item pricing and descriptions and archive old items.
I'd like better customization around the contact forms. Be able to match the text and font and fields closely to my website so that it integrates better onto my design. Be able to change colors of text and lines, and fonts and customize the lead contact form better.

Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The other product had a high learning curve. I took training courses to get started and it was still confusing. The interface wasn't that pretty or easy to navigate. The scheduling app was ugly. Even though it allows for more customization than Honeybook, I chose Honeybook because the entry level price matched my business and I like the clean look of the interface and easy to use navigation and the mobile app is great!
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

LocallyHost.Com use of HoneyBook

It enables us to create, send and manage contracts, invoicing and billing like no platform we have ever used

Pros

Easily sending out contracts and enabling the clients to sign them electronically

Cons

The cost of transitions when collecting online payments from clients

Docusign

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

We stopped using QuickBooks Online to send out invoices as we couldn't use it to sign documents electronically

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

We used DocuSign for some time and stopped because HoneyBook provides significantly more value
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

A Great Resource For Small Businesses

Pros

One, they created flexibility with pricing; for someone who wants to use the platform but uses a different checkout option, there is a very affordable tier. That tier is also fantastic for those just getting started. I've always found it crazy that more platforms don't carry an option like this for beginners.

Since I've been with Honeybook, they have been improving the software; they recently just came out with a fantastic feature to take your lead or on a streamlined journey.

Cons

I hope they allow us to ACTUALLY customize our project pipeline at some point.

Not everyone has the same process, and there is stuff I can't take off because it's default.

I also wish there was an easier way to just send someone to the item to be sold page rather than taking them to a pipeline, we all get leads differently, and I'd like to skip a step for some people.

Carlos
Carlos

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

A must for busy event people

Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I was on the forefront of it and they walked me into it , I don't think there were many alternatives as there is now

Response from HoneyBook

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Replied 15/11/2019
Lindsey
Lindsey

Reviewed on 18/3/2022

A tool to check off multiple boxes

Overall I love Honeybook. I signed up when there was a super good deal but when it came time to renew, it was an easy choice to keep going with it. I use it to ease my new client onboarding and that alone is well worth it. All the other features are just a bonus.

Pros

I like that it gives me the ability to have multiple tools within one software. I don't need an extra scheduling tool, I don't need a CRM, I don't need an invoicing tool, I don't need a form builder for my website. Honeybook handles all of those things for me which makes it really simple to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Some things aren't really intuitive so I have to use the help resources or ask customer support for help in figuring things out. The great thing is that the support team is really easy to chat with and makes things really simple.

Anna
Anna

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

Game-changing software

Amazing! 10/10. They have an excellent team, and the software is so easy to use.

Pros

I love that HoneyBook allows me to get paid faster! The templates feature is amazing. Everything about this software makes the user a better, more organized business owner.

Cons

I wish HB wasn't so laser-focused on wedding professionals--I'd love for them to provide more features for other creative professionals as well.

Proposify

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I knew someone that worked there and he gave me his referral code!
Casey

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Planning Pod

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.
Shelbye
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

The easiest way to get paid fast!

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time.
2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know!
3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess.
4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing.
2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

After looking into many different options (I don’t even remember all of them) we chose HoneyBook because of: 1. It’s UX design. It was very easy to navigate and use for both us as the admins and the customer. 2. The process of receiving payments was so simple. 3. The template creation which eliminated customizing every single contract manually. 4. The app!

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them!
I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable!
HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The hype & the partnership to the Rising Tide Society.
Kaycee
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

Honeybook is a game-changer for Service Oriented Small-Businesses

The biggest problem that I've struggled with since launching my business is obtaining payment in a timely fashion. Honeybook totally fixed that problem for me. I don't have to give a laundry-list of payment methods or pay for additional payment services, wait around for physical checks, or process e-checks. My customers just plop in their card information and then it hits my bank account.

SO. NICE.

Pros

Honeybook took my booking process to a massively higher level of success. My contracts are all signed, and invoices are paid before I even start designing. I walk my customers through the process and we discuss TAT and rates, next steps, and then I kick them over the Proposal with the same details we discussed during the sale.

With other software I've struggled to receive timely payments, or contract signatures.

Not anymore!

Cons

The contract templates are pretty limited to social media management and marketing ops. I think that every business needs their own contracts, period, but it would be nice to have a better starting place for other service providers.

Additionally, the emails that Honeybook kicks out for proposals, payments, contracts and the like have reportedly found their way to many of my customer's spam box. I just warn them ahead of time, but it's not super reassuring to some more leery customers.

Tamara
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Ever Growing to Meet the Needs of My Business

If they keep improving the product the way they have been I will be a happy HoneyBook HoneyBee for life.

Pros

I love the Project Management area. I can see everything i am working on and the stage it is at. I also love the automation of some of the project stages. I love that everything pertaining to that project is all included in the project. Once i open each project i can see all the files, correspondences between my client and I. I can simply pick up where i left off.

Cons

I was expecting more from the workflow and would love the option to create a link so clients can open the link to get to the invoice to make the payment. As much as I’d love everyone to use the client portal, not everyone can handle it and this would be a great feature for older, less tech-savvy clients.

Kristin

Reviewed on 22/9/2019

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros

Task automation
Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link
Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals
Contract integration with E signature capabilities
Easy to use platform
Manages all client communication with Gmail integration
Unbeatable customer service
AFFORDABLE

Cons

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails
Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

Response from HoneyBook

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Replied 30/9/2019
Rita

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

The learning curve is flat

Honeybook is responsible for the success of my business. Before Honeybook I had to follow up and demand to get paid and often get my payments postponed. Now it is all automated, clients even put their invoices in auto-pay.

Pros

I get paid without hassle. Everything is automated. The proposal is so amazing, you send the invoice and contract together, and it goes with a pay button where the customer has no choice besides to sign the contract and paying.

Cons

The app.
The time tracking - the fact you have to calculate the time in fractions, what should have been an easy task becomes a "let me google what 1h35min is in time fractions". You can just put the time in the app, but not on the webapp. But I can never login at the app because it doesn't accept Google SSO, but it does on the web, so I always have to change my password. The app doesn't stay connected for long.
So I just don't use the app, I have it installed because maybe one day it will update and login with Google.

Rae

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

Best CRM!

Honeybook has given me the confidence to run my business like a boss. When I send clients proposal, contacts and invoices I look and feel professional. The user interface is clean, easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I really like how well thought out everything is. Honeybook meets my business needs on multiple levels. It's given my business the structure that it needed. My business looks good every step of the way with custom brochures, questionnaire and well drafted contracts. I started using Honeybook at the start of the pandemic and was amazed at the customer service. Honeybook stepped in to provide it's community with webinars and resources on how each business could navigate the pandemic. They went above and beyond and for that I am grateful.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Honeybook

Ariel

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

Pros

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

Cons

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Dubsado and Pixieset

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I made the switch from my previous CRM due to countless recommendations from others in my field. After my trial, I was hooked!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is so much more user friendly and easy to use!
Dan

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Studio Management Software for Photographers

I am still relatively new to HoneyBook, but the customer service is top-notch. There is a lot of support, esp. in the set up of your business on their platform. They offer lots of help at every level. There are also weekly webinars to help users at any level, that save time for Q&A.

Pros

Being able to integrate this program/system with the other parts of my business is great. HoneyBook allows me to integrate a booking calendar into my website and to integrate financial software.

Cons

The learning curve is a little higher than other applications, but I think it is because it is so unique in its mission - to help organize multiple parts of a photography business.

SimplyBook.me

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

It was not as integrated and helpful as HoneyBook.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

HoneyBook gives you full access, where as SimplyBook charges for each part you use, so it adds up to be more expensive for the same services and feature.
Natasha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Natasha Rae Artistry Review

Very user friendly

Pros

Streamlines workflow, templates are either already perfectly set up, or if not, so easy to make changes.

Cons

Con mentioned in previous question when asked how can you improve

Barbara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Honeybook is the best!

Before Honeybook, we were having issues with past due account and staying on top of them. With Honeybook-that issue has gone away. Our customers are thrilled with the reminders and the ability to pay online. Before Honeybook we either had to have couples come back to the venue to book or would mail out the contracts delaying bookings by up to 2 weeks. Now we can send out everything and have our bookings completed in just hours! Working with clients and assisting in the coordinating /planning of their weddings are soo much easier with Honeybook. All emails are stored with the project-from the lead contact to the final thank you! No more hunting through email accounts. Notes and information stored there. And the ability to work from home without hauling home a stack of files is unbeatable. This is the BEST program for a wedding venue!

Pros

The ability to work from anywhere at any time is one of the best features. I can access all the information for our clients from home and answer any questions. Since leads go directly to this program, all emails are attached to each project so you have a record of everything you said. The Library stores all our documents and handouts. I love the report section--last month the owner was starting a project to see what months was our best months for bookings. He said he was going to have to dig through Quickbooks for the information. I pointed out that the information was already in the Honeybooks!

Cons

The only thing have to say that is bad about this program is when there is an update of change. Opening up the program to do something and finding that things have changed with no notice is frustrating.

Maria
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Invoicing made effortless with Honeybook!

Creating an invoice on HoneyBook is a straightforward process. It guides me through the necessary steps, from inputting client details to itemizing services and setting payment terms. The customizable templates provided also save so much time!

Pros

Honeybook's easy-to-use invoicing features have set a new standard for efficiency. As a professional managing multiple clients and projects, HoneyBook has made the task of creating and managing invoices simple for myself and easy for my clients to make payments.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Honeybook.

PayPal
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 26/1/2023

HoneyBook review by Jen

Considering how well most of the experience went, I would recommend HB.

Pros

Hand off booking to HoneyBook. They have several automated services that keep business on track even if you've gone off the rails for a moment.. (l.o.l.)We came to Honeybook because I'd heard great reviews of their contracts, I wasn't disappointed at all. Easy peasy.

Cons

While HB shined in some ways, I guess it just wasn't what I expected in others. Payments lagged behind.

Event Booking Engines

Possibility of improving processes

Reputation
Paige
Paige

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Not User Friendly - Difficult Learning Curve

Pros

Keeps contracts in one place, able to accept credit cards. You can network with other vendors, and they seem to really concentrate more on this than actually developing software that works well.

Cons

I am a "founding" Honeybook user and bought the lifetime membership. At first, HB was very convenient. The learning curve was very frustrating as the online software had many MANY bugs. It still does. The entire premise behind the software was to free up your time, have all your projects in one place, sign contract, get paid, etc. Yes, great idea! However, the software has so many glitches! You're not able to even edit a person in your contacts. Their customer support team used to be great you could actually message a real person - now you have to wait a day or two to get an email answer and most of the time they just send you a link to deal with your problem. Once you email your client the contract, everything goes down the Honeybook "rabbit hole". My clients are tech savvy and they can't even figure out Honeybook - the emails that I've received from frustrated clients is numerous. Save your time and money and get another online software that will actually do the job - like Sprout Studio or Dubsado. Wish I would have done that from the beginning. Regretting my purchase since my lifetime "membership" isn't transferrable and Honeybook continues to make money off of me by accepting credit card payments. I looked at 17hats, which also didn't have great reviews before I purchased Honeybook. Moving on, however, I'm assuming that the process will not be easy transferring existing contracts and other office files.