About Jobber

Cyber Monday: Get 50% Off for 3 Months! Jobber is a cloud-based field service management software solution that allows small and midsize service businesses to manage field staff, provide customer support, and expand business...

Browse Jobber Reviews

Marcus W. Marcus W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Good Software.....Greedy Management

Pros

I love how easy it was to set everything up and get started with this software. The calendar is great as well as many other features.

Cons

I HATE that I cannot charge our clients the credit card processing fee automatically. It is very time consuming to have to tell every single person to call or email the office if they want the 3% convenience fee added to their invoice and update their payment settings. This was supposed to make collecting money easy - not so time consuming and such a headache.

I also HATE that management is so greedy that they would only allow pictures on line items in the most expensive plan offered. I was unaware that Jobber had a "bug" at the time I started using this and months later, half way through a quote, I suddenly discover I am no longer allowed to add pictures to line items without upgrading to the most expensive plan for an extra $100 a month. We only have 5 users and will never be interested in the additional features with the grow plan. It feels very wrong that Jobber would only give this option for $200 a month when numerous other softwares offer pictures for under $100 a month.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Marcus, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's wonderful that you're finding Jobber easy to use in running your day-to-day operations, and that you're enjoying the scheduling features.

We are always eager to learn about how we can improve, and we are very sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Our team would love the opportunity to directly discuss your product feedback, and better understand how these features would positively impact your business. Our support team is available from 8am-5pm MT, M-F at your convenience by phone (1-888-721-1115) or email ([email protected]). We would be happy to address your concerns about your subscription and feature changes.

Replied 14/10/2021
Martin D. Martin D.

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

Jobber - a must have company working in the field

Jobber is at the heart of the business. Everyone know where to look for information; administration, scheduling, field service, accounts and customers. We have used it for 7 years and would recommend it without fail for any business running field operations.

Pros

Job recording is so easy - doing this properly means that the rest of the workflow becomes a breeze.
The calendar makes it simple to review and update the workload dynamically.
Quotes and Invoicing are no longer a chore! During invoicing, standard charges can be applied via dropdowns to speed up entry. Manual entry is just as easy. And the relevant charges are automatically applied. I then just press the button and it is emailed to my customer!
The Client Hub lets the customer look at activity online and saves us time answering customer queries. It also makes us look good - an efficient company, well organised and customer focussed.

Cons

Whenever I have been faced with having a feature in the software, either I email the support team or someone has beaten me to it and the feature comes out in one of the releases of software. So, I have no 'cons' for the software. It works perfectly for the way I work rather than me having to adapt my business to work with it!

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Martin,
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely, detailed review. We're so happy to hear that lots of your suggestions are becoming part of the program. Be sure to keep those great ideas coming, as Jobber has been and continues to be built off of customer feedback just like this.

It has been a pleasure working with you for these past 7 years and we appreciate you trusting us to work with you.

We look forward to being on your team for many more years to come. Have a great day!

Replied 26/7/2021
Zianne S. Zianne S.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Just do it!

Pros

This is not just an app. I literally use Jobber for every aspect of my business. They’re always adding new and helpful features that will take your business to the next level of efficiency. I’ve never been this enthusiastic about giving a 5 star review— they really deserve it. They also care about community. I highly highly recommenced you choose this app/site if you’re looking for a platform to manage your service/booking based business. It will give you everything you’re looking for.

Cons

To be completely honest, theres nothing I can pinpoint that I don't like. There was a request I had a while back regarding adding a new feature, and magically, they added it within months (To be able to manually input credit card payments for invoices). They seriously consider their customers requests. I have so much faith in them because they're always improving.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review, Zianne! We're so proud to work with the Elite team and it's been great having your involvement in some of our community events! So glad to have you on the team, and don't hesitate to keep those requests coming so we can work some more of that "magic" ;)

Replied 6/1/2020

Top Jobber Alternatives

Emily W. Emily W.

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

I love Jobber! The scheduling, quoting, invoicing, custom fields, etc are just what our biz...

We are a much more organized team with this software. It keeps track of all of our documents, maps, estimates, invoices, order forms etc that used to be spread all over the office, in a stack of papers to be filed or in a paper file that no one ever bothered to look at. We are much more easily able to quote and retrieve quotes and send them to our customers in a really professional looking e-mail. It's great to have the scheduling work with the client database and the invoicing software...it really just make the whole client process quite seamless.

Pros

Hard question as there is SO MUCH I like. The scheduling is great as the calendar is really easy to work with and has customization features. It works excellent for just one or a whole team of people. The quoting feature is phenomenal and was revolutionary for our business. Not only can we now easily keep track of quotes and attach maps and other docs to the quotes, the whole quote and attachments are converted to the job when we close. Life changing. Notes and such no longer get lost as paper copies and our team is ALL informed of what is going on with a job. Jobber also generates a reminder for us to follow up with the customer a couple of days after the quote, which is quite handy. Jobber automatically sends 2 reminders to our clients that we are coming out, which they love and makes us look great! The guys have the ability to map the property with a push of one button and send a quick "on our way" text message to the customer. Customer service is always a phone call or chat away and everyone is always fantastic and super helpful. I love all the custom fields to store serial numbers, customer details and lots of notes. The tags are also very helpful to sort customers into different categories for easy reference. Overall, Jobber is definitely one of the best things we've done for our business. I highly recommend.

Cons

I wish the app had similar functionality to the desktop; however, strides towards this have definitely been made in the past year. I would like "estimate" to be added like a task, event or job, blending the features of a job (reminders sent) and task (no invoicing necessary). I would like transferable fields to be more customizable by me and more flexible overall. I would LOVE to be able to start with one customer service person and finish the issue all the way through with them instead of switching if the issue takes a bit of time. I would love to be able to add automatic follow up and templated e-mail follow up based on category of job. It would be nice to have the option of paying Jobber Payment fees monthly instead of per transaction. All of these things are so minor, but would be helpful to change/add.

Monty D. Monty D.

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

We love Jobber But.......

We love Jobber because their support is great and there product is great! Its been going on 4 years now and still no resolve on the notifications issue. Not even an update. WE NEED SMS AND EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO WORK PROPERLY! PLEASE!!!!!

Pros

The way it organises our daily processes. Without it we would just be another business

Cons

Notifying our customers that their service is due, is crucial to our success. Notification emails and sms are just not working correctly? Right now if you have anyone unassigned in the grid view while sending notifications, all of those people will receive notifications too, when they shouldn't! Only the people on the calendar who are scheduled for that day should get the notifications. My customers who are unassigned get pissed and call me telling me "I didnt schedule service for this date". Any other users of Jobber using the notifications via email or sms having the same problem? Please let me know if your having the same issues? The reports need work, There are limited reports and no ability to shell out to a custom report writing utility. Things like new activations, disconnections so you can track how many active customers and non active customers you have. Love the quote signing ability they just came up with, but it would be nice if they had a Check box that has to be clicked acknowledging they read the service terms. Forms are lacking for our pest control industry. An inspection report of the home/office needs to be dont to let the customer know the deficiencies that need to be corrected for proper pest management. Invoices are great!

Eric C. Eric C.

Reviewed on 22/8/2014

Jobber - from a painter's perspective

Pros

The best part of this program is the mobile/cloud-based feature that can be accessed by multiple people on the go and still see all the same information. I use the calendar to schedule and see where each of my crews are working for the day(s). I am running two crews, plus a sales schedule from Jobber. I would think that more than five schedules would be more difficult to run on Jobber, just because of the way their calendar is set up.

There is a decent amount of customization; I was able to enter the various services I offer to my clients with pre-set pricing. The estimate forms are fairly professional.

I can give each of my crew leaders and members access (at a monthly fee per employee who has access), and they enter their own hours. So, payroll can be done fairly easily by downloading their hours into an Excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It does not sync very well with QuickBooks Desktop version. I am not interested in moving to QB online (several bookkeepers and accountants have advised not to go to QB online). It has created duplicates in Jobber, and Jobber does not offer a mass editing feature, like deleting or editing a batch of clients or contacts.

JOBBER is not a CRM (client management tool), so it is not easy to pull out all the clients' addresses, emails, etc. to do a mass mailing or email blast. It also doesn't allow me to have automatic followup on certain projects that need attention in a shorter time period. For example, decks need to be done every two years to stay looking nice; I wish I could have a way of pulling this up or auto-notifying. It does not help you really stay in touch with past clients all that easily, and past clients are the easiest source of business compared to trying to get new business.

David R. David R.

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

This software was amazing!

Overall great software, great team of customer support...very quick to respond! Very great value and professional looking software for the low cost.

Pros

Loved, loved this software. Made me look profesional to my c ustomers. Especially just starting out, this software made me look like a much larger, very professional business in the home improvement business. Very simple, very easy to use.

Cons

Features. I eventualy switched to another software because jobber was limited at the time. I really wanted SMS and email notifications to go out to clients and leads automatically from the system and jobber did not have those features at the time. I believe they have those features now.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your review, David! Glad to hear Jobber was able to add that level of professionalism to your business as you were getting started. You're right in that we do have SMS functionality currently, where you can send visit reminders, on my way and late messages, and invoices and quotesall via SMS. The door is always if you have any questions about Jobber's current functionality. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Wishing you all the best!

Replied 4/11/2019
Sai D. Sai D.

Reviewed on 20/8/2018

Jobber is awesome!

I used to have my crew members write their notes and track their time on client sheets. I then had an employee who collected those papers, input hours into a google sheet, and invoiced through Quick-books online, and managed client information through a different CRM. That employee wound up costing 10% of the monthly income! When they quit, I found Jobber and was able to manage so much more on my own, drastically cutting costs. I have better control over all aspects of my business because of Jobber, and I would highly recommend it to other small service businesses.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it allows a small company to manage most of its administrative and office needs in one place, by one person. It also scales as you get bigger to allow delegation of tasks to other team members.

Cons

With the new payment collection options, Jobber has addressed the biggest complaint I had with the software, specifically how to address partial payments.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your review, Sai! We're so glad we've been able to help you get control back of your business. Thanks for being on the Jobber team, and enjoy the partial payments features!

Kirstyn B. Kirstyn B.

Reviewed on 23/4/2019

A Great Solution

Jobber has solved a lot of communication issues within our company. It has helped us to become more efficient, and to work better as a team. For me, personally (in an administrative role) it has helped me cut out duplication (before, we were working in three different systems), which means less errors. It also allows a high level of visibility into our business operations which means less confusion for everyone. It's mobile, which means team members in the field can access the information they need to without having to be in front of a computer. This is ideal within our industry. Data is easily managed within the software and can be exported if needed. All-in-all, we're very pleased with Jobber.

Pros

The support staff is, bar none, the best I've ever worked with: they respond quickly, they're efficient, and they really want to help you find a solution for whatever questions you may have. The software is easy to use and is extremely linear, which has been a great fit for my team. Jobber is always updating and improving it's features to fit the needs of it's customers.

Cons

Because it is so linear, there are times where you cannot easily "undo" certain actions you've performed. You need to do things right the first time, and consistently, if you want your data to be clean. While this is sometimes difficult from an administrative point of view, it has been a good thing for my team--who have had to develop repeatable, efficient processes; something they have not had to do in the past. In short, it has forced us to become more detail oriented and accurate which, again, is sometimes frustrating while first learning the software.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your review, Kirstyn! We're so happy we've been able to help your team streamline operations, and we've noted your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)

Replied 30/4/2019
Kate W. Kate W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 23/8/2018

We love Jobber!

We love jobber, its a great software and has helped us organize the company tremendously!

Pros

This software is fast, easy to use and organized. The options to separate a quote into multiple jobs has been detrimental to our business.

Cons

Jobber doesnt work well with multiple sales people, you can set defaults but they will be specific to one person. For instance, if you have two estimators and you want the quote to be sent from that specific sales person you will have to go in and change names, company names, etc each time. The default option should have multiple options set to sales persons individually.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Kate! A Jobber account allows for just one company's branding, but if you'd like replies for emails to go to different email addresses, you can remove the email address from your settings, which will cause email replies to go to the email address associated with whichever user sent out the email from Jobber. If you have more than one company, it's possible to set up multiple Jobber accounts and have them linked, which also might help with separating branding. If you have any questions about this or additional feedback, please reach out to our Success team and we'll do our best to help out. Thanks again for your feedback!

Nathan G. Nathan G.

Reviewed on 2/3/2018

Jobber is easy to use for all business owners despite your tech knowledge. Eliminates...

Eliminates Paperwork and easy to use!

Pros

We love the SMS messaging and email appointment reminders because that saves us a lot of time on the phone. Appointments that are already confirmed help us so much. The scheduling of the Jobs is very quick and efficient. It has also been great to be able to store a customers card info in the system which makes it more convenient for us to get paid after each pest control appointment but also less hassle for the customer. The employee time logs for Jobber are great as well. They can just start and stop their time each day which makes payroll much easier for accounting company.

Cons

We want to be able to send out more sms appointment reminders. As in more than one. It would help us to be able to send out one like a week or two before then also like one day before the appointment. Have found that many customers dont check email.

Jonathan G. Jonathan G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Great app for a small business service provider

Overall, we do recommend giving them a try to see if it's a platform you find to fit your needs. We actually have been through a few different ones, each with their pros and cons but Jobber has left us feeling like found the one to build and grow with going forward.

Pros

Enjoy that it's function takes into account a few little things that apply to a small service related company that we feel was missed in bigger providers (unless you bought something really robust and costly). We're big fans of the scheduling queue feature and it's click/drag functionality. The mapping function for scheduling/dispatching is very cool and something you typically cannot get for software at this price level, so that's what initially won us over. Also has some customization that is always good to have to help tailor something to YOUR biz.

Cons

Though it has some customization, a couple more things would be nice as well as a bit more integration with other software and apps (both of which I'm sure they have in the hopper, just not quite there yet).

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for this thorough feedback, Jonathan! Feel free to send feedback our way (to our Success Team) and it will certainly be used to help drive the direction of the software. So glad to have the Youth Alliance crew on the team!

Replied 23/4/2019
Jennica M. Jennica M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 13/9/2020

Jobber saved my company

I was ready to give up on my business as I was overwhelmed with manually scheduling employees and using 3 separate apps to track staff hours, invoice, and complete payroll. Jobber solved all of those issues for me and saved my company.

Pros

I was manually tracking and scheduling employees and they were manually logging their own hours. Jobber streamlines the whole process of dispatching, time tracking, and invoicing and exports the info to my QuickBooks. Excellent customer support as well.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with Jobber for as long as I've used it. The customer support is excellent for anything I didn't understand about it.

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you so much for your review, Jennica!

Replied 16/1/2021
Rebekah B. Rebekah B.

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Great for getting the job done, not so great for doing it quickly

Pros

Great software for keeping track of customers and invoicing, the mapping route feature can be really helpful, great customer service, sends out professional invoices, links with Quickbooks, allows for customers to pay online (for a % fee)

Cons

This software can be time consuming to use for several reasons - it doesn't save your place when navigating through invoice, customer, or job lists (i.e. scroll through invoices, click on one, then go back and get sent back to the top of the list), doesn't allow for mass archiving/reopening jobs (which for seasonal jobs is necessary) which means a lot of extra clicking and manually reopening each and every job.

The link with Quickbooks can also be difficult - often information will get stuck on one platform or the other, or duplicate information will appear. However, customer service is always very helpful on resolving these types of issues.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on navigation and bulk actions. We'll definitely share these notes with our product team as we're always looking at how we can make the software easier to use. We're so glad to hear we've helped out with your processes in other areas. Thanks for your review, Rebekah!

Replied 23/4/2019
Kaisley R. Kaisley R.

Reviewed on 1/6/2018

Quick, easy, and efficient.

Pros

I like that fact that all three of our sales reps are able to go on a potential job site and quote our product on the spot. It not only makes it easier for the reps by calculating the costs by sqft and discounts, but it is a HUGE benefit to the office staff who can pull up those same quotes in an instance so that everybody is on the same page.

Cons

There needs to be a way to automate a follow-up email sent to a lead that receives a quote from us after a few days. I know there is a current function to send follow-up emails after a project is completed, but it would be much more efficient to have one sent after the quote to follow up on potential business. I also wish there was an ability to put together contracts through Jobber based on what items were included in the quote.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Kaisley! We'll share your thoughts on automated quote follow-ups and contract creation in the program with the product team. We're so glad to have you on the team!

Chris C. Chris C.

Reviewed on 28/5/2018

Billing has many holes. Overall great

Pros

It's a good software that works for me and I have to work with it. Scheduling, reminders, easy to use. Cost is on point

Cons

Mobile app can be more user friendly, Billing has many holes. Can't accept multiple invoices at once and can't take half cash and have a credit card. Ok reporting but could be better. Doesn't shows an audit on each account like housecall pro. I like to know who did what with my customer account. But housecall pro can't offer multiple property Management houses like jobber does.

Daniel L. Daniel L.

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Awesome!!!

I've used Jobber and deployed it training and everything for 2 of my marketing clients.

Pros

Customer Support is absolutely stellar level. The UI is so clean and intuitive. Love the calendar views and the custom fields you can create; even color code based on predefined ID triggers. It really is a great tool for business administration; if you prefer not shooting yourself in the head trying to manage a service company! Lol

Cons

NO AUTOMATED REOCCURRING PAYMENT ABILITIES!!!! That's it. The only con!

Amanda D. Amanda D.

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

Bad update

Over all experience has been great till the jobber app on my crews tablet stopped working and they have been dragging there feet on how it can get fixed.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for us. Easy to explain and show someone how to use it when that person isn’t tech savvy. Love how my clients can pay on it

Cons

Did an update and now my crew can’t us the app. They can’t even figure out why it isn’t working it has been working for the past 9 months perfectly fine and they did a big update and now it doesn’t work on a tablet.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Amanda, we're so glad to hear things with Jobber are going well! If you haven't been able to get the app issue resolved, our team is here to help. Please reach out to our Success Team and we'll get you back on track. Thanks for your review!

Replied 16/1/2021
Brittney L. Brittney L.

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Extremely helpful for our work

Pros

How many things it does! I can really completely manage our clients without over-complicating things for the employees using the app.

Cons

I'd REALLY like a feature that you can assign a BILLING/ ACCOUNTS PAYABLE email address. Or some kind of feature that you'd be able to assign certain functions to each contact email address. Some of our clients want some staff to receive reminder emails for appointments, or follow up emails, but they want ONLY their accounts payable person receiving the invoices. Right now, it undermines the batch invoice function because I have to manually switch who is getting what.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your feedback, Brittney! We may be making updates to how we manage contact details on clients down the road, so we'll certainly share your thoughts on a billing and accounts payable email address with our product team.

Jose F. Jose F.

Reviewed on 14/6/2017

The Have the right Idea but have some issues that made me lose bussiness

Pros

software is very easy to use has the right ideas schedule is very easy to add and move jobs and the app for the drivers works great and email customers and notifications works very good.

Cons

when i schedule customers for 6 months to a year and when their time is about to expired the system never tells you or remains you of that customer is going to get off your recruiting i switching cause of this i pay money and this is an option that they should consider putting.

Alainna C. Alainna C.

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

Great product - before the price hike

Scheduling, client organization, client communication, accepting payments

Pros

The functionality of this product and the ability to add or take away certain features was incredible! We got everything we needed but didn't have to pay for the things we didn't need. In the service industry there are so many different scales of business and needs we felt this was a perfect approach.

Cons

They have entirely changed their payment structure and thus have made this product 4x that of market value. We'll be switching to a similar product but with a much lower cost. Wish it could have ended differently.

Sarah S. Sarah S.

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

We Love Jobber

Jobber is amazing, user friendly, great staff, great price. Easy for techs in the field.

Pros

This is the most user friendly service, I or anyone in our team has ever used.
In addition there support staff is phenomenal, they truly are the BEST

Cons

I have no cons about jobber. It is the leading field tech software

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your review, Sarah! We're so glad to be on the Evergreen Window Cleaning team :)

Replied 17/5/2019
Rufus H. Rufus H.

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Jobber makes life as a small business operator possible.

Tracks jobs, quotes, tasks and time sheets and makes it easy to stay organized. I like almost all of the program. Covers the bases without being overly complicated.

Pros

Ease of use. Accuracy. Functionality
So easy to use on all mobile devices and laptop. Easy to get employees up to speed.

Cons

Lacks some high end features.
Could use a little more detail in some areas. Clunky saving photos to jobs.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your review, Rufus! We'll be sure to share your thoughts on photo uploads with the team, and if there's anything else you'd like to share feedback on don't hesitate to reach out to our Success Team if you haven't already.

Glad to have you on the team!

Replied 4/11/2019
Janna K. Janna K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

Love the app for my staff. And I'm loving the constant enhancements of the Systems uses.

Easy access and good communication with with my Team!

Pros

I love the automatic entries, that happen when I start typing an address. Saves wasting any time!And I love the invoicing system!

Cons

Only adjusts time on the calendar by half hour, would be helpful to adjust automatically by 15 min increments quickly

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Janna, thanks for leaving a review for us! Glad you and the team are loving the app. For your feedback around 15 minute increments, please reach out to our Success team. We might be able to help out with a solution, or at least collect your feedback in more detail for the team :)

Denisse B. Denisse B.

Reviewed on 14/4/2018

Great interface. Easy to use. Awesome software for a company looking to have most functions...

Ease of Scheduling. Time saving.

Pros

All functions are in one area such as: Scheduling, Reminders, Billing, Links to QBO. Has a mobile app for employees which allows clock in and clock out and it tracks via GPS. Awesome to be in the known of employees during working hours.

Cons

Jobber does not have an open API. Does not link to Quality Driven Software or many other software's. This is a true bummer because most software's have the ability and are open to connecting with other applications.